Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. (11170 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:51am On Apr 04, 2008
Who was Amasa's father?

2 Samuel 17:25
Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ishra and Israelite.

1 Chronicles 2:17
And the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2008
So what was the messiah's name meant to be??

Isaiah 7:14

14 The Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be pregnant. She will have a son, and she will name him Immanuel

Matthew 1:21-22

21 She will give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by rite2salas(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2008
Its interesting how the bible says somethings and few verses later it forget it wat it previously said grin cheesy

If we could cross out the contradictions in the bible, the bible would be only a two page pamplet.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by simmy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2008
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
im not claiming there are no genuimne mistakes in the bible but nowhere did the bible say therer are no mistakes in it. it was written by humans therefore it has flaws. just the same way a dictionary might have typos but doesnt stop it from being a dictionary.
however most of bawomolo s supposed contradicitons just prove that he totally does not undertsand literaryt language or he s not very intelligent.
e.g
bawomolo:

So what was the messiah's name meant to be??

Isaiah 7:14

14 The Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be pregnant. She will have a son, and she will name him Immanuel

Matthew 1:21-22

21 She will give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Dog, if u dont understand what the writer was alluding to poetically, then thats urt problem not the bible's
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2008
the bible is supposed to be the world, while the bible isn't. u'd think the errors would have been rectified after many versions and editions of the bible.   should the name of the messiah be immanuel??

Who were the sons of Benjamin?

Genesis
46:21 And the sons of Benjamin were Belah, and Becher, and Ashbel, Gera, and Naaman, Ehi, and Rosh, Muppim, and Huppim, and Ard

Numbers
26:38 The sons of Benjamin after their families: of Bela, the family of the Belaites: of Ashbel , the family of the Ashbelites: of Ahiram , the family of the Ahiramites:

Chronicles
7:6 The sons of Benjamin; Bela, and Becher, and Jediael, three.

Chronicles
8:1 Now Benjamin begat Bela his firstborn, Ashbel the second, and Aharah the third, There are four lists of Benjamin's sons in the Bible. None of them agree and only one name (Bela) is found in all four lists.
Who were the sons of Benjamin?
8:2 Nohah the fourth, and Rapha the fifth.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by MCUsman(m): 11:32am On Apr 06, 2008
simmy:

im not claiming there are no genuimne mistakes in the bible

Then what are you claiming oversight mistakes undecided

simmy:

nowhere did the bible say therer are no mistakes in it. it was written by humans therefore it has flaws. just the same way a dictionary might have typos but doesnt stop it from being a dictionary.

Are you comparing your Bible with a dictionary.

We have Holy Bibles & Advanced Learner Dictionary. No where was the dictionary called Holy Dictionary.

simmy:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
it was written by humans therefore it has flaws.

How many flaws does your Bible have, let say 2, 20, 200, 2000, 200,000, 2,000,000 or 2 billion flaws.

Then you did you attrribute or are responsibale for these flaws

The Trinity God
The Trinity Jesus
The Trinity Holy Spirit
All the 3 Trinities
John, Luke, Peter, Mattew, or Paul
Early writers of the Bible
Later editors of the Bible
Recent modifers of the Bible

Definately somebody must be responsiable.

simmy:

Dog, if u don't understand what the writer was alluding to poetically, then thats urt problem not the bible's

So Dog, read what your Bible says

"It would seem that we have only the end-stage of a slow process that has brought together not only component parts of different ages, but also corrections, additions and sometimes even more than one revision of the same discourse." (The New Jerusalem Bible, p. 1739)

The New American Bible says that most scholars "have come to the conclusion that the inconsistencies were probably produced by subsequent editing in which homogeneous materials were added to a shorter original." (The New American Bible, Revised New Testament, p. 143

YET THE KING JAMES VERSION HAS GRAVE DEFECTS." And, "THAT THESE DEFECTS ARE SO MANY AND SO SERIOUS AS TO
CALL FOR REVISION
. . ." page iii, paragraph six of the PREFACE of the RSV reads:*

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2008
Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Jesus raised himself from the dead.

John 2:19-21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body

John 10:17:

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

God raised him from the dead.

Acts 4:10
Jesus Christ , whom God raised from the dead,

Acts 13:30
But God raised him from the dead.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by TayoD1(m): 3:36am On Apr 07, 2008
@topic,

Just passing through andsaw the first post on this page by bamolowo.

Who was Amasa's father?

2 Samuel 17:25
Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ishra and Israelite.

1 Chronicles 2:17
And the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.
If you care to do some studying, you will find that the Ishra and Jether actually mean the same in Hebrew - "Abundance." Whether it is a lack of scholarship or outright bold-face lie, your submission, bamolowo is totally baseless. While I have not gone through everything you've posted here, I am sure a careful scrutiny of your submissions will reveal them to be nothing more than the charade that I have proven this one to be.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2008
If you care to do some studying, you will find that the Ishra and Jether actually mean the same in Hebrew - "Abundance." Whether it is a lack of scholarship or outright bold-face lie, your submission, bamolowo is totally baseless. While I have not gone through everything you've posted here, I am sure a careful scrutiny of your submissions will reveal them to be nothing more than the charade that I have proven this one to be.

actually u are the one that should do some studying. how can your father be from two places. an example is baba wole from Aguda, and baby wale from Surulere. how can baba wole and baba wale be the same people if they come from two different places. i give u credit for at least trying to answer the contradiction. nice try. Ishmaelite and israelite are not the same.

Should we obey human or divine law?

Acts 5:29
We ought to obey God rather than men.

1 Peter 2:13
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2008
lol no responses yet
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2008
Who where The sons of David born in Hebron

2 Samuel 3:2-5
1. Annon
2. Chileab
3. Absalom
4. Adonijah
5. Shephatiah
6. Ithream

1 Chronicles 3:1-4
1. Annon
2. Daniel
3. Absalom
4. Adonijah
5. Shephatiah
6. Ithream

why kill the enemies u love??

Matthew 5:43-44

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemies.' 44 But I say to you, love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you.

Numbers 25:16-17

16 The Lord said to Moses,17 "The Midianites are your enemies, and you should kill them.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2008
Was Lot righteous?

2 Peter 2:7-8
And [God] delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deedswink

Genesis 19:30-36
And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters. And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2008
bawomolo:
oprah winfrey is one of the hindu gods i worship. i know it doesn't make sense but the mind of humans isn't capable enough to comprehend this.
@bawomolo

Please can you explain this your statement LOGICALLY to us. Or do we have a case of pot calling the kettle black?
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2008
Please can you explain this your statement LOGICALLY to us. Or do we have a case of pot calling the kettle black?

have u heard of something called sarcasm
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by rite2salas(m): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
Order of creation
Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1), the Priestly tradition:

Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)

Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."

The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:

Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How orderly were things created?
#1: Step-by-step. The only discrepancy is that there is no Sun or Moon or stars on the first three "days."
#2: God fixes things up as he goes. The first man is lonely, and is not satisfied with animals. God finally creates a woman for him. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How satisfied with creation was he?
#1: God says "it was good" after each of his labors, and rests on the seventh day, evidently very satisfied.
#2: God has to fix up his creation as he goes, and he would certainly not be very satisfied with the disobedience of that primordial couple. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

Moses' personality
Num.12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth."

Num.31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth, And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? , Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, , But all the women children , keep alive for yourselves."

Righteous live?
Ps.92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

Isa.57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

Acts 1:18: "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

Matt. 27:5-7: "And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests, bought with them the potter's field."

Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?
Matt.5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, "
Luke6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people, came to hear him, And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said, "

Jesus' last words
Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" , Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Years of famine
II SAMUEL 24:13: So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?

I CHRONICLES 21:11: SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destryed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;

Moved David to anger?
II SAMUEL 24: And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Isreal and Judah.

I CHRONICLES 21: And SATAN stood up against Isreal, and provoked David to number Israel.

The GENEALOGY OF JESUS?
In two places in the New Testament the genealogy of Jesus son of Mary is mentioned. Matthew 1:6-16 and Luke 3:23-31. Each gives the ancestors of Joseph the CLAIMED husband of Mary and Step father of Jesus. The first one starts from Abraham(verse 2) all the way down to Jesus. The second one from Jesus all the way back to Adam. The only common name to these two lists between David and Jesus is JOSEPH, How can this be true? and also How can Jesus have a genealogy when all Muslims and most Christians believe that Jesus had/has no father.

God be seen?
Exod. 24:9,10; Amos 9:1; Gen. 26:2; and John 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 32:30)
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by rite2salas(m): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
lol, lots of typos cheesy
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 12:54am On Apr 16, 2008
thx brother, i took a little hiatus. i no die o grin grin

Should we rejoice when our enemies suffer?

Psalm 58:10
The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

Does righteousness come from following the Law?

Luke 1:6
They [Zacharias and Elisabeth] were both righteous before God walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Galatians 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by nossycheek(f): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2008
MC Usman:

"It would seem that we have only the end-stage of a slow process that has brought together not only component parts of different ages, but also corrections, additions and sometimes even more than one revision of the same discourse." (The New Jerusalem Bible, p. 1739)

The New American Bible says that most scholars "have come to the conclusion that the inconsistencies were probably produced by subsequent editing in which homogeneous materials were added to a shorter original." (The New American Bible, Revised New Testament, p. 143

YET THE KING JAMES VERSION HAS GRAVE DEFECTS." And, "THAT THESE DEFECTS ARE SO MANY AND SO SERIOUS AS TO
CALL FOR REVISION
. . ." page iii, paragraph six of the PREFACE of the RSV reads:*

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Are these Bible quotations or human analysis. Lets use the same analysis for both religions.

to qutoe Frizy
@nossycheek
I read all your information. I must tell you that this is not in the hadith. The Indian king as you continually stated wasn't recorded in the hadiths(and if it was kindly post the hadith with the chain of narration). So how do you want Mus'lims not to believe that this evidences of yours wasn't from people who love framing up stories based on the hatred they have for the Mus'lims and Mu'hammed our leader himself?

See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-125341.32.html
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by MCUsman(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2008
nossycheek:

Are these Bible quotations or human analysis. Lets use the same analysis for both religions.

No wounder they call you chicken head.

This is straight from the horse's mouth, i.e. the orthodox Christian scholars of "the highest eminence." and galaxy of Doctors of Divinity that revised the KJV telling the whole world of the grave errors/ defects in the KJV.

Chicken Head do you need an encyclopaedia to explain the meaning of GRAVE AND SERIOUS DEFECTS

and what is their reasons for eliminating them
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by nossycheek(f): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2008
MC Usman:

No wounder they call you chicken head.

This is straight from the horse's mouth, i.e. the orthodox Christian scholars of "the highest eminence." and galaxy of Doctors of Divinity that revised the KJV telling the whole world of the grave errors/ defects in the KJV.

Chicken Head do you need an encyclopaedia to explain the meaning of GRAVE AND SERIOUS DEFECTS

and what is their reasons for eliminating them

Just as the quotation I posted to Frizy are from Great Religious scholars
aquya like you. Dan arne cool

Su ra 7:157 Those who follow the messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Taur at and the I njil,

They are desperate to prove Muha mmad exists in the Bible yet they say the Bible is corrupt, why search for him in something that is corrupt according to them, what kind of logic is this?

No wonder they all behave like sheeps heading for the slaughter and resort to name calling and dagger drawing tongue
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2008
Who sent the Holy Ghost

Jesus sent the Holy Ghost.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.

The Father sent the Holy Ghost.

John 14:26
, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name ,

When was Jesus born?

Before 4 BCE.(herod died in 4BCE)

Matthew 2:1
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king.

After 6CE(Quirinius became governer of Syria in 6 CE, ten years after king Herod's death)

Luke 2:1
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by MCUsman(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2008
[Just as the quotation I posted to Frizy are from Great Religious scholars
[quote][/quote]

The difference is that what they wrote was thier own personal expression. while in this case it was expressions of the people that re-edited a completely fresh bible, after they have removed some of the contradictions.

Magnificent Tribute of the KJV

"THE FINEST VERSION WHICH HAS BEEN PRODUCED IN THE PRESENT CENTURY." - (Church of England Newspaper)
"A COMPLETELY FRESH TRANSLATION BY SCHOLARS OF THE HIGHEST EMINENCE." - (Times, Literary Supplement)
"THE WELL-LOVED CHARACTERISTICS OF THE AUTHORISED VERSION COMBINED WITH A NEW ACCURACY OF TRANSLATION." - (Life and Work)
"THE MOST ACCURATE AND CLOSE RENDERING OF THE ORIGINAL" - (The Times)
"IS THE PRODUCT OF 32 SCHOLARS, ASSISTED BY AN ADVISORY COMMITTEE REPRESENTING 50 DENOMINATIONS. The publishers (Collins) page 10:

Why all this boasting? To make the gullible public buy their product? All these testimonies convince the purchaser that he is backing the right horse, with the purchaser little suspecting that he is being taken for a ride.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Sisikill: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2008

why kill the enemies u love??
Matthew 5:43-44

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemies.' 44 But I say to you, love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you.

Numbers 25:16-17

16 The Lord said to Moses,17 "The Midianites are your enemies, and you should kill them.

Not rain on your little parade here. . .but if you put the quote from Numbers first (as it should be) you’d see that the quote from Matthew makes sense.

One would think the phrase “You have heard that it was said. . .”  at the beginning of Chapter 43 and the single word “But” of Chapter 44 would be dead giveaways that something  (from the past) was being amended. Guess we gotta work things any which way to match our premise, hun?

Anyhoo, just wanted to point that out. . .Carry on.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2008
why should something from the past be amended if God's law is perfect??

Can thieves go to heaven?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Luke 23:32-43
And there were also two other, malefactors , led with him to be put to death.
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Sisikill: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2008
There's an accident involving a car and truck. There are three witnesses. The police ask each witness to write a report of the accident and turn it in anytime they like.

The first who has a flair for writing and is very proficient in the English language, launches into an account of what happened. . .giving every minute detail from the Color of the steering in the Van to the worn out tires on the Car. He turns his report in just 2 days after the accident.

The second, also proficient in the English Language but has no patience for writing gives just a surface description of what he saw and turns it in the day of the accident.

The third barely understands the English language. . .uses words that although makes sense to him, can be misunderstood by those around him. He ends his report with "Small car and big car jam each other" and turns it in 2 weeks after the accident.

When reading these 3 reports, written by three people with different backgrounds at different times, surely one would expect to find some contradictions? Should we then say because the third man used Big Car instead Van he is wrong? More importantly, does the different writing style and different choice of words mean the accident never happened? Absolutely not!

Another example. . . I'm being followed by two people who are documenting my day to day activities (Hey, don't scoff. . .stranger things have happened). So Sunday Morning comes, the 1st sees me on my way to church smiling, he writes in his entry, 

Sunday, April 20 2008 - Morning
Subject HAPPILY leaves for Church (he goes by the rule of thumb that smile equals happy)

The second catches me in a moment when I'm frowning and I even appear to wipe my eyes (Mascara is Bitch), He writes. . .

Sunday, April 20 2008 - Morning
Subject UNHAPPILY goes to Church (he goes by the rule of thumb that frowning equals sad)

It does not take a two years old to see these statements are contradictory. . .but it does not mean one is wrong and the other is right nor does it negate the fact that I went to church.

The original poster of this thread makes his point on the assumption that the Bible was written by one person within a certain timeframe. He also fails to put into consideration that the Bible was not originally written in English and was translated by people based on a rule of thumb of what a word, a phrase means.

As Nigerians, I'd think we'd have a better understanding of how some things can be lost in translation. One of my favorite Songs is Vernacular by Lagbaja (with Fela) in which the singer talks about how certain words can't be translated into the English language. . .he even goes as far as saying "English is not Expression". . .lol. I know, I know this is probably not the right forum to bring up Lagbaja (I've asked for forgiveness oh. . .please all the Iya Jesus' don't condemn me to Hell)

Anyway, my point is. . .if the Author puts in consideration that the different people who wrote the books of the bible did so based on their own perspective and that the bible not originally written in English, If he leaves allowances that something could have been lost in translation and if he also understands that contradiction does not necessarily mean something is wrong. . .maybe just maybe he would have a better grasps on things. . .but I'm not holding my breath.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Sisikill: 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2008
Who where The sons of David born in Hebron

2 Samuel 3:2-5
   1.  Annon
   2. Chileab
   3. Absalom
   4. Adonijah
   5. Shephatiah
   6. Ithream

1 Chronicles 3:1-4
   1.  Annon
   2. Daniel
   3. Absalom
   4. Adonijah
   5. Shephatiah
   6. Ithream

Lol. . . Bowomolo, I understand what you're trying to do here. . .believe me, I do but have got to be a lot more choosy with the contradictions you posts, if you don't be dismissed as just another nitpicker with a lot of time on his hands.

Take the above for instance, Both accounts tell us David had six sons, they both have the same order of birth. . .but let's throw out the entire book because one name out of six does not match. Let's ignore the possibility that Daniel's name could also be Chileab because one person have two names is just too out there for the mind to comprehend. shocked

Again. . .just wanted to point that out. Carry on.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2008
as usual my posts asking why others are allowed to make silly posts of Christianity have been deleted while the partial moderator lets others run their mouths .
Taliban on nairaland
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by ono(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2008
But if mukina (or whatever the name is) is a mus-lim (as I'm wont to believe), why on earth did Seun the great make her the moderator of this section of NL? What's going on in NL? I think my time on the land will be greatly reduced in days to come.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2008
As though I saw your post before my new thread.
This is the worst case of partiality in the history on nairaland.
It's like asking an accused child molester to head a nursery school
Or an anemic patient to donate blood.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by mukina2: 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2008
nwando:

as usual my posts asking why others are allowed to make silly posts of Christianity have been deleted while the partial moderator lets others run their mouths .
Taliban on nairaland

your post where?

make your claims but please let it be the truth

i only locked one thread of urs and cleaned out one topic and that was not today.

** if you feel someone posted something that you do not like, you can always use report to moderator**
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by ono(m): 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2008
Mukina, are you a mus-lim? And I need a straight answer, that's all.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 20, 2008
mukina2:

your post where?

make your claims but please let it be the truth

i only locked one thread of urs and cleaned out one topic and that was not today.

** if you feel someone posted something that you do not like, you can always use report to moderator**

locked,cleaned out,sanitized,eradicated,"caused to vamoose",quarantined,evacuated,killed,abracadabrad,decapitated,aborted.
My points exactly!

report to moderator is for wimps.
I've never been one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? / Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.