Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10900265 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) (3368) (3369) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
Those who didnt buy zenith today at 29 will eventually buy it at 30+ on Tuesday,the last day for dividend qualifications.Gtb closing on full bid today is a mirrow to zenith bank on price movement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
Mpeace:
You think it is market makers because you don't really know for sure who it actually is. Abi your browser dey show name of buyer? Stop speculating bro.

If you don't know, ask!

I guess you also didn't know the period this happened. Market makers are the one's allowed to add/remove bids from 10.05am till market opens for trading by 10.15am They are also allowed to bid once the system is about to cut off at 2.29pm (sometimes even after 2.29pm though I think NSE has stopped that one).

During pre-bid, they were buying up all units to open FCMB at +5% and subsequently closes same stock neutral at end of trade. This went on for a long while at N2.00 - N2.10, before they drove the price to N3.6+ and then left it to return to base.

I don't speculate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
Just took a quick glance at the YE result of FORTE OIL.
...and my take is very simple; SELL NOW !!

Apart from the concern raised by Sir ORACLE, a good perusal of the result is signalling a company that is fast loosing its market share, depreciating in trend and probably confused as to the way forward.
Frankly, I find some of the indices very disturbing and wonder if its still the same SIR FO we use to know that is still there.
...even the quest to better their margin from the power sub (which by the way, is their non-core business arm) still leaves some doubt.

More so a company with a cost of sale at an over 90% and 62% equivalent to revenue in core and non-core business arm respectively should worry any right thinking investor. ...this means that for every N1 generated revenue, they spent over 0.90k and 0.62k either side of the business arm. ... now that's ridiculous !!
For its either the company is struggling from a very bad management, or someone, somewhere is trying to play some expensive pranks on it.

Given FOs YE result, I have a fair price thats now at a 49% discount from todays closing price of N42.
...which is approx N22.

U dont need a soothsayer to tell u what should naturally be ur immediate line of action.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
locodemy:
Those who didnt buy zenith today at 29 will eventually buy it at 30+ on Tuesday,the last day for dividend qualifications.Gtb closing on full bid today is a mirrow to zenith bank on price movement.

cha! u greedy small sha, so zenith eventually force the dividend on you grin u don't use to stick to ur simple strategy

forget campaign after election, zenith can even open 29 and trade below 29 on tuesday.. by Wednesday mark down below 27. and mr time will thereafter determine future price.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2018
currentprice:

cha! u greedy small sha, so zenith eventually force the dividend on you grin u don't use to stick to ur simple strategy

forget campaign after election, zenith can even open 29 and trade below 29 on tuesday.. by Wednesday mark down below 27. and mr time will thereafter determine future price

grin grin grin

People planning for dividends when some of us have already "chopped" ours.

It's OK.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
currentprice:

forget campaign after election, zenith can even open 29 and trade below 29 on tuesday.. by Wednesday mark down below 27. and mr time will thereafter determine future price.

grin grin grin

good one @ jejebaba bought @ 26.80 check out at 30.90 all within a week....will come back after mark down to loot it again. win-win situation

abeg teach loco to catch finish now

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2018
mendes911:

If you don't know, ask!

I guess you also didn't know the period this happened. Market makers are the one's allowed to add/remove bids from 10.05am till market opens for trading by 10.15am They are also allowed to bid once the system is about to cut off at 2.29pm (sometimes even after 2.29pm though I think NSE has stopped that one).

During pre-bid, they were buying up all units to open FCMB at +5% and subsequently closes same stock neutral at end of trade. This went on for a long while at N2.00 - N2.10, before they drove the price to N3.6+ and then left it to return to base.

I don't speculate.
So apart from mm, no one can bid at the said time when the transactions occurred? My broda, you can lie no be small. I have bought shares by 2.29 before.
Well, if you looked closely at the posted screenshot you would notice that the trades started before 2.28 and that our friend's post captured trades that occurred at about 2.28.
Stop teaching what you don't know. We know the gurus here, and me and you are not one of them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Stallion93(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
Check my signature if interested in buying a land @port Harcourt metropolis
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
currentprice:

grin grin grin

@ Loco merely follows his instinct in buying and selling.
He is more of a typical business man. ...and so often times, he brings it to the table when trading on stocks.
Then u get to see him sell either earlier or later than necessary. ...with buying, he also usually makes the same mistake.
Btw, he also often fails to read thru the lines when he is given a sincere advise.

However I still like to wish him well in his many endeavors.
...perhaps that's his own strategy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
Mpeace:
So apart from mm, no one can bid at the said time when the transactions occurred? My broda, you can lie no be small. I have bought shares by 2.29 before.
Well, if you looked closely at the posted screenshot you would notice that the trades started before 2.28 and that our friend's post captured trades that occurred at about 2.28.
Stop teaching what you don't know. We know the gurus here, and me and you are not one of them.
@mendes911 is actually right. That is the official market rules. Though, this rules may be breached at times, but that is in rare occasion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2018
currentprice:

grin grin grin

I am optimistic on zenith bank this time.I have every opportunity to bail out at 30.50 but I refused.
zenith will mark down next week.If the price recovers back to 30 in one or two weeks,I think I chop free dividend and also make profit @my capital.Both of us or either you or me may be wrong about the current situation of the market and predictions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Mpeace:

Chai Diamond stone grin

Mendes who asked you to dump diamond; now been thrown at you grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
Mpeace:

The most important thing in life is to first understand before speaking. Don't argue just for the sake of argument!.

Re-read my post again and understand what I said to RationalMind. My post was about FCMB and MM of long time ago.

Am also not here to teach and never have I ever said anything about being a guru, if you heard that from me, then there must be voices in your head that speaks to you and not me! Am only here to gauge the mood of investors/traders like "you" to know how to up my game for better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Chai Diamond stone grin

Mendes who asked you to dump diamond; now been thrown at you grin

LOL. I understand his predicaments.

He was accumulating Diamond right from N2.60 - N2.80 to sell at N6.00 and suddenly did a u-turn to dump same stock. A trade plan that has no direction, is that one a trade plan?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2018
Since market is full of uncertainties now,It is better for me to buy zenith at this current price and chop fat dividend than to buy fcmb/diamond I havent seen their results and not sure of dividend plus ascertion their prices will go down upon release of results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2018
currentprice:

good one @ jejebaba bought @ 26.80 check out at 30.90 all within a week....will come back after mark down to loot it again. win-win situation

abeg teach loco to catch finish now

grin

I learnt this from my Afripud bitter experience. I was waiting to collect dividend and didn't sell at 5 naira just because of 40k dividend and the price is now 4.06 lost 0.94k because of 36kobo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
Jejebaba:

I learnt this from my Afripud bitter experience. I was waiting to collect dividend and didn't sell at 5 naira just because of 40k dividend and the price is now 4.06 lost 0.94k because of 36kobo.

You have not loose anything yet unless you need cash.Afriprud in weeks to come will go back to #5.
Just enjoy your dividend.You cant be right at all times.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
mendes911:

LOL. I understand his predicaments.

He was accumulating Diamond right from N2.60 - N2.80 to sell at N6.00 and suddenly did a u-turn to dump same stock. A trade plan that has no direction, is that one a trade plan?
Point of correction, I am selling my diamond at 8. not 6. I will consider 6, a loss.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
Mpeace:
Lol. I done sell all my Diamond bank. Oya make una do de needful.

And this was?

Abeg no do like Sir Peterichy. E no go fit you!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
Mpeace:
Point of correction, I am selling my diamond at 8. not 6. I will consider 6, a loss.
I like your confidence and optimism.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
locodemy:

Good but ccnn is 50% better.

In yield? Show your stats.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
kolaish:
@mendes911 is actually right. That is the official market rules. Though, this rules may be breached at times, but that is in rare occasion.
kindly post the said rule that says only mm can buy stocks by 2.29.
Mind you the trades in question(GTB) started before 2.28. infact, higher bids started coming from about 2.14.
In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I maintain that the trades could have been done by any one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
mendes911:

And this was?

You didnt understand what he meant by that.I knew when he made the comment.He was joking.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
Jejebaba:

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
.....and the tier II banks AFS are stuck in CBN. Monitoring activated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
locodemy:

You have not loose anything yet unless you need cash.Afriprud in weeks to come will go back to #5.
Just enjoy your dividend.You cant be right at all times.

As in lock in your money now till March 2019?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2018
mendes911:

And this was?

Only loco will understand that post. It was made when he said Eterna share price went up because I left. It was a joke and he very well understood it. For record purposes, note that I am not selling a single unit of my diamonds before q1 2018 result.
For what ever it is worth to you, I bought more diamonds today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2018
Jejebaba:

When you wake up is your morning. You have learnt a critical lesson for the rest of the season and next year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) (3368) (3369) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kaykehin and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.