Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age (19438 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by faraday62: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
I am so disappointed in my wife. we have been married for 2 months now. i always thought i was about 2 years older than her only to find out that she is actually 3 years older after a year of marriage. I am very disgusted because under no circumstances did i think i will marry a lady that much older than me. I told her that age was a big criteria before we got married. Its not fair that she should do this to me. We dated for 3 years before we tied the knot . I am already 33 and she is actually about 36 by her confession. We are having problems conceiving that's why she confessed. Doctors say female fertility drops with age. Fertility even drops further after 35. I am really disgusted with her. I feel all the love I had evaporating. I really don't think I can continue with the marriage. Its just too early for a separation. I hate any thing based on lies. Please folks advise me cos i am currently looking a younger girls still in the university.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dominique(f): 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2010
ouch. lies and deciet can cause irreparable damage to any marriage. she should have opened up to you when the relationship was getting serious. i suppose she was scared of losing you. from what you've posted, i don't see much of a future in the marriage. poor her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Blazay(m): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2010
Mu he he he he

@OP

God is in control.

Let us pray please. . .

Hes in kontro
Hes in kontro
Master jisus. . . Hes in kontro. . .

Amen.

I am so disappointed in my wife. we have been married for 2 months now.
i always thought i was about 2 years older than her only to find out that she is actually 3 years older after a year of marriage.

Looks like you are a liar yourself. shocked

Please folks advise me cos i am currently looking a younger girls still in the university.

You do not need advice really.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by jaybee3(m): 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
I despise liars especially those that lie about age.
Geez what's the big deal about letting someone love you for who you are.

Question is how many other things has she lied about?
As for me, that will be enough for me to dump her sorry as.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by thweraja10: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
I am so disappointed in my wife. we have been married for 2 months now. i always thought i was about 2 years older than her  only to find out that she is actually 3 years older after a year  of marriage.

I dont seems to understand this you have been married for two months now only to find out that she was 3 years older than you after a year of marriage.

pls make it clear ok

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
Based on ma point of view i fnk women lie prolly because dey dont wanna loose sumtn dat is worth it and frm uve jus said am also fnkn she lied to u cos she truly loves u, in marriages dere r ups n down dnt let dis chatter u bsds ur lookin for anoda gal inwic u dont no her own syd of d stori, see pple will say d devil uve known is far betr dan d angel u r abt to no, fnk twice mr
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Blazay(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
faraday62

My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age
« on: Today at 05:05:17 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so disappointed in my wife. we have been married for 2 months now. i always thought i was about 2 years older than her  only to find out that she is actually 3 years older[b] after a year  of marriage.[/b] I am very disgusted because under no circumstances did i think i will marry a lady that much older than me. I told her that age was a big criteria before we got married. Its not fair that she should do this to me. We dated for 3 years before we tied the knot . I am already 33 and she is actually about 36 by her confession. We are having problems conceiving that's why she confessed. Doctors say female fertility drops with age. Fertility even drops further after 35. I am really disgusted with her. I feel all the love I had evaporating. I really don't think I can continue with the marriage. Its just too early for a separation. I hate any thing based on lies. Please folks advise me cos i am currently looking a younger girls still in the university. 

The dude is lying. grin
NL and fake tories eh?

Mu he he he he

OP don quench light runaway! cheesy
I just love to have fun with all these NL "yahoo" posters.

Don't change your story o!
Laya jam laya. . . serves you right! cheesy

Look at this  'Chief 'fagade' of 'jebako village' or is it 'michael faraday'?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You tink se we nor fit read? grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
ANother man conned into marriage.

I trust some people would tell him to endure it
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by tayoast(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazay:

I just love to have fun with all these NL "yahoo" posters.

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by ifyalways(f): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2010
dayokanu:

ANother man conned into marriage.

I trust some people would tell him to endure it
You need to go back and re-read the Ops story.
Hes been married[b] for 3 months[/b] and found out the wife lied after a year of marriage . . . .Ojigbijigbi cheesy
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by spicyhoney(f): 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
Nairaland-ers! Na una biko. . .another episode of 'Super story'.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by faraday62: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
We have been married for a year. What I really meant by the 2 months is , we have been trying to conceive all the while and really started getting worried 2 months ago about why we have not been able to conceive. That was a mistake, my mind has really been trailing away because i am really sad about the development. i don't have any need to lie about this. I need help not condemnation. Thanks. if you had not pointed out the mistake I wouldn't have noticed

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Omolola1(f): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2010
there is nothing u can do, u guys are already married. Accept it as ur fate

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
Omolola1:

there is nothing u can do, u guys are already married. Accept it as your fate

Lol. What do you mean by that?

So if you discover that your husband is a member of a deadly cult after marriage which he didnt tell you about while courting, you just accept it like that since you are married

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by tayoast(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
His wife hid sth that big from him for that long. . .

@Faraday, hw do u feel abt her right NOW
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by MurphyG1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
Omolola1:

Not all things can be accepted as fate my dear. Especially if smthn can be done abt it. A marriage based on lies? I cant o! The truth is he will always see her as being 3 years older (which is smthn he never wanted). So how long will he keep doing this?
@ poster Im sure u are to discover so many other things abt her. So what reason did she give u 4 lying abt her age?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by tayoast(m): 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
Omolola1:

There's a lotta things he can do. One of which is SEPARATION and ultimately, DIVORCE.

It is that BAD
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin o boi,ur own good ohhhh.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2010
Go fix ur broken marriage, dnt let d devil take control of wat god has joined together,

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by amanikondo: 8:28am On Dec 23, 2010
Accept her back lovingly so when you impregnate a young girl outside she will accept you back happily. cool No complain
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2010
'/'/
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by filani(m): 9:18am On Dec 23, 2010
chaircover:

I think the poster is within his right to feel dissapointed especially as he made it clear that age was a major issue BEFORE he married her.

Having said that poster you do have some blame here, bearing in mind that age was such a big deal to you, in the three years that you courted her, then[b] you should have done more [/b]to make sure that you were being fed the correct number.

You are right, fertility does decrease with age but I wouldnt say that 35 is too old to conceive & there is still plenty of time to fill your house with kids if there are no undelying medical issues with either of you. My mum had her last at 44.

However, for this to work you both have to get over this and put your minds in one place, regarding trying for a baby. E pa okan po si ibikan.

In the mean time take a few days off and think deeply about how you wish to proceed. Dont just look at the current situation, but look at the relationship in its totality.

Can you find it in your heart to severly reprimand her and completely forgive her or you are just unble to live with the deception. It is your descision at the end of the day as you will be the one waking up everymorning beside her. Good Luck.

@ chaircover
pls  explain more on the above bolded for the sake of us single men that wish to avoid this trap in prospective partners seeing as MOST ladies can be very convincing liars when they CHOOSE to be?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2010
'/'/
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by softgirl1: 9:30am On Dec 23, 2010
i don't usualy encourage seperation ones u are married u are married i will advise u to forgive ur wife and move on cos the devil u know is still beta dan the angel  u do not no cos wat is the asurance that u will meet an angel acept it as ur faith and forgive ur wife God will give u children
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by invisible2(m): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2010
Age aint nothing but numbers, an 18 year old virgin may find it difficult to concieve while a 40 year old may concieve after one 'quickie' at the back seat of a car, and may even shell out triplets!
Its the posters fault for not digging deeper since age was so important to him. Just keep trying, btw, what did the doctors say? Did they say its her fault or yours?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Busybody2(f): 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
filani:

@ chaircover
pls  explain more on the above bolded for the sake of us single men that wish to avoid this trap in prospective partners seeing as MOST ladies can be very convincing liars when they CHOOSE to be?

Taking notes behind the scene I am still only 14years old but I thank God I come from Naija where I can buy a genje birth certificate and passport stating I am 21 years old so i can sneak into the club when asked for proof of age, and thank God I look like my Dad and I am tall too, that if I claim to be 23 years old people would believe this too, infact some of them who grow pass me dey call me Aunty sef lipsrsealed God bless Nigeria, a Country where because people wan chop eran nomo dey have no compulsion in calling malu brother grin
God don catch men cool

bengreat:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin o boi,your own good ohhhh. I found that my wife is 13 yrs older than me after 4 yrs of marraige.

grin This one na serious laughing matter oh, chei na real ogbonge cradle snatcher be this one oh, haba, see desperation grin Sorry, I shouldn't be laughing  grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by NAJALYN: 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
You have heard it all faraday62 from chaircover, soft girl, & others. The devil you know is better than the one you dont know. Your wife may have lied because she did not want to loose you. Dont rush. Still watch the situation before you take any decision so you dont regret letting her go. We all make mistakes. Do not dwell too much on her own mistakes, & end up making a mistake you will regret. Good luck.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by member67023: 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
You are lucky she even confessed. Some are die-hard criminals and dont have any guilty.
If she is a good wife and the only problem is the age and infertility issue, keep praying and have FAITH.
Nothing is above God.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Moralistli(m): 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ Chaircover, 're u a philosopher or a legal practitioner?, what an outstanding IQ!, keep it up ma'am.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Moralistli(m): 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ OP,,, Remember that marriage is d only institution u get d certificate b4 attending its classes/courses.

Ride on for luv bears many things, and this happened to be one of such.

The fact dat u couldn't discover dis earlier means she's younger than her age which is cool either way,

Meanwhile, many other factors can as well contribute to her inability to take-in on time. Hus and wife can't do it all alone without d help of God, Kindly accept her apology, embrace her and move on with prayer.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2010
A wife who lied about her age.

Removed 6yrs could actually be hiding more things, I see this as a case of being conned into marriage. The final decision lies with you. Anything you do, I support
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by pingpong1: 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
I wonder if it was the other way round whether I would have been seen as a lie. Just wondering.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage Rules For The Digital Age / @zion_kitchen_appliances Home Of Kitchen Appliances / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.