Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5754271 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tjskii(f): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2013
Chillisauce: Croissant and baked eggs

Chilli,how did u bake the egg
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by homesteady(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2013
Noodles with vegetable saute!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2013
tjskii:

Chilli,how did u bake the egg

Spray a little olive oil in baking pan, break the eggs in it, added salt etc.
Then straight to the heated oven.

If you don't have the oil spray, you can try rubbing the oil with a clean serviette
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by homesteady(m): 9:52am On Nov 05, 2013
Chillisauce: Sponge cake

Please Was your sponge cake very soft?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2013
homesteady:

Please Was your sponge cake very soft?

Very soft like the Victoria sponge cake.

But if you put in fridge after the day baked, it will tend to turn to puff puff undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by homesteady(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2013
Chillisauce:

Very soft like the Victoria sponge cake.

But if you put in fridge after the day baked, it will tend to turn to puff puff undecided

Please tell me how you did it!
I've baked sponge cake twice! The 1st time, I forgot to put baking powder and it came out strong! But it still had that sponge cake taste!
The 2nd time! It came out like stone! Very strong grin grin
So please tell me how you normally make yours!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 05, 2013
homesteady:

Please tell me how you did it!
I've baked sponge cake twice! The 1st time, I forgot to put baking powder and it came out strong! But it still had that sponge cake taste!
The 2nd time! It came out like stone! Very strong grin grin
So please tell me how you normally make yours!

I used google o. Followed the recipe for Victoria secret cake.

Same measurements and got it right.

But I think the butter makes it fluffy. Use enough butter
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by homesteady(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2013
Chillisauce:

I used google o. Followed the recipe for Victoria secret cake.

Same measurements and got it right.

But I think the butter makes it fluffy. Use enough butter

I don't use butter to make mine! Just egg, sugar, flour and baking powder!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2013
homesteady:

I don't use butter to make mine! Just egg, sugar, flour and baking powder!

grin grin

How do you want to get the sponge out of the cake na.

Na the butter be the thing wey dey make am spongy!

Even biscuit you use butter.
Chin chin...butter
Bread ...butter.

We have to go back to the drawing board.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by homesteady(m): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2013
Chillisauce:

grin grin

How do you want to get the sponge out of the cake na.

Na the butter be the thing wey dey make am spongy!

Even biscuit you use butter.
Chin chin...butter
Bread ...butter.

We have to go back to the drawing board.

That's the recipe I got from the book I'm using grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2013
homesteady:

Check again, maybe they missed the butter part .

Or your eye no reach there.

From wiki...
Ingredients
8 Eggs, separated into whites and yolks
190 g / 6.7 oz sugar
95 g / 3.3 oz flour
55 g / 2 oz corn starch
45 g / 1.6 oz butter, melted
Vanilla extract

Form other site

225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
225g (8 oz) butter, at room temperature
225g (8 oz) caster sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by homesteady(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2013
Chillisauce:

Check again, maybe they missed the butter part .

Or your eye no reach there.

From wiki...
Ingredients
8 Eggs, separated into whites and yolks
190 g / 6.7 oz sugar
95 g / 3.3 oz flour
55 g / 2 oz corn starch
45 g / 1.6 oz butter, melted
Vanilla extract

Form other site

225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
225g (8 oz) butter, at room temperature
225g (8 oz) caster sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder

OK! Thanks! I'll try it another time smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IzyLuv(f): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
Okro soup wif fish(stock, ice, dry)... No oil.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^^ That okra soup looks tasty!

queeneth26: Rice with diced meat stew and spinach

This looks yummy! I love spinach. tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rickybel(m): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Some homemade Samosa

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Lickme(f): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
Dumpling, chicken and beetroot

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
Rickybel: Some homemade Samosa

Yummy! What was inside? smiley

Lickme: Dumpling, chicken and beetroot

Whoa, beet root... don't think I've had that before lol. How is it?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Lickme(f): 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
Dumpling, chicken and beetroot
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Lickme(f): 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
ogugua88:

Yummy! What was inside? smiley

Whoa, beet root... don't think I've had that before lol. How is it?

Its spherical dark red root used as a vegetable. You just boil it and when its soft wait for it to cool off. Then you add vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Its delicious:p
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
Lickme: Its spherical dark red root used as a vegetable. You just boil it and when its soft wait for it to cool off. Then you add vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Its delicious:p

Yeah, I've seen it but I've never tasted it. Been afraid lol. Sugar and salt? Interesting. I'll have to try it one day. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Lickme(f): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
ogugua88:

Yeah, I've seen it but I've never tasted it. Been afraid lol. Sugar and salt? Interesting. I'll have to try it one day. cheesy
. Or if you dnt want to use salt and sugar you can use chutney. I have seen other people you mayonnaise and a bit of onion instead of vinegar, salt and sugar. I will give you the recipe for the chutney one neeh. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Lickme(f): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
ogugua88:

. Or if you dnt want to use salt and sugar you can use chutney. I have seen other people use mayonnaise and a bit of onion instead of vinegar, salt and sugar. I will give you the recipe for the chutney one neeh. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 09, 2013
homesteady: Noodles with vegetable saute!
nice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 09, 2013
Na wa o, all dis mouth watering dishes witout d recipe? tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 12, 2013
homesteady:

I have a similar recipe too... Called Vanilla Fatless Sponge cake, I'm gonna try it dis weekend
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 12, 2013
Gbegiri

Ingredients

Serves 4
Beans 1 cup
Palmoil (1.5 serving spoon)
Habanero Pepper/ Rodo (some people use dry pepper also known as cayenne pepper)
Stock cubes
Potash ( a little)
Salt to taste
Locust beans (optional)

Procedure

Peel ur beans like you would do to moinmoin, place a pot on medium heat, add ur potash and boil till its soft, blend ur pepper (6pieces would do) to a smooth paste, I use the traditional broom to mash my beans the same way it is done for ewedu, but in place of the b room a blender can be used.. The beans must be warm not scalding hot before blending so you don't destroy ur blender. Once the beans is in a smooth paste either from blender/broom, place back on low heat, add one single stock cube, your pepper and ur oil, then u stir. Add salt to taste and a little water to reduce the thickness. Leave on low heat for 5mins, if u want to put locust beans, now is the perfect time, add it and let it steam for 1min. Turn off the heat and serve hot.

PS.. Gbegiri gets thickened when cold, little water can be added when warming.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2013
Abacha grin

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
adaobi123: Abacha grin

Nice, next time put Pomo in it and garden egg, ukpa etc.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chillisauce:

Nice, next time put Pomo in it and garden egg, ukpa etc.

Okay cool but I hate garden egg lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
adaobi123:

Okay cool but I hate garden egg lipsrsealed

The potash in the abacha is very strong in the intestine. It's like a bleach lipsrsealed.
Most times the garden egg or the leaf helps neutralize it.

I found out I have less stomach pains when I. Eat the abacha with vegetable than eating it plain
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chillisauce:

The potash in the abacha is very strong in the intestine. It's like a bleach lipsrsealed.
Most times the garden egg or the leaf helps nutritive it.

I found out I have less stomach pains when I. Eat the abacha with vegetable than eating it plain

Hmm okay. Next time I'll add some green leaf and see whether there's a difference.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by expert101(m): 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice food and pictures here. An hungry already!

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Painandgain(f), dollynnn(f), tabithababy(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.