Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,339 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years (10113 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
Red-Light:
how much?
Free supply of garr1 for a whole year wink Pls, I wouldn't want to derail this beautiful thread smiley
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
the result is showing....in less than 5 years after the destruction of Baifra land in the name of civil war, there was no single evidence of war in Biafra. markets, houses, schools, hospital everywhere, millionaires, even the people Club Of Nigeria was formed by Biafran millionaires.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by sajawagu: 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
Abdulsalami is right,A child on a roof top can not see what an old man sees sitting,the north is completely destroyed politically and economically.No well thinking human can invest in the north,you can no longer trust a Hausa man for his wanlahi means dagger/kill am.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by treasureboy09(m): 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
Babasessy: According to former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, it will be at least 20 years before the North clears the mess created by the security crisis.

The ongoing Boko Haram insurgency has held the North down, killing thousands of people, crippling businesses and reversing the gains of education.
Also yesterday, President Goodluck Jonathan called upon North-Eastern political leaders to explore a long-lasting solution to the menace of the sect. He made this statement at the opening of the North-East Summit hosted by Bauchi State Governor Isa Yuguda at the Yankari Games Reserve.

General Abdulsalami, who was speaking at the Arewa House conference on strategies for sustainable development in Kaduna, bemoaned the lack of unity among Northerners. He said insecurity has done so much damage to the social and economic livelihood of the region.
The former Head of State said, “Certainly, if there is unity, we wouldn’t be here at this conference and since there is no unity, that is why Arewa House is trying to galvanize it at this conference.

“It will take 20 years to revive the North. A lot of socio-economic damage has been done. If you go round the areas; that is when you will appreciate the extent of damage to the region. We have to work together to revive it.
“All of us should join hands; we cannot leave security to the government alone; every Nigerian is a security officer. Let’s try to join hands and report what we see, so that the government will be able to take action. We should be the government’s watchdogs and also watch our communities.”

The Senate Minority Leader, George Akume, on his own part, expressed sadness that the North was no longer safe for both its people and visitors. He implored the people to imbibe hard work, integrity, honesty, respect and determination to restore the lost glory of the region.

According to him, an atmosphere without peace will make it impossible to achieve development, no matter how determined the actors were.
“The theme of this conference bears direct relevance to what is happening in the North. The topic for today is value and leadership. I do not intend to go into the conceptual definition of values and leadership.

“In every society, there are norms and values. These are highly respected; respect for sanctity of human life, and where this is not respected, there is no way you can have peace. This is a very big challenge, particularly in the North.

“I am very sad things are happening in the way they are happening now. I was in Borno about six months ago when my friend and brother, Governor Kashim Shettima, gave out his sister in marriage.
“We were about 30 that were supposed to go to Borno, but in the end, only 8 of us went.

The others gave different reasons for not making it. We must imbibe the values of honour, respect, integrity, hard work and determination because they have a direct bearing on the development of the North.”
Former Secretary of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Hakeem Baba-Ahmed posited that the next two years would act as a test case for the country and the North’s case to bounce back to reckoning.

“The next two years will test the resilience of the Nigerian State and the capacity of Northerners to bounce back. Right now, the Boko Haram insurgency is eating up like a cancer, and it will require bold initiatives by Northerners to find a solution, by influencing both the insurgency and the government.
“Not all Nigerians are comfortable with a united and strong North. Its current position is therefore a welcome development to its rivals and detractors. They will not lift a finger to heal the wound. This will have to be done by people in this hall who feel the pain the most.

Meanwhile, at the two-day Northeast Alliance for
Transformation which commenced yesterday, the President, who was represented by the Minister for National Planning, Dr Shamsudeen Usman, asked the six governors in the zone to come up with a framework for addressing insecurity. He also expressed happiness that the governors were waking up to deal with the security crisis.

“I hope this summit will not just be a talk show; I hope you will identify at least four to five ways in tackling these problems in the next one year. Governors of Northeast region should work collectively to solve this problem in order to have peace in the region because insecurity is a reality in the region,” he said.

The host governor Isa Yuguda, in describing the summit as historic, said, “For quite a long time, the sub region has remained one of the least developed, if not the least developed of the six geo-political zones in the country in all spheres of human endeavour.” The Governor, while lamenting that the underdevelopment in the Northeast had been compounded by the security challenges which have adversely affected the socio-economic activities in the region, said that the problem of the region was not a lack of resources but failure to harness the abundant resources for its development socially and economically.

“It is expected that at the end of this summit, recommendations for setting in motion the machinery for the Northeast sub region to use its comparative advantages in agriculture, solid minerals and tourism to fast track the development of the region will be made.”

Mike Okiro, a former Inspector-General of Police, noting that insecurity had dampened the economic livelihood of Nigeria in general and North-East in particular, also called upon the summit to look critically at the security challenges and suggest practical solutions.

Chairman of the Summit, Gen T.Y. Danjuma, represented by Maj-Gen Tanko Nuhu Abdullahi, urged the participants to tackle security and its facets such as education, food, health, technology and a solid industrial base.
The 2-day summit has in its attendance the governors of Bauchi, Borno and Gombe. The acting governor of Yobe State and the representative of the Adamawa State Governor, in addition to the Senate Leader Abdul Ningi, Senator Babayo Gamawa and some royal fathers are also in attendance.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=78187

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=78187
What i almost called him STUPID then i realize that he is a father, but if he has nothing doing because it seams he is some how jobless he should just shut his ass hole mouth. He should be talking of how to re-write his wrong deeds other than spitting rubis.........................., He should ask himself has Nigeria recovered from his barbaric tyrannic useless ruler-ship? Yes i call it ruler-ship, because Nigeria is yet to experience TRUE LEADERSHIP/DEMOCRACY for now it's DEMON-CRAZY, take it or leave DEARIE. wink
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
mattsteve: Wow 2nd 2 comment.
Are you sure
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by omenka(m): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
talkin about recovery when there is no end in sight to the problem yet. Smh.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by klax(m): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
What a HELL is this man talking about 20year is even too short I guess 50-100 year is the right figure.

I think the North belief they are hurting somebody else not knowing they are hurting themselves badly its a sorry case. A foolish MAN will die in his foolishness thinking he is hurting anybody. The North never know anything yet this is how the rest of the country will be looking till they the North by themselve wipe themselves out of Nigeria map.

Since violent, Boko animal, religious silliness, enrmy of education and enlightment are what they want and love let them keep it up and keep their complain to their pocket and who bloody care if it takes them 100 years to recover or give a f u c k if it take 200 years to recover?

Let Abubakar, Buhari, IBB, the Emirs and their so called political godfathers keep silent and pretend as if nothing is happening AND fold their arms till they by their own hands turn their region to second Somalia so be it with all pleasure. I have no pity for the North BECAUSE any man or group or tribe that hate "PEACE will dwell in PIECES"

4 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by treasureboy09(m): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ada Nri1:
Are you sure

LO yes mummy turubaka turubaka hu hu
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
grandstar: He is speaking nonsense. How long did it take the East to recover after the war which in terms of intensity was far more damaging and gruesome than what is presently happening.

Only Yobe and Bornu state are really bearing the brunt. Even they should make a fu;ll recovery within 3-4years. Shorter if the government is ready to pump money into these places
Why should the government has to pump money into those places?
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by kunlekunle: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
Dee60:

Where is the money to pump? From a northern economy that has collapsed? The rich ones among them have their money stached abroad. The poor ones, in their millions, are used as bombs! FG of today is broke and unable to pay oil marketers. Where is the money coming from? The richest African is from northern Nigeria and he hardly has any major investment left there.

Adamawa, Kano and Kaduna are states that have been hit by BH. Apart from the physical damage, what about the trauma that has led to mass exodus of people? I do not want to be a doubting Thomas, but same time let us not under-rate the impact of the damage being done by the killing of innocent persons.

dont fooled, they are richer than the southerners (individuals)
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by jamor144: 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
drnoel: Bullshit... 80% of the 1000s of people killed by those babarians are Southerners son tell me how the north won't recover. They kill other peoples children and relatives.
may i remind u that the feet of strangers are the feet of angels n saints, the north would use their hands n destroy themselves lk the middleast
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by gratiaeo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
They ll never recover
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by UyiIredia(m): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
They can recover faster if they put their minds to it. The first step will be putting a decisive end to the Boko Haram menace.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by oraclefemi(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
He is encourage the feeble minds...been there done that !
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
Abdulsalam is very right,it will take decades for the north to recover
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Zet72(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
I thought it's only when the war is over that u talk of recovery &rehabilitation, the war has not ended yet, let them proffer solution how to end the war first & then recovery.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by madridsta007(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
That is an understatement.

To those of us familiar with crisis like these bordering on religion and ethnic intolerance the years of development is as follows;

Economic, infrastructural and security rehabilitation could take at least 50 years. It has to be sustained, year by year to even achieve that at 50 years.

Rehabilitation of the minds of the people would take at least 100 years. Simply put, not in this present generation.

By that time, the South and the rest of the world would have been far ahead on developmental indices.

I sincerely pity the North. I hope Boko Haram and their sympathisers have a sort of developmental plan in place once they are done bombing.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by dederocs(m): 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
I laugh at the Northern youths when they brag in this site,happy and euphoric that they have thier own armed militia.the reality is a group of old Northern Elites are using some few retarded mercenaries, and misguided religious sycophants to destroy their future.let them keep acting like fools,instead of them to fight those criminal elements jeopardizing their collective future and development.
This is a warning as well as advice,there will be no tolerating of Abokis in the south if these senseless killings of southerners continue.let them kill themselves and blow off thier region...its for the Virgins cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by topazjosh(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
INNO18: Mr Man, the East recovered because of the resilient nature of her people. Are you saying the 5 storey buildings in Onitsha,Nnewi and Aba were built by the govt It's a NO! They were all built by her sons. The Scenario in the north is much different, the region is lacking in Enterprising people, and investors are being chased away @ the slightest opportunity. So, the recovery of that region after all this bombings is over might as well take decades. And by then they'l be light years behind the south!
true talk,woderin y som1 ll compare southern N with northern N,i know a very big biznezz man in gusau,infact own many of the enterprises in zamfara state and e don dey live there since dem born am,omo d man don sell almost all him props o,he don relocate most of his company to lagos,ibadan,ondo,ilorin,abeg how that man go dey plan to go north again even after bh don go.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by ABAKA72(m): 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
kunlekunle:

dont fooled, they are richer than the southerners (individuals)
So let them stop complaining and confront their problems with their stolen wealth. Nigeria has no money to weste on lazy and retrogresive lots.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Beync(f): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
grandstar: He is speaking nonsense. How long did it take the East to recover after the war which in terms of intensity was far more damaging and gruesome than what is presently happening.

Only Yobe and Bornu state are really bearing the brunt. Even they should make a fu;ll recovery within 3-4years. Shorter if the government is ready to pump money into these places
pump which money?
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Bambela(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
The problem of these Animals is their inability to identify issues. The only solution to thier problem is the introduction of birth control in that region. By this, Almajiris would be controlled in that 20 years.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by ak47mann(m): 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
"lack of unity among Northerners" and 2moro u will see one mallam talking rubbish as usual that igbos are pulling each other down, what an irony,now i believe that Nigerians are living in la la world...

I knew with boko bombing it will come to this level when investors are no were to be found,now goods&trade in the north has gone down by 60% nobody is sending goods to northern nigeria anymore and people are feeling the hardship very hard.. cool
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by skyfall: 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
Dee60: I lived in the North of yesteryears and in my opinion, the glory it had has gone. If care is not taken, it will even take longer. I hear the rich ones among them now have their wealth stored in Dubai. May God heal our land.

No wonder Dubai economy is recovering very fast. So much money for the banks to lend out.

Richard Quest, over to you. No be only Greece dey this world.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by henrysam(m): 3:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
klax: What a HELL is this man talking about 20year is even too short I guess 50-100 year is the right figure.

I think the North belief they are hurting somebody else not knowing they are hurting themselves badly its a sorry case. A foolish MAN will die in his foolishness thinking he is hurting anybody. The North never know anything yet this is how the rest of the country will be looking till they the North by themselve wipe themselves out of Nigeria map.

Since violent, Boko animal, religious silliness, enrmy of education and enlightment are what they want and love let them keep it up and keep their complain to their pocket and who bloody care if it takes them 100 years to recover or give a f u c k if it take 200 years to recover?

Let Abubakar, Buhari, IBB, the Emirs and their so called political godfathers keep silent and pretend as if nothing is happening AND fold their arms till they by their own hands turn their region to second Somalia so be it with all pleasure. I have no pity for the North BECAUSE any man or group or tribe that hate "PEACE will dwell in PIECES"
U re too much bro this well said and properly articulated. No they will be seeking oil money to rehabilitate them. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia they visit every year does not despise western education. Bunch of fools and morons.that why people like us is clamouring for regional government.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by aurenflani: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2012

Do not talk like you are ignorant of what security situation is and It's variant nature. Yobe and borno and even the entire north are facing unconventional security challenges that are very different to what the east experienced.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Peterwins(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
Why should it take 20 years?

The North should simply tap into their vast mineral resources (Zamfara has gold), reduce illiteracy, increase religious tolerance, etc.

But it will take a life time if they do not take these steps.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by tomakint: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
Imagine this 'Father Christmas' sef dey analyse chei Naija don hear am! No be only 20 years after you don loot and re-loot the treasury during and after your stoopid regime, but our 'rulers' get mind sha undecided
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by aurenflani: 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
henrysam:
U re too much bro this well said and properly articulated. No they will be seeking oil money to rehabilitate them. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia they visit every year does not despise western education. Bunch of fools and morons.that why people like us is clamouring for regional government.

Just because in your hatefilled mind you considered the northerners as foolish, stupid, ignorants or something less you go about generalising blame and accusing an entire people of the menace! People like you could not reason properly. When the leaders remained silent you accuse them; when they talk you accuse them. Accusations are very cheap commodity.

I really like to know if kidnapping in the south is done because the leaders believe that it hurts others and north the south.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by pazienza(m): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2012

And why should the government pump money into those places,how much did they pump into the east after the war? Nonsense! The dead should bury themselves.
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
WORD. But by then i fear that there will still be Nigeria
Re: Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years by DukeNija(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
drnoel: Bullshit... 80% of the 1000s of people killed by those babarians are Southerners son tell me how the north won't recover. They kill other peoples children and relatives.

With all honesty, I say this is the most incredibly unintelligent comment I've seen all year long. Jeez!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyetola Presents N1.13bn Bond Certificate To 189 Retirees In Osun / LASG Assures Timely Completion Of Isuti Road / Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.