Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? (1956 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / Why Is UK So Expensive??? / Why Is UK Visa So Expensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? by baby124: 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why are the tickets double or triple the price this December? shocked

This unfair pricing of airlines has to stop. Nigeria will lose a lot economically this December because of their greed.

Front page please! All those that feel my pain this December, please contribute.
Re: Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? by SapeleDon: 12:52am On Dec 13, 2012
The truth my brother is that Nigeria has the hottest route in the world and since we have a none existence Govt the Airlines fixes the price as they want it,and know Nigerians will but it.

There is nothing an average Nigerian can do, as average Nigerians cannot fight this monopoly and this is where the Nigerian government Air regulatory body comes into play.

The Aviation minister tried in her little ways to sanitize it but one phone call to Aso Rock,who in turn call her to change or reverse her stance has been affecting us.

Until we have a Govt that can bark and bite then these armtwisting airlines will continue taking us for granted.
Re: Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? by baby124: 3:02am On Dec 13, 2012
Ah it is really painful. I asked a chinese and the ticket to China is even 2times less this december than the ticket to Nigeria.China is a lot farther than Nigeria. This is too bad. Only a retard will spend that much money to a criminally risky environment like Nigeria. Right now the finance minister's mother is kidnapped. Not exactly a perfect picture of vacation friendly. Arik, the so called national carrier started this heavy price fixing and other airlines followed. I think arik should be fined and asked to offer refund to people who bought tickets for prices that were clearly unfair. So should others. I have never seen the prices this high. It is very outrageous.
Re: Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? by chaotik(m): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2012
#word

china is too far . . . imagine a trip to jand doubled and all flight promo ended while in ghana just next door . . . the promo goes on till the end of the year with proper publicity

naija is just a joke . . . d free coupons r bin sold by agencies and all

rocking naija for realer . . . wait till jan ending or better still easter, and book like a month or 6 weeks earlier

if its business . . . then u gotta make d trip @ all means
Re: Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? by baby124: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
chaotik: #word

china is too far . . . imagine a trip to jand doubled and all flight promo ended while in ghana just next door . . . the promo goes on till the end of the year with proper publicity

naija is just a joke . . . d free coupons r bin sold by agencies and all

rocking naija for realer . . . wait till jan ending or better still easter, and book like a month or 6 weeks earlier

if its business . . . then u gotta make d trip @ all means

I agree all the cheap tickets were bought or sold (Arik) to agents. I thought the idea of online shopping was to cut out the middle man. Not everyone wants to use an agent. Arik, the supposed national carrier increased prices online by tripled the regular december price, so other airlines doubled and feel they are cheaper. This naija is just becoming a trash country. How can the people in the aviation claim they don't see this unfair pricing. It affects their economy, and most people won't come home this december. Prices are so inflated by this travel agent menace. Wtf.
Re: Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? by omega25red(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
demand > supply = increase in price

(1) (Reply)

Garki District, Abuja – A Simple Intro / I'm Always Scared To Visit Nigeria! / USA: I Need Help On How To Live And Work In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.