Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary (10553 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by toyindebare(m): 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
Am just passing bye.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by donigspain(m): 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
**thinking**
What possibly could make a wife lie about her salary?
Only if EXPERIENCE has taught the woman that her husband suffers from a case of FINANCIAL PARASITISM. sadsadsad

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by somegirl1: 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva: When your wife lies to you about her salary it means she's preparing for a future without you. That's the sad truth.

you may have given her good cause to consider a future without you....
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Diamonddamsel: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
Exactly.Some men neglect their responsibilities once they know the wife has money.Some would even borrow to spend on useless things and never repay.
Cuddlemii: If your wife lied about her salary, then, you need to check yourself. That is the sad truth!
I don't blame some women for doing this. Money is the root of all evil and triggers some effects if not properly managed

Some men spend their wife's money on mistresses and night life leaving their wives haggard & dry.
Some kill their wives in order to inherit their wealth & marry younger lovers.
Some men abscond with their wife's money with a younger lover.

It could also be out of humility.
Sometimes you don't want to appear pompous, proud or intimidating, you just want your hubby to love you for you and not feel threatened or obligated.

If a lady keeps her salary away from her man, then, she is playing safe not necessary hoping to spend the man's money.
A lady has to secure her future with the kind two faced men we have all over the place that lack discipline

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by omoseun(f): 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
I believe if your wife lied about her salary it's probably because of a situation she had once found herself in or mainly because of your behaviour toward her.

Personally, i'm not a good lier so i tell my husband everything . But the truth of the matter is that most men are not ready to know how much their wife earn. I have a friend whose husband refuse to pay the children school fees just because she earn more than him.

Saying you have a house and 2 cars don't make you a saint neither does it make you a good husband. Just call your wife and ask her the reason why she lied to you. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by RudySmith(m): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Cuddlemii: If your wife lied about her salary, then, you need to check yourself. That is the sad truth!
I don't blame some women for doing this. Money is the root of all evil and triggers some effects if not properly managed

Some men spend their wife's money on mistresses and night life leaving their wives haggard & dry.

Sometimes you don't want to appear pompous, proud or intimidating, you just want your hubby to love you for you and not feel threatened or obligated.

If a lady keeps her salary away from her man, then, she is playing safe not necessary hoping to spend the man's money.
A lady has to secure her future with the kind two faced men we have all over the place that lack discipline

What you wrote only concerns wives who earn a lot and pretend they dont, while the poster's issue could be that the wife pretended she earned a lot while she didnt. The fact that you only focussed on ONE side of the issue, without any confirmation of the lie, shows your biased frame of mind.
There are many women out there who pretend they are rich and earning tons, while in fact they are living off handouts and peanuts.

Why do you think many women want to rock BB, Gucci bags, Louboutin shoes etc when they can't even feed their poor hungry self?
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Cuddlemii: 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
RudySmith:

What you wrote only concerns wives who earn a lot and pretend they dont, while the poster's issue could be that the wife pretended she earned a lot while she didnt. The fact that you only focussed on ONE side of the issue, without any confirmation of the lie, shows your biased frame of mind.
There are many women out there who pretend they are rich and earning tons, while in fact they are living off handouts and peanuts.

Why do you think many women want to rock BB, Guci bags and louboutin shoes etc when they can't even feed their poor hungry self?

Biased frame of mind?
I don't see how my comment warranted this. I only expressed my views which wasn't too bad (.i.e likely causes).

Thats what discussions are about, right?
Learning and pitching in the side(s) you are aware of or have experienced.

What if, I am just learning for the first time that women lie about earning more?
What you could have done was to disregard my comment and stuck to the BOTH sides you are knowledgeable about.
This also shows your know-all frame of mind

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by expensive007(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
arapoa: poster, send her away. i hate it when wives lied to their husband. they could do anything.
but u like it when husbands lied to their wives

4 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by RudySmith(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Biased frame of mind?
I don't see how my comment warranted this. I only expressed my views which wasn't too bad (.i.e likely causes).

Thats what discussions are about, right?
Learning and pitching in the side(s) you are aware of or have experienced.

What if, I am just learning for the first time that women lie about earning more?
What you could have done was to disregard my comment and stuck to the BOTH sides you are knowledgeable about.
This also shows your know-all frame of mind

Are you saying that you do not know about any woman who lied simply because she was a deceitful person? are you saying that all women lie to prevent themselves from the evils of men? Are you saying that all women who lie about money do so because they have some and lie that they have none?

the fact that you automatically assumed that the wife may have done that because of how bad men supposedly are, shows your biased frame of mind. Nothing in your post pointed towards the fact that some women are lying deceitful beings out to con men in some way or the other...... which could be the case here? is that so far fetched, or it must *always* be that women do this because men are evil being, like you wrote?

Anyone *not bias* who just learn about a subject would use the whole issue to argue a point, and not just focus on *one side* like you did.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by donigspain(m): 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
^^^I think what cuddlemii was trying to pass across, which I also subscribe to, is that you should've made your own case without attacking his/her opinion. You were too forward in your attempt to strike out his/her stand on this issue. Nobody is refuting your own stand (which I find rather unconventional and 'untraditional' with married women); as a matter of fact, it even gave me a more balanced approach towards the issue at hand.
THANKS!

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by cold(m): 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
RudySmith:

Are you saying that you do not know about any woman who lied simply because she was a deceitful person? are you saying that all women lie to prevent themselves from the evils of men? Are you saying that all women who lie about money do so because they have some and lie that they have none?

the fact that you automatically assumed that the wife may have done that because of how bad men supposedly are, shows your biased frame of mind. Nothing in your post pointed towards the fact that some women are lying deceitful beings out to con men in some way or the other...... which could be the case here? is that so far fetched, or it must *always* be that women do this because men are evil being, like you wrote?

Anyone *not bias* who just learn about a subject would use the whole issue to argue a point, and not just focus on *one side* like you did.

Straight talking. No further comments necessary

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
Rudy but they are married, fact that she lied about her income reeks lack of trust their relationship.

However that might not be the case if the wife's known as a pathological liar .... so I don't see why the OP is here then.

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by AreaFada2: 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2012

Look at them playing pocket lawyer. You think the poster didn't try to figure out why before coming to NL?

@cuddlemi: If she so distrusts her husband to suspect of him possibly messing about with other women, what is the point of the marriage then? She's not married to " some men" but her husband who she should have known well enough before marrying him.

I suspect many respondents here have little marriage experience if any. In this day and age all income should be family income no matter who earns it.

My lady was not working for years (bringing up kids) and as a single earner, we both sat down to decide on spending.
Now that she works, we both still do same.

How can a married man or woman be insincere about income? I think it's a very bad thing.
My lady keeps all the payslips because she's better organised.

That's just common sense.

@ Poster: DOES your wife know how much you earn?

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
@area-fada .... I think that will be a good start if the OP will honestly answer that question you asked .
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by iphy42: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
The truth is that each marriage is unique and any foundation built from d start is hard to change. Men as well as woman lie in marriages for no just cause nd money is usually a contentious issue. If she lied, think about your own lies, mend fence and move forward. People do a lot of weird things in marriages for very strange reasons too.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Cuddlemii: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
Area-Fada:

Look at them playing pocket lawyer all over the place. You think the poster didn't sit down to work out what the cause of it might be before coming here?

@cuddlemi: If she so distrusts her husband to suspect of poosibility of eloping with another woman, what is the point of the marriage? She's not married to " some men" but her husband who she should know well enough before marrying him.

I know many of those commenting here have very few years of marriage experience if at all. In these day and age all incomes should be family income no matter who brings it in.

My lady was not working for years (bringing up kids) and as a single earner, we both sat down to decide on spending.
Now that she works, we both still sit down to discuss expenses and what projects to do.

How can a man or woman be insincere about income? I think it's a very bad thing, if a man or woman does it.

At least here in diaspora that's just common sense.
@ Poster: Does your wife know how much you earn?

Why is everyone in a hurry to rule out my comment?
I mean enlightenment, education and learning shouldn't be restrictive.
We don't all have to be on the same page, that is the essence of a discussion to learn and show your level of understanding of a topic.

Most of you don't know the poster from adam. Are you members of his household? So what's the fuzz?
Mind you, the op wasn't comprehensive and descriptive enough with his one liner. So you should expect several interpretations/assumptions et all
I believe the op can clarify things himself
Abeg, let's be open minded and receptive to a discussion.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by vandarsar(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
Very very hash, but as a realist, this guys is on point
kilimanjaro:
This one harsh O!
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by bakila: 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
kilimanjaro: @all,
Thanks for the inputs. The point is - the husband is comfortable, he never depends on his wife, this man has built his own house and has two cars.
Why then would she lie?
she does not think he has that much although afams post seems harsh it has some element of truth.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
Reason women lie abt their salary:
1. Men's ego; most men have hyper inflated ego and have complex issue when the wife earns more than they do. I have heard a very rich man say dt if d wife earns more than he does, he will set her up and collect the money- kind of steal frm her. Any small argument, they feel its because she earns more, so hw do u save ur marriage? U lie.

2. Extravagance by men: 90% of men are extravagant. She feels she shld keep some for d rainy day. Some men don't even do budget at all. They spend on impulse. How do u save ur family frm embarassment frm payments of children sch fees, house rent etc; u lie and save.

3. Insecurity- some women don't trust their husbands. Some tribes are known for marrying many women and having concubines while for some other tribes, they must marry frm within, so if u r frm another tribe, u just plan ahead incase a 2nd wife comes.

These r just few of d reasons.
Then, what do u do if u get to know? Find the reason she lied and resolve.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by bakila: 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
Area-Fada:

Look at them playing pocket lawyer all over the place. You think the poster didn't sit down to work out what the cause of it might be before coming here?

@cuddlemi: If she so distrusts her husband to suspect of poosibility of eloping with another woman, what is the point of the marriage? She's not married to " some men" but her husband who she should know well enough before marrying him.

I know many of those commenting here have very few years of marriage experience if at all. In these day and age all incomes should be family income no matter who brings it in.

Now that she works, we both still sit down to discuss expenses and what projects to do.

How can a man or woman be insincere about income? I think it's a very bad thing, if a man or woman does it.

At least here in diaspora that's just common sense.
@ Poster: Does your wife know how much you earn?
In Naijaspora a woman will build a house and rent it out without her husband knowing about it. Facts remains marriage is a business that is not determined by any manual.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 09, 2012
Marriage issue is a very sensitive one.You can't tell your friend is innocent by just hearing his side of d story.He knew exactly why his wife lied.He is probably not trust worthy.There is still possibilty of his wife being selfish.Na them sabi,I think Op should let em settle their issues without meddling.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by blood1(f): 1:27am On Dec 09, 2012
kilimanjaro: @all,
Thanks for the inputs. The point is - the husband is comfortable, he never depends on his wife, this man has built his own house and has two cars.
Why then would she lie?

No comfortable, respectable and responsible husband cares about his wife's salary, so the question above does not arise, IMO! And, why wife Why not partner If he's that comfortable, what's his business with his wife's earnings In fact, why ask Why make her lie Will he also tell her his exact salary A wife is just a helper, it's a husband's duty to pay the bills, so he should deal with it and stop being petty!

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by AreaFada2: 5:54am On Dec 09, 2012
ßløøð:

No comfortable, respectable and responsible husband cares about his wife's salary, so the question above does not arise, IMO! And, why wife Why not partner If he's that comfortable, what's his business with his wife's earnings In fact, why ask Why make her lie Will he also tell her his exact salary A wife is just a helper, it's a husband's duty to pay the bills, so he should deal with it and stop being petty!

This is a very old fashioned view. Perhaps still common in Nigeria.
In diaspora I dated European women who earned twice, even thrice my income. Among some Nigerian couples abroad, the woman earns more. Does it mean the man is not responsible or respectable or comfortable? Some women beginning to disrespect the man who initially sponsored the woman to university (while the man did hard work to earn the money)because she now earns more money, has led to wife-killing especially in America.

It's all about understanding NOT about who earns more money.

With this mentality, you encourage men to believe that a woman is only with them because they have money.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by AreaFada2: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2012
grin
bakila:
In Naijaspora a woman will build a house and rent it out without her husband knowing about it. Facts remains marriage is a business that is not determined by any manual.

How do those marriages end up?
A man might sense such insincerity and start preparing himself for a life without her, like taking a younger version outside. grin
In effect, the woman might push him to do it.

In fact I know of older Naijasporans where you case happened. Younger ones/under 50s should not copy that.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by AreaFada2: 6:11am On Dec 09, 2012
Ha ha ha ha.....At least your comment is attracting attention even if unpopular. I think people rather like to cuddle-you grin. Your post has strong opinions to be ignored. Better to have your opinions than to follow-follow.

The point I was making is we cannot always say that it must be the man's or woman's fault. Some people are naturally very secretive. Infact pathologically secretive and they find nothing wrong with it.

[quote author=Cuddlemii]

Why is everyone in a hurry to rule out my comment?
I mean enlightenment, education and learning shouldn't be restrictive.
We don't all have to be on the same page, that is the essence of a discussion to learn and show your level of understanding of a topic.

Most of you don't know the poster from adam. Are you members of his household? So what's the fuzz?
Mind you, the op wasn't comprehensive and descriptive enough with his one liner. So you should expect several interpretations/assumptions et all
I believe the op can clarify things himself
Abeg, let's be open minded and receptive to a discu
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by paix(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2012
I am the head of the family and her upkeep is my responsibility. Why should her earnings be my concern?
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by LerrieJohn(f): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2013
Blazay: Get real!
You are ALREADY MARRIED. . . It is your responsibility to build YOUR MARRIAGE THE WAY YOU WANT IT. . .even if she has erred!
Perhaps it is your 'high-handedness' that makes her to TELL LIES!
If the husband has not been STEALING her money for some booze or
things' like ashawos and IGBO. . .she would not be forced to tell lies!
If you set a good example. . . she would learn to trust you!
Period!

Marriage is not a bed of roses. . . sometimes you win and sometimes you lose!
No successful marriage comes with a manual of operation. . .UNLESS YOU ARE NOT MARRIED. . . Then wait till you get in to see how difficult for 2 people to agree AT ANY GIVEN TIME!

Thank you! kiss

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abi o! tell them! Couldn't agree with you more oooo.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by devilincarnate: 10:38am On Nov 01, 2013
Me too i lie about my own salary. No big deal in that
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by dBard: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Afam4eva: When your wife lies to you about her salary it means she's preparing for a future without you. That's the sad truth.

Truth..
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by soulglo: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
Afam4eva: When your wife lies to you about her salary it means she's preparing for a future without you. That's the sad truth.

You cannot use the dynamics of a modern marriage to judge what happens in traditional Nigerian marriages. I have learned that you just cannot. I have young women my age that even though they are married to men who are open minded still want to punish them for what their fathers did to their mothers. They do not realize that it is what they are doing but that is exactly what it is. Then on the flip side there are Nigerian men who place so much value on what their income is that they do not want to know what she makes and even if she does it would be an insult to them if she does anything big with the money. Ticking bombs if you ask me. These people do not plan for lives apart. They just are comfortable living a lie. It is not about honesty to them. They have convinced themselves that it is for the greater good. If you look into it you will also find out that just as many Nigerian men hide their income also from their wives.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by ibiange: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
sentix: Most people here dont understand married women at all!

All Good Women always keep some extra cash from their husband!
Provided the woman is doing somethings in the home with her money I dont think you should be worried about how much she earns. It is your duty to provide for for her!

Make your own money!

Very well spoken! There are lot of half baked men out there these days....looking expectantly at their wife's income. How much she earns IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS! You don't need to ask.....do your duty as a man, and let her use her good sense and judgement to augment what you provide if needed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Regular Sex Make A Woman Fat? / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Sex With More Than 20 Women Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.