Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,124 members, 7,838,860 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10983600 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) ... (7785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:32am On Jun 26, 2017
BullBearMkt:
IS DANGOTE FLOUR READY FOR REVERSAL?
Pivotal to technical analysis are Price action and volume. Last Friday's price action of the stock indicates that more buyers are coming into the market and made the stock's daily candlestick ended as Hammer (looking like a Hanging man though). Interestingly, this happened close to the first highlighted liquidity pool. Hammer candlestick is a bullish reversal pattern, especially when formed after a decline. However, I need further confirmation to finally flush bears out.

That confirmation will come in next trading day. I'm on a look-out for full bulls to take charge while maintaining the support on the first liquidity pool. If bulls however, did not show up early, then liquidity pool 2 below will be the alternative. Overall, we should always keep watching NSE ASI for other confirmation.

Chart 1 is the Daily and chart 2 is for weekly.

Happy Eid Mubarak!
grin grin grin grin grin

http://oilprice.com
Crude oil price is currently gaining, it's now 46 dollar +.
That's good news for NSEM, next tomorrow will usher in the beginning of Q2 bull.

@ BullBearMKT you are right in your observation, both Dangote flour and other stocks will experience upward movement starting from Thursday, the buyers that knows the value are showing interest.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:54am On Jun 26, 2017
Chibuking81:

http://oilprice.com
Crude oil price is currently at #46.18 gaining +1.41%, I believe that, it will soon cross #50.
That's good news for NSEM, next tomorrow will usher in the beginning of Q2 bull.

@ BullBearMKT you are right in your observation, both Dangote flour and other stocks will experience upward movement starting from Thursday, the buyers that knows the value are showing interest.

We need to learn the psychology of a calm investor, it is obvious you are scared of the events of the past days in the stock market.

1. Never use borrowed money to invest in the market and if you most use borrowed fund make sure you have the means of conveniently paying back without praying and fasting for capital appreciation.

2. Do your due diligence and double check the due diligence.

3. Have multiple streams of income, this will enable you take position in fundamentally good companies that are selling below their intrinsic value in a bear market.

4. Read books by successful investors and money managers who have consistently made money in the market for a minimum of 20 years.

4. Don't have the notion that money is easy to be made in any investment, it requires discipline, hard work, knowledge acquisition and sharing of ideas. Returns of 10% or more can be made in a month or less, please note that such returns are the exception and not necessarily the rule.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2017
zendi:

Please where does the Abayomi write now? I miss stockswatch. The Earning Reports summary on the back cover would show me at a glance where the next scramble or stampede would occur.

The guy planned a private placement of N10 billion in 2008, I don't know if he was successful in his fund raising exercise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Every Part of Nigeria Vital to our Financial System—Adeosun
http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/06/26/every-part-nigeria-vital-financial-system-adeosun/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2017
So who else is attending the Tiameetup this week Friday. I w
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 9:11am On Jun 26, 2017
So who else is attending the Tiameetup this week Friday?
We could get to meet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STNWAUME(m): 9:25am On Jun 26, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Who is Abayonomics do you know how much that guy lost in 2008 to dead stocks like multiverse, Universal Insurance, Oceanic bank, Bank phb Japaul, Investment and allied insurance, etc. numerous private placements like Geofluid, Rigg ventures , big treat.

Thank God, I am a value investor and never bought any of the dead stocks he recommended

So are you now telling us with all the value stocks you have been buying including Skyebank you have not made heavy losses before in NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 9:48am On Jun 26, 2017
Please, let's try and work on the way we quote long writeups and mentions here. The use of @.......(monicker) is most appropriate to reply on some mentions.

For instance, the question asked by Ifeann was quoted verbatimly by different posters just to reply with one, two or few lines. We can always or sometimes refer to a person's mention with @ifeann (for instance) to reply or comment on the person's mention or the title or some part of the person's mention.

Sorry @Ifeann to have used your mention as example, I hope you understand that this is general for everyone. It could be very boring sometimes having to scroll through a quoted long mention just to read a sentence or even 'a word' as comment or reply.

Same goes for those submitting same reply like two or three times, you can delete extra ones by using the modify button. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2017
pluto09:

Dont let those kobo kobo eps confuse you o.
2017 q1 eps is 0.88k and not 88k.
pluto09:

still d same thing it is cllose to 1 ; 0.88, 0.95. 0.99 and 1naira. Mind u fbn is just 0.44k and its trading for 6naira
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2017
pluto09:

pluto09:

pluto09:

still d same thing it is close to 1naira ; 0.88, 0.95. 0.99 and 1naira. Mind u fbn is just 0.44k and its trading for 6naira
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Who is Abayonomics do you know how much that guy lost in 2008 to dead stocks like multiverse, Universal Insurance, Oceanic bank, Bank phb Japaul, Investment and allied insurance, etc. numerous private placements like Geofluid, Rigg ventures , big treat.

Thank God, I am a value investor and never bought any of the dead stocks he recommended

Not forgetting Union Diagnostics, Starcomm, IGI etc most the companies he recommended and hyped are yet to pay dividend nor enjoyed capital appreciation in almost 10 years.

The recommended stocks were hyped in the seminars he organised all over the country, daily radio show, weekly television show and daily stock newspaper.

In a saner society, people who made investment decisions based on his so called professional advice would have sued him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 26, 2017
yom2:
still d same thing it is cllose to 1 ; 0.88, 0.95. 0.99 and 1naira. Mind u fbn is just 0.44k and its trading for 6naira

Oga.Mathematics no easy o.0.08 kobo and 0.88kobo no by any means get comparism o.
0.08 is close to ten kobo(0.10k) while 0.88k is close to one naira(1.00)

Livestock EPS is not by any means close to 1.00 but close to 0.10k..................
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 10:26am On Jun 26, 2017
cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 10:50am On Jun 26, 2017
I may be there. Hope it worth the time.
PharmAlfred:
So who else is attending the Tiameetup this week Friday?
We could get to meet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:24am On Jun 26, 2017
locodemy:

Oga.Mathematics no easy o.0.08 kobo and 0.88kobo no by any means get comparism o.
0.08 is close to ten kobo(0.10k) while 0.88k is close to one naira(1.00)

Livestock EPS is not by any means close to 1.00 but close to 0.10k..................
what he wrote was 0.88 and not 0.08 ofcourse there is a great difference between both. I have a scientific background so i should be mindful of dat
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Not forgetting Union Diagnostics, Starcomm, IGI etc most the companies he recommended and hyped are yet to pay dividend nor enjoyed capital appreciation in almost 10 years.

The recommended stocks were hyped in the seminars he organised all over the country, daily radio show, weekly television show and daily stock newspaper.

In a saner society, people who made investment decisions based on his so called professional advice would have sued him

Sued him for for THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL MELTDOWN?
Have we forgotten how the market crashed here and around the world?
And did he never tell them to do their own dd and 'follow their own heart' ?
Then people who made money from his recommendations before the market crash would have paid his legal fees.
Most recommendations by him and other gurus were good according to the market drumbeat and sentiments of those heady days.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2017
yom2:
what he wrote was 0.88 and not 0.08 ofcourse there is a great difference between both. I have a scientific background so i should be mindful of dat

0.88k is the same as N0.0088.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I hope you are not the Abayomi. Thanks for reminding me that he also recommended May and Baker in 2007.
dnt u think government policies were more consistent and regulations was strong and there to protect investors dat most of those losses would have been curtailed?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2017
zendi:

Sued him for for THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL MELTDOWN?
Have we forgotten how the market crashed here and around the world?
And did he never tell them to do their own dd and 'follow their own heart' ?
Then people who made money from his recommendations before the market crash would have paid his legal fees.
Most recommendations by him and other gurus were good according to the market drumbeat and sentiments of those heady days.

The guy beat his chest as per purported returns that would be made by those stocks which he hyped on his shows and his seminars. The seminars were termed expo or original insider knowledge about the stocks that will give extraordinary returns.

He hyped a stock ie investment and Allied insurance will quadruple after listing because the nominal value of the private placements was N2.00.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2017
yom2:

just ignore.He is correct.what you need to do is to run away from livestock if it doesnt fit your criteria as per EPS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2017
yom2:
dnt u think government policies were more consistent and regulations was strong and there to protect investors dat most of those losses would have been curtailed?

Do you know that most of the stocks he hyped had no fundamentals to support their prices.

Do you also know he planned raising N10 billion in private placements which he hoped to invest in penny stocks in Nigeria and some other African countries.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 11:47am On Jun 26, 2017
Can we guess how much Dangote made from the sale of the noodles unit and its potential impact?
I cant find the info on the rough amount anywhere.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2017
@BullBearMkt and fxuser I picked this volume/trend analysis from something I'm reading.

VOLUME TREND TABLE

1 Price Increases + Volume Increases = Bullish

2 Price Increases + Volume Decreases = Caution (weak hands buying)

3 Price Decreases + Volume Increases = Bearish

4 Price Decreases + Volume Decreases = Caution (weak hands selling)

As a practice, traders usually compare today’s volume over the average of the last 10 days vol- ume. Generally the rule of thumb is as follows:

High Volume = Today’s volume > last 10 days average volume.

Low Volume = Today’s volume < last 10 days average volume.

Average Volume = Today’s volume = last 10 days average volume.

To get the last 10 day average, all you need to do is draw a moving average line on the volume bars and the job is done.

Would like to know:

1. if there are additional ways of using price and volume in analysing activity on the stock market.

2. Is the 10 day volume moving appropriate for the NSE. If it isn't then based on your experience what period volume moving average is best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

0.88k is the same as N0.0088.
With all due respect sir, they are not the same. The former is 100x the latter. I do not stand to be corrected cos am absolutely sure.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
Infinitisi:
@BullBearMkt and fxuser I picked this volume/trend analysis from something I'm reading.

VOLUME TREND TABLE

1 Price Increases + Volume Increases = Bullish

2 Price Increases + Volume Decreases = Caution (weak hands buying)

3 Price Decreases + Volume Increases = Bearish

4 Price Decreases + Volume Decreases = Caution (weak hands selling)

As a practice, traders usually compare today’s volume over the average of the last 10 days vol- ume. Generally the rule of thumb is as follows:

High Volume = Today’s volume > last 10 days average volume.

Low Volume = Today’s volume < last 10 days average volume.

Average Volume = Today’s volume = last 10 days average volume.

To get the last 10 day average, all you need to do is draw a moving average line on the volume bars and the job is done.

Would like to know:

1. if there are additional ways of using price and volume in analysing activity on the stock market.

2. Is the 10 day volume moving appropriate for the NSE. If it isn't then based on your experience what period volume moving average is best.
...thank you sir for the interesting questions. Let me quickly add that for conditions "1" and "3" to be effective, we need to be cognisance of overall market (NSE ASI) breadth if it is going up or down.

Back to the questions raised:
1. if there are additional ways of using price and volume in analysing activity on the stock market. : Yes, there are many more ways. One of such is sentiment trading. For example, a stock price that have been declining heavily suddenly shows indecision, or hammer or bullish engulfing candlestick on high volume simply telling us that reversal is imminent

2. Is the 10 day volume moving appropriate for the NSE. If it isn't then based on your experience what period volume moving average is best. : Markets are the same and people's reactions to news and perception of fundamentals are the same all over the world. Though market volatility differs from market to market. So 10 day average volume is ok, except you want to quickly jump into the stock, then you can reduce the daily volume average, alternatively, if you want to be more careful and cautious to enter the stock; then you increase the daily vol average.

Having said that, a very good book you can read for further understanding of price and volume is the one written by Timothy Ord, "The Secret Science of Price and Volume"

grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mpeace:
With all due respect sir, they are not the same. The the former is 10x the latter. I do not stand to be corrected cos am absolutely sure.

0.88k is less than 1k.

Note that N0.88k is different from 0.88k.

N0.88k is the same as 88k, while 0.88k is almost 90% of 1k.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mpeace:
With all due respect sir, they are not the same. The former is 10x the latter. I do not stand to be corrected cos am absolutely sure.

Note the Naira sign in N0.0088k is absent from the 0.88k.

The same way why N0.90k is the same as 90k, is the reason why N0.0088k is the same as 0.88k.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
@BullBearMkt Pls check your mail and reply accordingly. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
BullBearMkt:

Having said that, a very good book you can read for further understanding of price and volume is the one written by Timothy Ord, "The Secret Science of Price and Volume"

grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks boss. Will look for the book. Please kindly share those 3 indicators you use for guaging the NSE ASI.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
Infinitisi:

Thanks boss. Will look for the book. Please kindly share those 3 indicators you use for gauging the NSE ASI.
...the 3 indicators are basically the price action/volume; advanced-decline issues and Summation index. The last 2 are modifications of data provided by @Intendy's 52 weeks high/low
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) ... (7785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ogoo4real, Audacius, 222Martins(m), dapix, Mills55 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.