Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. (1044 Views)

See What Vitiligo Did To This Girl (same Sickness Micheal Jackson Had) / Vitiligo: How Do You Cope With It? / Vitiligo - Incurable Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. by luimartins: 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
A friend of mine, developed a condition where white patches appears on the body including the face. After visiting a demertologist, he was told its VITILIGO. He was subjected into some medication but the resultant effects were not noticed rather it keeps appearing. I personally researched on it even though I'm not a medical personnel. There I saw that its a condition always resulting from autoimmune where the brown pigments in the body are been lost.
This has affected the guy both psychologically because he feels that people isolates him or thought he can't take care of himself thats why he is having eczema.
Please friends, if you know how to correct this condition both with normal drugs or traditionally, your suggestion will put smile on somebody's face. Thanks for your positive contribution.
Re: Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
you cannot correct vitiligo. if you have one you will always have it. i think you can only try to prevent it to get bigger. your friend has to be very careful not to expose that part of his skin under the sun. he should treat it as his dermatologist told him, same goes for his eczema. i think eczema can also be reduced by using some essential oil if you get tired of cream, but i'm not sure which one, can ask my mom if you need more info.
Re: Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. by Nobody: 4:10am On Dec 11, 2012
Ditto what sweety said. There is no cure for it. There are "fixes" but they are not permanent and they can be costly and painful. My advice is to learn to accept the cosmetic issues. :/ and also like she said keep the areas protected in the sun. They are susceptible to burning easily.
Re: Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. by luimartins: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Thanks 4 ur comments... He uses meladinine solution to coat d surface but its just for a while. Pls Sweety, I'ill appreciate if u can get more from ur mum as u said. I still need more info abt it...
Re: Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 13, 2012
There is a website about vitiligo society in nigeria.

You could try simply using google.
Since it is autoimmune then he needs to watch how he thinks about it so the website may help.
Re: Vitiligo: Please Help A Brother. by luimartins: 7:01am On Dec 15, 2012
ok

(1) (Reply)

Cure For Bumps / Was HIV Virus Created To Reduce Human Population Especially In Africa? / Do You Know Quail Eggs Can Cure Many Dieseases?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.