Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894740 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:09am On Oct 22, 2016
odeloladf:
House kindly advice, I have the sum of 1,100,000 that I wish to invest in shares. Which company shares is stable and profitable that I pay buy into.

Are you a risk taker, averse or neutral person? You need to answer this question first then I can advise you if the stock market is made for you...If you belong to the averse school of thought, please run ..what did I say run away with your money. However, if you are ready to swim with the shark you are welcome to the market. Also, are what is your investment horizon? Are you a short, medium or long term person n as this will also influence your choice of stocks.

Note that market is highly volatile because of the returns nature as it remains the ONLY investment option that pays better returns after real estate. It can turn one to a millionaire and also wretched over night depending on how smart and strategic you play...in the stock market, INFORMATION is gold!

Moving away from the preambles, because I am making this recommendation with the believe that you are a risk taker who takes "calculative" risk...So my advise will be that you look for stocks that have strong fundamentals but grossly, at the moment Undervalued.

The stocks in this categorize in no particular order which has lots of upside than downside (in terms of falling prices) include; FBNH, UBA, WAPCO, Flour mills, Okomu oil, Livestock, CCNN, Dan Flour...

You can also consider these value based stocks- GTB, Dan Cem, Nestle, Total, Mobil, and NBL.

Please don't and never consider Insurance stocks. It's not good for your health.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2016
Chibuking81:

1.Okomu oil
2. Dangote sugar
3. Dangote flour
4. Eterna
5. FCMB
6. Zenith bank
7. UBA
8. CCNN
9. Cutix
10. Fidelity bank
note
some of the stock might still lose a little, but their upward potential in the near future is high.
Now is the best time to invest.
Truly, some people has had their investment money reduce by half, some one and half.
But some that listened when the warning of bear, and its grand father visit was going on sold theirs with just a little loss.
But in the near future bull and its grandfather will visit, people that listen now and invest will smile.
Take the risk and join the billionaire.
(you will not lose anything now if you invest, what I can see in the near future is domination of green and bull)

If the guy will just make good selections,he will have nothing to loose but gain............good advice bro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2016
Coolcash1:

Are you a risk taker, averse or neutral person? You need to answer this question first then I can advise you if the stock market is made for you...If you belong to the averse school of thought, please run ..what did I say run away with your money. However, if you are ready to swim with the shark you are welcome to the market. Also, are what is your investment horizon? Are you a short, medium or long term person n as this will also influence your choice of stocks.

Note that market is highly volatile because of the returns nature as it remains the ONLY investment option that pays better returns after real estate. It can turn one to a millionaire and also wretched over night depending on how smart and strategic you play...in the stock market, INFORMATION is gold!

Moving away from the preambles, because I am making this recommendation with the believe that you are a risk taker who takes "calculative" risk...So my advise will be that you look for stocks that have strong fundamentals but grossly, at the moment Undervalued.

The stocks in this categorize in no particular order which has lots of upside than downside (in terms of falling prices) include; FBNH, UBA, WAPCO, Flour mills, Okomu oil, Livestock, CCNN, Dan Flour...

You can also consider these value based stocks- GTB, Dan Cem, Nestle, Total, Mobil, and NBL.

Please don't and never consider Insurance stocks. It's not good for your health.

Good luck!

weldone bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2016
locodemy:
So market don bad reach like this?#1,000,000 at 13% for 365 days is not bad but i cant try it......Even at the worst days of the stock market,people are still making money........Even if i am afraid of every stock now, i rather buy40,000 units of GTB at #25 ...........leave it for 365 days,i will get more than what i will get for that fixed deposit........The decision is left for the guy to make.........For me o......i will throw the money into the market.

seconded.

if na fixed interest remain. putting the money on GTbank in my opinion would be the best decision for more roi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2016
Chibuking81:

3. Dangote flour

Coolcash1:

...in the stock market, INFORMATION is gold!
Dan Flour...
Good luck!

this Dango flour is good,,,, on a 2nd thought the negative retained earning shocked

dangote not attractive at 80k but look very attractive at currenntprice N3.90 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2016
FCMB! Please Q3 loading!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2016
Primetech:
FCMB! Please Q3 loading!!!
The stock go poo and also vomit.........hold it tight if you have it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
Chibuking81:

1.Okomu oil
2. Dangote sugar
3. Dangote flour
4. Eterna
5. FCMB
6. Zenith bank
7. UBA
8. CCNN
9. Cutix
10. Fidelity bank
note
some of the stock might still lose a little, but their upward potential in the near future is high.
Now is the best time to invest.
Truly, some people has had their investment money reduce by half, some one and half.
But some that listened when the warning of bear, and its grand father visit was going on sold theirs with just a little loss.
But in the near future bull and its grandfather will visit, people that listen now and invest will smile.
Take the risk and join the billionaire.
(you will not lose anything now if you invest, what I can see in the near future is domination of green and bull)
Hmm. You put okomu as number 1? Okomu that is trading close to its one year high? You wan put our new oga inside gbese.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
duni04:

Hmm. You put okomu as number 1? Okomu that is trading close to its one year high? You wan put our new oga inside gbese.

Okomu may hit #80 if we factor in the yields from the new development in the company plus foreign exchange.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
@locodemy

What do you think about TRANSCORP at the current price? do you think it will still go down further.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 23, 2016
Tritri:
@locodemy

What do you think about TRANSCORP at the current price? do you think it will still go down further.

My brother remove your eye there.......it is a political stock..........Most of the ogas there are not free from the EFCC.......Their income and profits keep on dwindling from quarter to quarter........i dont see them declaring any good result this quarter and year end.........it is only their market makers that can sustain their price from falling further.......One of their subsidiaries that would have been a source of comfort to them is also quoted with shareholders at their back.The stock worth not more than 50kobo considering the 40 billion shares in the market ............they may even go for share reconstruction in the future........so brother lets wait to hear a good news from them .....Buying the stock at #2.00 when there is good news is far better than putting your money in a stock with uncertainties at #1.00.
happy weekend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2016
duni04:

my wish for Okomu oil, is for their current price to wait for me or fall down even a little, till I enter.
The company has upward potential.
As for transcorp, I don't trust them again, just last year their hotel was remove and listed separately without paying us the shareholders anything.
Soon they will remove oil sector as one out of their four subsidiary and name/list it separately as Transoil.
By then their price will fall to 50k.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
PETERiCHY:

" HEY DON'T BE IN A HASTE TO LOSE YOUR FUND"

First thing on Monday morning go to any branch of STANBIC-IBTC branch and make a fixed deposit of 1million.

Their current interest rate for 1million on 365days tenor is 13%.

Afterwards you are free to gamble with the remaining 100k on NSE.

Thank me later.

*ThE OcToPuS*

T Bill would have been better.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 40manlappy: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
Youngzedd:

Exactly! That's why I recommended TBs to @odeloladf

Even if they give him 13% pa, withholding tax will still reduce his interest further.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
This is not to over flog the issue but just to educate some of us here, especially the investors with a mid to long term view. (Personally at the end of this year, my portfolio is getting divided into two parts strictly i.e. JIJO and long term. This is by choice and not by bull trap or force cheesy )

Well we discussed UBA and GTB's result earlier so here are a few things to note about the Statements of Profit and Loss and Other Comprehensive Income based on IFRS

1. Entities currently have a choice and can present profit or loss and other comprehensive income in either:
• A single statement of comprehensive income; or
• Two statements: a statement displaying components of profit or loss (an income statement), and a second statement beginning with profit or loss and displaying the components of OCI (a statement of other comprehensive income).

2. IAS1 proposed:
• To present a statement showing as two separate sections:
i. profit or loss; and
ii. all items of ‘other comprehensive income’ (OCI); and
• To present separately:
i. those items of OCI that might be reclassified subsequently; and
ii. those items of OCI that will not be reclassified subsequently.

3. Profit or loss is a key performance measurement tool and Earnings Per Share (EPS) calculations are based on this alone and not on Other Comprehensive Income

4. The commonly suggested attributes for differentiation between profit or loss and OCI (realised/unrealised, frequency of occurrence, operating/non-operating, measurement certainty/uncertainty, realisation in the short/long-term or outside management control) are difficult to distil into a set of principles. However there are general guidelines set out by the IASB.

5. So with respect to UBA’s result, those items presented in OCI may - as already stated on the report - be reclassified into profit and loss on the FY2016 reports which would then result in a much higher EPS than usual. This remains to be seen anyway.

6. I think GTB was counting on this freedom of presentation of it's reports as explained in point 1 above and the tendency for people to focus primarily on the bottom line, to present all it's income for the period under profit and loss knowing the effect the high EPS will have. It is still ok as it's within their right.

This of course is not a buy or sell recommendation, just something to bear in mind for those interested when perusing reports of BaOFI

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
ExLaidback:
This is not to over flog the issue but just to educate some of us here, especially the investors with a mid to long term view. (Personally at the end of this year, my portfolio is getting divided into two parts strictly i.e. JIJO and long term. This is by choice and not by bull trap or force cheesy )

Well we discussed UBA and GTB's result earlier so here are a few things to note about the Statements of Profit and Loss and Other Comprehensive Income based on IFRS

1. Entities currently have a choice and can present profit or loss and other comprehensive income in either:
• Two statements: a statement displaying components of profit or loss (an income statement), and a second statement beginning with profit or loss and displaying the components of OCI (a statement of other comprehensive income).

2. IAS1 proposed:
i. profit or loss; and
• To present separately:

3. Profit or loss is a key performance measurement tool and Earnings Per Share (EPS) calculations are based on this alone and not on Other Comprehensive Income

4. The commonly suggested attributes for differentiation between profit or loss and OCI (realised/unrealised, frequency of occurrence, operating/non-operating, measurement certainty/uncertainty, realisation in the short/long-term or outside management control) are difficult to distil into a set of principles. However there are general guidelines set out by the IASB.

5. So with respect to UBA’s result, those items presented in OCI may - as already stated on the report - be reclassified into profit and loss on the FY2016 reports which would then result in a much higher EPS than usual. This remains to be seen anyway.

6. I think GTB was counting on this freedom of presentation of it's reports as explained in point 1 above and the tendency for people to focus primarily on the bottom line, to present all it's income for the period under profit and loss knowing the effect the high EPS will have. It is still ok as it's within their right.

This of course is not a buy or sell recommendation, just something to bear in mind for those interested when perusing reports of BaOFI

Bros,
Thanks for the clarification...

I think one bank is taking advantage of the reporting loop hole.. the other just been strategic..

UBA is probably setting it's self up for potentially better result for (EPs) at year end.

GT bank under pressure to stay thru with their brand.

The other banks, thinking of what to do.

Most times Q3 gives an indication of how good the Q4 will eventually be, portfolio mangers will be deciding where to invest now for dividend and capital appreciation.

Good luck people.

K

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
locodemy:

Okomu may hit #80 if we factor in the yields from the new development in the company plus foreign exchange.
you are absolutely right. Okomu for now remain a defensive stock with upward potentials.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
kentoto:

Bros,
Thanks for the clarification...

I think one bank is taking advantage of the reporting loop hole.. the other just been strategic..

UBA is probably setting it's self up for potentially better result for (EPs) at year end.

GT bank under pressure to stay thru with their brand.

The other banks, thinking of what to do.

Most times Q3 gives an indication of how good the Q4 will eventually be, portfolio mangers will be deciding where to invest now for dividend and capital appreciation.

Good luck people.

K

Thanks Sir,

Yeah, I guess it's just to watch and see how things go. I do have faith in both of them sha...especially as a lot can still happen in 4th qtr. Also I may not refer to it as a loop hole, IASB rules actually favor their (GTB's) presentation especially if those FX gains are already realized -I think. It's just that it helped masked a problem (i.e. much higher impairment charges) and yet it may not offer a consistent means of income.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 123ABCXYZ(m): 7:21am On Oct 24, 2016
ExLaidback:

2. IAS1 proposed:
i. profit or loss; and
• To present separately:

Hi... Although IFRS permits "variety" and a lot of judgment in reporting some Financial statement (FS) items, there are no loopholes in the requirements of the standards u have quoted. Individual IFRS standards present options of classification of IFRS items which drive their presentation in the FS. No entity, that is fully implementing IFRS can decide where to present transactions (whether OCI or IFRS) if the required individual IFRS does not support it.

I believe the major discussion here has been on the issue of presentation of foreign exchange gains or losses which is guided by the requirements of IAS 21. IAS 21 requires all foreign exchange gains and losses on monetary items to be presented in the statement of P or L (this is non negotiable). Monetary items are units of currency held and assets and liabilities to be received or paid in a fixed or determinable number of units of currency. Eg loans and receivables and other financial assets. The only items (apart from a few complicated shit) that are to be presented in OCI are:

1. Foreign currency gains or losses on translation of component reports
2 Non monetary items (if the IFRS permits the item to be presented in OCI)

Wat I'm trying to say is that except UBA's or GTB's auditors are doing a scrappy job (which would mean that some transactions have been omitted altogether), then the FS is as it is as far as foreign currency reporting is concerned. No entity can just decide to fis FX gains or losses in P or L or OCI as it deems fit.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:22am On Oct 24, 2016
I just wonder what would happen to Diamond Bank and Stanbic Ibtc shares today, as MTN admits transfering 13billion dollars illegally through them and two others.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Mpeace:
I just wonder what would happen to Diamond Bank and Stanbic Ibtc shares today, as MTN admits transfering 13billion dollars illegally through them and two others.

MTN dropped last week on d SA index
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2016
Youngzedd:

You're absolutely right, i didnt add the fact that he already had a MILLION naira which is the minimum capital for buying TBs.

Last week NTBS auction was executed at 14% for 91days 17% for 182days and 18% for 364days tenors.

Next TBs primary auction will take place in 10days time.

I will advise he go for 91days instead of 182days or 364days tenor and he should also bear in mind that he's INTEREST/YIELD will be paid immediately then wait for MATURITY DATE to get back his CAPITAL .

Those advicing him to GAMBLE away his hard earned money on STOCKS/SHARES are the lost & trapped ones looking for those that will go down with them.

Last week of 2015 I made it very clear that those hoping to make quick money from NSE this year will ALL be disappointed, they tagged us pessimists now what is happening.

You work smart and pray for a little luck to be become rich and not by gambling with the SEED/TALENT GOD gave you.

"A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE"

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2016
Chibuking81:
my wish for Okomu oil, is for their current price to wait for me or fall down even a little, till I enter.
The company has upward potential.
As for transcorp, I don't trust them again, just last year their hotel was remove and listed separately without paying us the shareholders anything.
Soon they will remove oil sector as one out of their four subsidiary and name/list it separately as Transoil.
By then their price will fall to 50k.

TenOil
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2016
http://newtelegraphonline.com/12-firms-jostle-for-totals-downstream-assets/

“The divestment of Total’s downstream assets too is on-going. It is a confidential deal, which meetings have been held outside the shores of Nigeria several times with contenders mostly indigenous firms,” a source close to the dealsaid. Total declined to comment on the deal because of its confidential nature, but a source at the company confirmed the move to New Telegraph yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2016
Why are they all divesting their stake
feelamong:
http://newtelegraphonline.com/12-firms-jostle-for-totals-downstream-assets/

“The divestment of Total’s downstream assets too is on-going. It is a confidential deal, which meetings have been held outside the shores of Nigeria several times with contenders mostly indigenous firms,” a source close to the dealsaid. Total declined to comment on the deal because of its confidential nature, but a source at the company confirmed the move to New Telegraph yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2016
123ABCXYZ:

Hi... Although IFRS permits "variety" and a lot of judgment in reporting some Financial statement (FS) items, there are no loopholes in the requirements of the standards u have quoted.

IAS 21 requires all foreign exchange gains and losses on monetary items to be presented in the statement of P or L (this is non negotiable). The only items (apart from a few complicated shit) that are to be presented in OCI are:

1. Foreign currency gains or losses on translation of component reports
2 Non monetary items (if the IFRS permits the item to be presented in OCI)

Thanks and God bless for your input! I actually studied a breakdown of IAS 21 a bit before putting up my post but as you can tell Finance is not my forte. grin

I did already state that it isn't a loop hole in my response to @Kentoto, that it's within their right to do so. Though I wasn't so clear to what extent and I didn't know that it's non-negotiable.

The notes to this financial item on their report (note 10) just said 'FX revaluation gains'. Which just seemed unclear. But thanks again for the clarification.

Please can you help expatiate on that of UBA? There were no notes attached to theirs so I'm assuming it's the input from investments in Foreign Operations/Subsidiaries rather than than other monetary items at play (just like you said above). My question is: what are the chances of it's reclassification within this same financial year?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:07am On Oct 24, 2016
debeey87:
Why are they all divesting their stake

umm from Mobil to Total !
if they are cashing out then i'm sorry for d local buyers
these guys don't leave bread on the table
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2016
it seems NSE portal on Morgan is down. can anybody confirm it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 123ABCXYZ(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2016
ExLaidback:

Thanks and God bless for your input! I actually studied a breakdown of IAS 21 a bit before putting up my post but as you can tell Finance is not my forte. grin

I did already state that it isn't a loop hole in my response to @Kentoto, that it's within their right to do so. Though I wasn't so clear to what extent and I didn't know that it's non-negotiable.

The notes to this financial item on their report (note 10) just said 'FX revaluation gains'. Which just seemed unclear. But thanks again for the clarification.

Please can you help expatiate on that of UBA? There were no notes attached to theirs so I'm assuming it's the input from investments in Foreign Operations/Subsidiaries rather than than other monetary items at play (just like you said above). My question is: what are the chances of it's reclassification within this same financial year?

One of the reasons why our market is hugely driven by sentiments is lack of disclosures and it is just painful. Usually, when an amount is very huge in relation to other items in a disclosure note and it is possible that various classes of transactions have formed that item, a note should have been added breaking down that item or providing further information.

I can't explain what UBA has reported cos there are no disclosures; but to answer your question. reclassification of foreign exchange gains or losses to P or L would only occur in the case of the disposal of a foreign operation. In the case of a foreign subsidiary, it is simply derecognized since it would have been included in the gain or losses on disposal of the subsidiary (in essence it enters the P or L through the backyard grin).

There are still some complex rules involved when we dig down to some complex financial instruments but in summary
1. Foreign exchange gain or losses on monetary items - P or L
2. Foreign exchange gain or losses on non-monetary items - P or L OR OCI depending on where the gain or loss on the non-monetary item would usually go to
3. Exchange gain or losses on translation of foreign operations/ subsidiary - OCI

Re-classifications
1. Disposal of foreign operations - reclassify to P or L
2. Disposal of foreign subsidiaries - derecognize

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.