Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males (17071 Views)

Is The Sun Really Attracted To Black Shirts More Than Any Other Colour? / Dolphins Attracted To Pregnant Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Researchers discovered a tropical male fish that becomes more attractive to females when it displays homosexual behaviour.

Scientists believe homosexuality is widespread throughout the animal kingdom. But it can be puzzling since males that prefer same sex relations father fewer offspring than their heterosexual counterparts.

Research has shown the female Atlantic molly (Poecilia mexicana) prefer mating partners whom they saw having sex with a female - a phenomenon called mate copying.

This also occurred when males interacted sexually with another male, according to the findings published in Biology Letters.

Male fish can therefore increase their attractiveness towards females by displaying homosexual behaviour and thereby improve their chances of future heterosexual mating, the scientists believe.

David Bierbach, of the University of Frankfurt, and colleagues said this new mechanism might explain the occurrence and persistence of homosexuality also in other animal species.

The researchers said: "Male homosexual behaviour - although found across the animal kingdom - remains a conundrum, as same-sex mating should decrease male reproductive fitness.

"In most species, however, males that engage in same-sex sexual behaviour also mate with females, and in theory, same-sex mating could even increase male reproductive fitness if males improve their chances of future heterosexual mating.

"Females regularly use social information to choose a mate; e.g. male attractiveness increases after a male has interacted sexually with a female (mate choice copying).

"Here, we demonstrate that males of the tropical freshwater fish Poecilia mexicana increase their attractiveness to females not only by opposite-sex, but likewise, through same-sex interactions.

"Hence, direct benefits for males of exhibiting homosexual behaviour may help explain its occurrence and persistence in species in which females rely on mate choice copying as one component of mate quality assessment."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9739257/Female-fish-attracted-to-males-that-exhibit-gay-behaviour.html
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2012
Even my cat is a fagg>t lipsrsealed
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by salam001(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
Wow,i thought its only in human being,GAY FISH?!!
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by miteolu(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
Lofu wa tin tin
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
This post has being seized by Seun.

1 Like

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by slap1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
Just how useful is this discovery?

1 Like

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Teejayphillip(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
nothing way we no go see or hear....
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Sagamite(m): 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
akinzeb: Researchers discovered a tropical male fish that becomes more attractive to females when it displays homosexual behaviour.

Scientists believe homosexuality is widespread throughout the animal kingdom. But it can be puzzling since males that prefer same sex relations father fewer offspring than their heterosexual counterparts.

Research has shown the female Atlantic molly (Poecilia mexicana) prefer mating partners whom they saw having sex with a female - a phenomenon called mate copying.

This also occurred when males interacted sexually with another male, according to the findings published in Biology Letters.

Male fish can therefore increase their attractiveness towards females by displaying homosexual behaviour and thereby improve their chances of future heterosexual mating, the scientists believe.

David Bierbach, of the University of Frankfurt, and colleagues said this new mechanism might explain the occurrence and persistence of homosexuality also in other animal species.

The researchers said: "Male homosexual behaviour - although found across the animal kingdom - remains a conundrum, as same-sex mating should decrease male reproductive fitness.

"In most species, however, males that engage in same-sex sexual behaviour also mate with females, and in theory, same-sex mating could even increase male reproductive fitness if males improve their chances of future heterosexual mating.

"Females regularly use social information to choose a mate; e.g. male attractiveness increases after a male has interacted sexually with a female (mate choice copying).

"Here, we demonstrate that males of the tropical freshwater fish Poecilia mexicana increase their attractiveness to females not only by opposite-sex, but likewise, through same-sex interactions.

"Hence, direct benefits for males of exhibiting homosexual behaviour may help explain its occurrence and persistence in species in which females rely on mate choice copying as one component of mate quality assessment."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9739257/Female-fish-attracted-to-males-that-exhibit-gay-behaviour.html

This is the kind of misinformation we get that leads to some moorons who think they are enlightened, progressive, liberal, intellectual and open-minded start screaming "there are gay animals".

The article and the newspaper state "gay behaviour" the OP called it "gay males".

First stage: Lack of comprehension.
Second stage: Misinformation of others.
Third stage: Misinformed fucktards screaming "You are a bigot, there are gay animals. Scientific research has shown it".

7 Likes

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Evans4O: 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Terrible things are happening these days
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2012

Good.

Thank God he mentioned this. Before some idiots come here and start justifying homosexual behaviour in humans because they saw animals acting like homosexuals.
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
fellis:

Good.

Thank God he mentioned this. Before some idiots come here and start justifying homosexual behaviour in humans because they saw animals acting like homosexuals.

What is your beef with gay peeps?
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sagamite:

This is the kind of misinformation we get that leads to some moorons whow think they are enlightened, progressive, liberal, intellectual and open-minded start screaming "there are gay animals".

The article and the newspaper state "gay behaviour" the OP called it "gay males".

Lord person, wassap?
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Sagamite(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

This is one of the fucktards that scream there are gay animals!

2 Likes

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sagamite:

This is one of the fucktards that scream there are gay animals!

Nope. That is a weak defense.
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

I don't have any beef with them.

I just think homosexuality is abnormal and everyone should acknowledge this instead of pretending that it is normal.
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by ochukoccna: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Despite all the advances oyinbo peeps have bequeathed the planet, you wonder how they think at times
SMH at the article
Oyinbo man jus looking or another way to justify his deviant sexual behaviour
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by collins123(m): 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
This user is too hungry to comment!

Wetin omo boy go chop?
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Sagamite(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
Logicboy03:
Nope. That is a weak defense.

Will you use that moronic defense again?
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by bknight: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
Bullsht! angry I'm suspicious of this mumu research.
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by nagoma(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
And cannibals will use the same excuse. "even fish eat other fish" Nonsense Savages & their heritage!

3 Likes

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by paranorman(m): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
fellis:

I just think homosexuality is abnormal and everyone should acknowledge this instead of pretending that it is normal.
wel written. Homosexuality's a sin. That dude might b gay.

1 Like

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
Another move to convince us that gayism is natural and not perverted,clap for urself Freak.
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by afroxyz: 2:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
Gays are animals. Simple as that. I don't care abonput your opinion. For all I care, this articles is fabricated. There is a lot of misinformation going on. An agenda to 'dumb down' the population. Beware

1 Like

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
slap1: Just how useful is this discovery?
just to give credence that dan daudu is normal that even animals dei do, why not humans! Sickos propaganda!
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Ilekokonit: 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
Wonders shall never end. Imagine eating "Fried Gay Fish". Yuk.

1 Like

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Fkforyou(m): 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
Here we go again,dis freaks trying to justify their silly behaviour,I doubt this research 100%,even if it is true does that mean they would want to emulate fishes,I thought we were suppose to be higher in everything including reasoning..and to all u gay peeps,I think u guys have fish mentality so mayb u guys have fish br***...lol k dat waz a joke,am sorry if I offend anyone...lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Tolexander: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
ise eniyan ni ise eranko. Human's act is animals act
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
fellis:

I just think homosexuality is abnormal and everyone should
acknowledge this instead of pretending that it is normal.
_
Wait, fellis,, lemme get this straight: You Think, and therefore Everybody Should Accept? Like, seriously? Are you fuckin' kidding me?? Wow!!!!!
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by ceospecial(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
angry eNd Time! Give ur life to Jesus! Gbagaun!
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Sagamite(m): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
ceospecial: angry eNd Time! Give ur life to Jesus! Gbagaun!

And people like you have been saying that for hundreds of years.

And people like you will continue to say that for hundreds of years more to come. grin

Quite stewpid really. undecided
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
Wait, fellis,, lemme get this straight: You Think, and therefore Everybody Should Accept? Like, seriously? Are you fuckin' kidding me?? Wow!!!!!

Sorry, my grammer was not correct.

What I meant to say was homosexuality IS abnormal and everyone should accept that fact.
Re: Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
My christian pipu, do you think the gay fishes will burn in hell too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) / Fuelless Generator Or Free Energy Generator / Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.