Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5769305 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:05am On May 21, 2015
chisco82:

With this eh! You make my day
I will be ok. Wait let me find who will translate my address to English for me cos it's wrtten in Korean language, i will send it to you so you can mail it to me through DHL.
Egbula oge biko.
Nwanyi oma.
grin

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:59am On May 21, 2015
Eating my breakfast now...

Coloured jollof rice with boiled egg.
Milk and Soyamilk mix.
Borehole water for gushing d food down.
Who cares to join? Lolz

my camera is bad ooo

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:23am On May 21, 2015
naijababe:

@ EfemenaXY, una be real ajebutter for una house. If I serve food like this in my house, my hubby and children will wonder if I have suffered the invasion of a body snatcher grin grin grin
Lols, as in ehhh.. Her table arrangement is enviable, so organised and neat... Really doubt if I will have such patience grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 11:05am On May 21, 2015
cococandy:
Baked pollock . Egg

Recipe please...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 11:05am On May 21, 2015
Ewuro4:
Kids..

Perogies, onions, peppers, hot pepper

recipe please
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 11:11am On May 21, 2015
jplay:

OK Aunty grin

5 people like my posts because I said the truth. I bet the same people who liked my posts are the ones saying I should mind my business, starting with Coco... lipsrsealed. At least you cook stew for your own husband and your food isn't always so dry. grin

bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 21, 2015
cococandy:
Baked pollock . Egg
Good looking and tasty!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 21, 2015
Akposy:
Eating my breakfast now...

Coloured jollof rice with boiled egg.
Milk and Soyamilk mix.
Borehole water for gushing d food down.
Who cares to join? Lolz

my camera is bad ooo
Not nutritious!Too plain and that might give you poor look. Don't eat that kind of food for a long time because it is not good for your health.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:14pm On May 21, 2015
all4naija:
Good looking and tasty!
thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:24pm On May 21, 2015
veave:

Recipe please...
Fry egg with mixed veggies of your choice.
That's all for the egg. grin
Ok use cooking spray(not that fatty vegetable oil) for less calories in your egg.

Stir fry onions, red,green and yellow bell peppers with little salt and seasoning. (cooking spray also)
Then add a little water to it and let them cook until very soft such that squish them with your spoon.

Season your fish (if you didn't marinate overnight) and pop into the oven to bake at 370 degrees.

Let bake for 45mins, Bring it out and pour your bell pepper sauce all over so that each piece is soaked in the sauce. Put it back in the oven and set to broil.
Don't go too far because it can burn at that broil temperature if you leave it unattended.
Bring it out after about 10mins or when you see the sauce thickening around the pieces of fish. (Don't let it dry totally)

Serve with your egg. Or anything else you like to eat.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:32pm On May 21, 2015
Yoghurt, Blackberry and red apple blend.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:07pm On May 21, 2015
all4naija:
Not nutritious!Too plain and that might give you poor look. Don't eat that kind of food for a long because it is not go for your health.
Yes sir! I don't have the money to cook good food....dats what i could afford.

You can donate some money if u care

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Half a week's worth of fruit & veg shopping. Frozen vegs excluded...

~ strawberries
~ lettuce
~ cucumber
~ apples
~ bananas
~ golden melon
~ pineapple
~ oranges
~ avocados
~ pears
~ cress
~ mangoes
~ red, yellow, and green bell peppers
~ satsumas
~ green and purple grapes
~ peaches
~ plums
~ cherry tomatoes
~ limes. (not sure what I'm going to use them for - yet)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2430171_dsc0392_jpegb22caee016e5733eae92b5d891d66e3f

Oh,yeah... Ready! Set! Go! We got a fruit kitchen here. I would also like to see other food stuff. You can just eat fruits (as meal) all the time,hun.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 7:23pm On May 21, 2015
cococandy:

Fry egg with mixed veggies of your choice.
That's all for the egg. grin
Ok use cooking spray(not that fatty vegetable oil) for less calories in your egg.

Stir fry onions, red,green and yellow bell peppers with little salt and seasoning. (cooking spray also)
Then add a little water to it and let them cook until very soft such that squish them with your spoon.

Season your fish (if you didn't marinate overnight) and pop into the oven to bake at 370 degrees.

Let bake for 45mins, Bring it out and pour your bell pepper sauce all over so that each piece is soaked in the sauce. Put it back in the oven and set to broil.
Don't go too far because it can burn at that broil temperature if you leave it unattended.
Bring it out after about 10mins or when you see the sauce thickening around the pieces of fish. (Don't let it dry totally)

Serve with your egg. Or anything else you like to eat.

Okay. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 7:25pm On May 21, 2015
Akposy:

Good boy don't get angry...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 21, 2015
cococandy:
Yoghurt, Blackberry and red apple blend.

That is pretty nice. Wait a minute! Why didn't you stir it together with a teaspoon?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 21, 2015
Akposy:

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Yet you were able to take a picture of it and posted it in a public forum. What a way to go with no-money talk! I know you have money but don't know how to eat good food.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:38pm On May 21, 2015
all4naija:
That is pretty nice. Wait a minute! Why didn't you stir it together with a teaspoon?
for the visual appeal smiley

Of course in the course of eating it, it stirred itself

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 7:58pm On May 21, 2015
all4naija:
Oh,yeah... Ready! Set! Go! We got a fruit kitchen here. I would also like to see other food stuff. You can just eat fruits (as meal) all the time,hun.

Can? Or can't?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Can? Or can't?
Can't is the right word. Ironically, 'can' can as well make sense! I think both can fit in from whatever angle you want to view it. Are you planning to become a Vegan?

Thank you for asking.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:24pm On May 21, 2015
all4naija:
Can't is the right word. Ironically, 'can' can as well make sense! I think both can fit in from whatever angle you want to view it. Are you planning to become a Vegan?

Thank you for asking.

Why d'you ask?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Why d'you ask?
I have never seen you with so much fruits! grin cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:51pm On May 21, 2015
veave:

Good boy don't get angry...
Tanx

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:53pm On May 21, 2015
all4naija:
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Yet you were able to take a picture of it and posted it in a public forum. What a way to go with no-money talk! I know you have money but don't know how to eat good food.
Are u trying to tell me that only financially bouyant pple possess a browsing phone.

Prove what u knw

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 10:43pm On May 21, 2015
veave:

recipe please

Perogies dough : Potato , flour and milk/water.

Filling: Bacon chunks and white cheddar cheese. ( you can substitute bacon with any ground meat/Turkey/chicken)

Fold it like little dumpling pockets and deep freeze up to 5months.

Preparation:

1.Boil the frozen Perogies then set aside.
2. Stir fry onion slices, peppers , mushrooms (any vegetable of your choice)
3. Add Perogies and stir with the veggie mix
4. Serve & enjoy.
You can eat like that or serve with any sides( baked beans, garden salad, fresh baby spinach & mandarin oranges).
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 12:19am On May 22, 2015
Ewuro4:

Perogies dough : Potato , flour and milk/water.

Filling: Bacon chunks and white cheddar cheese. ( you can substitute bacon with any ground meat/Turkey/chicken)

Fold it like little dumpling pockets and deep freeze up to 5months.

Preparation:

1.Boil the frozen Perogies then set aside.
2. Stir fry onion slices, peppers , mushrooms (any vegetable of your choice)
3. Add Perogies and stir with the veggie mix
4. Serve & enjoy.
You can eat like that or serve with any sides( baked beans, garden salad, fresh baby spinach & mandarin oranges).

thank you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by grandstar(m): 4:18am On May 22, 2015
robosky02:

How To Make River State Native Soup

Below are the ingredients for making the popular native soup in River state Nigeria,
the ingredients would serve about 6×2 people, you can increase or decrease the quantity of each ingredient depending on the number people would be eating your food.

You can make this soup as simple as possible, if you can’t find the ngolo and prowns where you live, you can leave them out. I can’t find the english name for Ngolo, is it clams?

1KG of meat
10 pieces of stock fish ear (nti okporoko)
2 cups of sliced uziza leaves
2 medium size dry fish
Cocoa yam as thickener (see image)
15-20cl of palm oil
2-3 cubes of maggi or knorr
1-2 cups of periwinkles
1-2 cups of ngolo
1 cup of ground crayfish
Salt and pepper to taste.
two handful of fresh prowns
2 spoons of ofor (alternative thickener)

How to Prepare Nigerian Native soup
You might wanna start by parboiling the shrimps, wash and parboil with a small pot, add half cup of water, a cube of maggi and a pinch of salt, allow to boil for up to 5 minutes, remove the head and set aside in a clean plate.

STEP 1
I like to start by parboiling the meat with all the necessary ingredients, most cooks forget that parboiling the meat and obtaining the stock (water left after parboiling) is an important part of Nigerian cooking process.

I like to parboil the meat with just 2 cubes of maggi, 1 bulb of onions, salt and maybe a sachet of onga classic (a very popular Nigerian spice for soup). My choice of meat is hard to cook, takes about 50-60 minutes before you commence with the rest of the cooking.

Step 2
Use this time to prepare the other ingredients; wash and slice the uziza leaves.

Soak the stock fish and dry fish with boiled water and wash thoroughly to remove sand and center bone. Grind the crayfish and fresh pepper also, you can grind together or grind separately.

Step 3
Add the washed dry fish/stock fish in the boiling meat on fire, after about 30-50 minutes of cooking just the meat. Once they are soft and the water is almost dried (about 1 cup left) add about 5-7 cups of water, palm oil and the ground crayfish. This step was visually demonstrated in the video below, so if you like watching better than reading you can scroll down to see the video.

Allow the soup to cook for another ten minutes before adding salt to taste, a cube of maggi. Maggi is a natural food sweetener, used in making almost all the {foods eaten in Nigeria} you can refer to our ingredients catalogue for an in-depth understanding of all the ingredients used in making Nigerian foods.

Step 4
Add the washed/cleaned ngolo, stir, add the cocoayam, allow to dissolve in 8-10 minutes, if it is still very watery you can add a spoon of ofor, cook for three minutes before adding the periwinkles, prown and sliced uziza leaves which is likely the last ingredient while making River state native soup.

Allow to simmer for another five minutes and you just made Nigerian’s most popular native soup.

I give you 10/10. Never tasted this but looks very yummy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by robosky02(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2015
grandstar:

I give you 10/10. Never tasted this but looks very yummy.

lol thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 11:06am On May 22, 2015
all4naija:
Excuse me!I m sure wen u were a student u cld afford all u want. Spare Akposy biko. Visit him in 5yrs and u ll b served such a delish meal. Pls say wot u kno

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gopulence: 12:45pm On May 22, 2015
all4naija:
I have never seen you with so much fruits! grin cool

how can you see her with so many fruits when you only come here to attack people..

Efemenaxy, never feeds her family without fruits...

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gopulence: 12:50pm On May 22, 2015
all4naija:
Not nutritious!Too plain and that might give you poor look. Don't eat that kind of food for a long time because it is not good for your health.

Akposy is a student baba!! Kindly stop all this...

You are one of the reasons why the world is like this....people living fake lives and posting on social media just to wet the appetite of your likes....nonsense!!

Well done Akp!!

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 2:06pm On May 22, 2015
Gopulence:

Akposy is a student baba!! Kindly stop all this...

You are one of the reasons why the world is like this.... people living fake lives and posting on social media just to wet the appetite of your likes ...nonsense!!

Well done Akp!!

Seriously?

Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.