Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10878848 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6954) (6955) (6956) (6957) (6958) (6959) (6960) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
yMcy56:

You didn't read the part where the billionaire friends had to intervene before Otedola could back down?

Otedola was persuaded by the other friends in the likes of Aliko Dangote and others before he accepted to release the shares back to Tony at that said amount.....3.12.

The question is: Why did Tony had to wait till it gets that "ugly" before waking up?

AMCON has placed its holding for sale since 2022 with no one showing interest to buy until Otedola bought it, having seen a good opportunity and value in it.
I cannot for any reason blame Otedola. He's a business man who saw profitable biz and keyed into it.

Tony needs to be serious with his business; sit up and take care of it as well as take care of the shareholders as well.
While AMCON wanted to sell, he could have have negotiated it cheaper and buy, even @N1 self.

Someone still needs to teach him another sit-up lesson on UBA as well...... tongue
They all have where they are chopping the company dry. Declaring good profit or dividend is not their priority

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:
They all have where they are chopping the company dry. Declaring good profit or dividend is not their priority
...but some of them still guard their businesses.
See Dangote, he made sure he didn't give any room for any loophole of such...... in Dangsugar, Nascon or DANGCEM.

See Alhaji Rabiu with his BUA businesses.

Herbert Wigwe, thru Tengen already started buying more shares to solidify his holdings.

When last I checked, Tony did not have up to 1% shareholding in UBA, think he has 0.57% (as direct shareholding or so) not very sure now.
Around 89%+ were out there.

If someone comes tomorrow and pick around 20%, even on the floor, he'll now start running Helter skelter again.......
....and any interested fellow can easily mop as much as possible on the secondary floor.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

So retail investors should focus more on 1. Understanding the business environment
2. Analysis of financial statements and company profits
3. Reliability and quality of management to deliver shareholder values (i.e. EPS growth, Dividend growth and SHF growth)

For these 3, I think Transcorp is ok for now. What we need to watch out for is undue greed of management. And I think the only analysis that can help spot that revolve around analysis of expenses.

This is not a buy recommendation but thoughts on DD.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2023
yMcy56:

You didn't read the part where the billionaire friends had to intervene before Otedola could back down?

Otedola was persuaded by the other friends in the likes of Aliko Dangote and others before he accepted to release the shares back to Tony at that said amount.....3.12.

The question is: Why did Tony had to wait till it gets that "ugly" before waking up?

AMCON has placed its holding for sale since 2022 with no one showing interest to buy until Otedola bought it, having seen a good opportunity and value in it.
I cannot for any reason blame Otedola. He's a business man who saw profitable biz and keyed into it.

Tony needs to be serious with his business; sit up and take care of it as well as take care of the shareholders as well.
While AMCON wanted to sell, he could have negotiated it cheaper and buy, even @N1 self.

Someone still needs to teach him another sit-up lesson on UBA as well...... tongue

I want to believe the two of them knew what they were doing from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2023
Africa Prudential Plc
Please anyone with insight on what the N496million cost of IT Infrastructure, under Cost of Sales in Q1 2023, means. It's a new cost item in the financial statements and significant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dave2011: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2023
Mfunkynation:

Maybe you have to check with the registrar on Tuesday if you the situation is still the same

I will, thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Princkez:
what if the negotiation was done @#12, but made official rate @#3.12....just thinking deeper.

There are certain amount of money that move between investors that will be flagged if it does not conform to the corporate disclosures

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
Frangel:
Africa Prudential Plc
Please anyone with insight on what the N496million cost of IT Infrastructure, under Cost of Sales in Q1 2023, means. It's a new cost item in the financial statements and significant.

They are branching into providing IT solutions. The cost is probably for purchase of servers, storages, software, licenses, cloud subscriptions etc

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
unite4real:

There are certain amount of money that move between investors that will be flagged if it does not conform to the corporate disclosures

Is this followed through in Nigeria. From the market price deal to negotiated price of x deal on Transcorp, looks like it's not followed through in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
Thank you. I know about the new biz areas, hence my interest in the company. My worry was the increase in Cost of Sales (2450%) vis-a-vis increase in Revenue (72%).

Anyways, subsequent financials would give clearer picture.

Thanks.

Heishere:

They are branching into providing IT solutions. The cost is probably for purchase of servers, storages, software, licenses, cloud subscriptions etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Lol you didn't see "official"
They won't quote an unofficial price for the deal na.

if you know, you know. when dealing with cowboys, things are not how they appear officially
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Plz sir, fidelity bank intends to close its register from 15th to 18th may, 2023. Before what date should a shareholder qualify for dividend?

Cc ymcy56?
emmanuelewumi:

if you know, you know. when dealing with cowboys, things are not how they appear officially
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
jp130:
Plz sir, fidelity bank intends to close its register from 15th to 18th may, 2023. Before what date should a shareholder qualify for dividend?
Cc ymcy56?
Qualification Date is 12th May, 2023

Normally, qualification dates comes before closure of register. A working day before closure of register date in most occasions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2023
jp130:

Cc ymcy56?
Uncle, you and fidelity....
You still dey this market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 123ABCXYZ(m): 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Audited one of these listed companies some years ago and I just shook my head in pity for retail investors. The main shareholder would have cashed out like 20 - 30% of profits before declaring dividends. In that particular audit, N350m was paid as consultancy fees to the ultimate parent while N1b was declared as dividend that year grin The corporate governance culture in our listed companies is still very poor. Just check the professional and consultancy fees section of the latest financial statements of some of these listed companies and see how overbloated they are - Thats the cash out line for them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
Thanks ymcy56

yMcy56:

Normally, qualification dates comes before closure of register. A working day before closure of register date in most occasions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
My broda, na d only reasonable stock cradle trust left me with.
I am struggling to build investment now o with limited funds.
It is well.

Mfunkynation:

Uncle, you and fidelity....
You still dey this market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
123ABCXYZ:

Audited one of these listed companies some years ago and I just shook my head in pity for retail investors. The main shareholder would have cashed out like 20 - 30% of profits before declaring dividends. In that particular audit, N350m was paid as consultancy fees to the ultimate parent while N1b was declared as dividend that year grin The corporate governance culture in our listed companies is still very poor. Just check the professional and consultancy fees section of the latest financial statements of some of these listed companies and see how overbloated they are - Thats the cash out line for them.
shocked come to think of it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
ucheson2:
Discussion on transcorp at this time is like waste of time / misplaced priority to me.

Among the results released since yesterday who can tell which is the best?
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38374_MRS_OIL_NIGERIA_PLC.-_QUARTER_1_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2023.pdf

I just stumbled upon this MRS result. It pain me that I did not buy even one share of this coy right from when it was on full offer @ N12 until now. I hope that they will allow me to enter even though @ N28 by Monday I don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2023
talk2me2:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38374_MRS_OIL_NIGERIA_PLC.-_QUARTER_1_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2023.pdf

I just stumbled upon this MRS result. It pain me that I did not buy even one share of this coy right from when it was on full offer @ N12 until now. I hope that they will allow me to enter even though @ N28 by Monday I don't mind.
Me too I don't have a single share of the company but I will wait for it to drop to 20 or less before buying.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
onegentleguy:

As expected, GT delivered real good!
If they maintain this tempo to H1, 2023 then... wink cheesy grin

Elsewhere, WEMA doing its thing.
In the INSURANCE space, REGAL INS and SUNU did so well.
I just wonder why... wink cheesy cool
Anyway, I trust that Mr Time will do its thing in no distant time.

It is well.
I don't know if it is the same GTCO you are talking about because from my beginner point of view that stock doesn't seem to appreciate a bit in the last 1 year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 12:36am On Apr 30, 2023
yMcy56:

How much is there dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:29am On Apr 30, 2023
jp130:
My broda, na d only reasonable stock cradle trust left me with.
I am struggling to build investment now o with limited funds.
It is well.

cradle trust follow shock you. That company sold 80% of my shares without my knowledge and permission.
Hope you know that the have merge all their clients with meristem.
I have now taken control of the tasere the left for me via meristem.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:53am On Apr 30, 2023
123ABCXYZ:

About 6 years ago, Heirs charged Africa Prudential Registrar N100 million per annum as fund management fees, this was challenged at the AGM and they had to stop that.

All APR needed to do was to buy Treasury Bills or commercial papers with the excess cash or unclaimed dividend, why pay someone N100 million every year for doing that for you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dave2011: 8:23am On Apr 30, 2023
Heishere:

Exactly!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 8:44am On Apr 30, 2023
I am aware of d merger but how do i access my account through meristem?
Let me private chat u

Mfunkynation:

cradle trust follow shock you. That company sold 80% of my shares without my knowledge and permission.
Hope you know that the have merge all their clients with meristem.
I have now taken control of the tasere the left for me via meristem.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

About 6 years ago, Heirs charged Africa Prudential Registrar N100 million per annum as fund management fees, this was challenged at the AGM and they had to stop that.

All APR needed to do was to buy Treasury Bills or commercial papers with the excess cash or unclaimed dividend, why pay someone N100 million every year for doing that for you

And these are the sort of things Tony does with ALL his companies that are on the NGX. UBA, UCAP, Transcorp and AfPrud are way more profitable than they let out, but there are always creative ways to chop a company. That's why control is so important to them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2023
Lion123:

And these are the sort of things Tony does with ALL his companies that are on the NGX. UBA, UCAP, Transcorp and AfPrud are way more profitable than they let out, but there are always creative ways to chop a company. That's why control is so important to them.

Controlling shareholder can't have everything to themselves , all the other shareholders with 5% shareholdings and above are usually sorted out

When Coscharis was on the board of Access Bank all their official cars and those customers bought through auto loan were sold by Coscharis Motors.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gold360(m): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2023
Happy Sunday all, pls when will UBA and zenith banks pay dividends to their shareholders.?
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6954) (6955) (6956) (6957) (6958) (6959) (6960) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Freespirit89(m), Locotrader(m), lionshare, ekkywolex(m), yeddy99, donchichi, courage89(m), Mopolchi, NL1960, BabsO2(m), BullBearMkt(m), Princkez, kalkah, Strategical, 222Martins(m), Hedgefunds, Emndy(m), stepbystep1010, Digitron and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.