Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894993 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2016
yes I've same experience
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2016
Aks:
it seems NSE portal on Morgan is down. can anybody confirm it?

Yes. It is down. same here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2016
Aks:
it seems NSE portal on Morgan is down. can anybody confirm it?
morgan itrade is down for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2016
fxuser:

umm from Mobil to Total !
if they are cashing out then i'm sorry for d local buyers
these guys don't leave bread on the table

Same way Conoco-Phillips finished eating the meat and left the bones for OANDO now shareholders are bearing the BRUNT.

Most people don't know that Nigeria business terrain is now so bad that one ought to first think on how to preserve his or her CAPITAL.

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2016
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/15209_ZENITH_BANK_PLC_-_Q3_SEPT_2016_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2016.pdf

Gross Earnings, Profit-Before-Tax and Profit-After-Tax increased By 12.91%, 16.55% and 20.44% YoY.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2016
The equity price of NIGERIAN ENAMELWARE PLC was adjusted today 24th of October 2016 for a dividend of N0.45 as declared by the board of directors. The last close price was N29.78, hence the ex-div price N29.33.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:44am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:45am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2016
rebekah2011:

Yes. It is down. same here

yup it is
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2016
Intendy:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/15209_ZENITH_BANK_PLC_-_Q3_SEPT_2016_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2016.pdf

No surprises here. We were expecting N100bn plus !
Next stop Access , shud be >N60bn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:46am On Oct 24, 2016
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/15212_ETI_-_CONVERSION_OF_PREF._SHARES_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_OCTOBER_2016.pdf

for those of you that still have ETI preference shares cert from Old Oceanic shares conversion then..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 11:49am On Oct 24, 2016
123ABCXYZ:

One of the reasons why our market is hugely driven by sentiments is lack of disclosures and it is just painful. Usually, when an amount is very huge in relation to other items in a disclosure note and it is possible that various classes of transactions have formed that item, a note should have been added breaking down that item or providing further information.

I can't explain what UBA has reported cos there are no disclosures; but to answer your question. reclassification of foreign exchange gains or losses to P or L would only occur in the case of the disposal of a foreign operation. In the case of a foreign subsidiary, it is simply derecognized since it would have been included in the gain or losses on disposal of the subsidiary (in essence it enters the P or L through the backyard grin).

There are still some complex rules involved when we dig down to some complex financial instruments but in summary
1. Foreign exchange gain or losses on monetary items - P or L
2. Foreign exchange gain or losses on non-monetary items - P or L OR OCI depending on where the gain or loss on the non-monetary item would usually go to
3. Exchange gain or losses on translation of foreign operations/ subsidiary - OCI

Re-classifications
1. Disposal of foreign operations - reclassify to P or L
2. Disposal of foreign subsidiaries - derecognize

Thanks bro! There goes all my lofty dreams for UBA. I hereby downgrade UBA from a buy to outperform. LoL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2016
fxuser:

yup it is

Why do I sense something is not right??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2016
What we expect frm u guys outside is if u have a better lead in nyse, tx or lse or in dubai let us know. Not to be throwing stones in ur own country. For instance i had that microsoft will be shooting up on strong earnings soon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
Pls house is morgan cap i-trade working
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
pls how can l register to trade nyse or other foreign ones. thanks
yom2:
What we expect frm u guys outside is if u have a better lead in nyse, tx or lse or in dubai let us know. Not to be throwing stones in ur own country. For instance i had that microsoft will be shooting up on strong earnings soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
House,pls i need a an info from smart ones having an idea of how to process e-dividend faster.........it takes my brokers about two months to process e-dividend mandate and i dont like it...........i need help now i want to invest for dividend returns rather than smart trading........ thanks as i look forward to hearing from you guys.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
Good day my brother's and sister's in the LORD . Please what is the blood group of ET1 and CADBURY? cool.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
locodemy:
House,pls i need a an info from smart ones having an idea of how to process e-dividend faster.........it takes my brokers about two months to process e-dividend mandate and i dont like it...........i need help now i want to invest for dividend returns rather than smart trading........ thanks as i look forward to hearing from you guys.

Get the E- Dividend form on the Registrar website and fill same.
Get your bank to give you a Signature Confirmation letter addressed to the Registrar.
Mail the 2 documents to your registrar and follow up by email/phone to ensure acknowledgement & processing.
Processing period is with 24 hours once received, I follow same process for GTB, FBN & Access Registrar
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
locodemy:
The fastest way is to do it yourself, download or request the form from your broker ( stanbic has all the forms on their website). Fill the form and get your bank to stamp it, then take it to the registrar, all these can be done in one day. Your registrar will request you to wait for about two weeks before your bank account will be credited with your outstanding dividends if any otherwise you can process everything in one day.

Stockbrokers take a Lil longer because they love processing e-mandate forms in bulk which may delay the process.

Note that banks also process e-mandate, but they ain't hands on yet. They will want you to allow them process it for you, you may have to insist you want them to stamp your form only so that you can proceed to your registrar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
lancee:
Pls house is morgan cap i-trade working
morgan is still down, learnt they are working on it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
kolaish:
morgan is still down, learnt they are working on it.

Definitely today is gone. I hope they will give us additional days next year before they debit our accounts for their yearly account maintenance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
stocks with new 52 weeks low
ETI #9.96k
fidson #1.45k
PZ #16.65k
aiico #0.58k
cadbury #11.88k
No new 52 weeks high
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
Intendy:
stocks with new 52 weeks low
ETI #9.96k
fidson #1.45k
PZ #16.65k
aiico #0.58k
cadbury #11.88k
No new 52 weeks high
Sir,why are the mighty falling?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dwizeone:
The fastest way is to do it yourself, download or request the form from your broker ( stanbic has all the forms on their website). Fill the form and get your bank to stamp it, then take it to the registrar, all these can be done in one day. Your registrar will request you to wait for about two weeks before your bank account will be credited with your outstanding dividends if any otherwise you can process everything in one day.

Stockbrokers take a Lil longer because they love processing e-mandate forms in bulk which may delay the process.

Note that banks also process e-mandate, but they ain't hands on yet. They will want you to allow them process it for you, you may have to insist you want them to stamp your form only so that you can proceed to your registrar.

TNX ALOT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.