Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874425 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:06am On Jun 27, 2018
maishai:
One lesson the world cup teaches that we never learn as a nation is "U HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE BASICs".......I weep for the Nigerian team in all the departments.....Its so bad i had to depend on a pig for prediction. Anyway back to investing, Never behave like the Nigerian National team in your investments.

Yeah I agree, the basics are very important in investment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 6:45am On Jun 27, 2018
Yayira:

....and the 20% is too much ?

YES
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 8:19am On Jun 27, 2018
fxuser:

short term bullish, breaking back above the 50dma
next test is the 200dma ard that 3.3 /3.4 level
been a green month with price above last month open & close (engulfing)

Thank u i appr8
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2018
Please what percent do Morgan charge for sell?. Tnx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2018
edwardaigb:
Please what percent do Morgan charge for sell?. Tnx
Approximately 0.925%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2018
MSCI- NIGERIA MOVEMENT FOR 26 JUNE 2018

It was a high momentum selling day for the fund yesterday. The pressure of the selling by the fund should not continue like this today, as this type of volume can lead to a day with high percentage loss.

By the next time the volume of shares held by foreign and local Investors is shown, I am sure the holding by the foreign funds would have decreased.

Let us be guided again, this is not a time to buy breakouts at the tops. More prices likely to fall, time to look for those choice stocks at bargain prices.

Using the fund’s portfolio as a guide, “green” mean buying while “red” is selling.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.
N:B

Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who is doubting the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

The fund legally have ways of trading in such a way that their action is not indicated in the official list for the day, it can be delayed for about a day. Nevertheless, this is not done all the time and so has little effect on our following the fund activities.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:23am On Jun 27, 2018
Eventually, it's not this MSCI that was doing the dumping and pumping of all those Fidelity volumes yesterday. undecided
Morning people. wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:40am On Jun 27, 2018
wanaj0:
Fantastic performance. Need to SELL some to rebalance my portfolio. Now like 20% of my portfolio.
I wish Aiico too could replicate what Nem is doing, in terms of performance.
.... and Mbenefit lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:07am On Jun 27, 2018
Mcy56:

I wish Aiico too could replicate what Nem is doing, in terms of performance.
.... and Mbenefit lipsrsealed grin

Ha ha ha. They are NOT in the same category oooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debenzd(f): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2018
What is up with Custodian?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2018
wanaj0:

YES

Oga wanaj0 please tell me how many percent should a stock hold in ones portfolio and Why..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:33am On Jun 27, 2018
wanaj0:
Ha ha ha. They are NOT in the same category oooo.
Lol. I understand. undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2018
Yayira:

Oga wanaj0 please tell me how many percent should a stock hold in ones portfolio and Why..

It is a function of the company and your risk appetite. So there is no CORRECT answer.

If you are the owner of the company, then it can form 99.9% of your portfolio.

If you are on the board of board of the company, then it can form 90% of your portfolio.

Apart from the above, I will say 20%.

If it is a stock like Japaul and OandO, I will say 0.000000000001% tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2018
debenzd:
What is up with Custodian?

Wetin happen??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2018
fxuser:
Oando
- SP is ard 10% above technical suspension level
- interesting structure pre-Q2

ended on full bid yesterday
opens higher
stop at prev tech level
um
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2018
wanaj0:

It is a function of the company and your risk appetite. So there is no CORRECT answer.

If you are the owner of the company, then it can form 99.9% of your portfolio.

If you are on the board of board of the company, then it can form 90% of your portfolio.

Apart from the above, I will say 20%.

If it is a stock like Japaul and OandO, I will say 0.000000000001% tongue

Hmmm now I’m feeling like the owner of zenith for allowing it to hold 95% of my portfolio cheesy.
But sir in a case whereby you’ve got cash and there’s a stock in portfolio “doing “ and will do excellently well in the long run won’t you add more ? To like 50%
That your 20% small oo for someone like me who can only trade maximum of 3 stocks at a time..
I’ll always be in cash then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2018
I can’t believe a stock with the best result will be falling like this! Smh next time if I hear dividend na run I go dey run till I reach ghana.. 25:50 has been broken oo Mendes you happy now? tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2018
Yayira:

Hmmm now I’m feeling like the owner of zenith for allowing it to hold 95% of my portfolio cheesy.
But sir in a case whereby you’ve got cash and there’s a stock in portfolio “doing “ and will do excellently well in the long run won’t you add more ? To like 50%
That your 20% small oo for someone like me who can only trade maximum of 3 stocks at a time..

Lol... sir wanaj0 investment HAT can not fit your head o

can you hold in your portfolio a stock for 10 years? sir wanajo nem was bought around 50k/55k when it seems no hope in insurance sector

if you bought nem same time as oga wanaj0, you must have jump out at a gain of something 60% and feel like a boss

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2018
loco how mkt?

can zenith break the wall today? time will tell

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Some folks are probably in the 'NSE room' just to make money for brokers.
...People really need to understand the basics of price/volume swings and dynamics.
One of which is that its unwise to hurriedly exit a stock whose current day low is higher than its WAvg and Ref price, and its highest bid as at the time also higher than both its day low and Ref price. (presently playing out in 2 penny stocks)
...especially when its a fundamentally sound coy.

Thats why oftentimes there are regrets after exiting a coy.
No one is perfect, but people should learn to do better.
...otherwise u will only be making money for brokers.
...and those who have the basic idea will continue to benefit from ur psychosomatic behaviour.

Just a pivotal piece of advise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
onegentleguy:
...People really need to understand the basics of price/volume swings and dynamics.
One of which is that its unwise to hurriedly exit a stock whose current day low is higher than its WAvg and Ref price, and its highest bid as at the time also higher than both its day low and Ref price. (presently playing out in 2 penny stocks)

...and those who have the basic idea will continue to benefit from ur psychosomatic behaviour.

True but people exit for different reasons.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
swilo:

True but people exit for different reasons.

Absolutely my dear !!
However, when u do not have a clear reason or not sure of why ur exiting, then it's imperative for one to have a good measure of some of those core guide on price/volume behaviour including the basics of market trend and dynamics.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
onegentleguy:

Simple terms bro, for we learners to understand...biko
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
akinssan:
Lol. grin

Abeg, who Zenith offend like this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2018
akinssan:

It's already self-explanatory my dear.

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mcy56:

Lol. grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mcy56:

Lol. grin

Guess Yay...?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
onegentleguy:

If I no chop, brokers too no go chop.. na carry over till next year me i for now..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mpeace:
No be small thing. undecided Back in 25 now sha.
Mpeace how you dey na? Thought you are in Zenith too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mcy56:

No be small thing. undecided Back in 25 now sha.
Mpeace how you dey na? Thought you are in Zenith too.
My zenith adventure lasted just 10mins. I hardly buy fundamentals, I buy price appreciation. I didnt see zenith doing 50% in months so I didnt want to see in near me. Leave me and my peni stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mpeace:
My zenith adventure lasted just 10mins. I hardly by fundamentals, I buy price appreciation. I didnt see zenith doing 50% in months so I didnt want to see in near me. Leave me and my peni stocks.
The market seems not to be in favour of fundamentals this season. Price appreciation all the way bros. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
Yayira:

It is all about risk management. I am NOT a Trader so our risk management strategies will differ. Traders can hold 100% of a stock. They are like those gambling who are always sure that they will win!

Plenty risk management strategies of which diversification is one. There are so many other ways to manage risk including INSURANCE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jafsumar07, Hajicairo(m), Boshins, Oloro29(m), Princkez and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.