Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Does The Bible Predate Christianity Or Vice-versa ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Predate Christianity Or Vice-versa ? (1072 Views)

Which Came First...christianity Or Islam? / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Bible Predate Christianity Or Vice-versa ? by UyiIredia(m): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
Some may argue that the Bible came before the advent of Christianity since all of the Old Testament was in existence before the arrival of Jesus Christ. Some may argue that this is false that it was after Jesus came and Christianity had been entrenched in Europe before the Bible was put together. I happen to fo;;ow the latter. I believe the Bible came after Christianity since early Christians simply depended on edification from their deacons and persons like Paul. So which are you ? Do you believe that the Bible came first ? or do you believe that Christianity came first ?
Re: Does The Bible Predate Christianity Or Vice-versa ? by UyiIredia(m): 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
So yes I believe that the Bible came after Christianity.
Re: Does The Bible Predate Christianity Or Vice-versa ? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Some may argue that the Bible came before the advent of Christianity since all of the Old Testament was in existence before the arrival of Jesus Christ. Some may argue that this is false that it was after Jesus came and Christianity had been entrenched in Europe before the Bible was put together. I happen to fo;;ow the latter. I believe the Bible came after Christianity since early Christians simply depended on edification from their deacons and persons like Paul. So which are you ? Do you believe that the Bible came first ? or do you believe that Christianity came first ?

Good evening,

Sacred scriptures is diviided into two parts like you rightly said. The old and the new testament. I really do no know what informed your belief that Christianity predates both the old and the new testament but the simple truth is that there is evidence to show that the old testament was written long before the coming of Christ while the new testament was written after Christ left this earth.

Remember that the old testament has been with the Jewish people long before Christ came, and to this very day they still make use of the old testament. More specifically, the Jews refer to the first 5 books of the old testament as the Torah.
Re: Does The Bible Predate Christianity Or Vice-versa ? by UyiIredia(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good evening,

Sacred scriptures is diviided into two parts like you rightly said. The old and the new testament. I really do no know what informed your belief that Christianity predates both the old and the new testament but the simple truth is that there is evidence to show that the old testament was written long before the coming of Christ while the new testament was written after Christ left this earth.

Remember that the old testament has been with the Jewish people long before Christ came, and to this very day they still make use of the old testament. More specifically, the Jews refer to the first 5 books of the old testament as the Torah.

I didn't say that Christianity predates the OT & NT. I simply noted that the OT was present before Christianity and the NT wasn't compiled till after Christianity. I then said that I belief Christianity predates the Bible because the Bible wasn't compiled till after Christianity came.

(1) (Reply)

Mysteries In Dreams And Revelations. / Why Did God Give Mankind Brain? The Unbelieveable Facts! / Keep The Faith - The Problem Of Science With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.