Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,371 members, 7,839,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10987434 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) ... (7787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:02am On Dec 19, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I got your pm, please ask your questions here. Thank you.

Send a mail to FBN Quest, and you will be attended to.

Most of their clients are usually recommended to them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:11am On Dec 19, 2017
2017 NSE INDEX REVIEW AS A GUIDE TO POSITIONING OURSELVES FOR 2018

The 15 December 2017 stock exchange weekly report on the last page indicated that some stocks will be outgoing and some incoming for the various indexes. I believe that as participants in the market, this information can be useful as one these stocks will likely make some good move in the year 2018. However, which stock can this be?? Difficult question. All we have to do is follow up on these companies and if we see a specular result from them, we follow up appropriately and buy according to our capacity and if the stock fails to move as expected (kick it out of our portfolio and move on).

I have realized that my inability to do away with a stock that has reached my initial stop loss position has made me to tie down capital in unprofitable buys and then miss the good opportunities. Next year, this will change especially this attitude of considering the fact that the gains I am making from the good stocks will compensate me for the bad one, this seems to be a bad idea as it leads to holding the bad stocks for too long and then making a loss that are sometimes unrecoverable (when will UBA hit NGN50 again

Therefore from the list below, I want to follow the following companies and look for the appropriate buying opportunity (the list will definitely change if a company delivers a spectacular performance- sorry I will not touch the illiquid stocks). Illiquidity adds an additional risk therefore if I go into such stock, I will seek to get out when the ovation is still loud, I all learnt my lesson in the bear period around August this year, when my gain turned to instant loss as I tried to escape with the other people at the narrow door of illiquidity.

List: Dangote Flour, NASCON, Forte Oil, Honeywell, International Breweries (may be champion can ,make NGN4.00 again??), WAPCO, Diamond, CCNN and Conoil.

This is just one source of idea, other ideas will come via the Quarterly results and other important information like the posting in this forum/news.

Caution: Investing is a risky venture. This is just my opinion and I cannot be liable for any loss suffered as a result of following this recommendation All data used are assumed to be correct, but you may need to verify some of the figures independently.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:25am On Dec 19, 2017
MY Target price for WAPCO 1-3MTHS is N80...I would Take profit. Long term N180-200

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2017
stcool:
MY Target price for WAPCO 1-3MTHS is N80...I would Take profit. Long term N180-200

grin grin grin
smiley i think lafarge wapco is really going to make some people rich next year, I've bought some units, seeing that the stock is trading at a very low price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2017
Ambitious. Well nothing is impossible sha. But definitely not with their current figures.
stcool:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2017
stcool:

grin grin grin

Your short term expected price is aggressive. That price is a 9-month price PROVIDED their financials improved... grin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2017
rebekah2011:
Ambitious. Well nothing is impossible sha. But definitely not with their current figures.

Ambitious?...WAPCO holds both value & growth potentials. Q4 would open the way. Q3 is the game parent company played, wait after rights is over grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2017
stcool:

grin grin grin

Lafarge/Wapco is another NESTLE in the MAKING....

If you mistakenly sell yours below 3Euros OYO.

*ThE OcToPuS*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2017
WAPCO is still showing good sign of moving south. I am getting prepare at a lower price.

Too expensive I think
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2017
PETERiCHY:

*ThE OcToPuS*

Not until you sell.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2017
BUA Group-Dangote Crisis: Edo Indefinitely Shuts Down Disputed Mines
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/19/bua-group-dangote-crisis-edo-indefinitely-shuts-disputed-mines/

Dangote Desperate to Kill Our Business Like Others—BUA Group
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/19/dangote-desperate-to-kill-our-business-like-others-bua-group/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2017
All these people preaching about WAPCO..... After they will call Oga CP monkey Hunter...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2017
^^
numbers will tells
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:56am On Dec 19, 2017
PETERiCHY:

*ThE OcToPuS*

When will you change from your ways?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:59am On Dec 19, 2017
mendes911:

All these people preaching about WAPCO..... After they will call Of a CP monkey Hunter...

Why raising the DUST ? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:59am On Dec 19, 2017
sellydion:
WAPCO is still showing good sign of moving south. I am getting prepare at a lower price.

Too expensive I think
check daily and weekly charts, I think lafarge wapco is over sold
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2017
PETERiCHY:

*ThE OcToPuS*

See biased opinion just because you are in the bus....No be only Nestle, na EVA water... grin...To all those trying to deceive newbies to invest in WAPCO by projecting baseless price target please stop. If you are not sure of what you are buying then don't buy. Not that you will buy and come here for people to help push up the price...It ain't gonna work... grin

Newbies even IF you are going to follow the nerd still do your DD.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2017
veecovee:

Market can remain oversold longer than you think, brother.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2017
sellydion:

Why raising the DUST ? grin

Dust no dey here oooo. Na snow full everywhere.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2017
veecovee:

I think you are wrong....See the chart screaming sell, sell... grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2017
@coolcash, let have the site/source of this info and ofcourse the selling has been oversold. MACD and RSI are all at over sold levels dear
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 19, 2017
PETERiCHY:

*ThE OcToPuS*

I just checked the the numbers in the stock and they are not ok. Admin expenses and finance cost. I know the rights will be used to offset the loans they have got but how about the admin expenses. They need to find a way to reduce that. Profitability is still far.

Except if you are on the contrarian side, then it will pay off if you balance well for Hopeville!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2017
stcool:

Ambitious?...WAPCO holds both value & growth potentials. Q4 would open the way. Q3 is the game parent company played, wait after rights is over grin

This stock is playing in the shadows of Dangcem. Difficult to show face when you are relegated to the background.

The management needs the agree to do something on that line if admin expenses.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2017
sellydion:

Market can remain oversold longer than you think, brother.

~ John Maynard Keynes

Great quote
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 11:57am On Dec 19, 2017
RabbiDoracle:

I just checked the the numbers in the stock and they are not ok. Admin expenses and finance cost. I know the rights will be used to offset the loans they have got but how about the admin expenses. They need to find a way to reduce that. Profitability is still far.

Except if you are on the contrarian side, then it will pay off if you balance well for Hopeville!
20% up is OK for me from this stock in less than 2months ... if not, their 4qtr result has to determine whether or not I all continue to hold
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
If the rights subscription turns out successful/unsuccessful, then one can start from there in judging LAFARGE. Ears on ground.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
Agbalowomeri:

When will you change from your ways?

The funny thing is that he will be the first to take profit if the price of wapco reaches 55 naira. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Coolcash1:

See biased opinion just because you are in the bus....No be only Nestle, na EVA water... grin...To all those trying to deceive newbies to invest in WAPCO by projecting baseless price target please stop. If you are not sure of what you are buying then don't buy. Not that you will buy and come here for people to help push up the price...It ain't gonna work... grin

Thanks for countering that unrealistic post.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Coolcash1:

Why I mostly stay away this days from here, it's always about deceiving newbies. Exactly same thing I heard when I mentioned fidelity on this forum months ago. How much is same fidelity now.
Who is a newbie and who is forcing anyone to buy a stock. As a matter of fact WAPCO offer full ground and rights is still ongoing, so one cannot talk about deceiving newbies here, Abeg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
veecovee:
20% up is OK for me from this stock in less than 2months ... if not, their 4qtr result has to determine whether or not I all continue to hold

How much loss is okay for you in two months? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
sky2891:
If the rights subscription turns out successful/unsuccessful, then one can start from there in judging LAFARGE. Ears on ground.
I read that they closed yesterday without extending the closure date, is this early closure not a sign of success?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) ... (7787) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: olaremint(m), Itsrm(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.