Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10873607 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7153) (7154) (7155) (7156) (7157) (7158) (7159) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2023
jarkbauer:
I’m not investing in ngx for now again. I invested, converted dollars at 770 now it’s 860. I’ve lost 12% already if I decide to repatriate my money from Nigeria back home today. Enjoy your renewed shege.

From 770 to 860 is 12%.

meaning if you brought in $1000 and you want to take it back as it is, you have lost 12%.

Now the question is, what was your profit in the NGX? Your statement is only valid if you have neither lost nor gained in the NGX.

If you have lost in the NGX, then your overall loss is more than 12%
If you have gained in the NGX, then your 12% loss claimed is not valid.

example, let's convert the $1000 at 770, that will give us N770,000
N770,000 invested in the NGX must have been during this bull run going by the rate. so lets assume you had 20% (excluding charges). This gives N924,000.
N924,000 converted back to $ @860 gives $1,074

So your asertion is not right pls

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

This is going forward exchange rate

I am just picturing the petrol pump price for these periods in my head. Disaster is looming
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18am On Jul 20, 2023
vacanci:

I am just picturing the petrol pump price for these periods in my head. Disaster is looming

Invest invest and Invest.

You should be okay

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Popson92: 8:23am On Jul 20, 2023
What is ETI Please?

BabsO2:

Reduction in what ?

ETI has lost the highest amount of shareholder funds in the last ten years. If there were no impairments, ETI should have second to largest SHF northwards of N 1,700b
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 8:27am On Jul 20, 2023
vacanci:

From 770 to 860 is 12%.

meaning if you brought in $1000 and you want to take it back as it is, you have lost 12%.

Now the question is, what was your profit in the NGX? Your statement is only valid if you have neither lost nor gained in the NGX.

N770,000 invested in the NGX must have been during this bull run going by the rate. so lets assume you had 20% (excluding charges). This gives N924,000.

Thank you. Your illustration came to my mind when I read that comment. 12% or more could even be made in a day sometimes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Going by Pa Emma account of things that happened in the 80s comparing it to what I can equally remember. Like me learning my first bike riding in a primary school field for a kobo.And my favourite drink then Green shandy. I believe he came after the biafra war.He should be btw 52-53 yrs.

80s memories. Wish NBL will bring Green Sands back. I am sure it contributed the word "shandy" to the Nigerian lexicon. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2023
At the rate the black market is going....it might be 1k by december
emmanuelewumi:
Naira to dollar is expected to reach N1000 by April 2025 and N1500 by July 2028.

I think a Nairaland denominated asset that can deliver a minimum total return of 100% between now and July 2028 will hedge the devaluation risk.

Using the 72 rule, that means a Naira denominated asset that gives a return of 14.5% and compounded for the next 5 years, will be a return of 100% in July 2028.

If you do your homework well, you should be able to do better than 14.5% per annum

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kingchuks(m): 9:04am On Jul 20, 2023
You may have concluded hastily. It didn't occur to you that he may have entered Accesscorp when it was trading at N18. Give him the benefit of doubt. He knows his portfolio better!
vacanci:

From 770 to 860 is 12%.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2023
vacanci:

From 770 to 860 is 12%.

For completeness, also factor the opportunity cost of holding the funds in a US bond market ( 3-5%) . The Ngx is still a good market to invest nonetheless buy at the right price. E.g assuming you had bought UBA @ 7.85…..the lyrics surely would sound different

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2023
Kingchuks:
You may have concluded hastily. It didn't occur to you that he may have entered Accesscorp when it was trading at N18. Give him the benefit of doubt. He knows his portfolio better!

Read my write up properly again.

If he actually invested in Accesscorp @18 and access closed yesterday @16.5, it means that his loss is more than 12% as claimed.

He can only be @12% loss if he had neither gained nor loss at the NGX.

Let him tell us if he has broken even or not on the NGX

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2023
aj8:

For completeness, also factor the opportunity cost of holding the funds in a US bond market ( 3-5%) . The Ngx is still a good market to invest nonetheless buy at the right price. E.g assuming you had bought UBA @ 7.85…..the lyrics surely would sound different

o yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2023
Hmmm.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:06am On Jul 20, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Naira to dollar is expected to reach N1000 by April 2025 and N1500 by July 2028.

I think a Nairaland denominated asset that can deliver a minimum total return of 100% between now and July 2028 will hedge the devaluation risk.

Using the 72 rule, that means a Naira denominated asset that gives a return of 14.5% and compounded for the next 5 years, will be a return of 100% in July 2028.

If you do your homework well, you should be able to do better than 14.5% per annum
I am of different opinion here about dollars hitting #1500 by 2028.If the government get things right within 4yrs.I see the dollars going south. And the global war against USA dollars too.The odds is more in favour than against us.If we can push oil production to 2million barrel and dangota refinery comes on.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Sir, I appreciate your analysis. Forget about what Nigeria govt is telling you or economic data. Naira against $$$ will cross NGN1,000 before the end of August/September, with this wasteful govt in power. Till then, we are waiting!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
Godisfaithful:

Sir, I appreciate your analysis. Forget about what Nigeria govt is telling you or economic data. Naira against $$$ will cross NGN1,000 before the end of August/September, with this wasteful govt in power. Till then, we are waiting!

Absolutely on point...
There is no harm in trading foreign stocks...
And also an active participant on the NGX....
Tinubu is going to handover back to the North...
We are going back to Square 1... wink grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Umargarr(m): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Matter of fact! Don't say you were not told.

PETERiCHY:
OANDO @#5 is a STEAL.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
Godisfaithful:

What I shared was not prepared by government

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Popson92:
What is ETI Please?

It's one of the banks. Ecobank Transnational inc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
No even a single reaction from the stock mkt today. What a day after PMS price increase.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
My stock valuation is currently @92% of my investment capital.

My total loss in dollar terms currently stands at 19.04%.
Bye bye NGX.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Seems this is Janet calling.....

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
jarkbauer:

Bye bye NGX.

You came in late probably

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2023
Avoid the day-to-day drama. When in doubt, zoom out and receive clarity.

Market is healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
jarkbauer:

Bye bye NGX.

Don't give up yet although cash is king sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
thesilentone:
Avoid the day-to-day drama. When in doubt, zoom out and receive clarity.

Market is healthy.
You dey mind them.They think is get rich quick party. Then you begin to see different new monikers asking what I can buy today and hammer tomorrow. They can't see the opportunities in the market now till new highs are reached

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

You came in late probably

You gerrit. If you are not one of the people who was attracted to the market by the noise, you should be fine. If you plant your own seed during harvest time, the result will not be okay except na GMO seeds.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
The naira is not only depreciating against the Dollar oo! So talking about war against the Dollar does not really solve the issue. Even against the Yuan or the Euro the naira is still depreciating. And this is only one aspect of the problem.

Inflation rate is another one to consider. With an inflation rate of 20% for the year, even if your portfolio performs very well at 16%, you have still lost in terms of pure purchasing power even for naira expenses.

I am not saying people should not invest in the NGX, but people should factor macroeconomic variables such as inflation rates in their portfolio analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
Afromentalist:
The naira is not only depreciating against the Dollar oo! So talking about war against the Dollar does not really solve the issue. Even against the Yuan or the Euro the naira is still depreciating. And this is only one aspect of the problem.

Inflation rate is another one to consider. With an inflation rate of 20% for the year, even if your portfolio performs very well at 16%, you have still lost in terms of pure purchasing power even for naira expenses.

I am not saying people should not invest in the NGX, but people should factor macroeconomic variables such as inflation rates in their portfolio analysis.
So what is the way forward for the naira.And for inflation, it is happening everywhere. The prices of goods in UK and USA of recent is increasing too..Then that of Turkey na another story.If you do you homework well .You should get nothing less than 30% from investment in ngx.That is reason I put BE in some of my sales or post so newbies know it is a marathon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
So what is the way forward for the naira.And for inflation, it is happening everywhere. The prices of goods in UK and USA of recent is increasing too..Then that of Turkey na another story
The inflation rate in Germany has been about 2% for decades. It recently surged to 6% due to the Ukraine war.

The inflation rate in Nigeria has been consistently double digits for many years before and after COVID and Ukrainian war. It lies around 20% for some time now.

In Nigeria one's portfolio has to consistently perform at about 16% yearly to have any hope of catching up with inflation. And some years it might not even be enough. Inflation in Nigeria as of now is about 22%.

Then you need to factor into it the depreciating naira, for those that have expenses overseas.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
So what is the way forward for the naira.And for inflation, it is happening everywhere. The prices of goods in UK and USA of recent is increasing too..Then that of Turkey na another story.If you do you homework well .You should get nothing less than 30% from investment in ngx.That is reason I put BE in some of my sales or post so newbies know it is a marathon

Earn in dollars..
And convert it to Naira...
That should kill the Nigeria inflation...
If u can make $500 in a month...
And convert it to Naira..
U wont have a problem with Naija inflation...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kingchuks(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kingchuks:
FBN HOLDINGS PLC- QUARTER 2 - FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR 2023

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39018_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2023.pdf
fantastic.so they are yet to appropriate the 4billion units bought by oba

(1) (2) (3) ... (7153) (7154) (7155) (7156) (7157) (7158) (7159) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maishai, Agbalowomeri, Bagwa, SonofElElyonRet and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.