Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council (23323 Views)

7 Types Of Corper Teachers You'll Meet In A School / NYSC Members Cause Of Mass Examination Failure In Nigeria - Teachers Council / Is NYSC Batch B List Out In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Super1759: 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
[b]this man doesn't know what he is saying. What does it take a graduate to teach and impact knowledge to the younger ones.
I bet you,corpers are more versatile academically than the so called trained teachers.
He can only say,they should be under supervision and given courses related to their course. When I served, I taught 3 subjects- maths,physics and computer in the school. The maths teacher, gave up in teaching when he heard a corper is around,I handled the classes because I know what am doing...even the students prefered corpers teaching them than the old teachers.
They supervised my work often( they had the best result in physics and maths that year).

Another point is most corpers are not even qualified to be called graduates, so when they enter class, what will they teach?
(I remember the corper lady teaching biology will just copy textbook on the board for them and ask them to read it up,any confusion you meet her for explanation) Nysc won't ask corpers how they graduated and how many years they stayed,they just post. I think the main thing is taking note the capability of the corpers and supervising their work[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by slap1(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
Are the teachers any better? What's the ratio of corpers to teachers in the schools that should make the corpers culpable for the failure?

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by crackhouse(m): 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
some of these corpers don't even know anything letalone the one to teach somebarry. what will somebarry that manage to memorise and pass exams teach? is the ones he/she have forgotten? damn!!.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by salafiyy: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
...EVEN THOSE WHO ARE GRADUATE IN EDUCATION ARE SAME, IS IT NOT NIGERIA EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM?...THE SYSTEM IS DEAD...
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Raxxye(m): 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Student: Are you our new English teacher?
Teacher: Yes, I are

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Diamonddamsel: 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your contribution.I served in a Village for many of the public schools in the rural area its d corpers that even teach.The permanent teachers just sit under the tree and chat and eat thats even when they come to school at all.Some teachers cant even speak English.So saying the corpers make students fail is amazing.They would even fail more without them in the rural areas.
Ibidapson: Flimsy excuse! What has bn teacher contribution anytime corpers are posted to dre skuls? Laziness.....in d absence of corpers,how many classes/students are engaged?
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by omiobo: 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Very true. I'm a corper and i know everything he's saying is correct. We don't have teaching background and you expect us to impact what we don't have. Its impossible. I'm a civil engineer wasting my precious time teaching JSS classes. Only in nija

Civil engineer, didn't you pass through Jss? you can't take Jss on any subject? It's big shame to you and whole Nigeria. What does it takes you to take up their materials and read with the help of google,I think you should be able to teach more than their teachers that does not have access to google.
Na wa o! But you can woo a secondary school girl with big ikebe and man united

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Samabu07(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
Teachers pushing unnecessary blames. If the teachers were to be adequate would they be any elapses in the first case? Mtcheww.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by jaymichael(m): 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
tunji2003: dont't mind those useless old teachers who rely on old teaching methods majority of them can't use the internet for research and some of them still use old textbooks like abott to teach physics
what do you know about education? its not so much about the teaching method or teaching aid, a lot has to do with the curriculum. the curriculum needs to be reviewed and upgraded regularly by the government. the curriculum informs what will be imparted on the students and the teaching aid and method to be employed.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Omuha(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
It isn't particularly true. I served in a school in Ondo state & my SS3 students had just taken their last school exams b4 Waec when I got there,so I had to mark their scripts as my first assignment in the school.Only 1 student passed the chemistry course.I added 20marks or thereabout so a good number of them won't go home with F9.Waec didn't do this & only 2 passed chemistry.I trained the SS1 students so well I wished we went for a competition so I could show off,but we never had the chance. I kept in contact with them & nearly all of them did very well in their chemistry(Waec),because they had a solid foundation. There is nothing a corp member can do to SS3 students preparing for Waec.Its like teaching an old dog new tricks.

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Teacher dey blame corpers,corpers dey blame teachers wey no teach dem well well for school b4 dem graduate.
Na case of gabbage in,gabbage out.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by nezpablo: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Truth be said,only trainedw teachers shld teach in schools. However, mass failure is nt caused by corpers only bt by unqualified/lazy teachers. I thought english during my service year. I read mass comm and i impacted well. Those students still call me though we may nt see again.They call me coz they can't forget me. But, i inherited poor students who can barely write a composition,hardly speak correctly.If they fail,is it d fault of corpers? Or the teachers in d school? So d fault is nt corpers per se bt our education institution.

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by newmaonza: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
nifemi01:
I am studying electrical electronics engineering and if there is any EE engineer out there who can't teach further maths, his certificate should be seized n he should be sent back to school.
Maths is an extensive part of engineering, when i say maths i don't mean 2+2 but real further mathematics.
If at all he can't teach, it should be becos he has no teaching skill and not because he doesn't know or umderstand further maths.

Guy try teaching an Art or Commercial Student the concept of minus-1 or negative numbers and you will Know Teaching is a heck of a job( Just because you Know doesn't mean You can impact that Knowledge Credibly ).... Guy people train for years to become teachers, some even to the Phd level...... i thank God People with respect for this Vocation are Speaking up

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by pappyt(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
And who tel u dt som1 who read elect/elect canot teach further maths? Is nt al educatn student dt r gud.infact majority of dem knws nofin
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by anitank(f): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
All i do is give my students note to copy, if they like they should not read. i go to school only once a week if am in a good mood. How can u post corpers to a public school and say u wont pay them a penny? How would u encourage them to teach students?

The Laziness on the so called teachers' parts is not even something i want to go into. They dont do anything, anything at all. All they do is gossip, eat, gossip, eat again, ask u the kind of phone u're using, where they can buy ur type of hangbag, shoe bla bla bla bla........ They should wait for me to come and do their jobs for them. Nonsense!!!
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Iaz93: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
ujchief:
Now i understand what the teachers council is complaining about.
Lmao!
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by pappyt(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
C u,wat is dir in teachin. Only u canot form a lesson plane. Can't?u teach ur brother a physics in way 2 let him pass?
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by 3direct: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Teacher on low payroll, why won't they blame corper
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by tayooluwole: 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
total fallacy... Both d teachers nd d students themselves re d contributors of thier own faliure. Corpers re to teach nd nt to force any student to read, students re expected to compliment wht they re being tought by reading. Bt reverse is d case going by d current reality. Any rational corper will never accept any subject he/she can not handle. So if a corper dat sturdied accointing is handling civic educatn dat means he/she can handle it nd dat is y he/she accept d responsibility. Teachers should check themselvs nd thier students nd nt posing any otios blame on corpers again... Confirm ni oooooo....corpers weeeeeeeeeeee

4 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Exponental(m): 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
What do u expect? Graduates in villages without basic amenities.
Do u expect them 2 give their best? Moreso d best could be so annoying to give when d environment is not conducive and d students are bunch of dullards.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by anitank(f): 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
pappyt :
And who tel u dt som1 who read elect/elect canot teach further maths? Is nt al educatn student dt r gud.infact majority of dem knws nofin
Not everybody can do it my dear. To know futher maths is one thing, to be able to pass the knowledge to a student is another thing. Not everyone has that skill.

My corper colleague who studied Biochemistry was asked to teach Chemistry but he vehemently disagreed saying that he struggled to pass his chemistry courses during his university days, and u cant blame him giving our university standards. He told them they either let him teach Biology or the students will fail woefully in their exams

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by jhydebaba(m): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
Yet another national disgrace. cry
On the part of the teachers' council, they are just looking for a cheap recognition. What has been their contribution so far to Nigeria's education system I am quite sure the northern branch will not be in support of this shyte.
I served in the North, I know what is obtainable there: teachers sitting under the tree, chatting their lives out.
I schooled in the south where teachers turned classrooms to shopping complex to displayed their wares.
So, what are we talking about
NYSC demand an apology for this, but wait, if not public schools where will NYSC post the ever increasing jobless corp members

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by vislabraye(m): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
They are just looking for scape goats. As if they can bare all the work load.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by pappyt(m): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
Can't u go n study? Haba
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by xcitedjay(m): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
It's the lackadaisical attitude of the teacher themselves that causes this failure. In addition to the various evil and fraud being perpetuated by those in the Teaching council.

There are not even enough teachers in these schools and the man is saying it's the corpers who are forced to teach as much as 3 subjects without pay that is causing the failure. Did the man just walk out of a mental institution?

Let NYSC stop posting corpers to school abeg, let them be seeing money to chop at the expense of the students' deteriorating condition. As if corpers even want to be posted to schools.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Cmanforall: 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
[/quote]
jamesbridget13: thats very correct, am a serving corp member now,studied mass communication n been asked 2 teach english, told d sch authority i cant take d oral aspect but they insisted i still handle d subject, i prefered social studies, crk or govt but i wasn't given. I ll like 2 point that most permanent staffs re not serious in d public schools.
jamesbridget13: thats very correct, am a serving corp member now,studied mass communication n been asked 2 teach english, told d sch authority i cant take d oral aspect but they insisted i still handle d subject, i prefered social studies, crk or govt but i wasn't given. I ll like 2 point that most permanent staffs re not serious in d public schools.

Permanent staffs?

Honestly, U shdn't teach English at all... even for nursery sch.
I now agree wit d post.... Corpers are contributing to sec sch failures

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by jaymichael(m): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Super1759: [b]this man doesn't know what he is saying. What does it take a graduate to teach and impact knowledge to the younger ones.
I bet you,corpers are more versatile academically than the so called trained teachers.
He can only say,they should be under supervision and given courses related to their course. When I served, I taught 3 subjects- maths,physics and computer in the school. The maths teacher, gave up in teaching when he heard a corper is around,I handled the classes because I know what am doing...even the students prefered corpers teaching them than the old teachers.
They supervised my work often( they had the best result in physics and maths that year).

Another point is most corpers are not even qualified to be called graduate, so when they enter class, what will they teach?
(I remember the corper lady teaching biology will just copy textbook on the board for them and ask them to read it up,any confusion you meet her for explanation) Nysc won't ask corpers how they graduated and how many years they stayed,they just post. I think the main thing is taking note the capability of the corpers and supervising their work[/b]
mastery of the subject matter is just one aspect of the quality of a good teacher. you may have mastered a particular subject matter, but stating a flawed behavioral(expected change in learners), or where they are properly stated, the proper evaluation technique to be employed, to measure if behavioral objectives have been achieved. it is only a person properly trained in education that can be able to achieve this in line with the national policy on education set by the government.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by kinnad(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
ferdimako:

You teach too?! Trouble dey oh.
plz make me undrstand ur point
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by bbpreye2: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
That explains the useless system we have in Nigeria, that have no respect for the Engineering profession. That's why we are so backward in technology. Have you heard of a graduate lawyer or doctor that is doing his/her NYSC being sent to teach in our schools? They are sent to the hospitals or the judiciary, while we the engineers are sent to schools to teach, after being given half-baked lectures from very old and useless lecturers, especially the ones in the east that will come to class and start speaking igbo language as if he is in his village!!!! Dammm!

I wonder what NSE and COREN are doing about this!

Enough is enough!

If you are an Engineer, LIKE this POST!

GBAM!

10 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by CohenJane: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
solomon111: Any graduate Engineer that can't teach further-mathematics is a fraud.

This is not true. In maths, we call this type of argument necessary but not sufficient. It may be necessary for an Engineer to know Further Maths, but not sufficient to teach it, they are two different things entirely.

The fact that you know something may not be a sufficient and neccessary ground for you to be able to teach it.

People that teaches further maths are those that studied Maths Education

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by siaindeed: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
Nigeria's education system is zero. NYSC is a major stakeholder that facilitates mass failure, and if nothing is corrected from its end, we must not blame any corper for his/her part in ds development.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Bj5all(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Very true. I'm a corper and i know everything he's saying is correct. We don't have teaching background and you expect us to impact what we don't have. Its impossible. I'm a civil engineer wasting my precious time teaching JSS classes. Only in nija
POINT OF CORRECTION, DONT USE 'WE' WHEN TALKING ABOUNT URSELF, INSTEAD USE 'I'. mean no insult

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Long Does NYSC Online Redeployment Take / Delta State Let's Meet Here. A15 / Kazaure & Corpers Condole With Family Of Yusuf Bomoi, Late NYSC Director-General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.