Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) (2693 Views)

How To Recover Photos From An Ipad? / 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) / I Just Made A Phone Call With An Ipad - How Can I pi.mp Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by Amaizu(m): 12:33am On Dec 09, 2012
I just got a mail from a paternal cousin on a gift he sent thru a friend to me.Its a 3rd Generation Ipad 16GB with only WIFI.My Question is;considering that i stay in Enugu where the only means of internet access is thru GSM providers,can i use the ipad without 3 or 4G for browsing.I need to be educated.Never used one before
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by davkin: 5:17am On Dec 09, 2012
Yes u can if you got a router that diatributes ur internet services of ur fone got a mobile hotspot ,even without this u can still use it for other stuff but surfing
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by Screwface(m): 5:51am On Dec 09, 2012
I also have one with such connectivity. Got it not long ago.
If you are in a School environment,you can acess the school's Wi-fi. Most schools have this days.
You can also decide to contact MTN. They have one device that can serve as a hot spot on sale. Dnt know the price,but it's called Mi-fi.
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by Amaizu(m): 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2012
I am not familiar with the ipad.I looked at a friend's ipad today and saw that it had a small Glo sim in it.would i be able to install a sim card for surfing in my Ipad with only wifi
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by hagma37yahoocom: 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2012
davkin: Yes u can if you got a router that diatributes ur internet services of ur fone got a mobile hotspot ,even without this u can still use it for other stuff but surfing
please tell me more about this mobile hotspot. Please!
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by davkin: 6:47am On Dec 10, 2012
Wah fone do u use ??
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by hagma37yahoocom: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2012
davkin: Wah fone do u use ??
i have Ipod touch and nokia E5
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by UncleJJ(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
Amaizu: I just got a mail from a paternal cousin on a gift he sent thru a friend to me.Its a 3rd Generation Ipad 16GB with only WIFI.My Question is;considering that i stay in Enugu where the only means of internet access is thru GSM providers,can i use the ipad without 3 or 4G for browsing.I need to be educated.Never used one before

Sell, your old fones and get an andriod. Or if you can afford another cell get an android, use an airtel sim for 1gb, fire up the android wifi tethering and connect your ipad to the machine. You can now use the ipad to form levels anywhere their service, the fones stay in your pocket.

PS. You should have asked for an android tablet... far more versatile cool
Re: Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) by Amaizu(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2012
Thank You

(1) (Reply)

Header Vpns Gives You Unlimited Data With Swift And Spectranet 4g Lte For 1500# / Basic Computer Commands You Might Find Useful / Anyone With Single 4gb DDR2 RAM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.