Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Does God Create Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Create Evil? (1518 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Did God Create Evil - Does The Bible Say So? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 07, 2012
I was reading the book of isaiah chapter 45 this morning when i stumbled on this scripture...I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things(Is 45:7). I decided to get the NIV version to get a clearer understanding...I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things... Pls does God creates evil/disaster? I need an explanation from a matured believer pls.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by AtheistD(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2012
Bidam: I was reading the book of isaiah chapter 45 this morning when i stumbled on this scripture...I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things(Is 45:7). I decided to get the NIV version to get a clearer understanding...I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things... Pls does God creates evil/disaster? I need an explanation from a matured believer pls.

We are debating this now. If God did then why? For what purpose?
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
Atheist:-D:

We are debating this now. If God did then why? For what purpose?
my thots took me back to the book of genesis when God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of eden and planted in the middle the tree of Life and the tree of the knowlegde of good and evil.(gen2:9). D lord gave Adam a command not to eat form the tree(gen2:16). Now came the serpent(evil), who beguiled eve to eat(gen3:4). She ate it and gave her husband and the rest they say is history...i believe man has two nature after the fall..good and evil..God is not evil..but He understood good and evil..remember He creates light out of darkness(nothiness/emptiness).Since He knows d end from the beginning i believe He knows Adam will not fufill His purpose of creation..hence d second Adam came(Christ)..SIN is SATAN IN NATURE..The adamic nature is sinful..for all have sinned...while in Christ we have redemption even the forgiveness of sin.sin is evil..but God is Holy.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Joagbaje(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
Disassasters can be Gods judgement. But on a second thought , some writers of the bible or prophets speak according to their own revelation of truth.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by AtheistD(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
So God did create evil.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 08, 2012
So God did create evil.
No. Evil came out of Good.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 08, 2012
Bidam: I was reading the book of isaiah chapter 45 this morning when i stumbled on this scripture...I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things(Is 45:7). I decided to get the NIV version to get a clearer understanding...I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things... Pls does God creates evil/disaster? I need an explanation from a matured believer pls.
GOD DEALS IN BALANCE. HE CREATED BOTH GOOD AND EVIL TO BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 08, 2012
obadiah777: GOD DEALS IN BALANCE. HE CREATED BOTH GOOD AND EVIL TO BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT
Scripture and verse pls?
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bidam: Scripture and verse pls?

AMOS 3 VS 6 shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

LAMENTATIONS 3 VS 38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good ?

PROVERBS 16 VS 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil

COLOSIANS 1 VS 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

PROVERBS 11 VS 1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight. <<<< JUST BALANCE OF GOOD AND EVIL

SIRACH 33 VS 15 Good is set against evil, and life against death: so also is the sinner against a just man. And so look upon all the works of the most High. Two and two, and one against another <<< GOOD AGAINST EVIL TO BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT IS HOW THE LORD MADE THE WORLD. A JUST BALANCE.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
obadiah777:

AMOS 3 VS 6 shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

LAMENTATIONS 3 VS 38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good ?

PROVERBS 16 VS 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil

COLOSIANS 1 VS 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

PROVERBS 11 VS 1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight. <<<< JUST BALANCE OF GOOD AND EVIL

SIRACH 33 VS 15 Good is set against evil, and life against death: so also is the sinner against a just man. And so look upon all the works of the most High. Two and two, and one against another <<< GOOD AGAINST EVIL TO BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT IS HOW THE LORD MADE THE WORLD. A JUST BALANCE.
U mean we can't overcome evil with Good?
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bidam: U mean we can't overcome evil with Good?
NO. ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT 'WORKS'
Re: Does God Create Evil? by sylve11: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
@ obidiah, I kinda agree with u, but on the other hand won't it be nice if God made only good so humanity don't endure the hardship, stress and sin we are living in today? Why the balance thing? cool
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
sylve11: @ obidiah, I kinda agree with u, but on the other hand won't it be nice if God made only good so humanity don't endure the hardship, stress and sin we are living in today? Why the balance thing? cool
HELLO SYLVE11. THIS IS AN ANSWER I GAVE FOR A PRIOR QUESTION BUT I THINK IT APPLIES

WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL ? TO COUNTERBALANCE THE EVIL INITIATED BY MAN AS A RESULT OF HIS FREEWILL TO CHOOSE BOTH GOD OR EVIL. THEN YOU MAY SAY>>>>WHY GIVE US FREEWILL AT ALL <<<<NOW THAT WOULD BE A BRILLIANT QUESTION TO ASK. WHEN YOU GET TO THAT LEVEL OF QUESTIONING IS WHEN YOU KNOW GOD IS WORKING WITH YOU. AND THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION IS THAT GOD WANTS TO PUT PEOPLE WHO WILL WORSHIP HIM WILLINGLY WHEN THEY HAVE FREEWILL, IN CHARGE OF HIS WORLD PERMANENTLY. HE WANTS TO GIVE THEM THE WORLD. ITS AN ELECTION PROCESS AND YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS YOUR VOTES. IN THIS WORLD TODAY, YOUR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS YOUR VOTE. YOUR VOTE IS DETERMINED BY HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE OR HOW MANY BUTTS YOU CAN KISS. IN THE WORLD AFTER, YOUR VOTES WILL BE YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS AND WILLINGNESS TO SERVE GOD WHEN YOU HAVE THE FREEWILL TO ALSO SERVE SATAN.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by bigmaut: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
Rubbish logic if he create evil to balance good then thier must be evil in heaven too.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
bigmaut: Rubbish logic if he create evil to balance good then thier must be evil in heaven too.
YES THERE IS MORE EVIL IN HEAVEN(USA) smiley
Re: Does God Create Evil? by sylve11: 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
obadiah777: YES THERE IS MORE EVIL IN HEAVEN(USA) smiley

Lol

Obidiah on a serious note, can we chat somewhere else, I gat many questions for u. cool
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
sylve11:

Lol

Obidiah on a serious note, can we chat somewhere else, I gat many questions for u. cool
SURE WHY NOT. WHAT MEDIUM DO YOU HAVE IN MIND ?
Re: Does God Create Evil? by UyiIredia(m): 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
Indeed God created evil.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by okeyxyz(m): 1:34am On Dec 09, 2012
@obadiah777 has dealt with this issue the most better. Yes, god creates evil, but not to balance good but to reserve it for evil people and for the vindication of good people.

1 Like

Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 09, 2012
okeyxyz: @obadiah777 has dealt with this issue the most better. Yes, god creates evil, but not to balance good but to reserve it for evil people and for the vindication of good people.

Fail.

God created evil people too sad
Re: Does God Create Evil? by AtheistD(m): 9:04am On Dec 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fail.

wink

I like obadiah. He keeps confusing himself and tripping over his own lies.

@obadiah.. is any of this in the scripture?

1 Like

Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2012
okeyxyz: @obadiah777 has dealt with this issue the most better. Yes, god creates evil, but not to balance good but to reserve it for evil people and for the vindication of good people.
INDEED BROTHER

2 ESDRAS 16 VS 19 Behold, famine and plague, tribulation and anguish, are sent as scourges for amendment. <<< EVIL RESERVED FOR EVIL PEOPLE TO CORRECT THEM
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fail.

GOD CREATED PEOPLE. THEY CHOSE TO BE EVIL. YOU DO ERR BROTHER LOGICBOY. IN FACT WE NEED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME TO ILLOGICBOY grin

JAMES 1 VS 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: <<<<< GOD DID NOT CREATE EVIL PEOPLE. THEY CHOSE THAT PATH
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2012

wink

YOU WISH I WAS CONFUSING AND TRIPPING OVER MYSELF grin grin grin I STAND TALL IN THESE HERE SCRIPTURES. EVERYTHING I SAY IS BIBLICAL. I DONT USE MY OWN VAIN OPINIONS. I DID THAT WHEN I STARTED THIS JOURNEY. BUT I AM AT A POINT WHERE I CAN BUILD ANY SCENARIO BASED ON PRECEPTS UPON PRECEPTS FROM THE BIBLE. THOSE DAYS OF ME USING VAIN OPINIONS ENDED ABOUT A YEAR AGO. I CAN PROVE ANY STATEMENT I MAKE WITH SCRIPTURES BRAH grin WHAT DO YOUU NEED ME TO PROVE ?
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 09, 2012

wink

Weed and the bible dont mix grin
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2012
obadiah777: GOD CREATED PEOPLE. THEY CHOSE TO BE EVIL. YOU DO ERR BROTHER LOGICBOY. IN FACT WE NEED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME TO ILLOGICBOY grin

JAMES 1 VS 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: <<<<< GOD DID NOT CREATE EVIL PEOPLE. THEY CHOSE THAT PATH

God created evil. In short, he created and still creates evil people.
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Weed and the bible dont mix grin
SCRIPTURE DO SAY THE LORD CREATED ALL THE ,ERBS FOR OUR ENJOYMENT *PUFF PUFF PASS* grin
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

God created evil. In short, he created and still creates evil people.
YOU DO ERR. STAY AWAY FROM THAT SPECIAL BREW. HE CREATED EVIL TO COUNTERACT THE CHOICE OF PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE EVIL INSTEAD OF GOOD AS A RESULT OF THEIR FREEWILL. YOU NEED TO STOP DRINKING TENNENTS AND SPECIAL BREW grin
Re: Does God Create Evil? by ijawkid(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2012
obadiah777: SCRIPTURE DO SAY THE LORD CREATED ALL THE ,ERBS FOR OUR ENJOYMENT *PUFF PUFF PASS* grin

Lol...........

1 Like

Re: Does God Create Evil? by sylve11: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2012
obadiah777: SURE WHY NOT. WHAT MEDIUM DO YOU HAVE IN MIND ?

bb pinging things. cool
Re: Does God Create Evil? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 09, 2012
sylve11:

bb pinging things. cool
I AINT GOT NO BB LOL. MAYBE MESSENGER ?

IS THERE LIKE A PM FEATURE ON NAIRALAND ? I HAVE GOTTEN THIS MESSAGE ' YOU HAVE 1 NEW NAIRALAND PM. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT NOW' <<< I GET THIS AND I DONT GET THE MESSAGES. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM ?
Re: Does God Create Evil? by sylve11: 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2012
obadiah777: I AINT GOT NO BB LOL. MAYBE MESSENGER ?

IS THERE LIKE A PM FEATURE ON NAIRALAND ? I HAVE GOTTEN THIS MESSAGE ' YOU HAVE 1 NEW NAIRALAND PM. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT NOW' <<< I GET THIS AND I DONT GET THE MESSAGES. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM ?

Yes, there is a feature like that on nairaland. I pm'd u. Just check ur email u used in registering ur nairaland account. What about whatsapp or 2go? If u don't have then sample ur email I'd let add u. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Avoid Sleeping In The Church ( ? ) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Choir Members Hindering Church Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.