Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) (42342 Views)

Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State / Migration Aware Presents An Interactive Session On Migration To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nna biko, iwe gi adina oku too much.. Anyi se cha okwu a, mu na gi ka bu Nwanne.. [/b]

Mmuo Okija, seriously --- You're pissing off a lot of people.

I have one question for your though, are you really biased when it comes to Imo state, or anything Igbo in general?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I really don't know about him having a general Igbo bias except that he's usually critical of anything Igbo. Though i know he has a negative bias for Owerri maybe because of Rochas or something else. I'm not sure. But i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Does he favor Peter Obi or any SE governor?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
nnenna.1:

Does he favor Peter Obi or any SE governor?
Not really but i've seen him curse out Owerri before especially Rochas. Though i don't really think he's big on the whole Igbo thingy.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
But why are you guys trying to cover with a finger the salient points in Okija_juju pictures? All he is saying that there is still a lot of work to be done by Rochas.

To me and every other fair minded person, that is a fair assessment, instead of you guys to commend the guy, you lot are busy crucifying the dude.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
nnenna.1:
I actually think Okija Juju is "biased" against igbo states in general, well- If "biased" is the right word to use.

His other picture thread comparing Calabar/Uyo vs rural Anambra comes clearly to mind.

You did the comparison not me...

I posted a picture of my own village sef on that thread... Did you see me showing you pictures of Sky scrappers and manicured lawns?!

Bia!! Onwe ife na eme gi na isi sef?! Should we be fighting if our states and villages look bad?! Shouldnt it be a call to arms against our leaders?!

I posted horrible pictures from the National Museum in Calabar on that thread.. I only take pictures of the places I pass.. Biko hapu'm aka.. Whats your problem.. I have asked if those photos were doctored?! If not then whats your fhucking problem? IMO state is dirty... Orlu looks like one big abandoned construction site.. All Rochas seems to be doing is building gates on every street in Imo state..

What you see here is what I saw... Nothing staged, nothing doctored..

If you are ashamed of these photos, take it up with Rochas.. He is the one fhucking you Imolites up the a~ss not me..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
In his defense - pretty much all Nigerian governors could do better.

However the patterns to his pictures and portrayals are rather....interesting.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
manny4life:

Mmuo Okija, seriously --- You're pissing off a lot of people.

I have one question for your though, are you really biased when it comes to Imo state, or anything Igbo in general?

Imo State .... Sort of..

Reason: My undiluted hatred for Rochas and his band of rather blind supporters (IMO).. It has nothing to do with Imo State folks.. This is purely Political..

Anambra State.. I am neutral.. I think Peter Obi is a big ball sack.. The roads I drove on from Onitsha to Akwa is enough to open a 5 page picture thread.. So horrible, I couldnt even hold the steering with one hand and take photos like I would normally do..

Abia.. Hmm.. Any Igbo man happy with the state of Abia in general should be caught and sacrificed to Arochukwu..

Ebonyi.... No comments

I am Igbo, I cant hate myself.. But if you expect me to come out and lie about what I saw when I visited these states.. I wont. Owerri as seen in those photos are what I saw when I went there.. Even if I didnt take pictures, if you visited yourself, you would still have seen same.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
I neither claimed that you doctored anything nor claimed that the pictures you are taking are giving false portrayals.

I was just trying to clear the air about whether this was an Imo/Rochas "bias" or not.

I'm not an imolite by the way.

Okija_juju:

You did the comparison not me...

I posted a picture of my own village sef on that thread... Did you see me showing you pictures of Sky scrappers and manicured lawns?!

Bia!! Onwe ife na eme gi na isi sef?! Should we be fighting if our states and villages look bad?! Shouldnt it be a call to arms against our leaders?!

I posted horrible pictures from the National Museum in Calabar on that thread.. I only take pictures of the places I pass.. Biko hapu'm aka.. Whats your problem.. I have asked if those photos were doctored?! If not then whats your fhucking problem? IMO state is dirty... Orlu looks like one big abandoned construction site.. All Rochas seems to be doing is building gates on every street in Imo state..

What you see here is what I saw... Nothing staged, nothing doctored..

If you are ashamed of these photos, take it up with Rochas.. He is the one fhucking you Imolites up the a~ss not me..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
Where I come from...only a good friend will tell you that your mouth stinks if truly it does...this guy is the most sensible Igbo guy on Nairaland ...quote me!

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
ilugunboy: Where I come from...only a good friend will tell you that your mouth stinks if truly it does...this guy is the most sensible Igbo guy on Nairaland ...quote me!
He's the most sensible because he gives you what you want, right? Maybe if someone shows us a rundown part of Abeokuta, i'll also say he's the most sensible Yoruba folk.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
nnenna.1:
I neither claimed that you doctored anything nor claimed that the pictures you are taking are giving false portrayals.

I was just trying to clear the air about whether this was an Imo/Rochas "bias" or not.

How is an undoctored photograph a false portrayal?!

Lets make a bet.. you fix the price.. I give you from today till sunday.. Take a camera, adjust the setting to show the dates on the pictures, go around Owerri, take pictures of these places I passed and show me something different.. then go to the places I missed and bring me photos as well..

If there is a clear difference, I will pay you the price we agreed.. If not, you pay me.. SIMPLE
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
Oh I see that Okija_Juju admits to an anti-Rochas bias.

My bad.

*exits thread*
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva:
He's the most sensible because he gives you what you want, right? Maybe if someone shows us a rundown part of Abeokuta, i'll also say he's the most sensible Yoruba folk.

As good as you are my only problem with you is that you never look at any issue dispassionately but with your thick tribal lenses.

2 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
You didn't read my post clearly as I made no such claim that you made a false portrayal.

This is mentally exhausting.

*waves goodbye to thread*

Okija_juju:

Lets make a bet.. you fix the price.. I give you from today till sunday.. Take a camera, adjust the setting to show the dates on the pictures, go around Owerri, take pictures of these places I passed and show me something different.. then go to the places I missed and bring me photos as well..

If there is a clear difference, I will pay you the price we agreed.. If not, you pay me.. SIMPLE
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
nnenna.1:
Oh I see that Okija_Juju admits to an anti-Rochas bias.

My bad.

*exits thread*

I am not necessarily anti-Rochas.. But I am definitely not one of those that have been bought over by his smooth talking..

That Nigga hasnt done shiit to warrant the accolades he is recieving..

Mind you.. I am not a politician, nethier do I work for the government in any way or form.. I am also not from Imo state...

Just an independent observer.. grin
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
ilugunboy:

As good as you are my only problem with you is that you never look at any issue dispassionately but with your thick tribal lenses.
Look at the mirror and tell me you don't qualify for what you accuse me of. I may not be the most objective person but i try as much as possible to be. Though i won't give up my tribal affiliation for anything.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
nnenna.1:
You didn't read my post clearly as I made no such claim that you made a false portrayal.

This is mentally exhausting.

*waves goodbye to thread*

The point is simple my dear.. These are photographs, not a novel..

I can lie in a novel, I can doctor a picture, but clearly these are not.. So even if I have my bias, it counts for nothing here as this is indeed how Owerri actually looked when I visited..

If I went into Owerri, defaced the place and took pictures of it, then we can talk about bias.. If Owerri were to be the 'mini-london' that Rochas and his band of merry praise singers claim, try as I might, I will still not be able to hide it..

My dear.. IMO state needs rescuing indeed.. And whatever Rochas is doing, clearly isnt working.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by cronsberg: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
DivideUs: and people de shout north this north that, i have been to sokoto, katsina, kano, kaduna and zamfara and apart from zamfara and some parts of kaduna (cos this yakowa guy is a disappointment) that i'll take on same level as your pictures, the remaining states are by far better than this owerri

no wonder with all the noise these igbos are everywhere down here even with BH

My thought exactly. My poor old Yola (Adamawa state capital) looks better than this dirty slum looking place called owerri.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Look at the mirror and tell me you don't qualify for what you accuse me of. I may not be the most objective person but i try as much as possible to be. Though i won't give up my tribal affiliation for anything.

Well...let leave this tirade for another time before we get accused of thread derailment..

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by abdulkayus(m): 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
ehispapa:
okija or what? you should be ashamed of yourself, next time dont go passing info of things you know nothing of. imagine the heartache for those of use that have not been to imo before. and some idiots have started comparing it with some backward states in the north that can only boast of fed govt roads. mtchewwwwww idiotic okija

and who is dis sayin dat all gud road in d North are FG road. My guy, FYI even in kano nw many FG roads its d state gov that is constructin it. Kano has a better good road and gud road network dan d entire SE road. I serve in Anambra and i knw hw horrible roads are in there. As Okija said, dat Onitsha Awka road is horrible horrible. Wenever i follow dat road instead of followin Abagana, Abatete road, i always hav headache and feel dissy cos of hw d road is.
Though am nt frm d North bt has been livin in d north for d pass 20 years, stop callin North backward, dey hav better tins dat south dont hav. Goad roads, affordable accomodation and schools includin higher inst, cheap food and low crime rate (b4 dis issue of BH).
CIAO.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ok...I couldn't resist stopping by again, hehe. But the last three posts before mine hint at the central message I was driving at.

Ciao!
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

I was in Owerri last weekend. I did not visit Orlu road and Alvan but I passed near all Season and I have the pictures on my tablet.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
manny4life:

Perhaps there's a disconnect from what Okija posted to what you're saying. Okija, let's hope you were not selectively biased o...

Dude.. I sat in a car.. Drove around a city for the first time... Took pictures and posted..

First they said its not Owerri.. Then they said I took pictures of gutters, then they said I was biased.. Then it they posted pictures that they said was Owerri, I proved them wrong as those pictures were old and lifted off a propaganda website, then they started posting pictures of Port-Harcourt, they were caught, then it was that I was biased... LIKE SERIOUSLY?!!!!

This is the result of a non performing government.. Why are they taking the thing so perosnal?! If they are embarassed, then they should speak to rochas...
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo:

I was in Owerri last weekend. I did not visit Orlu road and Alvan but I passed near all Season and I have the pictures on my tablet.

send me pix.. or better yet, post em here..

Its all part of our civic responsibility... grin
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by DrMuzungu(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
ilugunboy: there is still a lot of work to be done by Rochas

As far as I know, His Excellency sits in the office, while the works are done by the hard working people of Imo State.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
Dr Muzungu:

As far as I know, His Excellency sits in the office, while the works are done by the hard working people of Imo State.

Did you attend ALVAN IKOKU or IMSU?! grin grin grin
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dude.. I sat in a car.. Drove around a city for the first time... Took pictures and posted..

First they said its not Owerri.. Then they said I took pictures of gutters, then they said I was biased.. Then it they posted pictures that they said was Owerri, I proved them wrong as those pictures were old and lifted off a propaganda website, then they started posting pictures of Port-Harcourt, they were caught, then it was that I was biased... LIKE SERIOUSLY?!!!!

This is the result of a non performing government.. Why are they taking the thing so perosnal?! If they are embarassed, then they should speak to rochas...

Remove all the pictures you took inside that Federal college of education. You made it seem like you were driving on the streets of Owerri and again you labeled one as Imo State school while its Federal university of education. You can't go to UnIAbuja and snap inside the campus as Abuja. Show us the Alvan gate where the school meets the township opposite FMC. And my pictures are very recent.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
Dr Muzungu:

I honestly hope you are been sarcastic
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

send me pix.. or better yet, post em here..

Its all part of our civic responsibility... grin

These two pictures are from All seasons though not mine.

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Epiphany(m): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

@Okija - stop replying anyone that is harrassing you. Just post your pictures, make your comments and retire. I have long learnt that you can never satisfy everyone. If you had posted all beautiful pictures, people will come out and say you are lying and that you should post the 'real' pictures. Now that you have posted the 'real' pictures, people are complaing about the quality and so on.

Dude, you are getting a taste of what it is like to rule Nigerians - when in fact, you are only dealing with those from Owerri. Imagine if you have all the tribes and languages and religions arguing with you.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
Those pictures were taken by Okija_juju : FACT!

Those pictures are those of Owerri: FACT!

Those pictures were not doctored: FACT!

Those Pictures show that some parts of Owerri still suffer from lack of govt attention : FACT

Those pictures can help us tell the governor to work harder: FACT.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by OwerriOtokoto: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Is it the picture of the govt house dat u r showing us. are all the hotels still doing otokoto business[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad / Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.