Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10837963 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) ... (7738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
Tried getting Skye @ 0.56 today but couldn't. That was the price I got it last time and made something out of the trade. Will try again Monday.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
zendi:

Sabbath and Cherubim & Seraphim members, over to you,
just grab Access Bank. grin

Sir, why you dey name my church for NSEMPA? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phetty(m): 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
PETERiCHY:

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINL8N1B72SR?irpc=932

LAGOS, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Nigeria's naira was quoted at an all-time low of 412 per dollar on the parallel market on Friday as a dollar shortage persists, traders said.

Traders said some bureaux de change operators have been finding it difficult to access their forex account and get dollar supply after the central bank suspended nine commercial lenders from the market, putting further pressure on the local currency.

N500 here we come smiley smiley smiley

The problem CBN wanted to solve by banning the banks might boomerang.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
phetty:

The problem CBN wanted to solve by banning the banks might boomerang.

Might boomerang or has boomerang grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phetty(m): 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
PETERiCHY:

Might boomerang or has boomerang grin

I have a brother that wanted to pay his school fees through form A via diamond bank. His account officer has told him the process has been placed on hold due to the ban.

He called a contact in GTB, the guy said he would have to wait for 6 weeks before it gets to his turn cos there are several applications on ground already, and there's also shortage of FX supply.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omoharry(f): 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
phetty:

I have a brother that wanted to pay his school fees through form A via diamond bank. His account officer has told him the process has been placed on hold due to the ban.

He called a contact in GTB, the guy said he would have to wait for 6 weeks before it gets to his turn cos there are several applications on ground already, and there's also shortage of FX supply.
What about withdrawers from ATM in Europ with your GTB MASTER CARD..my friend is not withdrawing much, she just need 500 Euro which she has been having difficulty getting here in Naija.I hope she wont have issues withdrawing money from GTB her account while in Europe?though we understand the limit is 300 Euro per day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omoharry(f): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
Guys is Fidelity a good buy.Just got mine at I.3 yesterday and 0.97k today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phetty(m): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
omoharry:
What about withdrawers from ATM in Europ with your GTB MASTER CARD..my friend is not withdrawing much, she just need 500 Euro which she has been having difficulty getting here in Naija.I hope she wont have issues withdrawing money from GTB her account while in Europe?though we understand the limit is 300 Euro per day.

It's an online masters degree. So he pays from Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
I welcome all the Newbies in the house to this wonderful forum. I can see the rate at which we are having new posts from new monikas...this is the place to be...
Meanwhile, am eyeing UCap, FBNH, OANDO, eternal oil, this is for medium term , just increasing my stakes in them... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
cadno:
I welcome all the Newbies in the house to this wonderful forum. I can see the rate at which we are having new posts from new monikas...this is the place to be...
Meanwhile, am eyeing UCap, FBNH, OANDO, eternal oil, this is for medium term , just increasing my stakes in them... grin
at what price sir? .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
The stocks you mentioned, ucap, fbnh oando are all good for long term, certainly not medium term
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BlossomJey: 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
Please im a new bee grin and i need a good site where i can buy stokes, need someone to mentor/tutor me too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
TIMELY ADVICE...

If you are a newbie stay far away from OANDO and ETERNA OIL... They are stocks used as consolations in the game! If the gamemasters loss funds, they make gains from those stocks... The newbies bear the loss... BE SMART!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 11:57pm On Aug 26, 2016
omoharry:
Guys is Fidelity a good buy.Just got mine at I.3 yesterday and 0.97k today.

Fidelity is cool, at least you have averaged down reducing your cost basis..

the week ahead would show if 0.97 is its support.

k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 12:33am On Aug 27, 2016
TRANSCORP and CADBURY, I'm still patiently waiting @ #0.90k and #10 respectively... As for UCAP, I can only consider it @ #1.50 or below... Watching with my eyes wide open!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:21am On Aug 27, 2016
godlyguy:
TRANSCORP and CADBURY, I'm still patiently waiting @ #0.90k and #10 respectively... As for UCAP, I can only consider it @ #1.50 or below... Watching with my eyes wide open!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY
how many units are you buying?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 27, 2016
ihedioramma:
how many units are you buying?

The guy dont know how to study stocks........His predictions will disappoint him and he will not be able to buy anything.most stocks especially the bank stocks will trade at their lowest next week and may not deep further after the week.The reason i am saying this is because of GTB which has attain a new high when other bank stocks are falling.I think there are other experts in the house who can explain this better than me.......if they truely understand my point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BlossomJey: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2016
[color=#550000][/color]
Please, anybody, help a new guy out. Please embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drdams: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2016
omoharry:

Point of correction ; GTBank is equivalent of $100/day for ATM withdrawals and $1000 for POS/Online but please note that cummulative limit accross all channels per month is $1000 meaning if you decide to do $1000 PIS /online first day of the month, you card is technically useless till the next month.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2016
locodemy:

The guy dont know how to study stocks........His predictions will disappoint him and he will not be able to buy anything.most stocks especially the bank stocks will trade at their lowest next week and may not deep further after the week.The reason i am saying this is because of GTB which has attain a new high when other bank stocks are falling.I think there are other experts in the house who can explain this better than me.......if they truely understand my point.
yes . he is happy that he bought dangote flour at #3.98 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
locodemy:
oga Nuttychoky.......how far? your wapic nko?hope you have some cash now to draw water?

Nna loco... the reason I like this forum is that it makes person to cross check any assumption... Once you and Intendy pointed it out and I saw the mistake in my model, I sold EVERYTHING the next day, half at 0.52 and half at 0.50...

Man no die, man no rotten
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
drdams:

Point of correction ; GTBank is equivalent of $100/day for ATM withdrawals and $1000 for POS/Online but please note that cummulative limit accross all channels per month is $1000 meaning if you decide to do $1000 PIS /online first day of the month, you card is technically useless till the next month.

thanks for the clarification, you sound like an insider.
pls what is the update right now? is gtb meeting small forex demands, given the prevailng forex scarcity?
i'm looking for a means to make online payments, although not currently a gtb acct holder.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
I'm ready to continue bailing out SKYE BANK until it gets to my targeted sell price... I got additional more than a million units of First Bank on Friday... I have equally set a sell target for First Bank!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
Godisfaithful:

Sir, why you dey name my church for NSEMPA? grin

your church needs to invest in the candle making business
because they're net consumers of the product. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
FBN Eurobond yields have dropped from 22% (junk status/high risk) to 16%
#rebound

FYI
By their yield you shall know . .
GTB 2017 +5.99%
Access 2017 +6.94%
Zenith 2019 +7.73%
Access 2021 +14.2%
FBN 2020 +16.21% (used to be ard 22%)
Fidelity 2018 +20.62%
Diamond 2019 +22.49%

- fidelity & diamond have taken over from FBN in terms of risk perception
- both banks under bearish pressure / sell off
- FBN rebounded in d past weeks gaining over +6%
- eurobond is a good hedge against naira but min required is $200k FV , most pay interest half yearly

for further info on closing rates
chk: http://www.fmdqotc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/FMDQ-DQL_-Aug-26-20161.pdf

#justObserving

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2016
another observation

-NGE ETF cash position has been growing in the last week.
-shares held has been on d increase across portfolio
-I chk from time to time. Esp when mkt is somewhat bearish but volumes are growing and above average for some coy (d MIB way)

FYI chk:
http://www.globalxfunds.com/funds/nge/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
godlyguy:
I'm ready to continue bailing out SKYE BANK until it gets to my targeted sell price... I got additional more than a million units of First Bank on Friday... I have equally set a sell target for First Bank!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY

Set your First Bank sell target to 2.00
Will be ready to buy your one million units at that price .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
fxuser:

FBN Eurobond yields have dropped from 22% (junk status/high risk) to 16%
#rebound

FYI
By their yield you shall know . .
GTB 2017 +5.99%
Access 2017 +6.94%
Zenith 2019 +7.73%
Access 2021 +14.2%
FBN 2020 +16.21% (used to be ard 22%)
Fidelity 2018 +20.62%
Diamond 2019 +22.49%

- fidelity & diamond have taken over from FBN in terms of risk perception
- both banks under bearish pressure / sell off
- FBN rebounded in d past weeks gaining over +6%
- eurobond is a good hedge against naira but min required is $200k FV , most pay interest half yearly

for further info on closing rates
chk: http://www.fmdqotc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/FMDQ-DQL_-Aug-26-20161.pdf

#justObserving
Talking bonds, I seriously would not mind a 20% paying bond, I have tried so many times on meritrade platform but the deal does not sail through..... mind putting me thru
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaboninc(m): 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
locodemy:

both stocks you mentined are not in my list for now.........my top list:FBN,UBA,DANGOTE FLOUR,TRANSCORP,FCMB and UCAP but they are not yet at my junction......

I already have oando.bought at #5.00 months back.

You should consider selling it the moment it crosses your cost price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
godlyguy:
TIMELY ADVICE...

If you are a newbie stay far away from OANDO and ETERNA OIL... They are stocks used as consolations in the game! If the gamemasters loss funds, they make gains from those stocks... The newbies bear the loss... BE SMART!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY

Thanks bro. Good advice. Those who do no know will end up holding the short end of the stick in Eterna
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JLINE(m): 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
hmmm... shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) ... (7738) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9free(m), Omooloriredade, ojeysky(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.