Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11564005 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (8192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
nitrogen:
I hope they wont disappoint us.
If they do wetin we go do
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Yes 1 for 1
It is good to always dream high, I won't settle for anything less than 2 for 1 bonus from oando
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
phemmie06:
It is good to always dream high, I won't settle for anything less than 2 for 1 bonus from oando
2 for 1 is very possible......................as right issue.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
mercylicious:
2 for 1 is very possible......................as right issue.
Tight issue what.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
Michael11stock: na only BULL period i dey grin grin grin grin no be my fault say oando go declare BONUS

u are very funny. This result wil be a game changer. I hope there wil be more acqusatn now dt foreign operators are running away from the country.

Oando, the biggest indigenous upstream operator in Nigeria.....grin
i just said the above aloud to know how it will sound.
How abt going to the pre-melt down price?.

ANY NEWS ON ETERNA? I heard dt importatn of lubricatns into d country has been stopped. Eterna better use the news to increase their mkt share. They shld also settle with pdp as oando did.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
mercylicious:

ANY NEWS ON ETERNA? I heard dt importatn of lubricatns into d country has been stopped. Eterna better use the news to increase their mkt share. They shld also settle with pdp as oando did.

Sir what will happen if they reconcile and PDP lose power to the opponent?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
phemmie06:

Sir what will happen if they reconcile and PDP lose power to the opponent?

A second wit d king matters.
Till then.... but definitely not in 2015.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coldFLARES1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
mercylicious:

Till then.... but definitely not in 2015.
....forward looking sentiments. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
passwelle: On Eterna
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/FinancialStatementFull_ETERNA%20PLC._2014-07-31.pdf

Bad guys, how is this not 2ice better than oando?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
Unaudited though, but EPS of 75k for H1, on a stock of c. 4.00 with only 1.3 billion OS is quite promising cool
All devoid of noise making, now thats Audacious!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
passwelle: Unaudited though, but EPS of 75k for H1, on a stock of c. 4.00 with only [b]1.3 billion OS [/b]is quite promising cool

Free float actually 500m

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ifeykay(m): 1:54am On Aug 30, 2014
passwelle: Unaudited though, but EPS of 75k for H1, on a stock of c. 4.00 with only 1.3 billion OS is quite promising cool

Please don't be carried away by the EPS only. There are more questions than answers on this report. WHY THE STEEP DECLINE IN REVENUE? Did they find a new magic in cost savings? Are they cash trapped that there were businesses they could not do? Top and Bottom lines should be considered. EPS .75K is good but does not tell the whole story.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by haroon313: 5:33am On Aug 30, 2014
Thanks for sharing it with us, it really helped me alot.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:29am On Aug 30, 2014
passwelle: On Eterna
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/FinancialStatementFull_ETERNA%20PLC._2014-07-31.pdf
Please analysis of this result, can't view it from my phone
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2014
I stated some months ago, that workers salary play a vital role in returning the bullish season every last/first week of every month, likewise second and third week usher in bearish season, because no new money in the market and this will force the market down bring in bearish season, what we experience this week was as a result of this phenomenon. If you doubt me, try to monitor the match between the first/last week VERSES second/third week of every month (to some stock speculations defy this rule). I still maintains that most of the stock will go down between now and december, let us be careful with our investment and our money. (According to chibuking observational research).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Chibuking81: I stated some months ago, that workers salary play a vital role in returning the bullish green colour every last/first week of every month,.

Portfolio managers are the ones that push prices up on the last day of the month to get a better valuation for their portfolios.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2014
@bnsitl pls 1.who are the registrars to abc transport and CILEASING?
2. PLS I pls i bought NPFMCRFBK shares with morgan capital secirities. but when i went to their registrars, City Securities Registrars Limited(CSL), they told me that they have not recieved my signature showing that i bought such shares and as such i am not eligible for dividend payment without their recieving it and that i should cantact my broker who is responsible for such( NB: i later sold only after dividend payment date). i later visited morgan capital securities and complained to them and they started telling me to fill a form and sign as well as provide passport all of which they will submit to CSL registrars, which i did and ever since then they've been delaying the process and frustrating me. pls fellow bnsitl, must i go tru all these any time i buy shares 4rm d secondry market just to get my dividend payment? Is morgan capital not supposed to send all my data in their custody to the registrars of the stock i bought? pls sombody should pls help me out of this. tnks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:57am On Aug 30, 2014
Eternal Oil= Decrease in revenue but significant increase in profit . How do we reconcile this? What is our conclusion? Is it a good result? To buy?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
Toluway: Eternal Oil= Decrease in revenue but significant increase in profit . How do we reconcile this? What is our conclusion? Is it a good result? To buy?

A scenario; if cileasing do away with the loss making ventures, do we record a decrease in revenue and increase in profit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obviously there is drastical reduction in cost of production to increase Net Profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Eterna Oil had subsidy related issues, with payments withheld. These might have been paid, and may be a boost to the half year numbers. I am not sure but I think similar payment boosted Mobil's figures in their H1 result. Also, not all the licenses they had to import refined products and export crude from previous years were renewed this year (not sure about the timeline for this though). or like @Agbalowomeri has stated they could have optimized business processes to increase profit margins.
It has been in the "prophecy" list repeatedly, but didnt make the top 5 of said list in its most recent release grin. Hopefully @myjoy08 will join the discourse shortly. The political connections (i.e Tukur of PDP, Ribadu's Guber intentions, Subsidy probe/EFCC case, and Fola Adeola's guber intention) also make this an interesting stock.
It has low OS, fairly sound management team, its quite liquid on the NSE and is in a good sector of the economy. It presently doesnt strike me as a falling knife or a moving train. Due diligence is required though.

full disclosure: I hold positions in Eterna Oil.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
passwelle: Eterna Oil had subsidy related issues, with payments withheld. These might have been paid, and may be a boost to the half year numbers. I am not sure but I think similar payment boosted Mobil's figures in their H1 result. Also, not all the licenses they had to import refined products and export crude from previous years were renewed this year (not sure about the timeline for this though). or like @Agbalowomeri has stated they could have optimized business processes to increase profit margins.
It has been in the "prophecy" list repeatedly, but didnt make the top 5 of said list in its most recent release grin. Hopefully @myjoy08 will join the discourse shortly. The political connections (i.e Tukur of PDP, Ribadu's Guber intentions, Subsidy probe/EFCC case, and Fola Adeola's guber intention) also make this an interesting stock.
It has low OS, fairly sound management team, its quite liquid on the NSE and is in a good sector of the economy. It presently doesnt strike me as a falling knife or a moving train. Due diligence is required though.

The stock is still a sitting target , waiting to take off very soon. Where is my margin trading facility?Meritrade!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
passwelle: Eterna Oil had subsidy related issues, with payments withheld. These might have been paid, and may be a boost to the half year numbers. I am not sure but I think similar payment boosted Mobil's figures in their H1 result. Also, not all the licenses they had to import refined products and export crude from previous years were renewed this year (not sure about the timeline for this though). or like @Agbalowomeri has stated they could have optimized business processes to increase profit margins.

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Stockfrik; give your broker some time. It is the normal procedure when you buy from the secondary market. You should complete a signature mandate form or transfer form. This will be sent to the CSCS for onward transmission to the Registrar. A faster alternative is to do a banker's confirmation of signature and submit with the Registrar. Your signature specimen will be scanned against all the stocks (administered by said registrar) that you CURRENTLY own. Good news is that you are entitled to any corporate action declared after you bought and provided your purchase fell within the qualification period. Just do the needful n you should get an alert. Send me recharge card when you do. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
Good day house, did anybody knows ao much banks charged for bank signature confirmation?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Yem0350: Good day house, did anybody knows ao much banks charged for bank signature confirmation?
Nothing. Why should they charge?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
kotlass: @Stockfrik; give your broker some time. It is the normal procedure when you buy from the secondary market. You should complete a signature mandate form or transfer form. This will be sent to the CSCS for onward transmission to the Registrar. A faster alternative is to do a banker's confirmation of signature and submit with the Registrar. Your signature specimen will be scanned against all the stocks (administered by said registrar) that you CURRENTLY own. Good news is that you are entitled to any corporate action declared after you bought and provided your purchase fell within the qualification period. Just do the needful n you should get an alert. Send me recharge card when you do. grin
this cud b d reason mine is nt cleard up till nw. did e-dividend sinc last yr for honyflour, courtville,transcorp, etc bt nothi till nw. na broker send dem unbehalf of me o. nw dis xplanation abov talks abt signature speciment?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
Yem0350: Good day house, did anybody knows ao much banks charged for bank signature confirmation?
GTB charges N1000
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2014

I paid GTB N1,800 the last time I got one from them.Don't know about other banks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
stokfrick: @bnsitl pls 1.who are the registrars to abc transport and CILEASING?
2. PLS I pls i bought NPFMCRFBK shares with morgan capital secirities. but when i went to their registrars, City Securities Registrars Limited(CSL), they told me that they have not recieved my signature showing that i bought such shares and as such i am not eligible for dividend payment without their recieving it and that i should cantact my broker who is responsible for such( NB: i later sold only after dividend payment date). i later visited morgan capital securities and complained to them and they started telling me to fill a form and sign as well as provide passport all of which they will submit to CSL registrars, which i did and ever since then they've been delaying the process and frustrating me. pls fellow bnsitl, must i go tru all these any time i buy shares 4rm d secondry market just to get my dividend payment? Is morgan capital not supposed to send all my data in their custody to the registrars of the stock i bought? pls sombody should pls help me out of this. tnks.
Were you charged by morgan for filling transfer form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (8192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bovali(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.