Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? (20445 Views)

Breaking News: Nigerian Army Denies Having Buhari's Credential, Releases Stateme / The Problem With Having Kwankwaso In Apc- House Rep Kawu / What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by OracleHex(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hello NL, this is my first tread on this forum and I'd like to know what is wrong with having Buhari as the president of
this nation?
OR
Do we prefer to wallow in this clueless administration
for a life time??

I am a Nigerian and igbo, if the Moses of this country would come from the North what is wrong with that?
All we hear is GEJ spending Billions of naira on foreign
trips or his Wife blocking the roads and airport as id she
is the country’s constitutional CO-PRESIDENT.
Please keep your racism to yourself and think wisely.
If Buhari is the problem of the nation,why hasn’t GEJ acted as the commander in chief?

17 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by BeraBera(f): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
Everything is wrong with it.

18 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
BeraBera: Everything is wrong with it.

No dear, everything is wrong with you! tongue tongue

62 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Elueme: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
@OP, everything is wrong with it including you for ever imagining this obscenity. If you think what makes a good leader is fanatism and stereotypism then Osama Bin Laden would have as well been the Saudi king. God forbid that such a bad news be a local govt chairman not to talk of the president of a secular and difficult country like nigeria which requires tact, gentility but strong will to rule. It is not about being sentimental or an apologist as some may think but Buhari cannot rule a plurialistic country like ours

22 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
Elueme: @OP, everything is wrong with it including you for ever imagining this obscenity. If you think what makes a good leader is fanatism and stereotypism then Osama Bin Laden would have as well been the Saudi king. God forbid that such a bad news be a local govt chairman not to talk of the president of a secular and difficult country like nigeria which requires tact, gentility but strong will to rule. It is not about being sentimental or an apologist as some may think but Buhari cannot rule a plurialistic country like ours

Buhari is islamist yet Nigeria didn't join the Islamic nations' clique under him?

Buhari is wants to islamize Nigeria yet when he had totalitarian power, he did not islamize Nigeria?

Buhari is an illiterate yet he managed our economy leaving no debt behind. But the PHD holder is making us owe $41billion?

Ignorance is one of our problems in Nigeria. If we can get ignorance out of our country, corruption will follow it out!!

I have said it on my other thread and will say it again. SS/SE vote won't count in 2015 if they decide to vote for PDP again..

SS/SE vote can't beat that of SW/North that will overwhelmingly vote for buhari!

68 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
Elueme: @OP, everything is wrong with it including you for ever imagining this obscenity. If you think what makes a good leader is fanatism and stereotypism then Osama Bin Laden would have as well been the Saudi king. God forbid that such a bad news be a local govt chairman not to talk of the president of a secular and difficult country like nigeria which requires tact, gentility but strong will to rule. It is not about being sentimental or an apologist as some may think but Buhari cannot rule a plurialistic country like ours
I prefer a fanatic buhari than a clueless Jonathan.

50 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by hubreality(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
@poster, if you like be the newest guest in NL and from late Ojukwu's family in Igboland. You guys can go on starting multiple threads why he must become the president of Nigeria by force, remember, this is democracy, and not coup plotting. People don't want him for obvious reasons...don't ask me what reasons because people have aired it here for over 1million times. Advise him to drop the power desperation, we are not in dark ages though pdp have failed. He's not the only supposed good one in the north.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
hubreality: @poster, if you like be the newest guest in NL and from late Ojukwu's family in Igboland. You guys can go on starting multiple threads why he must become the president of Nigeria by force, remember, this democracy and not coup. People don't want him for obvious reasons...don't ask me what reasons because people have aired it here for over 1million times. Advice him to drop the power desperation, we not in dark ages though pdp have failed. He's not the only supposed good one in the north.

Which people aired? Haters like you? Lmao!!

What pisses me off is South easterners coming here to say represent "people" you don't even represent South East loooll!!! Hahahaha You represent you invalid vote.

In the West, we will vote for Buhari and North will vote for him overwhelmingly.. Loooll and where will that leave the SE "we hate Buhari"? Your vote will not matter..

Lool!! Anyone who vote PDP in 2015, is a biiig foool and an ignorant piece of shiiiit

22 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
hubreality: @poster, if you like be the newest guest in NL and from late Ojukwu's family in Igboland. You guys can go on starting multiple threads why he must become the president of Nigeria by force, remember, this is democracy, and not coup plotting. People don't want him for obvious reasons...don't ask me what reasons because people have aired it here for over 1million times. Advise him to drop the power desperation, we are not in dark ages though pdp have failed. He's not the only supposed good one in the north.
Lol....100,000 likes

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
Some persons have painted a picture of of paradise on earth when Buhari ruled this country between 1983 to 1985. For those who didn't witness that period, the article below summarizes what happened in that period.
Muhammad Buhari , Muhammad also spelled Muhammadu (born Dec. 17, 1942, Daura, Nigeria), Nigerian military leader and politician, who served as head of state (1984–85).
Educated largely in Katsina , Buhari took military training in Kaduna as well as in Great Britain, India, and the United States. He was INVOLVED in the military coup that ousted Yakubu Gowon in 1975 and was appointed military governor of North Eastern state (now Borno ) that same year. He WAS APPOINTED federal commissioner for petroleum resources BY Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo , who became military head of state when Gowon’s successor, Murtala Mohammed, was assassinated in 1976. By 1977 Buhari had become the military secretary at Supreme Military Headquarters, which was the seat of government. By September 1979 he had returned to regular army duties and commanded a division based in Kaduna. Although elected government had returned to Nigeria in 1979, dissatisfaction with what the military perceived as corrupt politicians led to another military coup on Dec. 31, 1983, and Buhari was chosen unanimously to be the new head of state.
INSURMOUNTABLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of EXPANDING FOREIGN DEPT. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused SEVERE HARDSHIP to the average Nigerian. In addition, POLITICAL CORRUPTION CONTINUED unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to STOP DISSENSION, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists.
By August 1985 even the military had had enough,and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari
Only FOOLS will be deceived!!

20 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by hubreality(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
0lumide:

What pisses me off is South easterners coming here to say represent "people" you don't even represent South East loooll!!! Hahahaha You represent you invalid vote.

In the West, we will vote for Buhari and North will vote for him overwhelmingly.. Loooll and where will that leave the SE "we hate Buhari"? Your vote will not matter..

Lool!! Anyone who vote PDP in 2015, is a biiig foool and an ignorant piece of shiiiit
Wait a minute, are you the west? There's nothing wrong with your dreams...lol.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by jmaine: 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
0lumide:

Which of the west will vote Buhari . . . . This dude is a very good dreamer . . . .grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by bknight: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
Sincere 9gerian, sorry but ur article isn't quite it. Majority of us who had our fears abt buhari being president is largely because of his extremism and not corruption during his regime. You may be against him but give him deserved credit in managing d nigerian economy & corruption in his days.

14 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
bknight: Sincere 9gerian, sorry but ur article isn't quite it. Majority of us who had our fears abt buhari being president is largely because of his extremism and not corruption during his regime. You may be against him but give him deserved credit in managing d nigerian economy & corruption in his days.
That was not my article. That report is from Brittanica, an online encyclopedia containing thousands of articles and biographies. Follow the link and it will give you details of the biography of Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Malawian(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
moses is a jew who practiced abrahamic religion, not some precipitate leader of some ''holy book'' clutching roscoes. if i hear your mouth say you be igbo again eeh. mmsheeeeeew.
OracleHex: Hello NL, this is my first tread on this forum and I'd like to know what is wrong with having Buhari as the president of
this nation?[b][/b]
OR
for a life time??

I am a Nigerian and igbo, if the Moses of this country would come from the North what is wrong with that?
If Buhari is the problem of the nation,why hasn’t GEJ acted as the commander of chief?? angryHello NL, this is my first tread on this forum and I'd like to know what is wrong with having Buhari as the president of
this nation?
OR
for a life time??

If Buhari is the problem of the nation,why hasn’t GEJ acted as the commander of chief??

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by ASSlimm: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2012
D sad truth is, PDP all tru d yrs hav neva found anytin negative 2pin 2d General nd dey den turned 2play d sentimental card of religion, fanaticism nd tribe against him nd its so sad dat d blind followers in d south east nd 2 a certain extent d south west hav blindly nd ignorantly believed d PDP.

General Buhari is d man 2take Nigeria 2d promised land just like Moses, he's been tried, tested nd trusted. Until d masses nationwide can begin 2rational in dia tinkin, Nigeria aint goin nowhere

10 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Malawian(m): 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
A.S Slimm:
D sad truth is, PDP all tru d yrs hav neva found anytin negative 2pin 2d General nd dey den turned 2play d sentimental card of religion, fanaticism nd tribe against him nd its so sad dat d blind followers in d south east nd 2 a certain extent d south west hav blindly nd ignorantly believed d PDP.

General Buhari is d man 2take Nigeria 2d promised land just like Moses, he's been tried, tested nd trusted. Until d masses nationwide can begin 2rational in dia tinkin, Nigeria aint goin nowhere
general buhari enacted a degree and applied it retroactively to jail irabo and co because he could not stomach a free press. let buhari rule your afghanistan up north. yes religion is important as islam cant be always popping up at the top where christians are also involved. what will buhari do for the country? nothing other than to troll for 8 years. how come these guys never die out sef? when will we be the leaders of tommorrow?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by lacasa: 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
Haters say he's a relgious bigot yet his over 10year personal driver and Cook are Christians cool

Haters say he wants to Islamize Nigeria Yet he invited a PASTOR to be his Vice-presidential running mate cool

Haters say he is BokoHaram yet all the politicians arrested and charged wt boko-haram links are all PDP chiefs cool

Haters say he vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable yet it was Lawal Keita another PDP chieftain who said ​ so​ and NOT the CPC nor General Buhari

......Gen Buhari is Corruption free, full of Integrity, and Nigeria's Moses.

PDP and her sycophants must be defeated in 2015.. cool

33 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by ASSlimm: 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
I laugh wen ppl abuse d north esp southerners, jus com 2d north nd spend a week nd u'll c hw ur igbo brothers hav filled everywhere, even in maiduguri u'll c d same Biafran gog nd maggogs everywere selling motor spare parts, in Kano a whole market was given 2d igbos just cus of hw dey hav over crowded nd over populated d state. Com 2 ABU zaria nd c ur southern hustling 4admission lyk its do or die, check d skul nd u'll c hw many of ur southern brothers r there.
U southerners r all suffering 4rm post colonial syndrome, inferiority complex 2d white man who keeps exploiting u, infact ur most celebrated politicians Azikiwe nd Ekweme wud hav neva smelled d Ceremonial presidency nd Vice Presidency if not 4 D northerners Sardauna nd Shagari.
Abuse d Great General Buhari all u want all d politicians in ur regions can't b compared 2half d man he is. A man who stood up2 IMF nd World Bank a man who under his supervision 2 Refineries were built, in 15 months nigeria became one of f most disciplined countries in d world, if u tink u wnt suffer b4 progress nd b successful den tink twice, read d Chinese history nd c hw Mao made d chinese suffer inorder 2b disciplined.
If not Buhari den maybe Fashola or Ribadu but apart 4rm dis3 non can handle Nigeria. GEJ is d worst, most incompetent fisherman president eva.

28 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2012
Nigeria is definitely in trouble. I doubt we will ever be ready for progress.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by mikevox: 12:01am On Dec 08, 2012
For Photoshoots, Videoshoots and Graphic Designs Contact The VOX Studios: Tel: 08166213621 BB pin: 290809A2 or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/voxmediagroup
Thanks.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Series22(m): 12:07am On Dec 08, 2012
U can stil make ur point without telling us that u r 'igbo'. 4 ur information, anyone can claim he's igbo.
As 4 me, i'm Greek.. Mtchew

13 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 08, 2012
Buhari is a veritable den of satanic wickednes and diabolical cruelty,heathnism,barbarity,scrupulus,callous,islamist,demon,imp and detestable enormites-buhari is d 1 using boko haram 2 bomb churches,but shame 2 him,he wil die on top of a 90 year old woman during sex action 2 meet muhd,gadafi,osama and saddam in d compaign of bombing hell fire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by stpat1(m): 12:12am On Dec 08, 2012
If Buhari contests again, I will happily vote him.

17 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by igahdavid(m): 12:14am On Dec 08, 2012
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by double08(m): 12:17am On Dec 08, 2012
Nigeria is a country where someone is found guilty until proven innocent, Buhari is the only head of state that does not have a single house to his name in Abuja,I am an igbo man and even before Jona became president I have always preferred Buhari,lets try him out and see how it goes,there is a saying 'there is no harm in trial' and like my friend said today, Jonathan and Torres have something in common 'colossal failure'

12 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 08, 2012
I hav a strong blive that this buhari of a thing,has connection with al queda,telibans etc,d weapons dat came 4rm iran were kept in buhari's house but shame 2 him, dat same rocket wil consum him and d entire muslims
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Archmed(m): 12:18am On Dec 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Some persons have painted a picture of of paradise on earth when Buhari ruled this country between 1983 to 1985. For those who didn't witness that period, the article below summarizes what happened in that period.
Muhammad Buhari , Muhammad also spelled Muhammadu (born Dec. 17, 1942, Daura, Nigeria), Nigerian military leader and politician, who served as head of state (1984–85).
Educated largely in Katsina , Buhari took military training in Kaduna as well as in Great Britain, India, and the United States. He was INVOLVED in the military coup that ousted Yakubu Gowon in 1975 and was appointed military governor of North Eastern state (now Borno ) that same year. He WAS APPOINTED federal commissioner for petroleum resources BY Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo , who became military head of state when Gowon’s successor, Murtala Mohammed, was assassinated in 1976. By 1977 Buhari had become the military secretary at Supreme Military Headquarters, which was the seat of government. By September 1979 he had returned to regular army duties and commanded a division based in Kaduna. Although elected government had returned to Nigeria in 1979, dissatisfaction with what the military perceived as corrupt politicians led to another military coup on Dec. 31, 1983, and Buhari was chosen unanimously to be the new head of state.
INSURMOUNTABLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of EXPANDING FOREIGN DEPT. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused SEVERE HARDSHIP to the average Nigerian. In addition, POLITICAL CORRUPTION CONTINUED unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to STOP DISSENSION, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists.
By August 1985 even the military had had enough,and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari
Only FOOLS will be deceived!!
oh thanks for this piece...place all these rots under Buhari...and just d 1year subsidy calamity under Jonathan on a beam balance..and see how it will tilt towards GEJ,..am saying this 4d upteenth time..Buhari was no perfect...no one Is..buh we are better off with him!!

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 08, 2012
A.S Slimm:

PDP does not need to find anything against him. He presented himself three times to Nigerians but the truth is that Nigerians rejected him all the time. You can blame it on rigging or anything else to make yourself happy. This is democracy and the majority decide not you and Olumide. He is free to present himself again but I do not see anything different happening.

Some people define insanity as doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result each time. If Buhari wants to make a change, he is in a position as an ex-president to make significant change especially in the north rather than wasting his money on elections. By the way where did he get all this money from? Donations from who? You?

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by HAH: 12:21am On Dec 08, 2012
the corrupt will never like Buhari in power, how can they forgo all the luxury, they always want to oppress the poor, when it comes to their interest they don't consider religion or region only their pocket.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Series22(m): 12:23am On Dec 08, 2012
A.S Slimm:
I laugh wen ppl abuse d north esp southerners, jus com 2d north nd spend a week nd u'll c hw ur igbo brothers hav filled everywhere, even in maiduguri u'll c d same Biafran gog nd maggogs everywere selling motor spare parts, in Kano a whole market was given 2d igbos just cus of hw dey hav over crowded nd over populated d state. Com 2 ABU zaria nd c ur southern hustling 4admission lyk its do or die, check d skul nd u'll c hw many of ur southern brothers r there.
U southerners r all suffering 4rm post colonial syndrome, inferiority complex 2d white man who keeps exploiting u, infact ur most celebrated politicians Azikiwe nd Ekweme wud hav neva smelled d Ceremonial presidency nd Vice Presidency if not 4 D northerners Sardauna nd Shagari.
Abuse d Great General Buhari all u want all d politicians in ur regions can't b compared 2half d man he is. A man who stood up2 IMF nd World Bank a man who under his supervision 2 Refineries were built, in 15 months nigeria became one of f most disciplined countries in d world, if u tink u wnt suffer b4 progress nd b successful den tink twice, read d Chinese history nd c hw Mao made d chinese suffer inorder 2b disciplined.
If not Buhari den maybe Fashola or Ribadu but apart 4rm dis3 non can handle Nigeria. GEJ is d worst, most incompetent fisherman president eva.
u dey vex say we dey insult ur buhari, now u don dey insult our Gej o. 4 ur information, by 2015, buhari go don reach political Menopause. Lol

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 08, 2012
Buhari purposely killed his daugther and 1st wife 4 rituals so as 2 win election,he has killed 8000 almajiri so as 2 win presidntial election but 2 his own desmay,he coundnt win ,buhari wil die very soon 2 meet satan where he wil dance azonto wit 1leg in his portion in hell fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi / Buruji Kashamu Hugs Gbenga Daniels After Their Peace Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.