Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:52 AM

Are The Idomas Igbos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are The Idomas Igbos (28325 Views)

Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc / Middle-belt Zones - Nupes, Idomas,igalas, Ebiras, Tivs, Biroms, Katafs Etc / Are The Idomas Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by IGBOPRINCE: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
oludashmi:

Gbam!
You have said well.

This boy, you are here again . . .which one be Benue-igbo? Very soon you will have Yoruba-igbo, Hausa-igbo, Fulani-igbo, Kanuri-igbo and the list goes until you have Ghana-igbo, Saudi Arabia-igbo. . hisses . . .
I don't know if you still exist on nairaland . But today we have benue igbo in benue state.. There is a link to that. So that you can understand we have igbos in benue state.

Last year they cry out for injustice and marginalisation done unto them in benue state because they re of igbo root.
Yeye dey hang

2 Likes

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by okwesili3: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2015
I live in OTUKPO igbos and Idoma have great similarity in their both language and culture. All d way I Love idoma's cos I feel at home knwing dat we have gr8 norms and some values in common weather IGBO OR not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by okwesili3: 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
ALL HAIL BIAFRA
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by Anusiemgood(m): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2016
please which state can u find before idoma..
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
oludashmi:

Gbam!
You have said well.

This boy, you are here again . . .which one be Benue-igbo? Very soon you will have Yoruba-igbo, Hausa-igbo, Fulani-igbo, Kanuri-igbo and the list goes until you have Ghana-igbo, Saudi Arabia-igbo. . hisses . . .

That's not the optimum illustrating example, Benue is a State and not an ethnic group like your Yoruba, Hausa etc. Before you finally go mental beyond repairs

1 Like

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by Anusiemgood(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
SUNNYsparkle:

That's not the optimum illustrating example, Benue is a State and not an ethnic group like your Yoruba, Hausa etc. Before you finally go mental beyond repairs
Brother,are u from dia..plz help me wit my question abeg.
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by OmoIgala: 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Anusiemgood:

Brother,are u from dia..plz help me wit my question abeg.

Idomas are found in Benue state.
Their closest neighbors are my tribe, the Igalas. The two are friendly neighbors.
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by Anusiemgood(m): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
OmoIgala:

Idomas are found in Benue state.
Their closest neighbors are my tribe, the Igalas. The two are friendly neighbors.
i mean state from eastern region that is close to benue.

1 Like

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by OmoIgala: 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Anusiemgood:

i mean state from eastern region that is close to benue.

There are some Idoma in Enugu state.
Ette in Northern Enugu is an Idoma/Igala mixed town.
Igbo Eze North share border with Ogbadibo which is an Idoma local government. Even some people in Orokam are bilingual in Idoma and Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by Anusiemgood(m): 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
OmoIgala:

There are some Idoma in Enugu state.
Ette in Northern Enugu is an Idoma/Igala mixed town.
Igbo Eze North share border with Ogbadibo which is an Idoma local government. Even some people in Orokam are bilingual in Idoma and Ibo.
What about the benue state polytechnic...where is it located.

1 Like

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by OmoIgala: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
Anusiemgood:

What about the benue state polytechnic...where is it located.

Ugbokolo
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by Anusiemgood(m): 1:14am On Jul 08, 2016
OmoIgala:

Ugbokolo
please,l will like to speak wit u on phone, my number
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by juliato(f): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]proudly idoma pls we are not related to igbos.
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by macof(m): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba, Edo, Igbo, Igala and Idoma share common origin in connection with the Nok culture

the reason idoma seem so distant is due to the probability that their land was invaded by people of the Plateau region and a mix followed

1 Like

Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by XAUBulls: 12:00am On Nov 30, 2023
tomX1:
No the Idomas (from Benue State) are not Igbos. But they share a lot of boundaries though. My village borders one of the towns in old Anambra State (either Obolo-Afo or Obolo-Eke) we have similar market days and some names (like Ada, Onuche, Ede, Eke). There has been a lot of inter tribal marraiges naturaly and inter town trades on market days. But the tribes are different.
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by XAUBulls: 12:01am On Nov 30, 2023
tomX1:
Thr Igbos in Rivers State and Delta State still speak Igbo (or at least a semblance of it). There is no distinguishable similarity between the Idoma dialect and that of the Igbo's however. Having some similar names is not a proof of similar ancestry. Tribes can sample names from neighbouring tribrs. There are similiarities between Idoma names and Tiv Names (eg Ako/Akor) and with the Igalas (of present Kogi State) (eg Idoko, Eje). Should all these neighbouring tribes also lay claim to the Idomas?
Whatever similarities that can be observed is due to cultural exchange between both tribes.
Will it make sense to deem the English as being of French origin because a lot of English words and names have French origins?
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by XAUBulls: 12:03am On Nov 30, 2023
OgidiBoy:
This thread brought back old memories. Has anyone here traveled from Jos to Enugu, there is this very small village I don't know the name, but it's just before obolo afo It's in Benue state but the speak Igbo like Nsukka people. My dad would always stop there to get palm wine. He says they have the best palm wine in the whole of Igbo land.
Re: Are The Idomas Igbos by XAUBulls: 12:03am On Nov 30, 2023
tomX1:
The village in question is my village. It's name is Owukpa. Its part of the New Ogbadigbo LGA. We even have alot of Igbos livin there but trust me we don't speak Igbo as a primary language. It's a language we learnt from our neigbhours and we use it to comunicate with them and not to ourselves. I speak fluent Hausa but that does not make me hausa. I've started picking up yoruba as well since I live in Lagos.

Everyone should be proud of their tribes but no one should annex another tribe (you guys are not Sadam afterall).
That's interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Visits Patients In The Hospital, Share Gifts To Them(photos) / Emir of Bauchi's Brother, Rilwanu Sulaiman Adamu, Found Dead (Photos) / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.