Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? (1412 Views)

List Of Hip-hop/r&b Albums U Can Listen To Back To Back Without Skipping A Song. / Review Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009! / Winners Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009 Leaked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by savedbreak: 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2012
HI
There as been alot of beef scenerios in the music industry, some include:
2Pac Vs Notorious Big - arguably the greatest rap beef of all time,
Nas Vs Jay-z - whenever this 2 names popup what comes to my mind is "who is the legend?" so i think we can only call this superiority rivalry
Nelly Vs Krs One,
Dmx Vs Ja Rule,
50 Cents Vs The Game,
Lil Kim Vs Foxy Brown (the ladies are not left out)
Rugged man Vs Eedris Abdulkareem - Nigeria rap veteran also show their colour
M.I vs Kelly handsome,iceberg slim

the list goes on and on.
Even the upcoming rappers arn't left out - Vector vs Reminisce,

But the question is,is it just a commercial stunt to raise awareness and sell records? or its the real thing?.
Jay-z Vs Nas Came back after the "beef show" and did concerts together, Krs One Vs Nelly, Krs one doesn't know Nelly(but because of the beef, Nelly sold over 2 Million copies of his album).

Need i say more? The final verdict is, are BEEFS REAL?. or can we put it that 2Pac and Notorious BIG were victim of circumstances to have passed on while their beef stunt was on? For your information they did a track together!

your comments please
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by iamSi(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2012
Well_ its deeper than Rap_ beef or no beef _ its deeper than that_

The Game (now Game) once cried being interview_ lamenting on how the whole hip hop nation is fake_ Game beat up 40 Glocc (fellow rapper)_which was taped_ beefs are real in this game

But in Naija_ it is nothing but competition
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by ebony888(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
Em!..........2nd to comment
lyk seriously I dnt tink I could make it

#DancingAzonto#
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by Aloodunayo: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2012

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by Aloodunayo: 11:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
Z)
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 11:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
Nice Article
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by GoldenLady1: 2:23am On Dec 10, 2012
Back in the days yes it was real (80's up until maybe early 2000's). Now it's just marketing unless you're talking about underground and street rappers. Mainstream rappers are usually just promoting their act with fake beef.
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by Pdizzle(m): 2:30am On Dec 10, 2012
Some real some not, dependin on circumstances surrounding it.

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 7:31am On Dec 10, 2012
Golden Lady: Back in the days yes it was real (80's up until maybe early 2000's). Now it's just marketing unless you're talking about underground and street rappers. Mainstream rappers are usually just promoting their act with fake beef.
the likes of 50 cent do beefs cuz of record sales
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
Pdizzle: Some real some not, dependin on circumstances surrounding it.
circumtance?
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
@OP ur article is quite similar to mine..hmmm...very very similar.
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by UyiIredia(m): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
Aloodunayo: Not all of them are real,some are just to boost record sales e.g that of 50 and kanye. And some are deep down and complicated,me think there are real beefs (2pac vs Biggie,Nas vs Jay Z)

Rightly said.
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 7:31am On Dec 11, 2012
A frontpage material
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 8:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
Aloodunayo: PRAISE THE LIVING JESUS!! I suggest you do a thanksgiving in church
lol,guy you wicked o !
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
savedbreak: HI
Nas Vs Jay-z - whenever this 2 names popup what comes to my mind is "who is the legend?" so i think we can only call this superiority rivalry
Nelly Vs Krs One,
Dmx Vs Ja Rule,
50 Cents Vs The Game,

the list goes on and on.

But the question is,is it just a commercial stunt to raise awareness and sell records? or its the real thing?.
Jay-z Vs Nas Came back after the "beef show" and did concerts together, Krs One Vs Nelly, Krs one doesn't know Nelly(but because of the beef, Nelly sold over 2 Million copies of his album).

Need i say more? The final verdict is, are BEEFS REAL?. or can we put it that 2Pac and Notorious BIG were victim of circumstances to have passed on while their beef stunt was on? For your information they did a track together!

your comments please
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 5:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
savedbreak: HI
Nelly Vs Krs One,
Dmx Vs Ja Rule,
50 Cents Vs The Game,

the list goes on and on.

article by Alo Odunayo

your comments please
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by bigfree: 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
hip hop beefs evolved from the hiphop style of bragadiccio rap.who is the deffest emcee,who can move the crowd the most and who has more street credibilty.even before the much publicised 2pac and biggie's beef,there were other beefs like the NWA and ice cube beef,boogie down production and KRS ONE e.t.c.the climax of the beef wasn't one of bloodbath, club beatdown and record sales but the emcees involved took the beef to another creative level by engaging in battle rap.
Let emcees come first to first, spliting fire with the illest of bars and let the hiphop community be the judge.thats how it was back in the day.
Rappers should stop hiding behind studio booths and label PRs to create beefs that doesn't add growth to hiphop.
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 11:53am On Jan 02, 2013
bigfree: hip hop beefs evolved from the hiphop style of bragadiccio rap.who is the deffest emcee,who can move the crowd the most and who has more street credibilty.even before the much publicised 2pac and biggie's beef,there were other beefs like the NWA and ice cube beef,boogie down production and KRS ONE e.t.c.the climax of the beef wasn't one of bloodbath, club beatdown and record sales but the emcees involved took the beef to another creative level by engaging in battle rap.
Let emcees come first to first, spliting fire with the illest of bars and let the hiphop community be the judge.thats how it was back in the day.
Rappers should stop hiding behind studio booths and label PRs to create beefs that doesn't add growth to hiphop.
you are right but there are still real beefs in this present age although they ar nt has deep as way back beefs involving guns due to the hard knock/gangstar lifestyle of hip hoppers bt they ar sumtin_ everyone is nao civilised so we shudnt b xpectin d kind of beefs we see back then
Re: Evolution Of Hip Hop Beefs? by hypenation: 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Fronpage plz

(1) (Reply)

Lift Him Up: Duncan Mighty's New Song Is Sweet Port Harcourt Music / Ghana's Fuse ODG Beats Wizkid To Win Best African Act At 2013 MOBO Awards / Full Download: James Blake – 200 Press (EP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.