Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device (5165 Views)

Windows Phone 8 Users Review. / Would You Buy Nokia Lumia 620? / Nokia Lumia 620 (affodable Windows Phone 8 For Youths) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2012

Nokia announced a surprise new Windows Phone 8 member at LeWeb 2012 in Paris today -- the Lumia 620. The entry-level handset has a 3.8-inch TFT screen at WVGA resolution (800 x 480), a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, half a gig of RAM and 8GB of internal storage, expandable by microSD (up to 64GB cards supported). A 5-megapixel shooter with LED flash capable of recording 720p video occupies the back, while a VGA camera is up front for those self-portraits. Connectivity-wise, you'll get online via WiFi or WCDMA 3G, with NFC and Bluetooth 3.0 taking care of all your sharing and pairing. "Dual-shot color" interchangeable shells mean you'll be able to personalize your handset beyond switching up the Live Tile layout, and they also keep the 1,300mAh battery under wraps. Excluding taxes and subsidies, the new Lumia will cost $249 dollars when it begins shipping in January next year, first in Asia, then expanding to Europe, the Middle East and other territories later. If you're looking for a Windows Phone 8 handset but don't need the best specs out there, perhaps this is your guy -- the wallet-friendly Lumia 610 generally impressed us, so we've got a feeling this might, too.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/05/nokia-lumia-620/
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Some gorgeous budget beauty at just $249 smiley. . . .
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
Double Post
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ochukoccna: 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Roughly 40Gs
Hmnn
Sweet deal for Nokiaphiles.
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
ochukoccna: Roughly 40Gs
Hmnn
Sweet deal for Nokiaphiles.

It's a good thing wink
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by kevinokereh(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
you call that cheap?
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
kevinokereh: you call that cheap?

A captivating device with such capability at that prize level can legally be classified as cheap
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ThaProf: 2:01am On Mar 02, 2013
From your post on some threads, I think you've got good knowledge of WP8. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. Pls reply, cheers!

jmaine: Some gorgeous budget beauty at just $249 smiley. . . .
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by tonydion: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2013
[/color][color=#000099]please how can I get d lumia 620 phone cool
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ThaProf: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2013
You can always walk into any Nokia accredited shop. Or buy online at jumia.com and pay on delivery. But what's most important is that you get it from where you can freely state your warranty claims should incase faults arise. Enjoy grin

tonydion: [/color][color=#000099]please how can I get d lumia 620 phone cool

I think I'll wait for the lunch of Lumia 520 and Huawei 4Afrika to make my choice. That's my price range, can't afford the 40k+ phones. smiley
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by Frenchkiss(m): 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ 40k with 512mb RAM? They should have done better. other specs are great though.
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ThaProf: 12:33am On Mar 03, 2013
Reports say Lumia 520 would be priced between ₦27.000 - ₦30,000

Frenchkiss: @ 40k with 512mb RAM? They should have done better. other specs are great though.
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 6:46am On Mar 03, 2013
ThaProf: From your post on some threads, I think you've got good knowledge of WP8. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. Pls reply, cheers!

Please feel free to ask, no qualms . . .
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 6:52am On Mar 03, 2013
Frenchkiss: @ 40k with 512mb RAM? They should have done better. other specs are great though.

512MB RAM on windows phone works perfectly well . .the OS is highly optimized. .

The above is a known and tested fact . . .

Besides, the phone retails for 39k presently in the market
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by beehighdee(m): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2013
jmaine:

512MB RAM on windows phone works perfectly well . .the OS is highly optimized. .

The above is a known and tested fact . . .

Besides, the phone retails for 39k presently in the market
is it in Nigeria market nao....?
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2013
beehighdee:
is it in Nigeria market nao....?

Yes, very much in Nigeria . . .
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ThaProf: 10:31am On Mar 03, 2013
jmaine:

Please feel free to ask, no qualms . . .

Thanks for your reply. I've been using BBs for a while now and I'm really bored of the phone. I want to get a new smartphone and I love the WP8 interface.

But I've gone to some Android threads and the way they glorify Android and condemn the WP scares me. They start with the lack of apps and games etc. I'd love you to kindly sell me the WP. Tell me about it in general and the things it can do.

Then to particular phone to get, I love the specs of the Lumia 620 you put here sadly there's no Gorilla glass and I've heard about the release of Lumia 520 soon which has a 4" scratch resistant screen which is a good catch but it lacks LED and NFC. The Huawei 4Afrika(Ascend W1) seem to pack every feature and would be cheaper, but I don't think Huawei build can come near the Nokia.

I've been saving a while for this phone, so I'd like it to be one is one i.e the best choice of the 3 which I could use for say a year or 2 without it being dated.

Thanks a lot, anticipating a kind reply.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sorry my response is coming a bit late . .been too busy lately smiley . .So let's begin . . .

ThaProf:

But I've gone to some Android threads and the way they glorify Android and condemn the WP scares me.

The android crowd often feel anything other than andriod is a sin, they are just been overtly emotional over their beloved OS . .

It's a renowned trait of the Fandriods grin

ThaProf:

They start with the lack of apps and games etc.

The number of apps is often given as an excuse to deduct some points from the WP ecosystem when compared to the competition; though they have a point, it's often exaggerated.

Most major apps are catered for in the WP ecosystem, with the advent of the WP8 OS stimulating a geometric interest in developers who see huge promise in the potential of the Windows phone 8 - windows 8 synergy .. . .The horizon is looking very bright . . .

recently, there has been rumors about the berthing of instagram, pandora and other core missing apps on WP8 platform. . . courtesy tweets emanating from Joe Belfiore, who heads up the Windows Phone team

On the gaming front, it has been a bit slow but there have been major announcement of upcoming popular games titles to address this issue . .Gameloft recently announced a raft of games expected this march.
They include : -

The Amazing Spiderman
Asphalt 7: Heat
NOVA – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
The Dark Knight Rises
Order & Chaos
Kingdoms & Lords
UN & Friends
Ice Age – The municipal
Real Football 2013
Six-Guns
Shark Dash
Modern Combat 4

with a lil more push, the gaming side of things will be rectified pretty soon . . .

ThaProf:

Tell me about it in general and the things it can do.

The simplicity, ease and aesthetic UI of the WP is arguably unparalleled, though the IOS rates very high on that front as well . . .

The social networking integration of the OS via the peoples hub is awesome .A concept the BB10 borrowed and renamed it as hub grin . . .

It's also pertinent to highlight that the OS lacks some basic stuff we often take for granted in other devices, but this lil deficiency is negligible when the overall user experience is taking into consideration . . .

ThaProf:

Then to particular phone to get, I love the specs of the Lumia 620 you put here sadly there's no Gorilla glass and I've heard about the release of Lumia 520 soon which has a 4" scratch resistant screen which is a good catch but it lacks LED and NFC. The Huawei 4Afrika(Ascend W1) seem to pack every feature and would be cheaper, but I don't think Huawei build can come near the Nokia.

Well in the place of lack of a Gorilla glass, Nokia hinted they used their variant of scratch - proof glass.Though This doesn't inspire confidence like the Gorrila glass would smiley . .

The 520 looks awesome in terms of pricing & screen size wise, if you can wait a lil while for the launch, i did say you go for that

The Huawei with all it's goodies doesn't interest me much, maybe cos am suspicious of it's build quality and the awesome support of Nokia renders to their Lumia line . . .

The goodies of Nokia exclusives on the windows phone is too awesome to ignore grin

ThaProf:

I've been saving a while for this phone, so I'd like it to be one is one i.e the best choice of the 3 which I could use for say a year or 2 without it being dated.

Thanks a lot, anticipating a kind reply.

With respect to cost and general aesthetic value . .the 520 takes it for me if patience is part of your equation . .

Am personally waiting on the Lumia 720 . . .it ticks many boxes for me

WP8 + Windows 8 will go places . . . .The momentum is just building . .Go Windows Phone 8 and you won't regret it cool . . .

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by Hotdiamond(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=jmaine][/quote] nice response
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by Francheezy(m): 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hotdiamond: nice response
tnks man
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
Francheezy:
tnks man

undecided
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by Francheezy(m): 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
jmaine:

undecided
lmfa0...nice resp0nsE
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by Hotdiamond(m): 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
Windows phone is the most slick, the most user friendly i just love the intuitive UI . the fact remains . The moment windows phone gets Hold of major APPS AND MAJOR GAMES. then you'll know the number of people eyeing windows phone os. That moment is not too far ahead from now.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ThaProf: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
jmaine: Sorry my response is coming a bit late . .been too busy lately smiley . .So let's begin . . .

WP8 + Windows 8 will go places . . . .The momentum is just building . .Go Windows Phone 8 and you won't regret it cool . . .

In fact, you've sold me the phone bro. Need not to say, a great response.

I'll wait for the Lumia 520, I think I love everything about the phone.

Thanks for your time, I'm grateful.
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ThaProf: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
jmaine:

undecided

What's Joe Belflore's Twitter handle?
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
ThaProf:

What's Joe Belflore's Twitter handle?

https://twitter.com/joebelfiore
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ThaProf: 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
jmaine:

https://twitter.com/joebelfiore

Hello mate, is it possible to use BIS data on a WP8?
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by jmaine: 11:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
ThaProf:

Hello mate, is it possible to use BIS data on a WP8?

Airtel BIS, Yes . . . .
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by Thevenine(m): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2013
check out my thread for the full specs of the latest and cheapest WP8 phone: Nokia Lumia 520. https://www.nairaland.com/1212588/nokia-lumia-520-most-affordable
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by Superclem(m): 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
ThaProf:

In fact, you've sold me the phone bro. Need not to say, a great response.

I'll wait for the Lumia 520, I think I love everything about the phone.

Thanks for your time, I'm grateful.

have you bought your 520 yet?
Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Announced = Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Device by ministerblessed: 11:03am On Jun 09, 2013
If ur to advice or recommend,wch of d models wud u suggest for me......dnt forget to include d price. ThankS

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Built This Dont Leave Me Challenge Game (check It Out) / Google Pixel 3 Or An Iphone X / Second-hand Phones in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.