Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

"Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply (10553 Views)

1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired / Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna And Hubby 150k In Lagos Solution / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by HeWrites(m): 5:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Yesterday, a question was trending online about who should relocate after a marriage if the wife earns way more than her husband and they live in different states.

A lot of people gave varying replies but this one definitely takes the cake.

See the hilarious reply below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/who-should-relocate-after-marriage-if-the-wife-earns-more-see-reply.html

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16am On Jul 19, 2018
cheesy winkGood reply!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2018

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by aragon4realz(m): 6:18am On Jul 19, 2018
the difference is clear

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by MrBigiman: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2018
If u go back to ur husband Na suffer oh. They won't pay u more than 60k sef. Pls stay apart. Any time he visit give him maximum satisfaction.

You can also convince him to resign and set up a business for him in Warri. It should pay more than that 60k he receives.

I and my lady are even farther apart for the past 3yrs and we still try and cope.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by brownhawk: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2018
To hell with gender and ego. I would rather relocate and find a new job wherever my wife is grin

Fuckkkk. I hate long distance relationships angry

22 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Dranoid: 6:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:21am On Jul 19, 2018
because of ego, both should leave their job and relocate to a different state entirely. They should take care of themselves from savings until a new job arise
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by flyca: 6:21am On Jul 19, 2018
In the dynamics of marriage, core decisions such as relocation should not be solely determined by how much a spouse earns.

So if odds fall on you, and it's obvious that one spouse relocation presents better advantage to the family growth and kids welfare, but because you are an alfa-male with your egoistic dogma, and stay put - "you are not doing me, you are doing yourself" undecided

6 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by abbeyoye2001(m): 6:22am On Jul 19, 2018
The one with low income

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:22am On Jul 19, 2018
If the husband's ego is too much that he can not relocate to where his wife is because clearly that's what needs to be done then they should live separately. There are families that have never lived together and they are still surviving.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by kalu61(m): 6:22am On Jul 19, 2018
whatever suits you madam
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by englishmart(m): 6:22am On Jul 19, 2018
Rushing to her location

23 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by mikejj(m): 6:22am On Jul 19, 2018
grin..550k.this is what i will do..he should work out his transfer over to your place..or better still ...it just depends on the trust between two of you.in Nigerian wen a woman is earning more than her man..she won't give him that full respect a man deserves.money ehn.
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Funminicrown: 6:23am On Jul 19, 2018
I even prefer long distance relationship. Either party travelling every two weeks to unite with the family.
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:23am On Jul 19, 2018
the husband shud resign with an immediate effect and join the wife in warri so he can take care of the kids when she's gone to work.

on the other hand, the wife should be kind enough by placing the husband on a 100k salary monthly from her own pocket

thats my own opinion o

4 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Mrjo(m): 6:23am On Jul 19, 2018
chivera018:
The man should relocate with his wife, assuming the wife was president in Aso rock won't he relocate ?
some women are accept because they are single
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by jazinogold(m): 6:23am On Jul 19, 2018
ok
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by obataokenwa(m): 6:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Village people really trying to play with your generational blessing and make you guys very poor. grin grin grin
How can one sacrifice oil company job for a teaching job in Kaduna that has nothing to offer aside threatening ones life once in a while.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by hollywater: 6:24am On Jul 19, 2018
That Man is the real definition of village people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Greene66: 6:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Total nonsense.

1.) Why marry someone who lives far away in the first place? Of all partners in the world? Rubbish.

I don't fancy long distance marriage. My child won't call house help "mommy"

2.) Why marry a man who earn 60k and you earn way higher? This is nonsense. It's illogical. Why marry a woman who earns bigger than you first? Okay the woman should feed you? (indirectly)

This isn't about ego but ethic and logic. A man relocating Because of wife salary is a coward and infidel. That means wife should feed him or start business for him. Then why marry if u don't have good salary?

If relocating because u need ur wife companionship, that's okay. Not coz of her salary. Even if I relocate, I won't use her money for anything or she divorce me back and marry her money
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Waffarianman(m): 6:25am On Jul 19, 2018
D's mata don com online b4....

If you're a wise man and your wife earns more than you.... Man use your head

2 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Pavore9: 6:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Love should not be blind.

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Angy55(f): 6:27am On Jul 19, 2018
The man should relocate please. The margin is so huge.
I have an aunt who was in a situation like this. She is a nurse in shell. She got married to a man who is not working (it was just street hustle). The man relocated but believe me, the man is the one controlling her bank a/c till date and thank God the man is not a Gold digger too. It all boils down to humility on the woman's part.
They put heads together and formed a private school, the man was made the Director of the school. The school is one of the best and most expensive in their location now.
But I know pride won't let some men do it.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 19, 2018
The man should understand that for the fact that he earns only 60k , he is already a failure in life. So the solution is for him to leave that village and join his wife who is already 'made'.

5 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2018
This is a no-brainer but pride and ego will not kill most Nigerian men

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Armour: 6:32am On Jul 19, 2018
The only reason why a right thinking man will insist that such wife should resign is on basis of infidelity.. May be the husband has caught the wife doing kurukere cheating on him
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Benblaq(m): 6:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Lol tell your husband that the weed has affected a very vital part of his brain.

2 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by isybeke(f): 6:33am On Jul 19, 2018
The man should do d needful nd stop being unreasonable

2 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by thesicilian: 6:37am On Jul 19, 2018
All these hypothetical questions self. Where do you see them paying 550k to a nurse in Nigeria?

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex With More Than 20 Women Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer / What Makes You Feel Your Spouse Is The Best? / A Strange Woman In My Home! Please How Do I Go About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.