Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD (1358 Views)

Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / Nigerian Men Dont Serve God Like Their Women: Why? / Advise To People Whom Enjoy Cursing Anointed Men Of God Like Bsp David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2012

OR

Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by Sweetnecta: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
neither.

i can give you tons of reasons, but you didn't ask for any, so. i am just saying. in case you are itching to now why the carving is disqualified.
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
ôk give your reasons.
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by greatgenius: 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
God does not want or need your worship.. jesus does not need your worship. Even your " gods" do not need your worship ...

But if you needed or choose to worship someone or anything due to ignorance obviously, why choose to worship an inanimate carved wood that you are obviously more intelligent than?
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
^you misunderstand.. these are human representations of the God. my question is that if God had physical features, which one would be preferable
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by greatgenius: 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
^^^^ exactly my point. Why would humans prefer an inanimate wood they are obviously intelligent than to represent their God. Does that make sense to you?

And who told you jesus is the only representation of God. What if I told you we are all representations of God? You think jesus was a better human than you? Jesus came to re-mind you of who you really who. He came to show you the way. Not ask to be worshipped...
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
^^^^

Yes it does. Thw\e worship of Gods is impossible without the ancient religious device called the idol. THe Idol helps us to concentrate our SPiritual ENergies and prayers onto one point. without idols , the mind goes astray and there is no real devotion involved. Let it be known that there is no true devotion involved in worshipping 'thin air'. We humans are materialistic in nature. We need to touch, sense, smell or see something b4 we entertain any feelings towards it.

jesus is a self-proclaimed son of God and man God. which is why he is not worthy to be used in worship. jesus did not remind me of anything. he didnt show me any way. instead he showed by fellow brethren the way of slavery to oyinbo.

by proclaiming himself son of God, he obviously eexpected everyone to worship him. but ofcourse he was a big-time fraud. he was not even original and stole his ideology from previous religions and alled it his own works. shameless man. *smh
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 11, 2012
^But the same Jesus also said we are gods! So that doesn't in any way contradicts his claims that he is the son of God, does iT?
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2012
I will choose 2..

No 1. looks like a victim of Aluu lynching..

2 Likes

Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
doubleDx: ^But the same Jesus also said we are gods! So that doesn't in any way contradicts his claims that he is the son of God, does iT?

then you xtians should start worshipping each other. go create a temple in your name and worship yourself. wink
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by Sweetnecta: 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
@Pagan 9ja:
by Sweetnecta: 7:46pm On Dec 10
neither.

i can give you tons of reasons, but you didn't ask for any, so. i am just saying. in case you are itching to now why the carving is disqualified.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN 9JA(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10
ôk give your reasons.
neither has power over all things. Neither gets what he/it wished, all the time. While one is human like me with weaknesses and limitations, starting point and definitely an ending point, your interest is completely your handmade. while you ignorantly and intentionally revere it, i can use it for a stool, a foot rest, a paper weight, a door support, a potted plant stand, a shoe rest, interestingly, i can list as many as i can imagine of its use to me because it is subjected to me. I have total control of it as i can of wood carving decoration [no decoration].

i can use it as what i tie an animal rope on. i can use it as log in winter fire to warm body. i can throw it in the garbage. it cant help itself. whatever i do to it, i have no concern that it will have any say so or that i can be helped or hurt by it.

in fact, i can debase it, including chopping it down, splitting it, throwing in the water, changing it form for other uses, including burying it deep and whatever i do with it, my God has given me dominion over it and it has no single dominion over me. It is me that has power over it and it has 0% power over nothing, except people of absolute ignorance who make what they created their creator.
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Pagan 9ja: neither has power over all things. Neither gets what he/it wished, all the time. While one is human like me with weaknesses and limitations, starting point and definitely an ending point, your interest is completely your handmade. while you ignorantly and intentionally revere it, i can use it for a stool, a foot rest, a paper weight, a door support, a potted plant stand, a shoe rest, interestingly, i can list as many as i can imagine of its use to me because it is subjected to me. I have total control of it as i can of wood carving decoration [no decoration].

i can use it as what i tie an animal rope on. i can use it as log in winter fire to warm body. i can throw it in the garbage. it cant help itself. whatever i do to it, i have no concern that it will have any say so or that i can be helped or hurt by it.

in fact, i can debase it, including chopping it down, splitting it, throwing in the water, changing it form for other uses, including burying it deep and whatever i do with it, my God has given me dominion over it and it has no single dominion over me. It is me that has power over it and it has 0% power over nothing, except people of absolute ignorance who make what they created their creator.

are you FOOOOOOOOL you are asking and giving me the same damn reason like greatgenius! angry angry angry angry
did i ask you what you other uses you can put the idol too if i give you a toothbrush, will you use it to clean your ear or your teeth? in the same if i give you an idol, will you use it as a paper weight or a religious article of worship? what a nincompoop! angry

here yours your reply:

PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^

Yes it does. The worship of Gods is impossible without the ancient religious device called the idol. THe Idol helps us to concentrate our SPiritual ENergies and prayers onto one point. without idols , the mind goes astray and there is no real devotion involved. Let it be known that there is no true devotion involved in worshipping 'thin air'. We humans are materialistic in nature. We need to touch, sense, smell or see something b4 we entertain any feelings towards it. Even the most fanatic of muslims sees an image of God in his mind while praying. it is just human nature and how it was meant to be. .

PAGAN 9JA:
^you misunderstand.. these are human representations of the God. my question is that if God had physical features, which one would be preferable

this is case scenario!
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 21, 2012
[size=28pt]NEITHER![/size]
Both are idol worship. cool
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 21, 2012
Viewing this topic: *Kails* and 1 guest(s)

Isn't that right? Tell 'em. It's idol worship.
fo0l.lol
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2012
Worship through idols is healthy. but it should have proper context and meaning.
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2012
you cant just go around worshiping statues representing man! angry
Re: Which One Looks God-like And Worthy Of Worship As An ALL POWERFUL GOD by tobechi20(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2012
No 2 is scary...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Sells Private Jets / Mansions Are Prepared For Us In Heaven / Please,who Knows Bishop Solomon Koleayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.