Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10891512 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
I am eager to rebalance my portfolio, start 2018 share buying
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
awesomeJ:
l
Definitely Rabbi, but I think for 2016, The surge was from 199 to 306, which is why I think it was more pronounced then.
Based on what my mind recalls, The MPC at the May'16 meeting decided to adopt a flexible exchange rate regime. That was the first lift of the peg that moved the naira to 280 ,till around Q4'16 when market forces pushed it to c.305.

Do banks currently value their FX assets using the NAFEX rate as against the official?

I learnt there is NIFEX rate of N330.

So no one knows what rate to be used.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
valentinenwoko:
No, I have Fidelity, CILEASING, Npfmcrbank, Transcorp, Oando, Multiverse, Deap Capital, Union REIT, Japaul

Your portfolio dey one kain, the only stock I can touch in that basket is Fidelity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
Investors Reject CBN Directive on Dividend Payment by Banks, Threaten Lawsuit
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/02/25/investors-reject-cbn-directive-dividend-payment-banks-threaten-lawsuit/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Your portfolio dey one kain, the only stock I can touch in that basket is Fidelity.
The greater the risk, the greater the reward. The greater the calculations put into the risk, the lesser its magnitude.

There are baskets of bluechips that have barely returned 15% YTD, whereas some penny-stock baskets have done c.100%

I think the difference between you guys is that unlike you sir, that Oga is merely trading those counters.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
awesomeJ:

The greater the risk, the greater the reward. The greater the calculations put into the risk, the lesser its magnitude.

There are baskets of bluechips that have barely returned 15% YTD, whereas some penny-stock baskets have done c.100%

I think the difference between you guys is that unlike you sir, that Oga is merely trading those counters.

(To the part in bold)

The oga is trapped. I think he bought in 2006- 2008 when the stocks was booming.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
valentinenwoko:
No, I have Fidelity, CILEASING, Npfmcrbank, Transcorp, Oando, Multiverse, Deap Capital, Union REIT, Japaul

I don't know how much you bought but try and keep Fidelity, NPF and Transcorp till you can recover the cost you bought it.

Sell others and start life afresh.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

(To the part in bold)

The oga is trapped. I think he bought in 2006- 2008 when the stocks was booming.

Some will still be trapped during this season in some funny 'counter'. I remember in 2013/14 season and how Loco being dey market am. Don't know how he got out of it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

(To the part in bold)

I see.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
valentinenwoko:

What a highly concentrated combination of deadly neuro-toxins.
This combo can deliver death in a matter of seconds if not for the relaxing traces of Fidelity.
This portfolio looks like a typical buy done through a broker's advice in those days of STOCKWATCH.
You may have to take over the wheel... shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
There is a daily cross over by a bank that will be on the fast lane from tomorrow.... shocked
It will open with a gap up tomorrow.
Last candle stick was a Marubozu.
Had a tight squeeze for a while.
Fairprice is N14.9 based on Q3.

NB: Not a buy/Sell/Hold recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
IchimokuPilot:
There is a daily cross over by a bank that will be on the fast lane from tomorrow.... shocked

Name the stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Name the stock

Name the stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

ACCESS BANK

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I learnt there is NIFEX rate of N330.

So no one knows what rate to be used.

The do actually. N331.85/$
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Cadillac15:

ACCESS BANK

...or UBA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 12:14am On Feb 26, 2018
This year plan to sell oando, Npfmcrbank bank, buy more if Transcorp based on Q1 2018 result.
Sell/ buy more of CILeasing or Fidelity based on Q1 2018.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Reply from CI LEASING

Dear Valentine,

The share reconstruction exercise is on track. C& I has engaged advisers to the transaction and they are working on it.

Regards

Alex
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 12:20am On Feb 26, 2018
See reply from email sent to investor relations of CILea
sing today

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:11am On Feb 26, 2018
My Take on the Market expectations for the last days of February up until the 1st week of the month of March;

As we officially draw close to the earnings season, it is not uncommon to see a greater market participation on the part of investors. For the most part, I expect to see an improved profitability accross board with a greater interest on key sectors especially the consumer goods, oil and gas and banking.
On an index basis, I expect the NSE pension and the NSE 30 to witness improved activities, while I also foresee the all share index heading the positive lane as investors try to key into fundamentally sound stocks with an eye on their year end coperate actions.
Overall, I believe we could gradually begin to witness the return of some positive sentiments after seen an over 4% pull back in the ASI month to date.

On the Macroeconomic front, there are indications that the Nigeria bureau of statistics will on Tuesday the 27th of February release the much anticipated GDP REPORT for the 4th quarter of 2017 and that of its full year. ...my view is that the report will be that of a strengthening recovery with a positive improvement Q/Q and an overall better year end foundation.
I believe that the GDP report will come in good, but if it does exceed expectations, then chances are that some of those excitement will likely find their way into the Market.

Again the NSE has already returned a nearly 12% gain when u deduct the close to 4% loss so far witnessed in the month of February. ...that 12% gain in January alone is almost equivalent to the 91 days accrued interest the last time the CBN did a Tbills auction.
...with the 182 and 364 days tenor just a minot 1.65% and 1.7% more than that figure respectively.
The next auction, scheduled for this thursday the 1st of March would most likely not be any different. ...and so some of those monies which hitherto would've been utilized therein would likely find their way into the stock market as yields on other investable income continue to trend downwards.

In all, 'I believe that the heart beat of the market still have some more room to pump up real good'. ...for the recent pull back, (which is just less 26% of the overall YTD gain) is only a necessary circle which makes for the dynamic nature of the market.
Luckily, our saviour commodity OIL, which is also of a major influence to the market trend and by extension health, has been holding out strong at above $60 pb, with output also at a good enough level to continually beef up our reserve which stood at $41.8 billion just last week.
...And so as long as the underlying fundermentals is still healthy, and u hold a stock that is TRULY WORTH HOLDING, then u should have total peace of mind.

Going into the earnings season, here are my top picks;
-DANGOTE SUGAR
-DANGOTE FLOUR
-FLOURMILLS
-CAVERTON
-ACCESS BANK
-FIDELITY BANK
-DIAMOND BANK
-ZENITH BANK
-UACN
-AFPRUD
-UCAP and
-TRANSCORP.

Remember that value is what u get when ur entry price is in itself valuable. ...in other words ur entry price should be the 1st to create the needed room for the expected value u so desire.
For if and when ur entry price is good, then ur exit price will most likely be a profitable one and vise versa.
...So I'll advise u do well to buy the DIP and invest in TRENCHES.

I wish us all a happy and profitable earnings season !!

NOTE: Onegentleguy is only but a small boy who sometimes indulges in a lot of random thoughts. ...This whole write up might just be one of them.
DD always advised pls.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 3:19am On Feb 26, 2018
fxuser:

Zenith also joins GTB with coy's above N1 trillion mkt cap

Which bank will be d next to join the TrillionGang ?

Current Status
1) Access N376 bln
2) FBN N419 bln
3) UBA N442.88 bln
4) Ecobank N474 bln

FBN grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 3:53am On Feb 26, 2018
valentinenwoko:
Pls when will the share reconstruction take place.
Pls why would CI LEASING start s process not finish it, in 2014 wanted to reconstructe shares 1:8, abandoned the project, 2017 shares another share reconstruction 1:4, keept shareholder in suspense. How long will it take. I attended the EGM, a question was asked when will the share reconstruction take place, chairman could not give a definitive answer, says depending on market situation. Why start it then

Reply from CI LEASING director

Dear Valentine,

The share reconstruction exercise is on track. C& I has engaged advisers to the transaction and they are working on it.

Regards

Alex

Mr Nwoko, you don't need to disclose your personal information like this nah.

Full name + email + phone number + employer name and address because of C&I reconstruction?

Don't be naive. You compromise not only your safety but that of your loved ones and contacts as well. Village people only need to trace you, 'obtain' your phone and from there work starts e.g they could start with resetting that your email password. Lol
Be careful of footprints you leave on the internet!!! grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 6:00am On Feb 26, 2018
Onuokwu:

...or UBA

UBA failed two points up there. The chart pattern fits Access only

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 26, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

If you name the bank,can village people trace you?happy new week o!wishing everyone a bullion bullish bullfull week.i never wake finish!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:55am On Feb 26, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2018
awesomeJ:

Well, I think regarding currency crisis, the worst is behind us.
I forecast a sub 300 dollar rate before the end of the coming year 2019 (Nafex/Parallel market), especially if the government of that time will also have a keen interest at strengthening the local currency. With a favourable price and output levels for oil, and all the prospective inflows from eurobonds, God will give us a 50-60bn reserves level before we end Q4'18.
When that happens, the CBN will be more comfortable with welcoming any such suggestion from the presidency as regards naira strengthening.

Alikote also mentioned that AD wants it at c.280 soon as his refinery commences operations next year, because he earns his bulk in naira and has huge dollar obligations. So his smart-thinking brain figures "the cheaper the dollar, the better"

We're hoping that before the end of next year, our petrol import bills will be replaced with petrol export receipt courtesy of Alhaji, God willing.

Government earn in dollars and spend in Naira. So a weak naira is to their advantage. Strengthening of the Naira will mean that they are not able to meet their local obligations (Salary).

Dangote will sell its petroleum products in DOLLARS. That is the currency of trade. He will get crude in dollars and sell refined products in dollars . That's why he will not make the mistake of opening a filling station cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:12am On Feb 26, 2018
Chibuking81:
The companies that declared their 2017 result so far, recorded loss when compared with 2016 final year, stocks like, Vita foam, Transhotel, Total, etc.
I begin to wonder, what will be the faith of some stocks yet to release their result. We witness recession in 2016, and recession left us in 2017, why those companies result during recession was better off, than when out of recession, even the oil companies was also affected, Total as a case study.

To properly analyse a company, you need to understand how it creates value. Total makes money by importing and selling petroleum products mainly!

As you are aware, only NNPC is importing so reduced turnover and profit.

Also, the greater part of Q4 2017 was filled with scarcity. So volumes sold by Total reduces hence lower turnover and profit!

Recession is not really the problem with companies like Total.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:43am On Feb 26, 2018
valentinenwoko:
Wow! You're unique.
My respect!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gloriousdawn: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2018
APR result is out, recommend a dividend of 40kobo per share.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mills55, UncleBone, sokul, Payunsin and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.