Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs (11818 Views)

Do Drugs Really Lose Their Potency After Falling On The Floor? / My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! / How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2012
the drug op is posting about is crystal meth,and the third pic showing the disfigured woman,the woman's meth lab blew up in her face..meth is cheaper than coke or heroin,that is why its the drug of choice,on meth you lose appeite and dont eat and ur body starts eating itself,causing muscle wastage.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2012
Cannabis and mental heath: key facts

Mental Health: have you been affected by the recession? We would welcome your views.

For many of us, cannabis is a way to relax – 2 million people in the UK smoke it and half of all 16 to 29 year olds have tried it. But research suggests that it can cause problems in some vulnerable people.

How does cannabis work?

When smoked, cannabis from the lungs goes into the blood and is carried to every part of the body. Several chemicals in cannabis bind to receptors in areas of the brain that deal with pleasure, memory, thought, concentration and the awareness of time. There are two main kinds of chemical involved:

A group called the cannabinoids, which seem to give you the more pleasant effects - feeling relaxed, happy, sleepy, with colours appearing more vivid and music sounding better.

THC, which seems to produce hallucinations, anxiety and paranoia.

These feelings don't usually last long – although as the drug can stay in your system for some weeks, subtle effects can last a few days. Long-term use can make you depressed and make you less motivated.

What is the risk to mental health?

Depression
1600 Australian children aged 14 to 15 were studied for seven years. The ones who used cannabis every day were 5 times more likely to become depressed and anxious by the end of the study.

Schizophrenia
If you start smoking cannabis before 15, you are 4 times more likely to develop a psychotic illness.

The more cannabis you use, the more likely you are to develop psychosis.

It isn't clear why cannabis use in adolescence seems to have such an effect, but it may be because the brain is still developing.

Is there such a thing as ‘cannabis psychosis’?

Some people seem to get a short period of psychosis that is brought on by cannabis but which stops soon after the cannabis is stopped.

If it's so dangerous, why don't more of my friends get unwell?

Probably because most people don't use cannabis before they are 15 and don't go on smoking large amounts. Psychotic illness is quite unusual anyway – only about 1 in 200 people have it at any given time. Most of us probably don't know that many people so, even if cannabis does increase the risk, you aren't likely to notice an ”epidemic” amongst the people you know.

What about other effects?

Education: the connection isn't clear, but regular cannabis use does seem to affect how you do at school or college.
Employment: cannabis users are more likely to leave work without permission, spend work time on personal matters or daydream. Regular users report that it has interfered with their work and social life.
Driving: a recent study in France showed that cannabis users are more than twice as likely to be the cause of a fatal crash than to be one of the victims.

Is cannabis addictive?

It has some of features of addictive drugs – a regular user has to take more and more to get the same effect (tolerance) and can get withdrawal symptoms.
3 out of 4 long-term users get cravings, half become irritable and 7 out of 10 switch to tobacco to try to stay off cannabis. Many find that they spend much of their life seeking, buying and using it. It is probably about as hard to stop as tobacco.

What about skunk and stronger varieties of cannabis?

The amount of the main active ingredient, THC, in herbal cannabis varies from 1% up to 15%. The newer strains, including skunk, can have up to 20%. On the whole, the newer varieties are probably about 2 or 3 times stronger than those available 30 years ago. They make you relaxed and cheerful more quickly, but also produce more unpleasant effects.

How can I cut down my use of cannabis?

The Home Office has published a guide on cutting down and stopping. It suggests that you:
write down your reasons for wanting to change
plan how you will change
plan how to cope with withdrawal symptoms
have a back-up plan.
You can also work through the leaflet on the FRANK website.

What other support can I get?

Join a support group like Marijuana Anonymous UK

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/expertadvice/problems/alcoholanddrugs/cannabismentalhealthkey.aspx
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by kunletech: 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
ekt_bear: Marijuana is the only reasonably safe drug. And even being addicted to it is pretty bad.

My bros, u are wrong.
These are d children marijuanna producess when u are taking it:
1. It decreases d efficience of cognitive processing
2. It weaken d body immune respone
3. It decrease d action of male sex organ hormones
4. It cause long cancer
5. If u are cought smoking it, u end up in jail, cos is not legal in Nigeria
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by chukiz(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
My people prevention is better than cure. be wise
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
kunletech:

My bros, u are wrong.
These are d children marijuanna producess when u are taking it:
1. It decreases d efficience of cognitive processing
2. It weaken d body immune respone
3. It decrease d action of male sex organ hormones
4. It cause long cancer
5. If u are cought smoking it, u end up in jail, cos is not legal in Nigeria
weed is used in treat terminal patients with hiv or cancer who have problems with nausea and suppressed appetite,cannabis has some medical benefits ,pls do not miseducate the public.people r figthing for its legalization.there is a thing called medical marijuahana
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ejifranks(m): 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
ehie: weed is used in treat terminal patients with hiv or cancer who have problems with nausea and suppressed appetite,cannabis has some medical benefits ,pls do not miseducate the public.people r figthing for its legalization.there is a thing called medical marijuahana
u smoke weed cheesy
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
ejifranks: u smoke weed cheesy
no,i just know a lot of things
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Blueeyedboi(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ehie *winks*..
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ichidodo: 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
ehie: no,i just know a lot of things
are u a doctor?
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by caprock(m): 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Most nigerian politicians are high on something. They either smoke weed or inhale coke. That is why they don't care about the development of nigeria.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by salolo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2012
it is sad, may God help them to repent from it
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by CCampbell(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
feminine A: What I still don't understand is how drugs destroy some people and the other people are just normal
Same as cigarettes. Some have smoked all their lives and still look quite healthy. People react differently to toxins, it's in our biology.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
Like anyone in Nigeria has access to Crystal Meth Anyway...

Boys and Girls please don't do drugs....Without Me... cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
ichidodo: are u a doctor?
no,do doctors have a monopoly of knowledge.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
jackbauersballs: Like anyone in Nigeria has access to Crystal Meth Anyway...

Boys and Girls please don't do drugs....Without Me... cheesy cheesy grin
actually a meth lab was raided in lagos or enugu some months back,there was a falling out between the partners and one went to ndlea to report it,heaven knows how many more we have
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
ehie: actually a meth lab was raided in lagos or enugu some months back,there was a falling out between the partnerd and one went to ndlea to report it,heaven knows how many more we have

Shiiiii

I need to relocate to Enugu cool
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Chaoga: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
I smoke weed for a whole lot of reasons :
Relax
Cool down when I'm angry, upset or depressed
Put an end to insomnia in some occasions at night
Waste some times
Boost my appetite when I lose it
Deep thinking (alone in the park)
Feel less stressed

Weed ain't drugs, it's medicine. Before you all think I'm an addict, I don't blaze the whole field down neither have I increased the quantity I smoke from the past years till 08/12/12
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
frosbel:

Nonsense.

I have seen people run mad because of marijuana , and guess what , 99% of all heroine, cocaine and meth users started off with marijuana .

Why would you want to take marijuana anyway or any other drug for that matter, can you not operate under normal conditions

That is a lie.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by topsyking: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
I dnt blaze all d time..once a while or if I won go for interview and I need correct confidence..u no ordinary eye no dey work sometimes.so u gat be high..
Tu baba,9ice,timaya.,dem dey high well...even I dey c police come high too.he no easy...mak I go ginger my spirit brb..
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
the problem is the dependance on it,some people are addictive by nature,they become addictive to shopping,phones,internet,booze,girls,s.ex,etc,if u realize u r prone to addiction to anything as a crutch,u better not start messing with booze,weed,etc,
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Akosbaba(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
rick.ross:
I really really want to know, why do people do drugs? Is cocaine sweet like sugar? I cant even smoke cigar talkless of coke...
then u're definitely not rick ross
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by dilbert100: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
shocking photos undecided
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
topsyking: Forget that level jare....IGBO is good for the body...I recommend Igbo for moderate smoker
nawa o.smh.is this thread and the pictures therein not enough to learn?those who have ears let them learn o
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by sarutobi: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
u guyz should go and watch requiem for a dream. Drug abuse is bad.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by kunletech: 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
ehie: weed is used in treat terminal patients with hiv or cancer who have problems with nausea and suppressed appetite,cannabis has some medical benefits ,pls do not miseducate the public.people r figthing for its legalization.there is a thing called medical marijuahana

Hahahaha, yes it's use for medical treatment for d sick, but not for fun.
It is not legalise, because professionals knows d danger of it outcome when legalise.
Anyway, u can smoke it, enjoy urself.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
ehie: the drug op is posting about is crystal meth,and the third pic showing the disfigured woman,the woman's meth lab blew up in her face..meth is cheaper than coke or heroin,that is why its the drug of choice,on meth you lose appeite and dont eat and ur body starts eating itself,causing muscle wastage.

And the weight issue is one reason why some otherwise smart people chose to use it.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by kunletech: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2012

Hahahaha, yes it's use for medical treatment for d sick, but not for fun.
It is not legalise, because professionals know d danger of it outcome when legalise.
Anyway, u can smoke it as u like, enjoy urself bro.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
ifyalways: Scary!
that's an understatement. They look like vampires, trolls, jeeeeez men, like they suck blood. YUCK !
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by noobsaibot2(m): 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
[size=48pt]IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE THRILLER OR SILENT HILL [/size]
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by RomanyChi(f): 11:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
h o r r i b l e lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why A Strike By Resident Doctors In ESUT, Enugu Is Illegal / For Those Who Have Irregular Complexion In Your Face / Doctors In The House I Need Help,boil On My Testicles(graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.