Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,327 members, 7,819,118 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5758737 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ejika48:
Don't mind my food o. Just manage am for dz cold weather. Wheat, ugwu, stew n nnkan inu eran. @ zaynie u know na...after d sickness comes d food grin grin

Enjoy yasef.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Erm what are you celebrating and why was I not invited? grin
jagugu88li:
To share..

1. Assorted meat - Chicken, mutton, peri sasauge and pork
2. Coleslaw - red cabbage, carrats, green herbs, homemade mayonnaise
3. Garden salad
4. Hot sauce - peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos and vinegar
5. Smoked corn
6. Assorted meat pie using meats in no.1

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eldav(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
eyinjuege:

I'm really bad at describing things, and doing recipes but I will try
The secret of the taste of jollof rice is in Tatashe and mixed with one or 2 green ones with it.
I blended it with some tomatos, and atarodo pepper as you like it. And them most importantly, tin tomatos.
1. So blend your peppers, tomatos, tatashe. Boil it till all the water in it is dry. Dont let it burn o.
2. Get your pot, pour some vegetable oil (pls don't ask me for measurements, I'm so old school and just gauge my ingredients with my eyes) the day I tried to follow measurement of cococandy about making meat pie, the thing didn't exactly look nice. I was too ashamed to post it, maybe I will after this post. I'm really bad with measurements. Story for another day btw.
3. Put some bay leaves in the hot oil, and let it fry for a minute or so. Then add your chopped onions into the oil too.
4. Add your tin tomatos, and let if fry a little, then add your boiled blended pepper, then add your spices. I added my knorr seasoning (Please add enough, I don't use salt in my jollof, and just thr seasoning), thyme, curry, garlic powder, ginger powder, and even a little nutmeg powder. There's even a jollof rice spice that I use atimes, but not really necessary provided you blend your tomatoes with at least one green pepper/tatashe and the red ones (I'm weird with spices and experiment with them a lot). Please dont ask me the English names of tatashe, atarodo - Bell peppers and habanero
Never forget your tin tomatos, but you should also make sure your blended pepper has enough atarodo as you like it hot.
5. I believ you have you meat stock already (i never cook jollof without my meat stock o), so pour it into the already fried sauce, and let it fry some more.
6. Add your washed rice (I don't parboil my jollof rice, and I don't think you should), and make sure the rice and the sauce- stock water in it are on the same level , or very slightly above it- minimally above it or same level sha
7. Mix immediately with your wooden spoon, as soon as you pour the rice, so that it is well spread in the pot.
8. Cover your pot with aluminium foil before putting the proper cover over the pot.
What jollof needs to cook is the steam, and the aluminium helps provide enough steam to cook it, that's why I said th3 whole sauce should be same level as the jollof, otherwise it gets soggy. Don't mix again with spoon otherwise it will burn. Just mix once when you pour the rice.
Even if its not well cooked, just leave the aluminium foil and cover over it ( If you've turned off the fire because it's burning) the steam generated from the foil covering will cook it well .
9. Everything should be on low heat, especially when you pour in your rice. Dont want it to burn, as jollof can burn like anything.
Ready to chop... grin
Hope I've not managed to confuse you further..

I really appreciate your swift response. thank you very much, we learn everyday. I'm sure my Jollof will catch a new swag from now on Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
amicable09:
I did it!!!! gringringrin

My first plate of food posted here cheesy
I love this challenge!
Keeps me in the kitchen at least once a week.
Thanks to everyone for the inspiration coming from here.

Get your spoons and Enjoy the taste!

Lol
Welcome.on board.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
booqee:
thanks for this. I've never gotten my akara right.

Ya welcome.
Let me know when you try it
Or better still, send some for cross evaluation cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
Went to the market today.
Cooked 3 pots of soup and 3 pots of stew

Though my beef stew got burnt because I slept off due to fatigue.

Okro soup.
Na phone change the colour

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ogbono soup

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
cococandy:
Erm what are you celebrating and why was I not invited? grin
aaahh, forgot to invite you to join me at Ohio for #Cultivate18 I have since left your land, back to my cave wink. I love recycled meat, always takes better the next day and so....so I cook lots of it then have fresh veges or sides. Theres my neighbour too. The dude can kill for food.

cutiereborn:

1 & 2 for me please kiss
Not forgetting 5
All yours sweety.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Vegetable soup

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Chicken stew

Cooked this because of the legs

31 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Fish stew

22 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
amicable09:
I did it!!!! gringringrin

My first plate of food posted here cheesy
I love this challenge!
Keeps me in the kitchen at least once a week.
Thanks to everyone for the inspiration coming from here.

Get your spoons and Enjoy the taste!

This looks inviting
Welcome on board

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
chasers:
Since is frying period, What I fried this afternoon...

Third Photo ==Dinner - Veggie Burger and chips.

Fourth Photo === Salad.

Buen Apetito cool

Omg
Where is ours?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
jagugu88li:
To share..

3. Garden salad
5. Smoked corn

We need to start sharing addresses here
Would have rushed to your place to have a bite

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollove: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
JummieFoodie uhn JummieFoodie oooooooo hmmmmmm ...... Diaris God !
God dey, Diaris God ... For all zafood u wia shaarinh , God go answer grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
jummiefoodie:

We need to start sharing addresses here
Would have rushed to your place to have a bite
I will inform Yuugen and Mariangeles to bring you along next time. Promise you wont wear high heels undecided coz those things can be noisy.

Share the vegetable soup recipe, please. Love greens

Btw, help me ask zaynie and eyinjuege if they are publishing or what? Have you seen how long their recipes are......the size of the Holy Book grin.
Never coming back to this thread grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
Emergency lunch yesterday

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
jummiefoodie:

Omg
Where is ours?
On the way, Address please cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FashionTrend: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
Liftedhands:
I want o!!
Message on me WhatsApp dear
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
jagugu88li:
To share..

3. Garden salad
5. Smoked corn
How many hours did it take to prepare all this?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
zaynie:

Enjoy yasef.
cheesy
wink wink wink kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
BoleAndFish:
How many hours did it take to prepare all this?
1h10 all together.

1. You obviously have to defrost the meat over night. Add whatever spices and sauces then place the meats on small bakibg pans, all in over except for chicken. 30-45munites cooking time

2. Place the pie in table oven and it will also automatically turn off when done. 25-30mintes

1 and 2 are cooking themselves, whilst doing 3&4

3. Veges are all uncooked so you chop and mix. <10 munites all 3

4. Both the chicken and corn on a barbecue stand. <10munites both

Get the sasauge out anytime....I normally wait 10munites then get it out. Thats before doing no.4

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
jummiefoodie:
Chicken stew

Cooked this because of the legs
Please where's your house so that after church, somebori can come and greet the family. I'll bring Farmfresh yoghurt to wash it all down cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
BoleAndFish:
Hahahaha this cracked me up. We go do thanksgiving put for church tomorrow. grin

Who can help with how do I fry groundnut to get that brown colour? E dey always burn. How do those guys that sell in bottle fry theirs? I want to buy in large quantity, fry and be eating small small at home.
The very minute you start frying your groundnut, don't stop stirring abi na turning it. That's the reason yours gets burnt. Sit by the fire and turn it religiously while constantly checking(peeling one or two) if the colour is fine by you. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sholay2011(m): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
ADUKKY:

Okro for dinner, hubby prefers early dinner. He cooked the okro himself.
This is the okro that makes one forget his or her troubles. shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:26am On Jul 22, 2018
booqee:
it looks sweet already, if it taste better, then that must be heavenly. What is it? Egg and what?
It's egg-dodo
Thanks...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:55am On Jul 22, 2018
jagugu88li:
I will inform Yuugen and Mariangeles to bring you along next time. Promise you wont wear high heels undecided coz those things can be noisy.

Share the vegetable soup recipe, please. Love greens

Btw, help me ask zaynie and eyinjuege if they are publishing or what? Have you seen how long their recipes are......the size of the Holy Book grin.
grin grin grin
@ Jummiefoodie sorry about your burnt stew...I know how it feels embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 2:02am On Jul 22, 2018
jagugu88li:
To share..

3. Garden salad
5. Smoked corn
Speechless, Speechless, That's how you make me feel... kiss

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 5:11am On Jul 22, 2018
jagugu88li:
To share..

3. Garden salad
5. Smoked corn

You really should open a blog or at least an IG handle to post all these delicacies....kilode?! shocked

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 5:18am On Jul 22, 2018
jagugu88li:

Lol it isn't a recipe but a description grin grin grin
When I saw Eyinjuege's description, I said Toor, its not only me cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2018
Hahaha, cheesy
World people, I gave disclaimer in the beginning o.
I am really bad at doing recipes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.