Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,541 members, 7,955,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

Do Christians Really Have Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Really Have Faith? (763 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
The battle between atheism and christianity could be likened to the battle between fact and faith. Infact it is a battle between fact and faith.
As atheists our weapon is fact: we bring up historical evidence, reason, logic, science, every single thing we can all acknowledge to make theists understand our standpoint, and most times it is brought in full force.
Then it is the theists job to disagree, refute, derail, quote scriptures, threaten or insult while we do the same to them.
And so the bloody circle goes on and on.
And average day on nairaland religion section I'd say, with the advocates of fact versus the practitioners of faith.

But have u ever bothered to ask yourself this question, ''do christians actually have faith?''

''Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.''
Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the pillar of christianity, its very essence is dependent on the term ''faith''. Without that word there would be no belief in miracles, signs, wonders, resurrection. Without faith there would be no christianity.

And so I ask again ''do they have faith?''
This question started gaining form in my mind when I created the thread, ''be an atheist for 12 days''.

https://www.nairaland.com/1090890/atheist-twelve-days

The aim of this thread was that christians test themselves: their strength of character, confidence, zeal... It was for them to test their hold on their faith. I was honestly expecting atleast two to volunteer for the test. Surprisingly none did.
And what an irony it is that they would want me to be a christian my whole life when they cannot be like me for twelve days.
This really surprised me, that they were actually so weak and could only cover their weakness with a facade of silly excuses.

But I shrugged that off, didn't put much thought into it, atleast not until I created another thread originally titled: ''christians please pray for atheists, seriously''.

https://www.nairaland.com/1119106/two-days-left-christians-praying

And to be honest, the result I got left my lips as wide as a croc's.

In this thread, I made an attempt at making christians not test themselves this time around, but instead to test their faith: the value of their confidence, the life force of their religion.
But at the end of the day, I came to a conclusion: christians have no faith.
There isn't even one to test in the first place. There is absolutely no value in the term ''faith in god''. They always try to make it appear to be, but there is no such thing. Its all a phantom of the mind.
Not only is their spirituality and god a figment of the imagination, so is their faith in it.

In the battle of beliefs, where atheism has fact, christianity has absolutely nothing, just an imagined weapon called faith.

And so if there is anything that keeps them together, anything that holds them to their religion, anything that still makes them stubborn inspite of all u do, it's a disease called fear.
Its that knife at their throats, it paralyses them, clouds their reasoning, blocks their ears from the truth. The fear of hell, of the devil, of being ostracised, of mortality, of reality; the fear of everything, both real and imagined.

And so to conquer these myopic minds, to make them see the truth, we must first free them from the chains of fear which holds them down and kills their potential; we make them aware of the invalidity of their faith.

We must first break the walls before lighting the house.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by tpia1: 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
But I shrugged that off, didn't put much thought into it, atleast not until I created another thread originally titled: ''christians please pray for atheists, seriously''.

https://www.nairaland.com/1119106/two-days-left-christians-praying

sounds like you're really desperate.

just open a thread anywhere on nl, detailing your problem/s, and you'll definitely find someone somewhere who will pray for you.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
tpia1:

sounds like you're really desperate.

just open a thread anywhere on nl, detailing your problem/s, and you'll definitely find someone somewhere who will pray for you.

Lol! Like I said, it was all just a test. U didn't really think I was desperate for prayers now did u?
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by tpia1: 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
out of the abundance of the heart, the mind speaks.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
tpia1: out of the abundance of the heart, the mind speaks.

Sure it doescheesy
U know u think u are really smart. Out of all I wrote it was only a deceptive title of a thread I created u could pick.
Even though I later explained what I really did.

Its nice being trickish and cunny, but pls don't make it so obvious next time.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by tpia1: 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
a deceptive title of a thread I created

ok.

so, you created the thread to deceive people, and now you're complaining about what exactly?
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by tobechi74: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sincerely, u didnt want to change. U were makin mockery of d whole tin
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 12, 2012
Lol.....they will never test or question their "god" for the fear that he is a fake
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 12, 2012
tpia1:

ok.

so, you created the thread to deceive people, and now you're complaining about what exactly?

Like I said, don't make it so obvious that u're trying to be trickish.
I'didn't create the thread to deceive people, I actually wanted u to pray, didn't I?
U guys are the ones that chickened out.

The only deceptive part was the desperation of the title.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 12, 2012
tobechi74: Sincerely, u didnt want to change. U were makin mockery of d whole tin

I wasn't making mockery of anything.
Its your christian brothers that shamed ur religion with their lack of faith.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03: Lol.....they will never test or question their "god" for the fear that he is a fake

GBAM!
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Todaynatoday: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2012
@inurmind, you opened a thread asking people to pray that God should forcibly change you knowing fully well that you did not want any encounter with God . All i wanted was for you to truly have faith & believe that God could(He still can) change you because without faith it is impossible to please God. You need to have faith before my prayer can work for you.
Lemme give you a verse showing the power of faith (both the giver and the receiver must have faith)
Acts 14:8-10
New International Version (NIV)
In Lystra and Derbe
8 In Lystra there sat a man who was lame. He had been that way
from birth and had never walked.
9 He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at
him, saw that he had faith to be healed 10 and called out, “Stand up on your feet!” At that, the man
jumped up and began to walk.
If the man had no faith, he wouldn't have been healed. Now lemme give you another verse showing that lack of faith hinders God's work.
Mark 6:5-6
5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.
All you need is faith. I still believe that there is hope for you my friend.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2012
^^^
More stories.
How can I tell u to force me to do something. Does it even makes sense?
Please formulate another excuse, that one is way too lame.

More so I was just asking u to pray god reveals himself. There's a big difference between revelation and salvation.
I even had sciptures backing me.
So u really had no excuse, except fear.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Todaynatoday: 11:50am On Dec 12, 2012
inurmind: ^^^
More stories.
How can I tell u to force me to do something. Does it even makes sense?
Please formulate another excuse, that one is way too lame.
You have left the other part of my post showing what is required of you and frankly you are just being obstinate. You want God to reveal himself to you when you don't want to believe that He exists. What did I say about lack of faith?

More so I was just asking u to pray god reveals himself. There's a big difference between revelation and salvation.
You need faith on your own part (read my post above thoroughly). I have faith that God can reveal Himself to you if you open up to Him & if you stop being so obstinate.
I even had sciptures backing me.
So u really had no excuse, except fear.
Scriptures backing you up? What you posted had nothing to do with your request. I still believe that He will reveal Himself to you if you have faith and believe. Stop being so obstinate.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by manmustwac(m): 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03: Lol.....they will never test or question their "god" for the fear that he is a fake
its not easy for the masses to give up on the sweet opium u know.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by AtheistD(m): 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
Some have faith but this faith is more a delusion than true faith.

Why are xtians so scared of everything they have to run like rats to every pastor or prophet to help or pray for them.

The xtians who have faith are those that put their life at risk for no physical gain in order to worship their God. A lt of Xtians in the north who still attend services with the risk of being blown up have faith.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
@today please lets stop going round circles like in the previous thread okay?

Pls read 1 kings:18.
I am not asking for salvation but for a revelation.
The people on the mount did not need faith to get the sign.
It was elijah that needed it.
Even the lay man by the pool did not need faith to receive his healing, it was jesus that needed it.
Mary and martha did not need faith for lazarus to resurrect, it was jesus that needed it.

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEEDS THE FAITH FOR IT TO HAPPEN, NOT ME.

PLEASE DO NOT LET ME TEACH YOU ABOUT UR BIBLE.

I AM ASKING FOR A REVELATION NOT SALVATION.

IT IS FOR SALVATION THAT ONE NEEDS FAITH, NOT REVELATION.

IF U CANNOT DO IT THEN JUST FREE ME ALREADY.

I AM REALLY TIRED OF SPELLING THE SAME THING TO U OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
Atheist:-D:
Some have faith but this faith is more a delusion than true faith.

Why are xtians so scared of everything they have to run like rats to every pastor or prophet to help or pray for them.

The xtians who have faith are those that put their life at risk for no physical gain in order to worship their God. A lt of Xtians in the north who still attend services with the risk of being blown up have faith.

Good point.
Not alot of those christians on nairaland I guess.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Todaynatoday: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
inurmind: @today please lets stop going round circles like in the previous thread okay?

Pls read 1 kings:18.
I am not asking for salvation but for a revelation.
A revelation and then what? Stop being so obstinate and accept that even you will need faith for a revelation.

The people on the mount did not need faith to get the sign.
It was elijah that needed it.
Elijah went there to prove that God is superior to baal(at the end of the challenge, the people confessed that Yahweh is the one true God) He did not go there to ask God to reveal Himself to atheists(for this, you will need faith).
Even the lay man by the pool did not need faith to receive his healing, it was jesus that needed it.
Wrong! The man also had faith and believed.
John 5:5-9
5 One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.
6 When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in
this condition for a long time, he
asked him, “Do you want to get
well?”
7 “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool
when the water is stirred. While I
am trying to get in, someone else
goes down ahead of me.
” 8 Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” 9 At once the man was cured; he picked
up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place
was a Sabbath
do you think if that man had your mindset, he would have stood up when Jesus commanded him? I'm sure that if it were you, a "revelation" is what you would have asked for instead.
Mary and martha did not need faith for lazarus to resurrect, it was jesus that needed it.
Wrong again! They both had faith
John 11:21-22
21 “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died.
22 But I know that even now God will give you
whatever you ask.”
Martha had mighty faith that If Jesus had come earlier, Lazarus would not have died, then she went on to say that she believed Jesus can raise him up. What about Mary?
John 11:28-32
28 After she had said this, she went back and called her sister
Mary aside. “The Teacher is here,”

she said, “and is asking for you.”
29 When Mary heard this, she got up quickly and went to him. 30 Now Jesus had not yet entered the
village, but was still at the place
where Martha had met him.

31 When the Jews who had been with Mary in the house, comforting
her, noticed how quickly she got up
and went out, they followed her,
supposing she was going to the
tomb to mourn there.

32 When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she
fell at his feet and said, “Lord,
if
you had been here, my brother
would not have died.”

You see? She heard thatJesus was around and ran to meet him. She did not sit down there waiting for a revelation and she also believed that if Jesus were around, Lazarus would not have died. What does that tell you? Faith!!!
YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEEDS THE FAITH FOR IT TO HAPPEN, NOT ME.

PLEASE DO NOT LET ME TEACH YOU ABOUT UR BIBLE.

I AM ASKING FOR A REVELATION NOT SALVATION.

IT IS FOR SALVATION THAT ONE NEEDS FAITH, NOT REVELATION.

IF U CANNOT DO IT THEN JUST FREE ME ALREADY.

I AM REALLY TIRED OF SPELLING THE SAME THING TO U OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Bros, I hope I have been able to convince you that all you need is Faith! Stop being obstinate.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 13, 2012
^^^U know what, no problem.
If ur definition of faith is to sit down all day, and when u are asked if u want healing, u start complaining about life, then I have no problem with that.

If ur definition of faith is to sart complaining when u see ur healer instead of selflessly believing then I have no problem with that.

If ur definition of faith is to give silly excuses when asked that ur god prove himself, then I have absolutely no problem with that.
Now I understand why u are so cowardly.

If ur god cannot prove that he is superior to those lifeless idols people bow down to then thats ur piece of cake not mine.
As far as anyone studying u is concerned, u are faithless.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Todaynatoday: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2012
^^^^^ Since you have become "twisting tiger"; Twisting my words just shows that you clearly lack understanding of the scriptures. I showed you in all your "examples" that faith(from both parties involved) is needed but you deliberately choose not to understand. As for my faithlessness, I say a big thank you; I've got nothing to prove to you or any atheist (Baba God know say i get faith wey no dey shake) because When you are truly ready for God, you'll understand what you need to do. Goodbye & stay blessed.
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
Well goodbyes and stay blesseds to u too.cheesy

#padlocks thread and goes home humming ''everyone considered him the coward of the county''#
Re: Do Christians Really Have Faith? by Dibangoking(m): 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
inurmind: ^^^U know what, no problem.
If ur definition of faith is to sit down all day, and when u are asked if u want healing, u start complaining about life, then I have no problem with that.

If ur definition of faith is to sart complaining when u see ur healer instead of selflessly believing then I have no problem with that.

If ur definition of faith is to give silly excuses when asked that ur god prove himself, then I have absolutely no problem with that.
Now I understand why u are so cowardly.

If ur god cannot prove that he is superior to those lifeless idols people bow down to then thats ur piece of cake not mine.
As far as anyone studying u is concerned, u are faithless.
eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh......"inurmind" just every in the religious sector on nl.......well you never cease to amuse me.....lemme laugh in ibibio tkwas keiassss lekus arg arg agg afg....

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To That Good Old Christmas Cheer? / Christians Don't Like Jesus / I Know Some Of You Will Gnore This".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.