Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,405 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? (18830 Views)

My Car Has Been Stolen In Maitama Abuja(photo) / Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by nusdog: 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
I've been making some observation of late on stolen cars and I come to discover that car thieves prefer and snatch some brands of vehicles more.

My guess: the most stolen car in Nigeria is Toyota Camry.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by dagboss(m): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2011
Generally Japanese series:

Toyota of all brands particularly the types that Nigerians rush at e.g Camry, Corolla, Avensis and  now Highlander SUVs. The next types stolen are the Accord series. The reasons are simple these guys know that there is ready made market for any of these vehicles because according to our people they have second hand value. I still wonder why Nigerians run away from highly rugged German series viz Benz and BMW and the highly secured and equally rugged Volvo series. As for me o, any vehicle that i will ride and i will be bearing my service pistol all the time i run away from them like lepers no matter the amount of favourable Nigerian stereotypes about them. The sum up of my story is that i buy any car available in Naija market in as much as the tokunbo parts are readily available and there are good mechanics, finis.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by chelseabmw(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2011
The answer is TOYOTA CAMRY lipsrsealed
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by victorazy(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
HUNDER CIVIC AKA "BABY BOY"
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by OlaBamitu: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2011
@OP

you wan know so you go change Brand/Model.

I guess Toyota no dey move market for una again

I AM WATCHING YOU!!!

YES YOU grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by oladayo042: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toyota, Toyota and Toyota.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by KacHemNaU(m): 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toyota camry still remains the most stolen vehicle in Nigeria
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2011
I wish there was a Police record for this.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by kabukabu50(m): 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
Hmm interesting cool
So im guessing the best cars to bring down to drive in Naija would be American brands like Chrysler,Ford,Chevrolet,Cadillac, nobody would steal them.Probably just have to bring a container of parts too cool

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
Honda
Babyboy
And Bulldog

1 Like

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by reubeno(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2011
I think the most stolen car is Honda Accord 1996 model (Academy), in three weeks 4 of my colleagues lost there cars.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
Hmmm if they are stealing Toyotas I am not surprised.
Toyotas are very reliable cars and only require care unlike acuras tongue
(so much for a luxury car lol) although hondas are pretty decent too
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by grafikii: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
toyota camry
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toyota Camry ni Oba won, Most Toyota products sha, The funniest fin is that u can run away 4rm Toyota as a Nigerian
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by catso(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2011
In the northern part, Abuja upwards it Honda especial bulldog.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by ochizo(m): 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2011
Ola Bamitu:

@OP

you wan know so you go change Brand/Model.

I guess Toyota no dey move market for una again

I AM WATCHING YOU!!!

YES YOU grin

Correct!!! @OP since Xmas do dey reach why nt consider stealing, MACK, MAN or DAF? na big moni b dat grin
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
Hondas:: Baby boy, EoD's and Bulldog

Toyotas: Camry's, Camry's Camry's

REASON:: They are easy to resell as there is a large demend for these types of cars (especially the spare parts). So most times, they are stripped for parts and sold rather than resold as a vehicle.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by femmy2010(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toyotas and hondas.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by nusdog: 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2011
kabukabu50:

Hmm interesting cool
So im guessing the best cars to bring down to drive in Naija would be American brands like Chrysler,Ford,Chevrolet,Cadillac, nobody would steal them.Probably just have to bring a container of parts too cool

But are these American specs strong enough for our bad roads?

And how fuel efficient are they?

I'll still prefer german cars as alternative, only they're expensive on the average.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by xwolverine: 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
me thinks the most stolen one is baby-boy (honda accord)
i was a victim, taken in broad daylight, till today no trace of the car ( and it will be two years on december 26th)

1 Like

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
xwolverine:

me thinks the most stolen one is baby-boy (honda accord)
i was a victim, taken in broad daylight, till today no trace of the car ( and it will be two years on december 26th)

I think I saw your car in Ekiti state. Only the windscreen though. lol grin

Sorry bro. In Aba, after the military raid to fish out Osisi ka Nku, they came across a place where all they did was dismante stolen cars into parts and resell them. I remember driving past and see the chasis of what looked like an Armada or an Infinity amongst Hyundai and kia cars. I was in shocked. Thats why most stolen cars if not recovered within 24hrs, are never found again.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by xanadu333: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
u want to know the car u'll still this time abi? cool
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by gascoign1(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toyota cars the most stolen cos of their second hand value and easy maintenance,
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by olawalebabs(m): 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2011
E.O.D, of course
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Odunnu: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2011
kabukabu50:

Hmm interesting cool
So im guessing the best cars to bring down to drive in Naija would be American brands like Chrysler,Ford,Chevrolet,Cadillac, [b]nobody would steal them.[/b]Probably just have to bring a container of parts too cool
Nobody will buy them either
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by gascoign1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2011
owascoke:

This topic reminds me of how customers treat us when we are introducing CAR TRACkER to them in the field. They always say they dont mind their car to be stolen or that the money dosnt cost them much even if it was taking.
That man would have safe his family and the entire world that much stress assuming the car has a tracker installed in it.
With this tracker they would have been able to see the location history where the car has driven to that day and subsequent days, the street name ,at what speed the car is moving and they would have be able to catch those thiefs because the tracker would have led the police to the house where the car is packed.
I dont know why Nigerians put themselves in tight condition because of lack of exposure and trust.
If their are people on this page that has a car and does not have a CAR TRACKER you can call funmi 08039238478 for more discussion and the tracker car be installed in your house. you don't need to travel far to do that.
The function of CAR TRACKER can not be compared with INSURANCE, they perform different functions and from our findings in SECURITY business, CAR TACKER takes the best mark. If you care to know why call 08039238478

Please i need to install a spare part tracker, how much? cos installing a car tracker dis days not help much especially when the owner is held hostage
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Kizopumpin(m): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2011
I think the most vulnerable and stolen cars are Honda Allar and Hinda Bulldog. cry
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by rollyfemmy: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toyota camry (Tiny Light to be precise)
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by scholes23(m): 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2011
DANFO & VANAGON
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
scholes23:

DANFO & VANAGON

I guess u are a Danfo driver abi Conductor tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers / How To Determine When It's Safe To Overtake (Photos) A Must Read / Inside Kazeem's Dictionary: Nicknames For Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.