Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10893678 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 8:37am On Aug 01, 2014
Dexterax:
If your faculties have depreciated so much as to take the the above instruction and execute it (no matter how the instruction is framed on NL and SMN), then you're playing in the Nigerian Soccer League while others are playing the Barclays Premiership.
This man, pls don't KILLLLLLLL me with laughter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Happy new month all.
Fundermentally speakin and going by the results released so far, if I were to buy one stock , dt stock will be mobil and I can bet my left arsenal dt dts wat agbalowomeri is buying.

Mobil and ashaka cement released fantastic results. D dude has given u several indicators among which roe is his no 1. Mobil also has small os.

The truth is dt there is herd mentality and u don't expect him to tell u wat he is buying wen he is accumulating cos once there is vol on low os stocks , price apreciates and it becomes unavailable. Wat happened in eterna is a typical eg.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:31am On Aug 01, 2014
mercylicious: Happy new month all.
Fundermentally speakin and going by the results released so far, if I were to buy one stock , dt stock will be mobil and I can bet my left arsenal dt dts wat agbalowomeri is buying.
Mobil and ashaka cement released fantastic results. D dude has given u several indicators among which roe is his no 1. Mobil also has small os.
Yet again the volume and direction of shares are of great importance. Timing of the market is also key i.e Most companies on the NSE will release unaudited half year results in July. Typically, in anticipation of the release of positive news the inside folks on the NSE and the individual companies take positions. While they exit if impending news will be negative.
Between the 14th and 15th of July, Mobil experienced an 8 fold increase in volume in the positive. This continued for a few days. And on release of the fantastic result on the 30th many took profits.
As in all posts on this forum your due diligence is always necessary. Be wary of chasing a moving train, or catching falling knives.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2014
mpi210:
When folks here give stock picks and put Caveat emptor at the end (for due diligence) means you should know how to value stocks.
The link below from investopedia would help people to understand this DUE DILIGENCE.
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/08/due-diligence.asp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:13am On Aug 01, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Bros are you for real or you are joking ? Abeg free Oga agbalowo. Nothing the guy do. This is exactly what I said in my first post about not knowing what you are doing in the market . The so called Oga was so magnanimous that a few post ago he gave some wonderful picks which I am sure he must have reviewed again after seeing a couple of results today . He saw a wonderful opportunity and he plugged in and you are paranoid because he did no tell you when he was buying . How far na? If only you took time to ask him how he does his picks , you wont be mad that he is buying as you would have seen the opportunity too . However you seem to be more interested in somebody who will tell you to buy honeywell because there is something in the pipeline or buy Nestle because there will soon be a major acquisition . Even if the person is kind enough to let you know when he is buying, how would you know when to sell. There are some firebrand Ogas in this forum who know their stuff very well and even when they are dining with cowboys, they do it with very long spoon . If you try and have a rational discussion on stock picks, the next thing is people will be wishing bad because they think you are trying to talk down the stock . Oando to Eterna to Transcorp to Skyebank to Sterling just name it . Why are you buying apart from rumours about some supposed inside information? Why do you buy a stock? If you buy because other people are buying, you have a problem but if you buy a one Naira stock for fifty kobo then you know what you are doing. How do you do that? They are various parameters you use and by the time you include the necessary discount while making your valuation thereby incorporating a very wide safety of margin, chances are you will never go wrong . Abeg make una no dey make me write long essay . Feel free to ask any questions . Do not ask me what to buy if you are not ready to hold for a minimum of at least 2 years or more. If you can turn over the money that quickly good luck but when it goes wrong be kind enough to let us know you were burnt too

Bros soon na portfolio picture people go begin ask for
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2014
mercylicious: Happy new month all.

The truth is dt there is herd mentality and u don't expect him to tell u wat he is buying wen he is accumulating cos once there is vol on low os stocks , price apreciates and it becomes unavailable. Wat happened in eterna is a typical eg.

Better don't play poker because you lack the skill

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 10:24am On Aug 01, 2014
Oando is currently seeing red..There is going to be blood on the market floor today. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2014
Market update on oando as @ 10.30
Offer more than bid
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:38am On Aug 01, 2014
Yem0350: Market update on oando as @ 10.30
Offer more than bid

I thought I was seeing Oando at 10.30 naira, omo na to just close shop, dey go house straight.

27.05 at the moment sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2014
Dragonking: Oando is currently seeing red..There is going to be blood on the market floor today. smiley

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2014
27.26 @ the moment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2014
nitrogen:

I thought I was seeing Oando at 10.30 naira, omo na to just close shop, dey go house straight.

27.05 at the moment sha.

LOL!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eagleeye2: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2014
Moneysage:

Sir, I can imagine how you feel. If your request pertains the most recent pay out, then the response you are getting from First Registrars may not be absurd. Pls, kindly exercise patience (though not easy) till the cheque becomes void (Dec 2014), and ask the Registrars again.

NB: I'm giving a benefit of the doubt that the warrant has not been hijacked...maybe just wrongly delivered or kept in some place. sad
If the cheque becomes void or hijacked, is there anything I can do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2014
deept: following this thread is something else, drama here (to me) is third to USA/Russia and Israel/Hamas.
Relatively new to investing in Nigeria stock exchange/capital market and this thread has helped a lot, kudos to the ''ogas'' and ''dudes'' and ''guys'' and ''bnsitl''.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the results of skyebank and the current price of the stock, the stock is about 60% undervalued, true value should be about 8.50 thereabout? FBNH just reached its true value. A lot of stock in this market is overvalued.

Nice one, bro! It's been a while we saw u here. I'm also on FBNH's trail. Ur submissions are not incongruent.

@SoBrit: Pls take no offence at the response to your observation. Pple are entitled to their behaviour, never mind the touted disclaimers. Also, as UkwuSomething grin mentioned, it's difficult to see pple tell u when they are digging a gold mine (even if we are bnsitl)...Such is life. I don't call pple "real bad" or slight them for a faceless and presumed dishonesty. We swore NO oath of allegiance.

@Dexterax: I appreciate ur input. I also thought of 2 things: That the channel u talked about may last for a while (as I thought for UACN-P after the quasi gap down, with Oga Immanuello). Second, if any inflection happens from overall market mood, in the short term inter alia, then a negative one is likely.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Dragonking: Oando is currently seeing red..There is going to be blood on the market floor today. smiley
how much is UNILEVER? I want to know b4 selling it b4 the close of today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 11:39am On Aug 01, 2014
eagleeye2:
If the cheque becomes void or hijacked, is there anything I can do?

If void, then good news! Kindly get a Banker's Confirmation of Signature and present it with your Means of Identification. They will reactivate it for you...just that you may need to go there personally and physically.

If hijacked, then not good. It is difficult tracing such transactions in a system like Nigeria...cos it means d alleged theif has d same Name as you have and was able to get references to open a Current account. You wouldn't also know which bank and branch the cheque was paid in.

But, I doubt an e-dividend would hv been activated. So, u can activate an e-dividend form while u await the next gbemu from Pa Onasanya & co. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 11:42am On Aug 01, 2014
Jonathan launches terror victim support fund @ State Banquet Hall, Abuja.
Aliko Dangote N1B.
Tony Elumelu N2.5B.
Aurthur EZE $5m.
36 States governos and FCT N3.7B.
Mr Wale Tinubu N1B.
OILAND Gas industry N17B.
Fedral Government N10B.
Alh Maga N500M.
Gen Danjuma $10m.
Chief Adenuga N1B.
Telecommunication N1B.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2014
ThisDay Live

HOME > NEWS
Oando Ups Oil Production to 50kbpd with Acquisition of ConocoPhillips

01 Aug 2014

OANDO PLC

Chineme Okafor
Oando Energy Resources Incorporated (OER), a subsidiary of Oando Plc, yesterday announced a swift rise in its total crude oil production capacity from just about 4,500 barrels per day (bpd) to 50,000bpd following its acquisition of the Nigerian upstream oil and gas assets of ConocoPhillips for a total cash consideration of $1.5 billion.

The Chief Executive Officer of OER, Mr Pade Durotoye said at a press briefing in Abuja, that the acquisition of ConocoPhillips now transformed it as a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas operator.

Durotoye stated that OER expects its shareholders to see a year-end profit after tax in the region of $150 million, following from similar closing balance sheet of ConocoPhillips which last operated the assets and gained that much in 2013.

According to him, the acquisition includes its interests in six oil fields; four of which are currently producing, 12 production stations, Brass River terminal with a capacity of 3.6 million barrels (mmbbls), three gas plant facilities, 1490 kilometres of pipeline network and the 480 megawatts (MW) Kwale Okpai Independent Power Plant (IPP)
ConocoPhillips’ Nigerian oil and gas businesses consist of onshore and offshore businesses.

The onshore business consists of Phillips Oil Company Nigeria Limited, which holds a 20-per-cent non-operating interest in Oil Mining Leases (OMLs) 60, 61, 62, and 63 as well as related infrastructure and facilities in the Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) Joint Venture (NAOC JV).

The other co-ventures are the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with a 60 per-cent interest and NAOC, which is the operator with 20 per cent interest.

The offshore business consists of Conoco Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited, which holds a 95 per cent operating interest in OML 131 located 70 kilometres offshore in water depths of 500 metres to 1,200m and Phillips Deepwater Exploration Nigeria Limited, which holds a 20-per-cent non-operating interest in Oil Prospecting Licence (OPL) 214 located 110 kilometres offshore in water depths of 800m to 1,800m.

The other co-ventures are ExxonMobil, which is the operator with 20 per cent interest, Chevron (20 per cent), Svenska (20 per cent), Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (15per cent) and Sasol (5per cent). Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, had in June 2014 approved the conversion of OPL 214 to OML 145 for an initial period of 20 years.

“This transaction was made possible due to the overwhelming support from our shareholders, the Federal Government of Nigeria, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the international and local financial institutions that assisted with the necessary debt funding.

“The acquisition speaks to our inorganic growth strategy of acquiring choice assets with good production rates, a large two key reserve base and two sea resource potentials for future developments,” Durotoye said.

He added that: “Oando Energy Resources as a consolidated entity now has working interests and investments in 16 licenses that produce about 45,000 to 50,000bpd equivalent per day with 2P reserves of 230 millions of oil and 2C resources of 536 million barrels; our team is well positioned to develop these assets and unlock values for our shareholders.”

Durotoye noted that OER has the right mix of capacities to operate the acquired assets.

“We are committed to playing our role as a leader in this industry and look forward to transactions of this nature to promote Nigerian grown companies to prominent positions internationally,” he said.

On the expectations of OER’s shareholders, he said: “With regards to the balance sheet, the acquisition was $1.5 billion, which was financed by a combination of equity and debt ratio of 50/50 and that essentially modified the balance sheet.

“We have identified that the asset is in production and cash supportive and it can support this structure of financing. That speaks directly of what it does to our shareholders.”

“The previous owners in the year 2013 generated a profit after tax that was $150 million, I will also like to point out that year was one that started on a little bit on the slow side because of a unique flood at the end of 2012 down south of Nigeria that severely affected the facilities and production of oil companies in Nigeria.

“Directionally, we expect for our shareholders to see profit after tax in that region; the business continues to grow and there are significant growth opportunities that we are able to see already manifesting in the production, which will be immediately generative and additive to our shareholders.”

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2014
So Tinubu through his brother could donate 1 billion for Jonathan's course?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:51am On Aug 01, 2014
Durotoye stated that OER expects its shareholders to see a year-end profit after tax in the region of $150 million, following from similar closing balance sheet of ConocoPhillips which last operated the assets and gained that much in 2013.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2014
So Alh Maga actually exists!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
Learnafrica currently losing over 10percent
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
Dexterax:

Bruv, I just set up my preferred technical indicators for CWA;

1. the current alignment of the 3 MAs will mean that our game will be put on hold for now. If the MAs go into a squeeze and the price action breaks above the 100-day MA, then we can log in... wink

2. the price action has been range bound for a while too, only affording a maximum profit potential of around 42k since 17-Apr-2014.

Nice weekend bruv...
hmmm I can only decode cwa as costain west africa;, no?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SKYQUEST(m): 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
Dear all, somebody should kindly explain the meaning of the two statements below to me: ''we would recommend that you go for short at current market price (CMP) of N49 for the target of N46 and N44 with stop-loss of N52'' and ''we would recommend for traders and investors to go for long at N 1.13 and book profit at N1.25 and N1.33; with the stop-loss of N1.05.''
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eagleeye2: 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Moneysage:

If void, then good news! Kindly get a Banker's Confirmation of Signature and present it with your Means of Identification. They will reactivate it for you...just that you may need to go there personally and physically.

If hijacked, then not good. It is difficult tracing such transactions in a system like Nigeria...cos it means d alleged theif has d same Name as you have and was able to get references to open a Current account. You wouldn't also know which bank and branch the cheque was paid in.

But, I doubt an e-dividend would hv been activated. So, u can activate an e-dividend form while u await the next gbemu from Pa Onasanya & co. grin
Ok.
I will activate an e-dividend right away.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
soloniger: hmmm I can only decode cwa as costain west africa;, no?

Correct, yes!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
passwelle: So Alh Maga actually exists!
google manga katsina nigeria
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
nitrogen:

grin grin grin grin

I love this forum.
grin grin grin grin grin just they look grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 1:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
Oxygen is failing!
We shall overcome.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
something is happening in oando. using itrade terminal wen u refresh, there are no offers yet no bids. and yet its being traded heavily

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
How market, my bnsitl?

Meanwhile, Evilspirit is conspicuously absent. I think we need to search for him. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
stokfrick: something is happening in oando. using itrade terminal wen u refresh, there are no offers yet no bids. and yet its being traded heavily

IT happens not only in Oando

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ernie4life(m), nnadengram(m), SetrakusRa(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.