Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10921778 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3579) (3580) (3581) (3582) (3583) (3584) (3585) ... (7766) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 22, 2018
mendes911:

Fidelity might be bae for a quick 10% by the end of this week. The question now is whether to risk for the small fries (10%) or rather have the patience of Job and keep waiting for the big pay day.

#Uncertainties of Life.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 22, 2018
mendes911:

That means you will sell them to me at below N1.00 (If you buy at N1.20, I expect your stop loss to trigger below N1 and being a gentleman, you will respect your stop loss). grin grin tongue

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:
Trading
- they tell u just Buy Low and Sell High , sounds very easy ... it's actually easier to end up selling low and buying high.

lolx #sigh

Such is life.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:45pm On May 22, 2018
mendes911:

Can you explain more please?

just comparing % drops from 52 wk highs ! some charts are very scary esp d ones wt prices breaking below their 200 moving avg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 22, 2018
sellydion:

The king of the mattress! Nobody knows it all, for me to wound

the market go try. Never say never shaa. Seriously I enjoy this bear

Many stocks are coming down for another round of loading. Being bold

does not say you should enter market without knowledge.

No matter how, at the heart of trading or investing is risk management.

Always good to have cash at this point when market is down.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:
if u suffer from itchy fingers like me , just keep d amounts very very small . .

Na TA tinz.

FA will just fix a price and wait for the termites to fall to the ground.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:48pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:

just comparing % drops from 52 wk highs ! some charts are very scary esp d ones wt prices breaking below their 200 moving avg

OhOk. Thanks. All these charts toorrr, that was how I followed one chart once and got lost. You are doing OK reading them, enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:
Diamondian prisoners are occasionally taken out to work, some refuse to return, others are faithful, the prison facilities continue to deteriorate... grin
Bet on nothing when it comes to Nigerian managers.
I once thought Diamond will never visit sub N2.00 not knowing a pig will always return to its base.. grin
How this guy is so efficient in mismanaging this bank amazes me.. cry

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:

deriz no better teacher dan Mr bear , Mr bull is too forgiving

You seem to have injured badly.

Take it easy bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:49pm On May 22, 2018
mendes911:

Fidelity might be bae for a quick 10% by the end of this week. The question now is whether to risk for the small fries (10%) or rather have the patience of Job and keep waiting for the big pay day.

#Uncertainties of Life.

no mind d MM, he shud try N2.05 nah and see if buyers wont turn up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 22, 2018
TLAX:

Lol.... grin grin grin

Easier said than done otherwise there would be more successful stockmarket traders/speculators/investors than those who gave up along the way out of frustration and despair.

Now to all my fellow players in this and other markets although i suspect you know these already... from insightful information i have pieced together from many sources - Less than 7% of SM participants get really rich from doing business in the markets - Equity, futures, currency (even worse here) etc. About 30% breakeven after years of trying, and the rest just give up and move on to something else.

Another interesting thing from reading Warren Buffets Letters to shareholders for 2016 and 2017, although this is conventional wisdom, lots of folks are much better off by just investing in index funds. In Nigeria we have quite a few promoted by leading brokers and investment banks. They do this thing for a living.

Now, Another Insight, There is no one way to make money from the markets. You need to constantly evolve. A strategy that made money 3 years ago can backfire and cost you your fortune. Your focus should be on making money and not on particular shares you hold. Emotional attachment is dangerous.

From personal experience...If you want to make thripple digit returns, it can't be found in the well managed and stable companies with nice financials. Those ones will deliver nice annual returns that beat returns on government securities by a mile. Thripple digit returns are in distressed stocks...NOTE:Distressed stocks, not DISTRESSED COMPANIES. There are about 3 i see clearly in the market now. It takes a measure of boldness, healthy risk appetite and research into these companies to unlock the returns. Never forget your statistics 101 lessons on Probability.

Be Greedy at the right time, fearful at the right time and never let over-confidence and over-familiarity with the market kick in. Otherwise, the market will get you.

I like this. Did you compose this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:51pm On May 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

You seem to have injured badly.

Take it easy bro.

u seem to be taking it wrongly ..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:

lollx d many limitations of not having unlimited capital

The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

~ John Maynard Keynes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:53pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:

no mind d MM, he shud try N2.05 nah and see if buyers wont turn up

Chief, what if the MM over powers the buyers at N2.05? Remember how Jesus Christ feed 5,000 with 5 loafs of bread and 2 fishes and still had excess in surplus (Just Joking grin)

I pray none of the heavy weight with so much shares decides to offload (not that am not wishing for this shaaa).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 22, 2018
mendes911:

The market needs to go down before these bulls can surface again. It's been long over due.

There are bulls. Look well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:55pm On May 22, 2018
mendes911:

OhOk. Thanks. All these charts toorrr, that was how I followed one chart once and got lost. You are doing OK reading them, enjoy.

- both TA and FA offer no opinion of their own . show 10 people and u get 8 to 12 different opinions

- the eyes will see what the eyes want to see #imo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:

u seem to be taking it wrongly ..

grin ok sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 3:00pm On May 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I like this. Did you compose this?

Yes o. My random thots.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 22, 2018
TLAX:

Yes o. My random thots.

Nice ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:02pm On May 22, 2018
mendes911:

Chief, what if the MM over powers the buyers at N2.05? Remember how Jesus Christ feed 5,000 with 5 loafs of bread and 2 fishes and still had excess in surplus.

I pray none of the heavy weight with so much shares decides to offload (not that am not wishing for this shaaa).

i think d surplus may hv be given to chap that gave up his lunch , but imagine d uncertainty they had to face !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:06pm On May 22, 2018
Chibuking81:
Most stock struggle to maintain Monday high, but there was no enough fuel. Tomorrow is another day.
#42 is not far for GTB to visit, it will happen soon. UBA will visit sub #10.90 this week, FCMB their MM are losing strength, and might visit #2.30 this week, may be their MM needed money to defend Fidelity.

Why UCAP don't want to visit sub #3, Afriprudent sub #4. Patience is the answer, many are waiting at various junction for the vehicle to arrive.
For now no news to usher in Mr bull, Bear will still dominate the market this week.

It's time to look for sound fundamental stock to fix in your money for 3 months, 6 months and 12 months at 10%/ 20% and above interest rate.

Stocks for 2 months fix deposits from now are
1. Flour mill @ #32/ 34
2. Honeyflour #2.40 or below
3. Cutix. @ #3
4. Conoil. @ #30
5. UBA @ #10.50/10.80
6. Zenith bank @#27.50
7. GTB @ #42

For Nine months
1. Eterna @ #5.30/ #5/50
2. UCAP @ #3 or below
3. Afriprudent #3.70 ( one with patience can get it)
4. Zenith @ # 27.50
5. GTB @ #42
6. UBA @10.50/ 10.80
7. fidelity @ #2.15/2.20
8. FCMB @ #2.20
9.Julius berger @ #27/ 27.50
10. Transcorp @ #1.40
11. Ikeja hotel @ #1.86/ #2

Based on personal findings, you can add yours.

Is like most stock are dancing so soon to the above quoted price.
Patient is the answer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:07pm On May 22, 2018
Chibuking81:

Patient is the answer.

price may break below some sef
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:08pm On May 22, 2018
CBN MPC outcome
- maintains status quo
- MPR 14%, CRR 22.5%, LR 30%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 3:18pm On May 22, 2018
Chibuking81:

Patient is the answer.

The number of full offers I saw today made me start thinking if people make money by piling the offers? undecided

#PATIENCE
#CASHPRESERVATION
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:
CBN MPC outcome
- maintains status quo
Thise pple sef.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:24pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:
CBN MPC outcome
- maintains status quo

please why are people still buying japaul? or another rescuer is around the corner?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:25pm On May 22, 2018
TLAX:

Lol.... grin grin grin

Easier said than done otherwise there would be more successful stockmarket traders/speculators/investors than those who gave up along the way out of frustration and despair.

Now to all my fellow players in this and other markets although i suspect you know these already... from insightful information i have pieced together from many sources - Less than 7% of SM participants get really rich from doing business in the markets - Equity, futures, currency (even worse here) etc. About 30% breakeven after years of trying, and the rest just give up and move on to something else.

Another interesting thing from reading Warren Buffets Letters to shareholders for 2016 and 2017, although this is conventional wisdom, lots of folks are much better off by just investing in index funds. In Nigeria we have quite a few promoted by leading brokers and investment banks. They do this thing for a living.

Now, Another Insight, There is no one way to make money from the markets. You need to constantly evolve. A strategy that made money 3 years ago can backfire and cost you your fortune. Your focus should be on making money and not on particular shares you hold. Emotional attachment is dangerous.

From personal experience...If you want to make thripple digit returns, it can't be found in the well managed and stable companies with nice financials. Those ones will deliver nice annual returns that beat returns on government securities by a mile. Thripple digit returns are in distressed stocks...NOTE:Distressed stocks, not DISTRESSED COMPANIES. There are about 3 i see clearly in the market now. It takes a measure of boldness, healthy risk appetite and research into these companies to unlock the returns. Never forget your statistics 101 lessons on Probability.

Be Greedy at the right time, fearful at the right time and never let over-confidence and over-familiarity with the market kick in. Otherwise, the market will get you.

To the parts in bold, u have spoken very well my dear !!
...nothing could've been more right.
It does show u understand and can 'dance to the many melodies that are played within the NSE room'

Welcome to the Nigerian Stock Exchange !!

I owe u some plates of Nkwobi and a chilled bottle of UA... wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bisiki2: 3:26pm On May 22, 2018
Mpeace:
Thise pple sef.

Were you expecting a different outcome
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:35pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:
CBN MPC outcome
- maintains status quo

wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 3:35pm On May 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I dey wait for them at sub 1.2

LMAO grin

I Dey your back sha...my advice is for people to trade with caution not being emotionally attached to any stocks/recommendations. The possibility of stock going lower is very high compare to the probability of going higher. #ElectionUncertainty #FearofUnknown #FollowYourHeart #PreserveYourCapital #NSEDrama

#AllTheBest
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2018
Hope tomorrow is Eterna mark down?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:39pm On May 22, 2018
fxuser:
if u suffer from itchy fingers like me , just keep d amounts very very small . .

So technical person can have itchy fingers as well? Unbelievable! shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3579) (3580) (3581) (3582) (3583) (3584) (3585) ... (7766) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: meholo, donchichi, stcool(m), Babynerd and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.