Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria (6424 Views)

Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister / Akpabio Offered INEC Commissioner In Akwa Ibom With N2.5billion - APC / Jonathan Swears In New INEC Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 7:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
Two party system is the best for tribal country like Nigeria....
With federalism we don't need 36state
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by Teejayphillip(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
Nah dem saabi.. If dem lik make dem suggest 300parties...

Surely paddy paddy tins go stil dey involve...

All am craving for is a BETA NIGERIA 4 US N OUR OFFSPRING
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by muktarmtt(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
DANILSA: PAPAS DECEIVING PEOPLE(PDP) ASIWAJU COMPANY OF NIGERIA (ACN) ALL PEOPLE GULPING ALLIANCE (APGA) CRIMINAL PEOPLES CONGRESS(CPC) ALL NIGERIA POLITICAL PROBLEM(ANPP) cry cry cry ALL THIEVING PARTIES
wat up u funk ass
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
Would that be a solution to Nigeria problem?
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
2 parties would have been ok! NRC & SDP
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by EbiJUNIRO(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
so lets see and know doze PARTIES ni coolso lets see and know doze PARTIES ni
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by jdoss: 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard, Someone in his position should not be spouting this nonsense. What he should be saying is we should have X number of Major parties. INEC should then make it more difficult to get listed on the ballot. It should be based on the amount of demonstrable grass-root support you can muster. Something along the lines of getting X% of registered voters to endorse your candidacy in whatever election you are looking to produce a candidate. Ultimately, you should get the electorate to identify themselves with a political party. This way, the need to demonstrate support every election cycle will not be necessary. Only new parties will have to go through the stress.

I should have the right to run under whatever banner I want for what ever position I want, as long as I can show that I will get some support. I should not have to deal with the politics of someone else's political party.

1 Like

Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by smartg(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
I love this idea. beside, how can a country of 36 states have too many number of political parties, hw do u conduct all those parties during election nd why won't there be fraud during the election. I support they shd reduce the number to 5 parties atleast for the starting nd latter they can reduce it to 3 parties only
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
Its time INEC review and get rid of many political parties, but 5 is not enough, lets leave room for more merging of ideals. I suggest 10.
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by Saksreal(f): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Such a thing will never happen in Nigeria. What will become of those one-state party?

I dont see how the ruling party in Ondo, LP will join forces with ACN or PDP. What about APGA and the likes that controls a vast majority in a particular state
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by Mustymohd2: 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
cheesycheesy:Dy not 2
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by Smooyis(m): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
2 party system is d most ideal inorder to avoid tribal alignment
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by omarky(m): 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
DANILSA: PAPAS DECEIVING PEOPLE(PDP) ASIWAJU COMPANY OF NIGERIA (ACN) ALL PEOPLE GULPING ALLIANCE (APGA) CRIMINAL PEOPLES CONGRESS(CPC) ALL NIGERIA POLITICAL PROBLEM(ANPP) cry cry cry ALL THIEVING PARTIES

ANPP got me amazed
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by lafuria1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
what have we benefitted from operating 50 party systems, any body that wont even get a single vote will wakeup, register a party, for what
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:59am On Dec 13, 2012
2 will be the best.
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by mdadam: 7:26am On Dec 13, 2012
d lesser d number of political parties, d more effective d opposition.
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by Kemzy4real(f): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2012
........Well, 5 parties system as proposed could be a welcome development; however, I feel they could be hijacked by PDP at the long run.
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by homosapien(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2012
I think the problem with Nigeria has to do with low political culture and apathetical attiude of Nigerian wen it come to pol-participation. Either multi-parties, 5parties, or two parties nothin wil change unless we the citizens are ready to take the bull by the horn and call our respective representatives to order.
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by seyibrown(f): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
Kemzy4real: ........Well, 5 parties system as proposed could be a welcome development; however, I feel they could be hijacked by PDP at the long run.

All the 5 parties will be hijacked by the current same of polithievians that have been in circulation for years! Fresh blood who want change will have no chance as the godfathers will be in charge of who gets selected for elections! This 5 party campaign is an attempt to keep the old cult in government.
Re: INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria by ojnnaco(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
Nigeria is good in suggestions.... When it comes to execution nobody will have d strength to implement it cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Train Fares From Port-harcourt To South-east Stations / Breaking: Aba Residents Paint Biafra All Over The Streets / PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.