Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10905948 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:57am On Feb 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:58am On Feb 04, 2016
I guess the witches and wizards are the ones bringing it down? smiley

Some people will definitely learn the hard way.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2016
debeey87:
OANDO ENERGY RESOURCES MAILS NOTICE OF MEETING AND MANAGEMENT
INFORMATION CIRCULAR REGARDING TRANSACTION WITH
OANDO PLC TO ACQUIRE OER MINORITY SHARES
CALGARY, ALBERTA, FEBRUARY 3, 2016 - Oando Energy Resources Inc. (“OER” or
the “Company”) (TSX: OER) today announced that it has filed on SEDAR and is mailing
a Notice of Meeting and Management Information Circular (the “Circular”) in respect
of a special meeting of shareholders (the “Meeting”) scheduled to be held on February
25, 2016 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The documents present the reasons for the unanimous recommendation from OER’s
Board of Directors that shareholders vote IN FAVOUR of a special resolution (the
“Special Resolution”) to approve a proposed plan of arrangement (the
“Arrangement”) with Oando PLC and Oando E&P Holdings Limited (the “Purchaser”).
As announced on December 22, 2015, pursuant to the Arrangement, the Purchaser
will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of OER (the “Common
Shares”).
The record date (the “Record Date”) for shareholders entitled to attend and vote at
the Meeting has been set at January 19, 2016. The Meeting will be held at the offices
of Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, 885 W Georgia St., Suite 2200, Vancouver, British
Columbia, V6C 3E8 at 10:00 (Vancouver Time) on Thursday, February 25, 2016.
As part of this transaction, the Company has notified the TSX and applied for the
delisting of the Common Shares upon completion of the Arrangement. In addition, in
accordance with Section 720 of the TSX Company Manual, the Company has applied
to voluntarily delist the common share purchase warrants issued by the Company (the
“Warrants”) from the facilities of the TSX upon completion of the Arrangement and
an exemption from the requirement for security holder approval of such delisting is
available pursuant Section 604(f) of the TSX Company Manual because Oando PLC
holds more than 90% of the Common Shares.
- 2 -
Shareholders are recommended to vote IN FAVOUR of the Special Resolution. All
Shareholders of record as at the close of business on the Record Date are entitled to
vote at the Meeting. Shareholders who are the registered holders of Common Shares
directly in their names and hold certificates representing their Common Shares should
cast their votes no later than 10:00 a.m. (Vancouver Time) on Tuesday, February 23,
2016. Shareholders who are not registered as the holders of their Common Shares
but hold their Common Shares through a broker, custodian, nominee or other
intermediary should cast their votes no later than 10:00 a.m. (Vancouver Time) on
Monday, February 22, 2016. Further information on voting, including specific details
of how to vote, can be found in the Circular.
Completion of the Arrangement, including the delisting of the Common Shares and
Warrants from the facilities of the TSX, will be subject to, among other things, approval
by the syndicate of lenders in OER's US$450 million senior secured facility.

[b]My question is " What are common shares?" and how does this help Oando cos they are encouraging sharholders to vote in FAVOUR of the sales and delisting of the common share.
What are the possible implications?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2016
Born2berich:
What is going on in wema bank? Over 2billion traded...Are they cross trades?

AMCON finally divested. But my problem with NSE is that there are not much information in the public glare. The regulators have to wake up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:03am On Feb 04, 2016
rebekah2011:

AMCON finally divested. But my problem with NSE is that there are not much information in the public glare. The regulators have to wake up.
Thanks for the info..but seriously, investors are left in the dark.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 04, 2016
i don waka from seplat and zenith bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2016
veecovee:
Anything wrong with fcmb, of recent?
Dont worry, the market markers will keep this stock afloat.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 04, 2016
rebekah2011:

please explai this and the implication.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:20am On Feb 04, 2016
FO please fall!!! Haba angry angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 11:27am On Feb 04, 2016
please what is going on with wemabank.. 2billions traded between few hours
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2016
Born2berich:
FO please fall!!! Haba angry angry
any news here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
mercylicious:

please explai this and the implication.

http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=27253&catid=25. We have to know who is buying. There has been unshrouded rumour that it the same set of people that owns Skye, Heritage and Wema. Likelihood of merger in future.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
wapic BOD approve dividend payment in audited result. dividend is
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2016
Diamond @ N1.00
FCMB @ N0.55k

I dey wait smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
9free:
Diamond @ N1.00
FCMB @ N0.55k

I dey wait smiley smiley
Bros, you harsh ooo..No be N0.75k junction again? grin grin grin Make them no call you winch o.

Sharpens my cutlass.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Born2berich:
Bros, you harsh ooo..No be N0.75k junction again? grin grin grin Make them no call you winch o.

Sharpens my cutlass.
Bros, with this bloodletting I dey see for market, I had to readjust my entry point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
House, I need advice pls...

Okomu oil at N29 or Unilever at N30... Short term maximum 3 months?

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Thanks

If you are looking at short term, my opinion is none of the above.

Unilever may be good for mid to long term (>6 months) but I think it will be best to buy it in the selloff that will happen just after they release their FY 15 result. (I expect another poor result from them)!

I remain neutral on Okomu for now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
9free:
Diamond @ N1.00
FCMB @ N0.55k

I dey wait smiley smiley

Born2berich:
Sharpens my cutlass.

9free go soon join hold plenty cash for hand without getting anything to buy like his brothers locodemy continuing adjusting zenith price till missing. he day gentle now
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Agbalowomeri:

They guy no get portfolio na

he get the one he day carry go school

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
megainvest:

If you are looking at short term, my opinion is none of the above.

Unilever may be good for mid to long term (>6 months) but I think it will be best to buy it in the selloff that will happen just after they release their FY 15 result. (I expect another poor result from them)!

I remain neutral on Okomu for now.

Thanks! This sounds like good advice... Was wondering why they presently appear undervalued
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Thanks

I will advise Okomu. But you can also consider Nestle or Wapco. They are reliable and very rewarding... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
currentprice:

9free go soon join hold plenty cash for hand without getting anything to buy like his brothers locodemy continuing adjusting zenith price till missing. he day gentle now
grin
No mind Oga 9free....Abi you no knw say na ijebu man e be. grin ...The guy like things were cheap wella. grin grin

If not for the strong market makers were dey fcmb, e for no funny at all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
Coolcash1:

I will advise Okomu. But you can also consider Nestle or Wapco. They are reliable and very rewarding... grin

I am currently holding WAPCO... entered at N81.5 so do not want to be heavily exposed there.

But will take another look at NESTLE.

Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
debeey87:
OANDO ENERGY RESOURCES MAILS NOTICE OF MEETING AND MANAGEMENT
INFORMATION CIRCULAR REGARDING TRANSACTION WITH
OANDO PLC TO ACQUIRE OER MINORITY SHARES
CALGARY, ALBERTA, FEBRUARY 3, 2016 - Oando Energy Resources Inc. (“OER” or
the “Company”) (TSX: OER) today announced that it has filed on SEDAR and is mailing
a Notice of Meeting and Management Information Circular (the “Circular”) in respect
of a special meeting of shareholders (the “Meeting”) scheduled to be held on February
25, 2016 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The documents present the reasons for the unanimous recommendation from OER’s
Board of Directors that shareholders vote IN FAVOUR of a special resolution (the
“Special Resolution”) to approve a proposed plan of arrangement (the
“Arrangement”) with Oando PLC and Oando E&P Holdings Limited (the “Purchaser”).
As announced on December 22, 2015, pursuant to the Arrangement, the Purchaser
will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of OER (the “Common
Shares”).

Hehehe, Oga Born2berich this wan no be discharging pattern by OER so? Abi I no understand the context of this post? Dem wan buy shareholders off abi wetin? I hope the next in line will not be OANDO. This one na pure share reconstruction dem go do.

[b]My question is " What are common shares?" and how does this help Oando cos they are encouraging sharholders to vote in FAVOUR of the sales and delisting of the common share.

Common shares are ordinary shares. They are different from preference shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Just to inform the house that almost all banks have commence the E DSS registration
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
9free:
Diamond @ N1.00
FCMB @ N0.55k

I dey wait smiley smiley

I dey with u for FCMB @N0.55, plus Zenith @N8.00, and GTB @N12.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Elai147:

Hehehe, Oga Born2berich this wan no be discharging pattern by OER so? Abi I no understand the context of this post? Dem wan buy shareholders off abi wetin? I hope the next in line will not be OANDO. This one na pure share reconstruction dem go do.

Common shares are ordinary shares. They are different from preference shares.
Exactly what they want to do. The parent company (oando) want to use style wipe out the ordinary shareholders. Thats why nothing for now will make me buy this cursed stock, they fit wipe out minority shareholders anytime.. Any news from oando, if not positive result, i dey pass am by..
The documents present the reasons for the unanimous recommendation from OER’s Board of Directors that shareholders vote IN FAVOUR of a special resolution (the “Special Resolution”) to approve a proposed plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) with Oando PLC and Oando E&P Holdings Limited (the “Purchaser”). As announced on December 22, 2015, pursuant to the Arrangement, the Purchaser will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of OER (the “Common Shares”).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
rebekah2011:

http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=27253&catid=25. We have to know who is buying. There has been unshrouded rumour that it the same set of people that owns Skye, Heritage and Wema. Likelihood of merger in future.

That's the big question. If Skye can't raise capital as planned, merger is the only way out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Elai147:

I dey with u for FCMB @N0.55, plus Zenith @N8.00, and GTB @N12.00
cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
currentprice:

grin

Bros, where I see the plenty cash sef? Na the tesere upfront wey my employer give me I wan invest.
Na this kind time I dey wish say make them pay me upfront wey go reach just one-tenth of wetin you, B2bR, Mercyllicious, lancee or oga Elai dey collect. But I dey grateful for the tesere one wey I get.
The young shall grow.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BuchyD, Hogwarthtrades, phemmie06(m), ucvin, Willie2015 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.