Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10878368 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) (3631) (3632) (3633) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
Seems the news of some in-house fighting between 2 executive directors of GTB and the CEO Segun Agbaje may not be unconnected to the last minute fall we saw in the price of GTB today.
A friend just informed me that 2 directors of the bank (head of corporate services & corporate banking) have resigned following from some irreconcilable differences with the CEO.
In the interim, I do not think this can have any negative impact on the banks operating model/performance. ...'cause as far as I am concerned, GTB remains the strongest coperate banking brand in the country.
However it could be that some insiders in the know may have already begun to react negatively to the news.
...investors almost always tend to overreact to market related trends.

We continue to observe.

#unconfirmed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
onegentleguy:
Seems the news of some in-house fighting between 2 executive directors of GTB and the CEO Segun Agbaje may not be unconnected to the last minute fall we saw in the price of GTB today.
A friend just informed me that 2 directors of the bank (head of corporate services & corporate banking) have resigned following from some irreconcilable differences with the CEO.

We continue to observe.

#unconfirmed

it can never be cos gtb has one of the best corporate governance and exit of the duo has no material effect on the company, just the bear that is on rampage that has devoured them. in fact, for healthy gtb, their resignation is really the best for the bank

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2018
aremso:

it can never be cos gtb has one of the best corporate governance and exit of the duo has no material effect on the company, just the bear that is on rampage that has devoured them. in fact, for healthy gtb, their resignation is really the best for the bank

Same line of thought I have my dear.
Unfortunately u replied to an incomplete post (perhaps I was still typing when u quoted it).
Kindly read thru the later part of the post above.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

Same line of thought I have my dear.
Unfortunately u replied to an incomplete post (perhaps I was still typing when u quoted it).
Kindly read thru the later part of the post above.

Cheers.

humble apology for over sabi, beg ur pardon pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
aremso:

humble apology for over sabi, beg ur pardon pls

Oh pls u don't need to apologise for anything Sir Aremso.
...u have done nothing wrong my dear.
We all tend to tour the same line sometimes. ...anyone can quote a post without knowing that the poster may not have been thru with their typing.
Its nothing Sir.

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
onegentleguy:
In the interim, I do not think this can have any negative impact on the banks operating model/performance. ...'cause as far as I am concerned, GTB remains the strongest coperate banking brand in the country.
However it could be that some insiders in the know may have already begun to react negatively to the news.
...investors almost always tend to overreact to market related trends.

We continue to observe.

#unconfirmed

story is true , but it's just a reshuffle of d old kings guards to pave way for d new.
Mr Agbaje has always been an enigma
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2018
Barclays Africa (ABSA) don collect broking license

https://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL5N1T26HZ

#welcome
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Lol... grin
By then, the market must have completed a counter strategy... grin

grin What I mean is that if market is so bad now which is before Q2 results, then one has to restrategize NOW
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2018
cdieli:
This forum is not advisable for newbies. The old wines in the house were not helpful during this bearish run; they kept advising newbies to keep buying.Someone here even said with the rising price of oil we should expect the bulls to be back.
What are you still doing in the forum then? Just curious.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
leo1234:
What's old wine
You said you are new here but have already condemned all the "old wines" but one. Meanwhile you have nothing to offer. sad
LOL. Dont mind him/her. He's running mouth but have nothing to offer, if its easy, why havent we been reading his own contributions and "objectivity"?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
Mcy56:

What are you still doing in the forum then? Just curious.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
onegentleguy:
Oh pls u don't need to apologise for anything Sir Aremso.
...u have done nothing wrong my dear.
We all tend to tour the same line sometimes. ...anyone can quote a post without knowing that the poster may not have been thru with their typing.
This oga self undecided
Person do over sabi, come talk am with im mouth, you still they justify am.
Is it your oversabi? tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
fxuser:

story is true , but it's just a reshuffle of d old kings guards to pave way for d new.
Mr Agbaje has always been an enigma

Yeah just confirmed the news now. ...actually got an initial spot on the news from someone 2 days ago but couldn't confirm it then.
But I think there could be more to it.
No big deal though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2018
Mcy56:

This oga self undecided
Person do over sabi, come talk am with im mouth, you still they justify am.
Is it your oversabi? tongue

I was only trying to help abate any guilt he might be feeling.
...we understand Sir Aremso. wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

Yeah just confirmed the news now.
...but I think there could be more to it.
No big deal though.

a lil drama started started since the deputy left, post left unfilled
post was created out of some drama also lol, another long story
anyways , Oga had someone in mind for the post , lets just say aunty gav d gov's pple a different recommendation
d man is only responding to ensure his own type of people led d future. let d young , unemotional , smart & not d necessarily d oldest
dat man is only loyal to the bank's P&L lolx , no send anyone

u heard about d other side of the stanbic one off shares sale? let just say d shares were held by gt as collateral for a long time
u can make up wat happened from there ..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sama1987(m): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
please I need more information about investment and where to invest here is my email samuth87@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2018
onegentleguy:
I was only trying to help abate any guilt he might be feeling.
...we understand Sir Aremso. wink cheesy
Think its good to know/realise one's mistake, feel bad about it, apologize where necessary and learn from it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
fxuser:

anyways , Oga had someone in mind for the post , lets just say aunty gav d gov's pple a different recommendation
d man is only responding to ensure his own type of people led d future. let d young , unemotional , smart & not d necessarily d oldest

u heard about d other side of the stanbic one off shares sale? let just say d shares were held by gt as collateral for a long time

U are very much in line Sir Fxuser.
I heard a little more though. ...however, I'll prefer not to put up much details here.

But overall, there's really not much big deal with what went on in the bank.

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2018
fxuser:

Don't know which is more difficult to understand between this and your TA snippets

Are you by any chance a medical doctor in your 8-5? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Mcy56:

Think its good to know/realise one's mistake, feel bad about it, apologize where necessary and learn from it.

True talk my smart mercy.
...indeed u have spoken well !!
But not when the said mistake was not intended or done on purpose.
Pls forgive Sir Aremso. ..there's really no big deal about what transpired. wink cheesy grin

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:22am On Jun 02, 2018
rationalmind:
Don't know which is more difficult to understand between this and your TA snippets. Are you by any chance a medical doctor in your 8-5? grin
So this my friend sabi throw stone like this? shocked
Wehdon sir grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogedanny: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2018
Away from NSE stock as bullish stocks are minimal, to the US stock market - here is how I trade online from my PC - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/trade-us-stocks-nigeria/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2018
ogedanny:
[b]Away from NSE stock [/b]as bullish stocks are minimal, to the US stock market - here is how I trade online from my PC - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/trade-us-stocks-nigeria/

when the hunter is being hunted grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2018
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/02/bears-send-nigerian-stocks-southwards-n467bn-lost-in-7-hours/amp/

Bears Send Nigerian Stocks Southwards, N467bn Lost in 7 Hours

The bears prevailed at Nigeria’s Lagos bourse on the first trading day in June, with crucial indicators nose-diving and many blue chip stocks closing lower.

Market capitalisation in seven hours of trading shed N467 billion or 3.38 per cent on Friday to close at N13.335 trillion against the N13.802 trillion recorded on Thursday.

Similarly, the All-Share Index dropped 1,288.25 points or 3.38 per cent to close at 36,816.29 against 38,104.54 on Thursday.

A breakdown of the price movement table indicates that Nestle topped the losers’ chart for the day, shedding N42.50 to close at N1,430 per share.

Dangote Cement trailed with a loss of N17 to close at N223, while Total was down by N10.30 to close at N201.70 per share.

Guinness declined by N5 to close at N95, while Nigerian Breweries lost N4.90 to close at N103 per share.

Conversely, Cement Company of Northern Nigeria led the gainers’ table, with N1.30 to close at N27.95 per share.

Access Bank followed with a gain of 55k to close at N10.95, while Eterna Oil appreciated by 30k to close at N6.33 per share.

United Bank for Africa increased by 20k to close at N11, while Fidelity Bank gained 9k to close at N1.99 per share.

However, the volume of shares traded closed lower with 516.83 million shares valued at N7.19 billion transacted in 5,031 deals.

This was against a total of 1.62 billion shares worth N71.19 billion achieved in 5,166 deals on Thursday.

Access Bank was the investors’ delight in volume terms, accounting for 144.57 million shares worth N1.58 billion.

Sovereign Insurance followed with an account of 73.04 million shares valued at N19.69 million, while UBA traded 59.98 million shares worth N658.96 million.

Zenith International Bank traded 55.52 million shares valued at N1.422billion, while Guaranty Trust Bank sold 24.01 million shares worth N971.47 million. (NAN)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2018
Good day all,
I just wrote an article with the title:
STRATEGY: A POWERFUL TOOL TO SUCCESSFUL INVESTING.
It's published on booksie, medium and the personal finance section of opinion Nigeria.

U may wish to read through it by using the link below;

https://www.booksie.com/554210-strategy-a-powerful-tool-to-successful-investing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2018
The next ASI support level now will be 33,000, since last Friday welcome 36,000.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chibuking81:
The next ASI support level now will be 33,000, since last Friday welcome 36,000.

Na dangote index dey crash no be nse
Small time dey go calculate paper networth
Richest should actually be calculate in terms of cashflow, not all these bubble valuations
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
For bosses in the house doing US equities, I learnt WHT is charged at 30%(at least for foreigners). Has that been your experience so far?

Given that dividend yields are mostly sub 3%, does 2.1% investment returns make it worthwhile enough?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Na dangote index dey crash no be nse
Small time dey go calculate paper networth
Richest should actually be calculate in terms of cashflow, not all these bubble valuations

https://trwstockbrokers./2018/06/02/security-to-watch-dangcem-2/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/02/some-nigerian-banks-verge-collapse-—efcc-boss-magu

He didn't mention the bank, please which banks were at verge of collapsing. Yaradua government introduce acquisition policy, Intercontinental bank, oceanic bank and host of others, was affected, CEO sacked and their banks were acquired. While some banks like "bank of the north" was political rescue.

Instead of allowing banks to fold, sacking of bad CEO and acquisition should be more better.
Before I forget, did anyone here have knowledge of the banks he was talking about?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chibuking81:
http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/02/some-nigerian-banks-verge-collapse-—efcc-boss-magu

Magu shud face his work and leave banks alone ! the people dat ruined Skye bank are still walking freely .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
rationalmind:

Don't know which is more difficult to understand between this and your TA snippets

Are you by any chance a medical doctor in your 8-5? grin

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) (3631) (3632) (3633) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ositadima1(m), ogoo4real, Ginalex(f), dammybrite, OBAGADAFFI, BullBearMkt(m), emmasoft(m), Wiseadebiye, handsomebolanle, Adinije(f), Prolificlife(f), KayOn1, LILBIMS, tijany130(m), kdaddy, Emndy(m), Jats2k2002 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.