Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car (15422 Views)

6 Dead,many Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Lagos [photo] / 11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by dtruth3(m): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
no try carry dat car come 9ja,,,,, well if d car is crash proof, d person inside is not kidnap preoff:p
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by logica(m): 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
stepone:

Always thinking like an Economist. They would have taking into consideration, the measures for faulty sensor; auto-replace sensors. Note that the car will not just have one sensor! On my opinion, it might have not less than 10 sensors.

Finally, always think like a scientist.
I am a scientist. And you are not. That's why you speak of "they" referring to what so called scientists have done without a clue. And that's why you think "they" can actually build a "crash-proof" car.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
I share a similar sentiment with you but you have to understand that automobile companies evolve overtime. I used to say the same thing about Volkswagen too but they've released some pretty good cars.

Porsche Cayenne and Volkswagen Toureg are some of the best SUV's ever made; thanks to Volskwagen.

I love Audi Q7, one of the baddest SUV's design wise....okay, come to think of the crown of all sedans (Bentley continental).

Volkswagen in the past few years has been acquiring several carmakers and is set to beat Toyota in the larget car maker of the world.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by toprealman: 12:28am On Dec 09, 2012
We heard something similar back in the days when titanic was due for her very first voyage. What happened afterwards?
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:22am On Dec 09, 2012
The summary of what I've learnt overtime programming and trying to design error free systems and software is summarized below

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams, author (1952-2001).

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by OtisKhaliba(m): 1:33am On Dec 09, 2012
End tym cry[/color][color=#000000]
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by oniwo(m): 3:31am On Dec 09, 2012
If another car jam am nko
Eno go spoil grin grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 09, 2012
shagarri: "Hello Driver, your Volvo network has been hijacked. You are now being ferried to the Lagos Lagoon. Say your last prayers"

Nigerians , worlds most negative prople. Tufia
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by kcbaba0071(m): 8:36am On Dec 09, 2012
taharqa: The future wud be very exciting and 'strange'....

strange? very true, my grandfada in d grave, if eventually he comes bak to his house, he sees phones & computers he'll get lost
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by tomiedatlo: 8:39am On Dec 09, 2012
logica: Right. As if the sensors cannot become faulty.
Lolz d car no fit work for 9ja o
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Ezegozie(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2012
webaplanet: Volvo develops the 'no death' car: Vehicles which drive themselves and are totally crashproof could be on British roads in eight years

Vehicle will be fitted with sensors that can detect potential collisions and take action

Firm claims 'nobody will be killed or injured in a new Volvo by 2020'

Car giant Volvo is developing 'no death' cars that drive themselves and are impossible to crash – ready for launch in showrooms within eight years.

The computerised vehicles will be fitted with high-tech sensors and will 'refuse to be steered' into other objects.

Volvo says they will be on sale to customers by 2020, but that some of the life-saving technology will be incorporated into its vehicles even

earlier – from 2014 – it says

read more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2242930/The-crashproof-car-Volvo-say-British-roads-years.html

http://

there is what i dont understand.
(1) "i read something like vehicles that will drive themselves" can someone explain that to me? Does it mean if i want to travel to my village from lagos and i am fortunate or will i say unfortunate to go with this suicidal volvo vehicle, i will just lie down on the seat and start sleeping only to wake up in my father's compound in the village? Somebody please explain.
(2)"i also read somthing that it is crash proof" does it mean that it can neither jamm nor be jammed by another vehicle, or does it mean when those vehicles hit it, it will remain as if nothing happened to it? Please i need someone that understand this thing to just explain it further

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Ezegozie(m): 9:11am On Dec 09, 2012
webaplanet: Volvo develops the 'no death' car: Vehicles which drive themselves and are totally crashproof could be on British roads in eight years

Vehicle will be fitted with sensors that can detect potential collisions and take action

Firm claims 'nobody will be killed or injured in a new Volvo by 2020'

Car giant Volvo is developing 'no death' cars that drive themselves and are impossible to crash – ready for launch in showrooms within eight years.

The computerised vehicles will be fitted with high-tech sensors and will 'refuse to be steered' into other objects.

Volvo says they will be on sale to customers by 2020, but that some of the life-saving technology will be incorporated into its vehicles even

earlier – from 2014 – it says

read more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2242930/The-crashproof-car-Volvo-say-British-roads-years.html

http://
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by rainmaker12(m): 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
Where its gona work perfectly, is wen all autos on d road r sensor built. I tell u,....NO MORE 'U DON BASH MY CAR'.... 'DINT U SEE MY TRAFFICATOR'..... etc
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by VolvoS60(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2012
Volvo. . . building on its heritage.

Long may such ideas continue to bloom. And roll/turn. . . grin
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Xionez(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hope it has a way one can deactivate it especially those trying times when one wants to muscle his/her way out of traffic jam. Bumper to Bumper style grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by kobenol(m): 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2012
stepone:

Always thinking like an Economist. They would have taking into consideration, the measures for faulty sensor; auto-replace sensors. Note that the car will not just have one sensor! On my opinion, it might have not less than 10 sensors.

Finally, always think like a scientist.
Friend, heard of Murphy's law? If someth cud fail, then it's gon' fail
NOTHING's failsafe
...scintifically speaking
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by phabouluz(m): 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
shagarri: "Hello Driver, your Volvo network has been hijacked. You are now being ferried to the Lagos Lagoon. Say your last prayers"
. Lmao
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Amack(m): 6:30am On Dec 10, 2012
No be for nijja. This kind car go work.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by bodcash: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
Wat to hear next is..."Hello Driver, your Volvo network has been hijacked"...as if the sensors can't be faulty
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by rainmaker12(m): 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
Wat if 2 crash proof cars com get accident....like play like play.... Who go pay for damages? Owner wey no drive am or pple wey do d motor?........hehehe.......

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 09, 2013
logica: Right. As if the sensors cannot become faulty.

at least you'll be alive in the car as long as the sensors are working. Maintain your car

::Andrew:::
It it cant hit danfo, danfo will hit it.

no be small! grin
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by ulol: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2014
Do you own a VOLVO or plan to purchase one ....introducing EMMIEL RESOURCES LIMITED your one stop shop for any and everything VOLVO. We are experts in Sales , Maintenance and Provision of genuine parts for all types of Volvo Cars in Nigeria. We provide relevant and up to date information and also educate you about your volvo,you can follow us on twitter @emmielvolvong and/or like us on facebook www.facebook.com/emmielvolvong you wont regret it .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Understanding your car's Check Engine light / After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.