Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars (1986 Views)

Honda's Most Important Model Car, 2016 Honda Accord Redesign / Toyota, Honda Most Stolen Cars In 2012. / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars by loabb2(m): 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
P.M.NEWS investigation has revealed that Honda cars and Sport Utility Vehicles, SUVs are the most sought after automobiles by armed robbers in Lagos State and its environs.
According to data obtained from the Lagos State Police Command headquarters, Ikeja, Lagos State, southwest Nigeria, armed robbers operating in Lagos and its environs snatched a total of 141 Honda cars from January to November this year, compared to other models that were reported stolen during the same period.
P.M.NEWS gathered that the stolen vehicles were dominated by Honda’s End of Discussion model and SUVs, among others. After Honda, Toyota Camry Saloon cars are next with 110 stolen. Nissan models numbering 75 were stolen during the period. 35 Toyota Siennas were stolen, just as 23 Kia cars got stolen. Other car brands stolen totalled 477.
P.M.NEWS investigations revealed that in May alone, 21 Toyota Camry cars, 16 Honda cars, 11 Nissan, three Toyota Sienna, one Kia and 71 other models were reported stolen in Lagos state.
January recorded the lowest number of stolen vehicles with 10 Honda, Two Toyota Camry, two Toyota Sienna, Six Kia, Two Nissan and 17 other models lost to robbers. After Honda and Toyota Camry, the most sought after by armed robbers are Nissan brands like Quest, SUV, Murano and Primera.
The statistics indicated that vehicle theft peaked in July this year when 19 Toyota Camry, 14 Honda, Seven Nissan, 5 Toyota Sienna, 2 Kia and 49 other models were reported stolen in police divisions in Lagos state.
But in November, the figure of reported stolen vehicles went down with 11 Honda, 10 Toyota Camry, Three Toyota Sienna, Two Kia, 12 Nissan, while 12 other models were stolen.
The Police Command’s record of stolen vehicles showed that 22 vehicles were recorded stolen as at 22 November, including three Toyota Camry saloon cars, one Toyota Carina, one Toyota Corolla, two Honda Accord saloon cars, one Audi saloon car and one Mazda 626.
The Lagos State Police Command Public Relations Officer, SDP Ngozi C Braide advised Lagos residents who lost their vehicles to report at police divisions with the originals of their documents.
Re: Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
Those of us driving camry now know we are in for it. Insure ur car, track the car, install every kind of security u can lay ur hands on even u can install up twenty if it is possible. Engrave the hell out of the car including the chasis sef. Lastly, get a very good submachine gun and hid it in ur home for those who may want to come and get the car frm u at gun point. May God help us. But seriously, I will never buy anything called toyota again in my life. My papa just lost his Sienna to these bastards about two months ago.

1 Like

Re: Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars by donbuchi1(m): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2012
My CG 594 AKD Toyota 1999 Model stolen about 8 days ago
Re: Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars by SegzyT(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pls all nairalanders, a ash colour 1999 model Toyota Camry with reg no LK 539 AAA was stolen in front of RCCG Mount Zion Parish Ekute, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State last July 2013. Pls, report to nearest police station or call 08035809089 if found. Thanks.
Re: Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars by segzyndpep(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2013
so which brand should we go for?
Re: Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars by baconline(m): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
2 way remote system solves the problem of car theif for the camry,follow my posts as I will soon have a consignment of them
Re: Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars by keyremotes(m): 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
What is the year of manufacture of the cars mentioned?
They were also snatched at gun point.
Majority of them are post transponder cars.
Do not get un necessarily scared.
Here is no anti hijack device for any vehicle.
All you need will be a very good tracker system to help locate your vehicle if stollen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Motors: Most Innovative Entrepreneur 2013 / How Good Is Mazda Premacy 2000 Model / URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.