Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. (11667 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by omenka(m): 4:32am On Dec 11, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday described the former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, as his political benefactor.

The President also called on the political class in the state to put aside their grievances in the collective interest of the state.

Alamieyeseigha was detained in London on charges of money laundering in September 2005. He escaped from the UK in December 2005. He pleaded guilty before a Nigerian court to six charges in July, 2007, and was sentenced to two years in prison on each charge.

Jonathan spoke at the Government House Castle, Yenagoa, while addressing leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party at a state caucus meeting convened by Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State.

Though the relevance of the meeting to the 2015 ambition of Jonathan was not clear, a statement by Dickson’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, described it as “an expanded caucus meeting of members of the party”.

The statement read, “President Jonathan who stressed that politics ought to be seen as tools for the development of the people and service to fatherland, said up until now, he could not fathom what went wrong during the last expanded caucus meeting of the PDP in the state.

“Describing Chief Alamieyeseigha as his benefactor in politics, the President called on the political class to learn to be supportive of one another and put aside their grievances in the collective interest of the state, rather than creating undue tension in the polity.”

Our correspondent gathered that part of the meeting, which was held behind closed doors, was part of moves by the governor to mobilise support for Jonathan and unite members of the party.

The statement, which was made available to our correspondent shortly after the meeting, said members of the party resolved unanimously that Jonathan should be the leader of the party in the state.

Before now, Dickson was regarded as the leader of the party in the state by virtue of his position as the governor.

The statement said Dickson moved the motion that Jonathan be made leader of the party in the state.

The motion was said to have been seconded by Alamieyeseigha and later adopted by about 28 members of the party’s caucus after a voice vote initiated by the Senator representing the state’s Central Senatorial District, Mr. Emmanuel Paulker.

The statement was, however, silent on members of the party, especially federal lawmakers, that attended the meeting.

Jonathan, who insisted that his former boss brought him into political limelight, thanked Dickson for convening the meeting and promised to attend subsequent meetings.

Jonathan described politics as a tool for the development of the state.

The President denied influencing the selection of candidates for the forthcoming local government elections.

“I don’t want to be in Abuja and be seen as influencing political contestants; I will not condescend to get myself in the selection of candidates, am not interested because it won’t be fair since leadership is all about hierarchy,” he said.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by omenka(m): 4:36am On Dec 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Blazay(m): 4:49am On Dec 11, 2012
Very gooooood!
Is Fasola not Tinubu's 'benefactor'? grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by okosodo: 6:11am On Dec 11, 2012
No wonder
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by fkaz(m): 6:22am On Dec 11, 2012
An Ex-convict is your benefactor no wonder you are corrupt.

13 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by cr8v(f): 6:24am On Dec 11, 2012
Some people think its merely goodluck that propelled our president from nothing to someting, from zero to hero, NO! There is something he understands: the principle of service and honor. He knew that for you to keep rising, a basic principle is never to bite the finger that fed you, or attack your boss. This was Atikus greatest undoing.

Now this wisdom is from the Bible: David never destroyed Saul his boss even though he was after his life. When he had opportunity to eliminate him, he still declined at the risk of his own life. Does that remind u of Mr. President? Even when Yaradua was as good as dead, GEJ never struggled for power nor fought Yaraduas family back. If we can all learn this Bible lesson we will never again loose any battle.

If you don't understand this principle, u will frfinitely be amomg those that will criticize Jonathan in this thread instead of learning from him

21 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by k2039: 6:41am On Dec 11, 2012
Show me your benefactor and I will tell you who you are.

Birds of a feather flock together.

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by omenka(m): 6:50am On Dec 11, 2012
k2039: Show me your benefactor and I will tell you who you are.

You'v said it all!!
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2012
Attack madman okupe will soon tell us alams was a political convict in the mould of mandela

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by ochukoccna: 7:52am On Dec 11, 2012

shocked grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by drnoel: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2012
Its only in Nigerian politics that it doesn't make a difference who ur benefactor is...

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by maasoap(m): 8:00am On Dec 11, 2012
Even when one still wants to keep hope alive, this kind of irresponsible and unfortunate statement could easily dampen one's spirit. GEJ has forgotten that even without Alamieyeseigha, he could have still reached where he was destined to reach.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 11, 2012
Alamieyeseigha your benefactor? Nigeria ti daru no ni! i said it before that our president actually smokes something which makes him yarn dust.he needs help ASAP.too bad!

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by collins123(m): 8:09am On Dec 11, 2012
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Nigeria dey burn!!!! Make una cone see smoke!!!! Where firefighters?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by dridowu: 8:10am On Dec 11, 2012
CORRUPT PDP, dy are full of Ex-Convict, i hate PDP. Alamieyiesiha ur benefactor, God pls save frm GEJ that surround himself with CORRUPT people and Ex-convict
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by omowolewa: 8:10am On Dec 11, 2012
I now understand!

Show me your friend and I tell you who you are.

Now I understand why corruption is being fertilzed passionately with political will.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Clerverly: 8:15am On Dec 11, 2012
cr8v: Some people think its merely goodluck that propelled our president from nothing to someting, from zero to hero, NO! There is something he understands: the principle of service and honor. He knew that for you to keep rising, a basic principle is never to bite the finger that fed you, or attack your boss. This was Atikus greatest undoing.

Now this wisdom is from the Bible: David never destroyed Saul his boss even though he was after his life. When he had opportunity to eliminate him, he still declined at the risk of his own life. Does that remind u of Mr. President? Even when Yaradua was as good as dead, GEJ never struggled for power nor fought Yaraduas family back. If we can all learn this Bible lesson we will never again loose any battle.

If you don't understand this principle, u will frfinitely be amomg those that will criticize Jonathan in this thread instead of learning from him
Sharraaap Ode lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Dpeacemaker101: 8:17am On Dec 11, 2012
cr8v: Some people think its merely goodluck that propelled our president from nothing to someting, from zero to hero, NO! There is something he understands: the principle of service and honor. He knew that for you to keep rising, a basic principle is never to bite the finger that fed you, or attack your boss. This was Atikus greatest undoing.

You have written well, my broda

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by greaterlove(m): 8:17am On Dec 11, 2012

You are really a wise one. If I may add, in robert greene's book the 48 laws of power, the first law states ' never outshine the master' goodluck understands that.

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by cyril83(m): 8:23am On Dec 11, 2012

spewing rubbishhh....GEJ never struggled for power after his boss passed away but later enthroned according to constitution but what brought about the 2015 ambition if he's not interested....pls don't just attach holy bible to nigeria politics,GEJ and d remaining politicians are all evil minded,no one knows the root of yaraduas death,we only blivd he died of illness

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Maxymilliano(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2012
Guess he meant political benefactor, and for him to declare it openly even when the meeting was supposed to be held behind 'closed door' shows a true sense of loyalty.

Saddam Hussein, Muammar Ghaddafi, Fidel Castro, Obasanjo, Tinubu et al are also benefactors to some people, it is a normal trend. I see no reason why Jonathan should be crucified over that.

3 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Afam4eva(m): 8:26am On Dec 11, 2012
In other parts of the world, public office holder try as much as possible not to be seen or be associated with criminals in order to to dent their image. But here in Nigeria, it's the other way around. Imagine our president calling Alams his benefactor and we expect Nigeria to move forward.

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 11, 2012
greaterlove:
You are really a wise one. If I may add, in robert greene's book the 48 laws of power, the first law states ' never outshine the master' goodluck understands that.

knowing alams past record, why cant the president keep it to himself? now we all know he prefers to hangout with confirmed criminals!

wise one in deed! bunch of m0rons!

3 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by hagma37yahoocom: 8:27am On Dec 11, 2012
Please wetin we go do to make a change in this country. Our leaders dont know what and what not to do.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by ignis: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2012

You just borrowed those words from my mind.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by abbeycial: 8:30am On Dec 11, 2012

chiken shit story...a thief as his benefactor?agreed dat d world is coming to an end but dat dosent mean we shld think lyk zombies.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by deelicious: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2012
U pple should stay here and be shouting. U can only talk about this because he said it out. Alams and his wife are always in Aso Rock, infact they virtually live there so this is not news to those who know. Only God knows where this comedy of a country is heading to with these leaders who have no sense of right and wrong.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Chanchit: 8:39am On Dec 11, 2012
And GEJ said he's fighting corruption, can you imprison your father after sending you to school with stolen money..? The mumu even open mouth to exalt the criminal, I just pity the people that would vote this weak vessel into power come 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Wsdm: 8:39am On Dec 11, 2012
Okay! Then start learning how to wear, canopy a.k.a. gelle, wrapper and every other cosmetics that depicts a very feminine look the reminiscent of ' your benefactor' when we throw you into kirikiri after your wasteful regime. ETHNIC BIGOT. You have soon forgotten about Obassanjo your chief Benefactor.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Kobojunkie: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2012
omenka: President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday described the former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, as his political benefactor.

The President also called on the political class in the state to put aside their grievances [size=14pt]and their criminal records[/size] in the collective interest of the state.

3 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2012
fkaz: An Ex-convict is your benefactor no wonder you are corrupt.
birds of the same feather fly together
Re: Alamieyeseigha Is My Benefactor~ Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2012
fkaz: An Ex-convict is your benefactor no wonder you are corrupt.
henhen King Jona, no wonder, birds of the same feather fly together

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICC May Issue Warrant On Boko-Haram / APC Has Not Zoned VP-Slot To SW / Atiku accuses Buhari of using govt resources for re-election campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.