Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,151 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10876316 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
cadbury freezed in the week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
You can recommend a stock and explain exactly why you think it's under-priced, but you can't predict the future price. No one knows the future.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
stockbull:

stocks that would be released will generate between twenty and thirty percent within two weeks and the price at which the gains have been made might just be an entry points for old investors.with the new ten percent price limits on all stocks, it will create a big tug of war between stock winners and losers on the reality of the exchange to make riches.invest wisely

the fourteen stocks caught by my watch bulldog are
access
aiico
ccnn
diamond
guiness
japaul
nahco
nascon
nem
oando
prestige
pz
uba
ipwa
some of this stocks have been showing support signals since wednesday and all efforts to notify investors was in vain.
The screened ones would not be told but keep eyes on them and come back to prove.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
Seun: @stockbull: there is no basis for a belief that any stock will rise by 30% in a specific time period. stop hyping.

If a stock is under valued by more than 30%, the tendency of gaining more than 30% is there. Am interested in the list. Am aware dt meristem securities and other analysts in various stock houses give buy and sell recommendation going by their valuation, price history, growth rate and some other macro economics. They advise on entry price and sell price.
Meristem securities forecast 9 naira as target price for UBA and waiting period of 3months.This forecast was done arnd Feb. I saw UBA hit 9naira arnd d period. After the last rally of Presco, 2days after they recommended sell, the price crashed.
However, any advise /forecast u get frm any broker, forum or analyst is just a forecast. You the investor shld research it well b4 making a decision. Some say 'buyers beware'
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
If you guess that a stock is going to go up, there's a 50% chance that you'll be right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It means nothing.

Even Warren Buffett cannot say that he is sure that a stock will go up by 30% in a certain time frame. All he can say is that he believes a stock is undervalued and that over the long run it is quite likely that other investors will realize the value of the stock, and therefore the stock price will probably go up. And even if they don't, the company will be in a position to pay sufficient dividends to earn him a positive return on his investment, or to buy back its undervalued shares so that the remaining shares will command a much higher price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
Seun: @stockbull: there is no basis for a belief that any stock will rise by 30% in a specific time period. stop hyping.

you can work on belief but analysts never do. I would wait and see if it will be the world rapture that we've known to come would stop it.
One fact you will have to learn now now is that forcast on immediate time is seldom wrong than on the long run.any thing can happen to any stock in the future but nothing serious will happen to stocks in the immediate time which should not have made signals.
When the nse crashed, it was not in a sudden. It showed signals and it was gradual.
MOSTLY, RESULTS AND EARNINGS ARE KNOWN AS FACTORS FIGHTING IN SUPPORT OR AGAINST STOCK STANCE AND I ALWAYS STRESS THE FACT THAT, INVESTING IN AWAITING RESULT STOCKS IS A RISK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
HELLO STOCKBULL, BORN 2BE RICH AND TO YOU MY BROTHERS & SISTERS, WERE IS COSTAIN? IS IT AT CAR PARK? OR BUS STOP? E.T.C?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
stockbull:

access
aiico
ccnn
diamond
guiness
japaul
nahco
nascon
nem
oando
prestige
pz
uba
ipwa
some of this stocks have been showing support signals since wednesday and all efforts to notify investors was in vain.
The screened ones would not be told but keep eyes on them and come back to prove.
I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU IS IT TIME TO BUY NOW? OR WHAT?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
ihedioramma: HELLO STOCKBULL, BORN 2BE RICH AND TO YOU MY BROTHERS & SISTERS, WERE IS COSTAIN? IS IT AT CAR PARK? OR BUS STOP? E.T.C?.

Costain made a heavy heavy loss.
U can use proshare, trwstockbrokers, nse to check the share price.
It closed with 2.60k today.
Source
http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/nsetoday.aspx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
stockbull:

access
aiico
ccnn
diamond
guiness
japaul
nahco
nascon
nem
oando
prestige
pz
uba
ipwa
Am okey with just three for my 2013 Potfolio:
1. NEM
2. JAPUAL
3. ETERNA OIL
I will keep accumulating at the right prices.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 5:38am On Apr 13, 2013
Seun: If you guess that a stock is going to go up, there's a 50% chance that you'll be right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It means nothing.

Seun: Even Warren Buffett cannot say that he is sure that a stock will go up by 30% in a certain time frame. All he can say is that he believes a stock is undervalued and that over the long run it is quite likely that other investors will realize the value of the stock, and therefore the stock price will probably go up. And even if they don't, the company will be in a position to pay sufficient dividends to earn him a positive return on his investment, or to buy back its undervalued shares so that the remaining shares will command a much higher price.
STOCKBULL: warren buffet is an investor and not analyst. He has his analysts and his own tenets.
No analyst in the world would tell you HE BELIEVES.analysts speak on TENDENCIES.I always use an english marker "MAY" in my stock recommendations even when am very sure of it.no one claims to know the future yet ask the likes of JAPANESE GURUS THAT WIN MORE THAN TEN TRADES CONSECUTIVELY AND WIN NINETY TWO TRADES IN 100 trades.
before warren buffet was born,analysts have been knowing the time frame of the movement of stocks. Ask the likes of the immortal Elliot and elliot waves followers.
Remember i choose between 20 and 30% and not 30%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 5:47am On Apr 13, 2013
Seun: If you guess that a stock is going to go up, there's a 50% chance that you'll be right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It means nothing.

Even Warren Buffett cannot say that he is sure that a stock will go up by 30% in a certain time frame. All he can say is that he believes a stock is undervalued and that over the long run it is quite likely that other investors will realize the value of the stock, and therefore the stock price will probably go up. And even if they don't, the company will be in a position to pay sufficient dividends to earn him a positive return on his investment, or to buy back its undervalued shares so that the remaining shares will command a much higher price.
if you think analysts make forcast on 50% chance then you are very wrong and only novice can say such.the likes of baron and others should not have had any credibility.what you've said means stock investing is even worse than gambling as there are so many gambling games that its outcomes are based on more that 50% note. Stock is not options! May be you need to know that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2013
stockbull:

cadbury freezed in the week
its like the price of cadbury is on suspension because it hasnt moved for a wk
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2013

warren buffet does not buy stocks, HE BUYS BUSINESS.
you can not tell me who he's.
He's a distinct fundamentalist. He knows nothing much about what will happen to stock on the short time period. Infact, he seldom use fundamentals as he buys business(company's operation and not the stock) that would survive for several decades of years.
Many times that he picked up stocks, stocks fundamentalists criticize that there's no such fundamental indicators to justify the heavy investment buffet made on such stock but buffet has nothing to do with price movement.
He's an american and he invests there because he knows how things work there.
If you like you quote anyone from anywhere,buffet will never apply his tenets here and he will have to learn from analyst here if he wants to invest here no matter how great he's.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2013
ihedioramma: HELLO STOCKBULL, BORN 2BE RICH AND TO YOU MY BROTHERS & SISTERS, WERE IS COSTAIN? IS IT AT CAR PARK? OR BUS STOP? E.T.C?.
@ihediorrama, just forget about costain for nw its a dead stock...it is not even active on the nse trading board...focus on stocks with strong fundamentals..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 10:31am On Apr 13, 2013
Seun: You can recommend a stock and explain exactly why you think it's under-priced, but you can't predict the future price. No one knows the future.
there's what we called "confirmation" and "synergies of multiple indicators" which make stock picks to be prophet like.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:34am On Apr 13, 2013
stockbull:

access
aiico
ccnn
diamond
guiness
japaul
nahco
nascon
nem
oando
prestige
pz
uba
ipwa
i will go for aiico,japaul, nascon, nem, prestige, and maybe oando
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seun(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2013
Born 2be Rich: i will go for aiico,japaul, nascon, nem, prestige, and maybe oando
Why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iweoku: 1:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
what is the right price for nem and japaul cos i intend to enter next week?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
Costain had already passed bus stop now heading to car park, even it will be towed to the car park cos of its bad engine

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
stockbull:

access
aiico
ccnn
diamond
guiness
japaul
nahco
nascon
nem
oando
prestige
pz
uba
ipwa
I am not a stock analyst but for NEM you are right with your prediction, but what will be the force behind Japaul?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
Seun: Why?

1. NEM- its Q3 2012 result shows that it is very cheap with a projected EPS of 0.37k, P.E of 2.6...They paid N0.05 last year and am expecting a better one this year..Year high for this stock is N1.01..So i will enjoy dividend and price appreciation with the expectation of a good FY 2012 result

2. Aiico- There is abundance of gains especially in the insurance sector...Now aiico is a dividend paying stock and their last dividend is N0.06 and i expect a rise in divend this year...Year high was N1.48 and it fell to N0.75k...So i will enjoy dividend and price appreciation with the expectation of a good FY 2012 result.

3. Nascon- Dividend and price appreciation when its result comes out...I am expecting a positive FY 2012 result if all things being equal

4. Japaul oil and oando- Expecting their FY result

This is my five kobo opinion as i still be small boy for this market...

Please this is not a go ahead to buy these stocks..there are much more stocks with fundamentals just do your own home work...

Peace

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
@seun, i want to suggest that you create a delete post button for users incase of multiple or duplicated post...I noticed that i made an error of a duplicated post and was searching for the delete button only to find non...if there is a way i can delete the duplicated post myself without the mod hidding the post it will go a long way in reducing the stress on the mod and eyesore of seeing 'this post is hidden' everytime..

This is just a minor suggestion though but you can think about it..

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

1. NEM- its Q3 2012 result shows that it is very cheap with a projected EPS of 0.27k, P.E of 2.6...They paid N0.05 last year and am expecting a better one this year..Year high for this stock is N1.01..So i will enjoy dividend and price appreciation with the expectation of a good FY 2012 result

2. Aiico- There is abundance of gains especially in the insurance sector...Now aiico is a dividend paying stock and their last dividend is N0.06 and i expect a rise in divend this year...Year high was N1.48 and it fell to N0.75k...So i will enjoy dividend and price appreciation with the expectation of a good FY 2012 result.

3. Nascon- Dividend and price appreciation when its result comes out...I am expecting a positive FY 2012 result if all things being equal

4. Japaul oil and oando- Expecting their FY result

This is my five kobo opinion as i still be small boy for this market...

Please this is not a go ahead to buy these stocks..there are much more stocks with fundamentals just do your own home work...

Peace
You are right sir, but the Japaul oil is what I am not sure of the force to drive it. And for NEM I guess you hit the wrong key 3 instead of 2. The earnings per share was 0.27k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
phemmie06: You are right sir, but the Japaul oil is what I am not sure of the force to drive it.

Thanks bro...

Although, am still looking at japaul and oando with one eye opened ,however,lets wait for the result and if any, coperate actions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
nice info
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
phemmie06: You are right sir, but the Japaul oil is what I am not sure of the force to drive it. And for NEM I guess you hit the wrong key 3 instead of 2. The earnings per share was 0.27k
Japual is on the right track. The only force needed to drive it is for Jegede to reduce OPEX expecially management PERKS and other unneccessary OVERHEADS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Seun: You can recommend a stock and explain exactly why you think it's under-priced, but you can't predict the future price. No one knows the future.

Nobody can predict correctly the price movement of stocks but atleast we can forecast....How far, you havent said anything to the suggestion i gave earlier on..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 9:21am On Apr 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2013
9free:
Japual is on the right track. The only force needed to drive it is for Jegede to reduce OPEX expecially management PERKS and other unneccessary OVERHEADS.

i think Jegede is worse than Tinubu in the way he treats shareholders by accumulating so much OPEX and management perks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zagee, ositadima1(m), Nvednutfr33(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.