Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5758691 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mariangeles:
I proooooooooooomise it tastes better than it looks... embarassed
it looks sweet already, if it taste better, then that must be heavenly. What is it? Egg and what?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
Don't mind my food o. Just manage am for dz cold weather. Wheat, ugwu, stew n nnkan inu eran. @ zaynie u know na...after d sickness comes d food grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
zaynie:

I like new yam too.
Very soft..... kiss kiss kiss
madam zaynie d madam. I dey observe u from one corner

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
cococandy:
the marbling on that third picture is exquisite
I had to check what marbling means.... cheesy. I am trying to get more styles of marbling but I somehow can perfect only this one. tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
jagugu88li:
I had to check what marbling means.... cheesy. I am trying to get more styles of marbling but I somehow can perfect only this one. tongue

Lol. cheesy

Anyway this is the best style I guarantee you

The demarcation is clear unlike the others where it looks good in the pan but after you bake and cut into it, it’s all over the place without any clear pattern

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
zaynie:

Maami....I no get recipe o

I simply used a derica of beans ( the black eyed peas)
A handful of ata rodo (if I say scotch bonnet now another round of debate will start cheesy)
2 medium sized onions
2 big head of fish grin
Oil for frying

Peel of the beans and rinse thoroughly. Soak overnight to get a very smooth and soft paste. It also reduces the time it takes to turn to get that fluffy texture.
Next morning

Boil the ata rodo till soft, pound.

Grind the beans with the head of fish and onions. Be very mindful of water. Akara is better thick than watery. Thick akara has solution (you can always add water to subsequent ones, watery paste has no solution, its either you eat akara pancakes or respect yourself and just turn it to moimoi cheesy)

So grind with minimal water and add water as you see fit. The paste must be very thick sha.

If you're using bouillon cubes aka maggi (optional) you might want to dissolve it in water so that it doesn't stand out in the akara.

In a smaller bowl, put just enough to fry one round, add a little water, your liquid stock, pepper and salt. Taste. It shouldn't be too salty cos the akara will even be much more saltier upon frying (I don't know how manage o).
Use your ladle aka turning stick to turn and make fluffy .
Meanwhile your oil should be in a frying pan on fire. The oil should be much in it. Lesser oil means your akara will spread no matter how thick, more oil means it will pop right up once it hits the oil. I like the oil very hot from the beginning then immediately I adjust the stove to reduce the heat so that the akara will get done to the inside. Also don't make the balls too big or else only the outer part will be done. Try to use a scooping spoon to put the batter in the oil.

Once you're done with that round, start preparing batter for another round. You can tweak for each round by adding onions, more pepper, less salt, fish etc as you see fit to each round.

Try to use a wooden spoon to flip the akara as they stick to metal. The ones ready should flip easily and makes.more.sense if the under is brown already (so you don't have to flip again)

Put in a tissue lined sieve and its ready for consumption.
awon olowo shibi

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amicable09(f): 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
I did it!!!! gringringrin

My first plate of food posted here cheesy
I love this challenge!
Keeps me in the kitchen at least once a week.
Thanks to everyone for the inspiration coming from here.

Get your spoons and Enjoy the taste!

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
For Dh.... Him he can eat pomo, beef n all but me ehn...... Meat still irritates me.Egusi,ugwu, pomo toh thick, beef all dz going down with fufu toh succulent,!

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tolutweety(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
amicable09:

I love this challenge!

After tasting..

It did not sweet na. sad angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
tolutweety:

After tasting..

It did not sweet na. (
shocked c indirect word o....MO foor oooo. Use style beg small just small na.....

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
zaynie:

Maami....I no get recipe o

I simply used a derica of beans ( the black eyed peas)
A handful of ata rodo (if I say scotch bonnet now another round of debate will start cheesy)
2 medium sized onions
2 big head of fish grin
Oil for frying

Peel of the beans and rinse thoroughly. Soak overnight to get a very smooth and soft paste. It also reduces the time it takes to turn to get that fluffy texture.
Next morning

Boil the ata rodo till soft, pound.

Grind the beans with the head of fish and onions. Be very mindful of water. Akara is better thick than watery. Thick akara has solution (you can always add water to subsequent ones, watery paste has no solution, its either you eat akara pancakes or respect yourself and just turn it to moimoi cheesy)

So grind with minimal water and add water as you see fit. The paste must be very thick sha.

If you're using bouillon cubes aka maggi (optional) you might want to dissolve it in water so that it doesn't stand out in the akara.

In a smaller bowl, put just enough to fry one round, add a little water, your liquid stock, pepper and salt. Taste. It shouldn't be too salty cos the akara will even be much more saltier upon frying (I don't know how manage o).
Use your ladle aka turning stick to turn and make fluffy .
Meanwhile your oil should be in a frying pan on fire. The oil should be much in it. Lesser oil means your akara will spread no matter how thick, more oil means it will pop right up once it hits the oil. I like the oil very hot from the beginning then immediately I adjust the stove to reduce the heat so that the akara will get done to the inside. Also don't make the balls too big or else only the outer part will be done. Try to use a scooping spoon to put the batter in the oil.

Once you're done with that round, start preparing batter for another round. You can tweak for each round by adding onions, more pepper, less salt, fish etc as you see fit to each round.

Try to use a wooden spoon to flip the akara as they stick to metal. The ones ready should flip easily and makes.more.sense if the under is brown already (so you don't have to flip again)

Put in a tissue lined sieve and its ready for consumption.
thanks for this. I've never gotten my akara right.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ejika48:
Don't mind my food o. Just manage am for dz cold weather. Wheat, ugwu, stew n nnkan inu eran. @ zaynie u know na...after d sickness comes d food grin grin

This one fit belleful you?
Anyway, I guess its the sickness. I'm sure after a week, you'll be offloading buckets of food
Get well soon.
And add a lot of pepper into the vegetable, as pepper seems to have a magic cure for a lot of ailments (no go get ulcer from pepper o cheesy)

Edited: it seems I now understand your sickness. I initially thought you were male. Please no chop pepper biko. Just do your normal thing. I thought it was common cold or malaria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amicable09(f): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
tolutweety:

After tasting..

It did not sweet na. sad angry
Lol. You sure didn't taste it right cheesy

This is certified chef Amicable cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
#C4_KITCHEN

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eldav(m): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
eyinjuege:
Jollof rice I made some days ago, just saw the picture in my phone gallery, not sure if I ever posted it on here.

can you write down the steps to make exactly this type of jollof? I like the colour.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
eldav:

can you write down the steps to make exactly this type of jollof? I like the colour.

I'm really bad at describing things, and doing recipes but I will try
The secret of the taste of jollof rice is in Tatashe and mixed with one or 2 green ones with it.
I blended it with some tomatos, and atarodo pepper as you like it. And them most importantly, tin tomatos.
1. So blend your peppers, tomatos, tatashe. Boil it till all the water in it is dry. Dont let it burn o.
2. Get your pot, pour some vegetable oil (pls don't ask me for measurements, I'm so old school and just gauge my ingredients with my eyes) the day I tried to follow measurement of cococandy about making meat pie, the thing didn't exactly look nice. I was too ashamed to post it, maybe I will after this post. I'm really bad with measurements. Story for another day btw.
3. Put some bay leaves in the hot oil, and let it fry for a minute or so. Then add your chopped onions into the oil too.
4. Add your tin tomatos, and let if fry a little, then add your boiled blended pepper, then add your spices. I added my knorr seasoning (Please add enough, I don't use salt in my jollof, and just thr seasoning), thyme, curry, garlic powder, ginger powder, and even a little nutmeg powder. There's even a jollof rice spice that I use atimes, but not really necessary provided you blend your tomatoes with at least one green pepper/tatashe and the red ones (I'm weird with spices and experiment with them a lot). Please dont ask me the English names of tatashe, atarodo - Bell peppers and habanero
Never forget your tin tomatos, but you should also make sure your blended pepper has enough atarodo as you like it hot.
5. I believ you have you meat stock already (i never cook jollof without my meat stock o), so pour it into the already fried sauce, and let it fry some more.
6. Add your washed rice (I don't parboil my jollof rice, and I don't think you should), and make sure the rice and the sauce- stock water in it are on the same level , or very slightly above it- minimally above it or same level sha
7. Mix immediately with your wooden spoon, as soon as you pour the rice, so that it is well spread in the pot.
8. Cover your pot with aluminium foil before putting the proper cover over the pot.
What jollof needs to cook is the steam, and the aluminium helps provide enough steam to cook it, that's why I said th3 whole sauce should be same level as the jollof, otherwise it gets soggy. Don't mix again with spoon otherwise it will burn. Just mix once when you pour the rice.
Even if its not well cooked, just leave the aluminium foil and cover over it ( If you've turned off the fire because it's burning) the steam generated from the foil covering will cook it well .
9. Everything should be on low heat, especially when you pour in your rice. Dont want it to burn, as jollof can burn like anything.
Ready to chop... grin
Hope I've not managed to confuse you further..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
ADUKKY:

Okro for dinner, hubby prefers early dinner. He cooked the okro himself.

Oluwa o

Your husband can cook o.
It looks delicious, I want some transferred to me.
I've missed okro soup so much, I should make some

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by QuinieR(f): 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Licking my screen here ooo especially that efo riro tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ADUKKY(f): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
Wish I can transfer o, I just kept leftover in the freezer for the children. I have given up Saturday cooking to him for months now cos he takes his time once he sets his mind to cook especially Saturday.
uote author=eyinjuege post=69588179]

Oluwa o

Your husband can cook o.
It looks delicious, I want some transferred to me.
I've missed okro soup so much, I should make some [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
amicable09:

I love this challenge!

I was gonna mention you yesterday o. Skipped my mind! This looks really yummy, and it's my favourite. Hopefully you'll make Sunday rice and post tomorrow God willing. Weldone kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
eyinjuege:

This one fit belleful you?
Anyway, I guess its the sickness. I'm sure after a week, you'll be offloading buckets of food
Get well soon.
And add a lot of pepper into the vegetable, as pepper seems to have a magic cure for a lot of ailments (no go get ulcer from pepper o cheesy)

Edited: it seems I now understand your sickness. I initially thought you were male. Please no chop pepper biko. Just do your normal thing. I thought it was common cold or malaria.
lolz eyinjuege too much food na wahala! no food no gobe! if it was normal me ehn!....... d food for b ebanor! but now na as I take crave am I go cook am. but trust me it was very tasty Cox I added lots of crayfish in place of maggi. thanks for understanding! mmmmuah!!!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MissIndependent(f): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
QuinieR:

Madam work on your dry nd old face. ur bobo still look fresh buh urs is wahh tongue..
I mean it ,work on ur face
Weak punchline. grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amicable09(f): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
Yuneehk:

I was gonna mention you yesterday o. Skipped my mind! This looks really yummy, and it's my favourite. Hopefully you'll make Sunday rice and post tomorrow God willing. Weldone kiss
Hopefully! Lol

I feel proud doing this.
Thank yougrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
To share..

1. Assorted meat - Chicken, mutton, peri sasauge and pork
2. Coleslaw - red cabbage, carrats, green herbs, homemade mayonnaise
3. Garden salad
4. Hot sauce - peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos and vinegar
5. Smoked corn
6. Assorted meat pie using meats in no.1

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
FashionTrend:

1500# dear
See pictures below
I want o!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MizMyColi(f): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
zicoraads:

angry sad angry undecided

Smile biko angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
jagugu88li:
To share..

1. Assorted meat - Chicken, mutton, peri sasauge and pork
2. Coleslaw - red cabbage, carrats, green herbs, homemade mayonnaise
3. Garden salad
4. Hot sauce - peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos and vinegar
5. Smoked corn
6. Assorted meat pie using meats in no.1
1 & 2 for me please kiss
Not forgetting 5

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MizMyColi(f): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
pocohantas:

I dare not. I won't even eat sef, just water.
My wife material na 1 container!

Oshey.
Let me call my bro to submit application of the expression of the interest that is interested to marry.
grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
pocohantas:

That's what I made this morning, 3eggs...I bought it with my money grin grin
grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chrisdada16(f): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
1Sharon:
Where's Kanwulia? grin
No find trouble ohhh

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
amicable09:

I love this challenge!

Hahahaha this cracked me up. We go do thanksgiving put for church tomorrow. grin

Who can help with how do I fry groundnut to get that brown colour? E dey always burn. How do those guys that sell in bottle fry theirs? I want to buy in large quantity, fry and be eating small small at home.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by QuinieR(f): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.