Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10921896 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) ... (7766) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

My pessimism will not affect the market.

Then why not keep it to yourself? Must you reply to everything with your negative spirit?

Good to know when one is sounding like a broken record

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
Kashif:

Then why not keep it to yourself? Must you reply to everything with your negative spirit?

Na wa for some people ooo, people just they para anyhow on NSEMPA as if comments here dictates direction of NSE. Where is our freedom of speech here if we can't tolerate each other. We need both sides of optimism and pessimism to put ourselves in check now while investing.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Pessimism, Optimism and Realism. Isn't it better to just accept what the market throws up, whether bull or bear? Why chose Optimism or Pessimism over the other?

If the post is continuously 'encouraging' no one will get angry so why get angry if it goes the other way? Just try to follow the market and not pitch yourself against the market (eg being optimistic when the bears surface or pessimistic when the bulls rage)

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
I remembered there was a gent/lady here who bought Japaul at its peak despite several warnings by the guru here that its fraud and has no fundamentals and the guy was justifying his purchase by, saying, such pull back is necessary after several days of bull runs. We all know that, the rest is history.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mpeace:
Something don already enter diamond. No space for milost. Just waut for results(Q4 2017 and q1 2018)

SMH.....

If only you will look well?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
Jejebaba:

Na wa for some people ooo, people just they para anyhow on NSEMPA as if comments here dictates direction of NSE. Where is our freedom of speech here if we can't tolerate each other. We need both sides of optimism and pessimism to put ourselves in check now while investing.

What you quoted sir, is my freedom of speech.

I am not intolerant, but when most people are complaining of a particular thing, don't you think the 'offender(s)' should soft pedal?

Why keep taunting people who may have bought higher all in the name of freedom of speech? It has become obvious most peeps here are not enjoying those 'pessimistic' tones anymore, why indulge?

If you are driving caution into the minds of traders, enough has been said already!

#MyOpinion

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
Kashif:

I am not intolerant, but when most people are complaining of a particular thing, don't you think the 'offender(s)' should soft pedal?

Why keep taunting people who may have bought higher all in the name of freedom of speech? It has become obvious most peeps here are not enjoying those 'pessimistic' tones anymore, why indulge?

If you are driving caution into the minds of traders, enough has been said already!

#MyOpinion

Ok sir, so saying, someone sounding as a broken record is freedom of speech? Its well sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
Manonamission:

Pessimism, Optimism and Realism. Isn't it better to just accept what the market throws up, whether bull or bear? Why chose Optimism or Pessimism over the other?

If the post is continuously 'encouraging' no one will get angry so why get angry if it goes the other way? Just try to follow the market and not pitch yourself against the market (eg being optimistic when the bears surface or pessimistic when the bulls rage)

I completely agree with you. A little here, and a little there; that's the balance.

When the bull was raging, these same people were saying that the bulls are not here yet, postulating about the share prices being US cents.

The bear came, it is now a different unending bear story. Lets just understand some people might be hurting; if only you can see offline lamentations. grin angry

Its easy to forget nobody knows tomorrow; the market has got its own mind.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fopishow(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Legend has it that, the people who makes noise most on this thread are the people with Zero or the least stocks. All they do is write too much stories that even people with reasonable comments no longer find space to do so. It is pathetic. God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yayira:
FBNH 12.20 so they were waiting for me to get out. grin grin

I am out of FBN too...
It should be moving kuru kere btw 11 to 12...
Should go for less than 10 once result is out...
We have seen it all with GTB & Zenith, banking mkt leaders
Waiting to see the magic from other banks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
Coolcash1:
I have come to realize that in the NSE, it pays to approach the market with a pessimistic than optimistic view. With this mindset, you manage your downside risk better. For instance, looking at the fantastic result Zenith released an optimist would have expected the stock to go on bid or at minimum record momentum in price gain but hey, what we saw was complete opposite- pessimism. On the flip side, someone who holds a pessimistic view would have predicted the price to head south and then wait before taking position at the value zone. With this, the investor would have hedge his downside risk to a very large extent unlike mr optimist.

I give another personal example. During the FBNH rally, I was very optimistic that the price will get to N16 (as predicted by experts and members of this forum) which made me to enter at a very high price. What I saw was that it before i knew it the price entered reverse gear and the target of N16 turned into a mirage. In short, I had to sell at a loss.... grin

Newbies note that the above apply more to short term investors than long term.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
Kashif:

You are pained ooo.... chai grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
Jejebaba:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
Manonamission:

If people dey vex like this, imagine if dem catch me for Ojuelegba?

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
Whats up with eterna. Is result out?Its almost on full bid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

If people dey vex like this, imagine if dem catch me for Ojuelegba?

grin grin grin grin

Dem go stone you wella
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
Jejebaba:
I remembered there was a gent/lady here who bought Japaul at its peak despite several warnings by the guru here that its fraud and has no fundamentals and the guy was justifying his purchase by, saying, such pull back is necessary after several days of bull runs. We all know that, the rest is history.

Selling when the door is narrowed in Japaul is difficult. Especially when there are news debunking the investment grin grin

419 are in various forms.

I remembered in Lagos when we told a neighbor that they want to do her 419. She said noo... That it is business. We told her she was hypnotized. She didn't agree.

After the transactions, bobos don take off. She realised herself and was blaming neighbours for not they giving her a hot slap to wake her up. grin

Now Milost don wooze them back and front.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
Kashif:

#MyOpinion

(in Pa Ihedioranma's voice) ONE LOVE

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
fopishow:
Legend has it that, the people who makes noise most on this thread are the people with Zero or the least stocks. All they do is write too much stories that even people with reasonable comments no longer find space to do so. It is pathetic. God help us all.

Legend? Which legend? grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
freeman67:

It operates through three segments: Refreshment Beverages, Confectionery and Intermediate Cocoa Products. The Refreshment Beverages segment includes the manufacture and sale of Bournvita and Hot Chocolate. The Confectionery segment includes the manufacture and sale of Tom Tom and Buttermint. The Intermediate Cocoa Products segment includes the manufacture and sale of cocoa powder, cocoa butter, cocoa liquor and cocoa cake. The Refreshment Beverages' brands include CADBURY BOURNVITA and CADBURY 3-in-1 HOT CHOCOLATE. The Confectionery's brands include TOMTOM CLASSIC, TOMTOM STRAWBERRY and BUTTERMINT. The Intermediate Cocoa Products' brands include COCOA POWDER and COCOA BUTTER.

I meant like cadburys product u use every day,for me none, compared to nestle that at all at all, I must use maggi cook
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
Cadillac15:

grin grin grin grin

Dem go stone you wella

No one is yet to understand the cause of the sell pressure. Bad result, good result ooo, sell intensifies. Hence the anger.

I can understand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
Jejebaba:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
[quote author=Coolcash1 post=65999499][/quote]

- Dont agree with you.. I rather be optimistic
-If FBN had actually reach N16, you will be smiling
-Having a pessimistic view will create too much fear in trading.
- I always ve the fllwg at the back of my mind.
-Stock Trading is a game of uncertainty.
-U win some trades and will definitely lose some trades.
-Cut your loss early when you lose and search for other opportunities.
-Dont be greedy when you are winning, get your profit as soon possible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
Kashif:

Why did you wait this long to throw your stone?

Read all the other comments by 10pm at night. Only read the ones relevant to your trade action during trading period.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
spenca:
THE dumpers have started with zenith again

grin After sucking dem in @ 28.80 ..dey release am lil by lil

Able to buy @ 27.40 yester ..will see how far either way, if it goes down i cut my loss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2018
Its baffling who and who is actually pained here ..... those that bought stocks falling in prices or the ones that keeps ranting up and down the forum
Just wondering because I've not really read outbursts of those who used their money to purchase those stocks here but of those been irritated by the rants........... wonders shall never end shocked tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kashif(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

LOL! You think so? You no reach! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
maishai:

I meant like cadburys product u use every day,for me none, compared to nestle that at all at all, I must use maggi cook

That's true... Only Tom Tom seem to be common these days yet it's not in every home. Their most recognised product(Bournvita) seem to be disappearing from homes with no enough improvement and advert to push it back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
Manonamission:

For, Pessimism is better, because it makes me defensive and more careful.

Protecting your capital in the first rule in investing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mcy56:
Its baffling who and who is actually pained here ..... those that bought stocks falling in prices or the ones that keeps ranting up and down the forum
Just wondering because I've not really read outbursts of those who used their money to purchase those stocks here but of those been irritated by the ranting........... wonders shall never end shocked tongue
They cry more than the bereaved.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Sincerely speaking, it is not good to play with peoples' emotion especially when it has to do with money, taking into consideration the economic situation in the country. Some invested their savings, some sold properties to invest, while some invested with other peoples' money. It is enough trouble seeing their investment going downward. Then for you and other forum members to still be castigating/mocking them is like a direct insult.

The truth is that everybody cannot enter stocks at the same time, some will enter early, some late and some when the trouble is at its peak. That is life. Even if you go to the street and start throwing money everywhere, some people will still not be able to get there at the right time either by omission/commission.

Please let us learn to tolerate each other no matter the situation. With due regards please.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) ... (7766) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Boshins, leparj(m), MysTeerioz(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.