Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,082 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10921659 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) ... (7766) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
rebekah2011:

It is a reward strategy to retain their best and performing staff. Good as this may sound, what are the criteria to qualify for this and I hope the MD and the Board are not part of those that will benefit from this scheme. 517m shares to be doled out to employees within 3 years period is just too much. These guys already have plenty reward system in place. I was talking to a friend that works with zenith today. They just slashed their salaries while ACCESS just increased theirs. We need to see the list of those that will benefit from this scheme.

You are absolutely right, l hope Nigerian managers and bankers will not abuse it. Oando did similar thing about 5 years ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
manie:

Sir you need to read more on stock option as a means of compensation and share buy back.

I am not a stranger to standard stock option but this is proxy share buy back which is smarter on their part.But those staffs will never own the shares as stipulated in the article.They are playing smart but I just hope is good for market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Raider76:
7m shares of gtb traded in one transaction. Are the FIs here?

I thought am d only one noticing gtb movt. Any inside info will b appreciated. What's up grin grin angry grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

So instead of compensating their staff with money they are giving them shares. undecided
Why not give them the option to choose between shares and real money. grin

These are well known games played over and over again.
You can't get anything free from any Nigerian Bank.

They are enjoying both worlds, earning salaries that are a bit higher than industry average and also allocating over 500 million shares of Access Bank to the workers. Every qualified member of staff should have an average of about 500k units of shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
angelo82:

I am not a stranger to standard stock option but this is proxy share buy back which is smarter on their part.But those staffs will never own the shares as stipulated in the article.They are playing smart but I just hope is good for market.
I stand to be corrected, this is not a share buy back, this will lead to dilution of the shares.

Every shareholder want his/her company to do share buy back. A buy back leads to cancellation of the issued shares, most cases you will find out that EPS rises geometrically after a share buy back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
manie:
I stand to be corrected, this is not a share buy back, this will lead to dilution of the shares.

Every shareholder want his/her company to do share buy back.

They bought all those shares from the floor with different prices if you don't know.I got information about something like that from an insider last year and I shared it here.Even share buy back in Nigeria must be approved by the exchange and also publicized but this is more like a cover up for reduction of dividend payout.500 Million plus is too much to be bought in this circumstances except there is no rule stopping them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
nereiskc:

I thought am d only one noticing gtb movt. Any inside info will b appreciated. What's up grin grin >sad grin
They declared 25k Div, payment date is around 5,7 of September...not sure.closure date is around ending of August hence the mad rush.
Disclosure: I jumped out at N24.13k bought at N15.67k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
angelo82:

They bought all those shares from the floor with different prices if you don't know.I got information about something like that from an insider last year and I shared it here.

That is great, can you please share the link to that transactions. A share buy back is never done in secrecy, SEC and NSE must also approve it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
nereiskc:

I thought am d only one noticing gtb movt. Any inside info will b appreciated. What's up grin grin angry grin

Na only GT Bank dey naija ni , what is happening to other Ist tier banks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
manie:

They are enjoying both worlds, earning salaries that are a bit higher than industry average and also allocating over 500 million shares of Access Bank to the workers. Every qualified member of staff should have an average of about 500k units of shares.

Wow are you sure of the 500k unit.

At what point can the beneficial member of staff sale their units?

Got a feeling they want to control the volatility of access bank shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
manie:

That is great, can you please share the link to that transactions. A share buy back is never done in secrecy, SEC and NSE must also approve it.

The bank also reveals that it “sets aside an amount not exceeding five (5) per cent of the aggregate emoluments of the Bank’s employees in each financial year to purchase shares of the Bank from the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange for the purpose of the plan.”

The bank allocated an additional 318,927,997 to its shareholders during the year bringing the total allocation to about 517,753,801. The bank also disclosed that 42,599,105 have a vesting period that will expire in 2016, whilst 160,866,573 and 314,288,123 have vesting periods that will expire in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

According to this definition, Vesting periods are defined as the period of time before shares are owned unconditionally by an employee in an employee stock option plan. If his/her employment terminates before this period ends, the company can buy back the shares at their original price.

For example, for the vesting period expiring in 2016, it means employees who have been allocated the shares will earn in by the end of the year provided that they remain as employees of the bank. They can leave the bank after the vesting period and still retain ownership of the shares.

At the current share price of N5.6 the shares are worth about N2.8 billion. The bank recognizes the average price of the shares at N5.95 based on when it purchased it. About 209.5 shares was purchased at about N7.5 while another 318.9 was purchased at about N4.8, 10.7 million was purchased at N6.4 naira per share.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Oga is it advisable to JIJO with GTB when it reaches the BUS STOP?

I couldn't sell my GTB for the past one month, cus' i fear it might be difficult to jump in if jump out now.

My oga the question is when is the last bus stop?

truth is that I sold some stocks yesterday including GTB @ #25.75 ( bought all my gtb @ #13 charges inclusives)with no regret and for some purposes.

I rarely sell stocks but I will definitely buy lower.be it 2,3 months from now I don't mind.

all man for him self God for us all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
angelo82:

The bank also reveals that it “sets aside an amount not exceeding five (5) per cent of the aggregate emoluments of the Bank’s employees in each financial year to purchase shares of the Bank from the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange for the purpose of the plan.”

The bank allocated an additional 318,927,997 to its shareholders during the year bringing the total allocation to about 517,753,801. The bank also disclosed that 42,599,105 have a vesting period that will expire in 2016, whilst 160,866,573 and 314,288,123 have vesting periods that will expire in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

According to this definition, Vesting periods are defined as the period of time before shares are owned unconditionally by an employee in an employee stock option plan. If his/her employment terminates before this period ends, the company can buy back the shares at their original price.

For example, for the vesting period expiring in 2016, it means employees who have been allocated the shares will earn in by the end of the year provided that they remain as employees of the bank. They can leave the bank after the vesting period and still retain ownership of the shares.

At the current share price of N5.6 the shares are worth about N2.8 billion. The bank recognizes the average price of the shares at N5.95 based on when it purchased it. About 209.5 shares was purchased at about N7.5 while another 318.9 was purchased at about N4.8, 10.7 million was purchased at N6.4 naira per share.

That is not a share buy back, a share buy back MUST lead to the cancellation of the bought share. I can't see any reduction in the share capital of the company in the last 4 years.

I guess management tried to secure the financial future of her employees by buying shares of the company for them at ridiculously cheap prices.
I just believe top management did not cross or sell their own shares to the employees. A friend who worked was made to take a car loan and must buy from the company of one of the directors.

The scenarios described above is not a share option, shares are allocated based on certain conditions that are to be made and the company does not pay nor buy on the floor for such transactions and incentives.

There is a whole lot of difference between employees and top management buying their company's shares and share buy back.

Share buy back is done by the company on behalf of the company and the shareholders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Intendy:

My oga the question is when is the last bus stop?

truth is that I sold some stocks yesterday including GTB @ #25.75 ( bought all my gtb @ #13 charges inclusives)with no regret and for some purposes.

I rarely sell stocks but I will definitely buy lower.be it 2,3 months from now I don't mind.

all man for him self God for us all.

I entered between N16 and N17.

But selling has been really emotional, because this stock keep rising.

Will be watching till it gets to the But stop.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

I entered between N16 and N17.

But selling has been really emotional, because this stock keep rising.

Will be watching till it gets to the But stop.
I don't always like to fall in love with any stock. The moment I made the required target price on any stock, I sell immediately, bfor the stock price changes its mind and start retreating.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by qmd24(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
sirflav:
The first officially launched platform in Nigeria was the “Meritrade” powered by Meristem Securities Limited on March 5, 2014, followed by “LeadTrader” from Lead Securities & Investment Ltd on April 8, 2014.

Subsequently in the same year, other online platforms like “i-Trade” from MorganCapital Securities, “Bancorp e-Trade” from Capital Bancorp Plc, “InvestNow” from UBA Capital and “Afrinvestor” from Afrinvest Securities Ltd hit the Nigerian Capital Market Space for trading activities.

Other online portal have since caught up to the trend and we currently have in the market platforms such as “Easytrade” from InvestmentOne; “Mytradebook” from Greenwich Trust Ltd; “WSTC eTrader” from WSTC Financial Services; “APTeTrade” from APT Securities Ltd; “GTIOn-line Trader” from GTI Securities; “TRW E-Trader” from TRW Stockbrokers; “Cordros TradeButton” from Cordros Capital and “ARM Stocktrade” from ARM Securities Limited.

-culled from Proshareng

Please which of these are very reliable and EFFICIENT? .

I am very new to stock trading.
I would like to buy low and penny stocks for about 3 months.

Which good stock options are on the table?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
kolaish:
I don't always like to fall in love with any stock. The moment I made the required target price on any stock, I sell immediately, bfor the stock price changes its mind and start retreating.

It's not about falling in love with the stock.

I have a philosophy of buying stocks at the bottom, and selling when it get to the ceiling.

If i sell @N25 and it gets to N28 it will very difficult to enter, except it get below N25.

With stocks like GTB patience is the key.

The petrol behind this stock will soon finish.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
manie:

That is not a share buy back, a share buy back MUST lead to the cancellation of the bought share. I can't see any reduction in the share capital of the company in the last 4 years.

I guess management tried to secure the financial future of her employees by buying shares of the company for them at ridiculously cheap prices.
I just believe top management did not cross or sell their own shares to the employees. A friend who worked was made to take a car loan and must buy from the company of one of the directors.

The scenarios described above is not a share option, shares are allocated based on certain conditions that are to be made and the company does not pay nor buy on the floor for such transactions and incentives.

There is a whole lot of difference between employees and top management buying their company's shares and share buy back.

Share buy back is done by the company on behalf of the company and the shareholders.

I have told you several times that this is not a standard share buy back but whatever you call it they are obviously buying their own shares for a reason but differ from the one stated in the result.My own point is that this is one of those fraud in Nigeria banking sector,those workers are just proxies and they won't get a dime from those shares.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
Of all the possible sanctions CBN could have employed, they chose to put further pressure on the naira by stopping banks from accessing Forex! Sometimes you will begin to wonder if these guys think at all or if they are deliberately sabotaging the economy! Anyway, make I go change my dollar!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
megainvest:
Of all the possible sanctions CBN could have employed, they chose to put further pressure on the naira by stopping banks from accessing Forex! Sometimes you will begin to wonder if these guys think at all or if they are deliberately sabotaging the economy! Anyway, make I go change my dollar!

Emefeile might be sabotaging the economy on behalf of Jonathan/Ngozi because his ways of doing things in terms of policies is completely unprofessional.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
megainvest:

Its so unfortunate that PMB is a slow man and surrounded by economic illiterates and sabotuers which he has failed to realize.

I have said it severally that Emefiele and Adeosun don't know jack about salvaging this country from current economic downturn as such should be sacked and replaced with sound home grown economists...

I just hope it won't be too late for PMB before realising his mistakes...

With the continuous withdrawal of public funds from the banking sector coupled with lull in the economy, collapse of the sector might just be around the corner..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
Coolcash1:

Its so unfortunate that PMB is a slow man and surrounded by economic illiterates and sabotuers which he has failed to realize.
I have said it severally that Emefiele and Adeosun don't know jack about salvaging this country from current economic downturn as such should be sacked and replaced with sound home grown economists...
I just hope it won't be too late for PMB before realising his mistakes...
With the continuous withdrawal of public funds from the banking sector coupled with lull in the economy, collapse of the sector might just be around the corner..

angelo82:

Emefeile might be sabotaging the economy on behalf of Jonathan/Ngozi because his ways of doing things in terms of policies is completely unprofessional.

You're both right sir. Governor Emefeile days are number! The day is very near... cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
HRH Emir Sanusi .. In kaduna today!

I'm a friend of this administration but if they decide to run Nigeria aground, I will become the opposition. You are not good friends if you sit down with Government officials and don't tell them the truth. I will continue to say the truth.

"Nigeria must drop the habit of borrowing to pay salaries and service recurrent expenditures.

"There is nothing happening today that we didn't forecast years ago because all actions have consequences.

"Industrialisation potentials of Northern Nig was documented by Ahmadu Bello in 1962, 54 years after, there's nothing to show.

"We created billionaires from Oil subsidies in the past. We are making the same mistake with Forex Subsidies.

"As an Emir, I can seat in my garden and make phone calls to access $10M @ N197 per $ then sell it off at nothing less than N300. With just a phone call, I'm making a profit of over a billion naira. That is what people are doing now.

"Any system that allows you sit in your garden & make a billion naira without investing a Kobo is a wrong system.

"We created the recession we are in now and I hope the President won't make the mistakes Jonathan made.

"We are not being sincere when we say we are in a recession because of the fall in oil prices. What happened to other sectors?

"I understand it's painful when we pay for expensive fuel but we must understand no system is perfect.

"Petroleum subsidy empowers a small group of criminals rather than the poor masses it was meant for.

"If you must subsidise anything, please it should be for production rather than consumption.

"In 2011, we earned $16B from Oil revenues.
$8b was spent for LCs while the remaining $8b was spent on subsidising fuel. We spent a whooping $8billion on subsidising fuel. Not a dime was spent on infrastructure, education or schools.

"To get out of this recession;
FG must set the FX rate to incentivise capital inflows, catalyse FDI & FDI funding.
FG must set interest rates at levels that deter capital flight dollarization.
FG must eliminate wasteful and abuse prone subsidies.
FG must address failure in the power sector value chain starting with the DISCOS.
FG must digitise state land registries and streamline relevant legislations.
FG must re-priotize public spending towards investment in human capital.
Lastly, the FG must protect infant industries specifically labour intensive manufacturing."

~ HRH SLS in Kaduna today.

Source: Kaduna Ministry of Budget @KDmobp

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
megainvest:

Don't be in a haste to sell bcuz dollar will still cross N500. Thank me later.

That has been my sole message since mid-2015.

Forex reserve has sunk from $32b where the confused APC govt met it to around $25b now while Buhari is busy with his oil exploiration in the northeast.

So nobody should blame Emelife rather enjoy the CHANGE you voted for. cool

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 7:17am On Aug 25, 2016
https://trwstockbrokers./2016/08/25/breaking-cbn-lifts-forex-ban-on-uba-as-8-other-banks-remain-suspended/

Seems UBA is free now!!

No wonder it closed on bid late yesterday in trading.. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 25, 2016
Where UBA go get money to pay the interim dividend of 0.20-25k?Na JIJO go good for the stock now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2016
locodemy:
Where UBA go get money to pay the interim dividend of 0.20-25k?Na JIJO go good for the stock now.

Them must pay oh, Tony had better go look for am. grin

People (including myself have been waiting).

No story grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2016
Am having problem accessing meritrade.com, since yesterday evening till this morning. Pls is anyone experiencing same problem.........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2016
kentoto:

Them must pay oh, Tony had better go look for am. grin

People (including myself have been waiting).

No story grin

grin grin lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2016
GTB north movement is just another magic of NSE, if you wanna sell better, if you wanna hold no wahala... YOU are the master of your portfolio!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2016
UBA on the march again... They will jingle the bell just as they did for UCAP... All is just hyping... They aren't worth all the noise yet as stocks with good stuff don't make too much noise... OANDO made a lot of noise and the unsuspecting fell for it... NESTLE has never made a noise and yet they are THE BOSS!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY

(1) (2) (3) ... (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) ... (7766) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dangle, Olaide1295 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.