Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10867850 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iyb(m): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
Transcorp God dey see u why you dey play with boys na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
iyb:
Transcorp God dey see u why you dey play with boys na

I warn una before una put head for there... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by willyede(m): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
Intendy:

bro pls no need for this.
he has right to his views don't curse anyone.
edit your post
Fully agree with you on this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iyb(m): 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
feelamong:

N1.50K dividend only....kai!
embarassed embarassed even ucap try far better than julius berger
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
@all

Can share price go below one kobo? If no, what will happen if the share price of a coy trades at 1 kobo and has the propensity to still decline?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
rationalmind:
@all

Can share price go below one kobo? If no, what will happen if the share price of a coy trades at 1 kobo and has the propensity to still decline?

At the moment, share price of listed companies on the NSE, cannot drop below 50k.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2016
rationalmind:
@all

I hope u are not eyeing all those 50 kobo shares in d exchange!!!! U better add ssppeeedd to ur legs

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
ufotty2001:
thanks... be like say people no like dividend again ooooohhhh

poor economy outlook outweighs any dividend yield or any good fundamentals.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 11:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
Coolcash1:

At today's closing price of N156, div yield is 4.61%...This is too low. Not enough to trigger bull trap.
You are calculating dividend yield. A company that made a decline YoY in their PAT, yet still paid a dividend more than they paid in FY2014..

That's what you call: Blue Chip

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
jarkbauer:
what is DD
Due Diligence my oga, is it correct?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:33am On Mar 30, 2016
avoid taking losses personal.

#tough
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:37am On Mar 30, 2016
Intendy:

bro pls no need for this.
he has right to his views don't curse anyone.
edit your post

That's the major reason you see alot of families cant raise a head from generation to generation rather they subconsciously kept burying their destiny at every slightest opportunity.

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:24am On Mar 30, 2016
jarkbauer:

God will give you what you wish for others. If you wish hardship for your fellow men, then prepared for one too

"And if I don't lose that job bear in mind that you will never ever amount to meaningful thing in life as long as the heaven and earth remains"

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 30, 2016
holm:

At the moment, share price of listed companies on the NSE, cannot drop below 50k.

Ooh, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 30, 2016
Krisuba:

I hope u are not eyeing all those 50 kobo shares in d exchange!!!! U better add ssppeeedd to ur legs

You know it just occurred to me they may be the safest option for newbies like myself while we study the market and learn.

Since share price cannot go below 50K, only two things can happen. Either my invested money remains the same or I make profit should the share price increase.

Or is there something I'm missing? Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 6:41am On Mar 30, 2016
Huz, have been observing some flaws with Morgan capital...... for the past two weeks my portfolio has not been updated as before after close of trading for a day..... have to be sending mails b4 its resolve. did some trading yestaday, but till this morning notin is reflecting in my online account..... No sales n buy contracts sent as usual
pls has any oda morgan capital clients observe this? kindly response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 6:48am On Mar 30, 2016
rationalmind:

You know it just occurred to me they may be the safest option for newbies like myself while we study the market and learn.

Since share price cannot go below 50K, only two things can happen. Either my invested money remains the same or I make profit should the share price increase.

Lol experience is always the best teacher. If the stock market was this easy all of us would be billionaires. I'm sure there are BNSITL that will be very glad so sell their japaul, prestige and IEI to you grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 6:55am On Mar 30, 2016
rationalmind:

Lol. It's not something you are missing, it's everything.

Buying at 0.50kobo in itself does not mean your carrying cost is 0.50, it might be 0.52 - 0.53 depending on transaction charges, and a stock at 0.50 means it's very illiquid and would be difficult to cash out till whenever or never.

You should instead go for Penny stocks; like:
Transcorp
FCMB
Wema (Support your gf. Lol)
Skye

et al.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 7:08am On Mar 30, 2016
Hopefully we'll get to see Fidelity's numbers today or tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:14am On Mar 30, 2016
ufotty2001:
at this price 1.15k transcorp will offer a dividend of 0.05 .. @ the price of 1.15k diamond bank will offer a dividend of 0.08k .. which is better.. despite profit warning grin grin grin

If the above scenario plays out and all other things/potentials remain as they are, I'll prefer Transcorp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:18am On Mar 30, 2016
PETERiCHY:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/power-scarcity-fuel-scarcity/

This just the beginning.

Well some continue to gamble with their hard earn money under the gov't of lies and propaganda.

While some of us keep waiting patiently for USD @ N1000 junction.

*ThE OcToPuS*

If USD gets to #1000, in all honesty, will you not shift your junction upwards?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:22am On Mar 30, 2016
ItGeek:
hello BNSITL, what will be the impact of Naira devaluation on the stock market.

Portfolio devaluation. Everything denominated in naira will lose value. Your stocks, bank acct balance, naira at hand, naira bonds, etc.

But all in all, we have no place to call home (modified: except heaven)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 7:22am On Mar 30, 2016
davide470:
You are calculating dividend yield. A company that made a decline YoY in their PAT, yet still paid a dividend more than they paid in FY2014..

I have warned before... don't buy downstream oil companies except it is JIJO (of which you may be stuck)...

Their 2015 and 2016 were and will be brutal because of lack of FX to import from CBN plus Kachikwu's Price Modulation...

Look at that 2015 Financials again and minus the other income (rental income amount)...

Tell me your answer when you get it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2016
duni04:

Lol experience is always the best teacher. If the stock market was this easy all of us would be billionaires. I'm sure there are BNSITL that will be very glad so sell their japaul, prestige and IEI to you grin

No longer interested grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 7:24am On Mar 30, 2016
rationalmind:

You are not missing anything... but if you must buy one of those, make sure it is very liquid i.e, regularly traded if not you money can be stuck for donkey years when you are ready to sell and there is no buyer.

Also you have to watch for the SEC's pronouncements because anyday they remove the floor you can bet that your N0.50k will turn to N0.01k (See Unity Bank for more details)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2016
duni04:
Hopefully we'll get to see Fidelity's numbers today or tomorrow.

Ah.. You are still waiting for Fide? grin grin grin

Nna, anybody that has not posted year end by today is not a serious somebody.

I have re-positioned my portfolio for Q1 and beyond...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2016
davide470:

Please, let's be careful what we say. A decline in PAT, all other things(like one-off investments, write-offs, provisioning, etc) factored in is a weightier measure of a company's performance than dividend payout.
Don't concentrate on the carrot and miss the bigger picture.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:30am On Mar 30, 2016
davide470:

and what made it totally different from access bank that "claimed" to make extra profit compared to last year and still reduced dividend.
if PAT had reduced in access case,there wouldn't have been a problem
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:33am On Mar 30, 2016
PETERiCHY:

That's the major reason you see alot of families cant raise a head from generation to generation rather they subconsciously kept burying their destiny at every slightest opportunity.

*ThE OcToPuS*
this has ended.you didn't need this also.
haba
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:35am On Mar 30, 2016
rationalmind:

check international energy insurance.
share outstanding history.you'll get a clearer picture
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:39am On Mar 30, 2016
rationalmind:

Bro, there are things you are missing.

A stock at "NSE car park" of 50k means that the market does not believe it is worth more that 50k. However because NSE rules say stock prices cannot drop below 0.50k, no one knows the actual value of the stocks, which most likely should be below 50k. So, in the real sense of it, the market is saying that those stocks are overvalued at 50k and so there are usually many people willing to sell but few people willing to buy.
Many stocks at the car park are experiencing challenges like loss-making businesses, declines in profits, etc.
It could get worse if they don't overcome those challenges and they have to fold up.

However, there are those who overcome the challenges and are experiencing a turn around. If you must investment in 50k stocks, look out for these ones and please when you find any, do let us know. I, personally, am interested.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ORAGBON(m): 7:53am On Mar 30, 2016
Intendy:

check international energy insurance.
share outstanding history.you'll get a clearer picture
I have Guinea insurance, STACO and Equity Insurance for 7 years plus, bought them BTW N3 & N5+, been trying to sell for over a year now@N0.50k.
pls don't go there!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.