Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10873507 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4462) (4463) (4464) (4465) (4466) (4467) (4468) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
You already have a nice strategy in place. Let me put my 1kobo analysis.
UBA is N6.20 expected dividend in 2020 will likely be 85k. 20 interim and 65k final.
Zenith bank is N20.40 expected dividend in 2020 will likely be N2.80. 30kobo interim and N2.50 final
UCAP is N2.65 and likely to repeat the 30kobo dividend.
Averaging down on these 3 stocks can and will not be in error. But you also have to keep on focusing on the Quartely results in case anything changes that may affect the expected dividends by the year end.
But I will Zenith first if I see it at N15 rather than buy Ucap at N1 or UBA at N3.

[quote author=Capitas7 post=77322790][/quote]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
rebekah2011:
You already have a nice strategy in place. Let me put my 1kobo analysis.
UBA is N6.20 expected dividend in 2020 will likely be 85k. 20 interim and 65k final.
Zenith bank is N20.40 expected dividend in 2020 will likely be N2.80. 30kobo interim and N2.50 final
UCAP is N2.65 and likely to repeat the 30kobo dividend.
Averaging down on these 3 stocks can and will not be in error. But you also have to keep on focusing on the Quartely results in case anything changes that may affect the expected dividends by the year end.
But I will Zenith first if I see it at N15 rather than buy Ucap at N1 or UBA at N3.

You have added a lot of insight, and I see this as an eye opener to the treasures lying in Zenith. I may look in that direction someday (when I have a much heavier capital); I respect your analysis always. In all, patience is very important when stocks are approaching 52-wk low prices.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Capitas7:
N.B.: My portfolio is not heavy at all, very insignificant, and on a loss that I am not worthy of giving opinions where oga's dine, but I love to see us all happy/winning in all situations.
You tried. Some investors don't have issue averaging down sha. I wish to become investor when I have large capital. You invest in good stocks and just go and relax.
This your NB is however funny to me. If gurus like you said you're not worthy what will ordinary student like me say. I should just be hiding my face here ni. Make Una no dey post person jorr. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
Mpeace:
Apart from red portfolio(too much flogging for class), all is well. Hope you are doing fine.
It is well. I'm doing fine by God's grace.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Capitas7:
patience is very important when stocks are approaching 52-wk low prices.
How? What could go wrong?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
Mcy56:

You tried. Some investors don't have issue averaging down sha. I wish to become investor when I have large capital. You invest in good stocks and just go and relax.
This your NB is however funny to me. If gurus like you said you're not worthy what will ordinary student like me say. I should just be hiding my face here ni. Make Una no dey post person jorr. grin
Yes ma'am, being an investor, as you subtly mentioned, requires large capital. But for someone like me, even though I have a very little capital, the fear of uncertainty makes investing a safer haven than trading. I have been "learning" trading with some fractions of the long-term stocks in my portfolio, but I may just be waiting till I'm large before touching the money-doubling stocks (usually very volatile ones with no strong fundamentals).

As my school-mother, you are a student with a difference. I read and learn from your posts, so na guru's like you dey help us get confidence in the junior class where we belong

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
Mcy56:

How? What could go wrong?

I have just learnt to remind myself of Fxuser's quote: "lower lows beget newer/lower lows", which I think means the beginning of a decline should only trigger an action - patience. A trader may continue to jijo in such times, but an investor needs to wait so that it becomes an opportunity.

Let us take FBNH for an example. Some people bought at 33 and waited all the way till 22, till 18 and finally till 12 (these prices were supports at different periods). It may sound funny, but that is one of the troubles with being an investor. If we imagine people who bought all the way down 30, 28, 24, 22, 18, 15, 12 we'd observe they would have made more losses than the earlier group.

More available cash makes an individual believe they can buy in more tranches further down the trend, meanwhile patience makes an individual wait for supports as entry prices for each tranche.

I have just restated what you already know ma'am. Maybe I should just borrow the quote: "the market can remain irrational more than one remains solvent". During periods like this, we need Sir Intendy's updates. Winter is here!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:25am On Apr 07, 2019
Waiting for Fidelity bank dividend closure and Q1 result...thanks to those that offloaded at below N2.00 last week, I entered at very good bargain for dividend.
grin

Meanwhile markdown is an opportunity to increase my position. Fidelity(60) Lafarge(10) and Zenith(30) are my focus for 2019.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oamuyi(m): 10:30am On Apr 07, 2019
Mcy56:

Did you get reply on this?
The issue was discussed severally here now. You are to fill a form and submit to Access registrar.
Try and read some pages back, you'll find the form and info on how to claim it.

@Mcy thanks for the response. You're a Darling #cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:52am On Apr 07, 2019
stcool:
Waiting for Fidelity bank dividend closure and Q1 result...thanks to those that offloaded at below N2.00 last week, I entered at very good bargain for dividend.
grin

Meanwhile markdown is an opportunity to increase my position. Fidelity(60) Lafarge(10) and Zenith(30) are my focus for 2019.

i offloaded @2.29 and re-entered @1.80...waiting to collect 11k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:58am On Apr 07, 2019
Princkez:
i offloaded @2.29 and re-entered @1.80...waiting to collect 11k

Nice... For me any panic sell off I see at a good bargain I will add
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2019
oamuyi:

@Mcy thanks for the response. You're a Darling #cheers!
You welcome. cool
Check pages 4442, one of OGG's posts and mine at 4443 for the form and instruction on what to do. Good luck.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
Trading corporate actions is another strategy these days... grin grin. Happy Sunday NSEMPA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2019
Happy Sunday all.
Na same Mcy be this. My alternate handle asking why bot was on my case that time. grin
Let's not use bitterness or personal issues to pursue people here.
Fact is, I can always have access to all info here without commenting or even logging in at all. It is well.

*Edited*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
Capitas7:
I have just learnt to remind myself of Fxuser's quote: "lower lows beget newer/lower lows", which I think means the beginning of a decline should only trigger an action - patience. A trader may continue to jijo in such times, but an investor needs to wait so that it becomes an opportunity.

Let us take FBNH for an example. Some people bought at 33 and waited all the way till 22, till 18 and finally till 12 (these prices were supports at different periods). It may sound funny, but that is one of the troubles with being an investor. If we imagine people who bought all the way down 30, 28, 24, 22, 18, 15, 12 we'd observe they would have made more losses than the earlier group.

More available cash makes an individual believe they can buy in more tranches further down the trend, meanwhile patience makes an individual wait for supports as entry prices for each tranche. !
Hhmmm, insightful!
Makes me see an investor's plight too and the need to watch their backs. Post shared. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
currentprice:
chams must rise now, if no rise how mkt will take adjust the 3k dividend grin grin grin
Sorry to bring this issue up again.
@chibuking81 if you sell your chams it's totally your decision. Youre not the only one that bought it and not even the first to bring it up. I discovered you read my post negatively too.
Yes, there were red flags and it was rightly pointed out here so people can know what they want to go into, one of the posts in response to your comments is the one quoted.
May God forgive all of you that said he was discouraged. Results were only analyzed and I made my decision too.
...but @dollartex you should have reminded me about japaul when we were talking about it ooo. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
Pls where is Aiico and Larfarge Wapco results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
yMcy56:

Hhmmm, insightful!
Makes me see an investor's plight too and the need to watch their backs. Post shared. Thanks.

Class mate, its not always like that na. Even ur own NEM went from 75kobo to N3.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Mpeace:
Class mate, its not always like that na. Even ur own NEM went from 75kobo to N3.
Yeah, I know but one Tisha once mentioned that we shouldn't trade from optimism point of view and that investors should not go to sleep on their investments. Can't remember the exact words now.
That's what Capitas7 was trying to say by my own understanding. That FBNH example is a good one, others include Oando, NB, FO, Cadbury, Guinness to mention a few. Each declined in price over years.
Some do actually move up over time like you said. Na just to weigh both sides.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2019
yMcy56:

Hhmmm, insightful!

I appreciate your complimentary words. And yes, it is important for investors to watch their backs as you said. Very important. That is a lot of honor, sharing the post of a junior student though grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
Is UBA likely to fall more. I sold my fidelity n went into Uba now am lesser than what I was because of their useless 65 kobo]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2019
Krisuba:
Is UBA likely to fall more. I sold my fidelity n went into Uba now am lesser than what I was because of their useless 65 kobo]

1m kwesion which only Mr mkrt can answer

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
Krisuba:

Have you not heard? Hold unto the dividend paying stocks with sound fundamental.If e no shit e go vomit.

Can't you see the market general is bearish.Dont give yourself too much headache.

Did you not see the response of Oracle and Mendes last week when I asked similar question you asked?

Nothing do UBA pls.Accumulation is ongoing now.You can likewise average down since you missed the target.

Same consolation goes to me Loco.This week will be good for all of us by His grace.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
Krisuba:

E be like say this Oga just buy form for 2019/20 session from head office grin

Meanwhile I don't think we should be in hurry to exit any stock this year, unless you intend to come back in November or in an emergency. After dividend season prices could really go low, except for few...just stay prepared.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Capitas7:
I appreciate your complimentary words. And yes, it is important for investors to watch their backs as you said. Very important. That is a lot of honor, sharing the post of a junior student though grin
Which junior? Iffa hear!
Junior student that's lecturing the senior already. grin
Thanks for those good words too. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2019
yMcy56:

Sorry to bring this issue up again.
@chibuking81 if you sell your chams it's totally your decision. Youre not the only one that bought it and not even the first to bring it up. I discovered you read my post negatively too.
Yes, there were red flags and it was rightly pointed out here so people can know what they want to go into, one of the posts in response to your comments is the one quoted.
May God forgive all of you that said he was discouraged. Results were only analyzed and I made my decision too.
...but @dollartex you should have reminded me about japaul when we were talking about it ooo. grin
this chams project will enter phase 2 from Monday!will you be explaining your innocence through out this week.Monday 10% full bid,Tuesday10% full bid,Wednesday oooooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:07am On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 7:47am On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 8:28am On Apr 08, 2019
Mcy56:

Good @ the bolded! I hope you are fully loaded in Japaul and chams.
I honestly hate when someone talks or thinks in a primitive way like this. I guess you dont have biz visiting or reading anything in this forum again self. It will do you good.

Let me come and be going......... grin

It is obvious you neither have a flair for sarcasm nor have use for figurative language generally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by xzibukz(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2019
Deadlytruth:

It is obvious you neither have a flair for sarcasm nor have use for figurative language generally.
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (4462) (4463) (4464) (4465) (4466) (4467) (4468) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chipa, maishai, tayejay(m), chuksnnaemeka and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.