Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? (1766 Views)

Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by angelu(f): 1:01am On Apr 24, 2006
why are schools socially stratified into popular and unpopular pple. Why cant we all be one?? Am not sayin am a nerd, cool .
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by Zahymaka(m): 4:20am On Apr 24, 2006
Depends on your views. People who hate school think nerds are uncool while nerds think others are the ones with the problem. I'm a nerd myself and sometimes people call me a weirdo -- of course I don't care.
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by WesleyanA(f): 5:24am On Apr 24, 2006
It depends on your school.

If you go to a competitive school like mine, we aren't divided. we're actually very very diverse in lots of ways and what's uncool to some is always cool to others.

but if you go to a crappy school or a "stereotypical" high school, the jocks are the cool people and the nerds are the uncool people.
that wouldn't work in my school since almost over half the pop. participate in sports and most of the kids are smart (at least smarter than the average HS in my state). I feel so stupid sometimes it's not even funny  embarassed
so much pressure to get good grades and all that.

whereas in some other schools, getting good grades makes you "uncool."

so basically, it depends on your environment and similar factors.

for example:
you might call a nerd "uncool" in a community college because there are a few of them,  . .  but,
you wouldn't call a nerd "uncool" in a top school like Harvard or Yale because there are so many of them.

I'm just trying to work my hardest to get into a top school (like Duke or Rice) to make myself & parents proud. I'm not going to stress myself or try to compete w/ anybody.
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by Seun(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2006
But there's no such thing in Nigerian schools!
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by angelu(f): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2006
dont decieve urself there are such things in nigerian skools
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by beyunce(f): 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2006
All i ave to say is don't pay attention to s**ts like that.
Y should anyone think someone is not cool.
pls everyone is special and cool in uniqe ways.
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by msnewbooty(f): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2006
i dont pay attention to none of that because if i do then i would fall into the stereotype of how black people dont like white people.
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by Hotstepper(f): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2006
I know I was very popular in school, high skool. If you didn't know me in school, then that means you just arrived the school that min. tongue people get popular in diff. wayz, maybe you are a wicked or nice prefect and you will be known for that. I was known for my kindness and alwayz similing alwayz, even junior gurlz den would run to me and ask to be my friend. More importantly, I was an athlete and my house was alwayz winning in everything so from becoming my house star, I became the skool start athat any competition outside, I must be picked to go.
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by mamaput(f): 10:48am On May 06, 2006
There is this boy i know he was in my daughters class he is very smart.
But he spent more time in the rectors office than in the class just to cover up for his good notes. so that people will not notice.
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by eveseh(f): 11:35am On May 06, 2006
in both
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by Nobody: 10:15am On May 10, 2006
Its easy, Nigeria is divided into The Cool, and the Uncool, but its kinda hard for u to see such in skool, but if u r talking about the Popular and the Unpopular, then i'll say this, U make urself Popular and unpopular. When i was in my Sec. skool, i was known for hooking pple together and i was the nicest prefect which i collect the award 4 times. So if u see wat u can do to make urself popular, then u just have to do it, cos with my popularity, whenever there's a fight between skools, my junior student make sure they lead me home if our driver isnt around to drive me home. So u make urself wat u want to be!
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by Ib(f): 3:12pm On May 16, 2006
I was known in school for being notorious and funny! Senior girls picked on me, my mates adored me, my juniors wanted to be like me grin
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by Hotstepper(f): 3:42pm On May 16, 2006
@Ib , gurl, r u me or wat? datz da same shit dat happened 2 me dat dem senior gurlz gave me FILA DA HOTSTEPPER, lol
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by stranger: 11:00pm On May 16, 2006
hey nerd wesleyan,whne did rice university become a topschool. By the way your grade do not have to be super stellar for you to get into DUKE. a brilliant SAT score is all u need.
Re: School Is Divided Into Cool Pple And Uncool Pple Why? by WesleyanA(f): 11:07pm On May 16, 2006
hey stranger.
first of all, i'm not a nerd! well maybe on this thread I am.

I know Rice doesn't rank in the top ten or anything like that but It's still prestigious and in my opinion, underrated. It's pretty cheap for it's value too.

and I think your wrong about all you need being good SAT scores to get into Duke. How do you know? Do you go to Duke? Maybe you could tell me what it's like and all of that!

(1) (Reply)

Alvan Ikoku Post Utme 2012 / FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work / 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.